More Training Droids, Please!

Yudoka
1274 posts Member
Today I ran out of training droids with still 1m credits remaining. At the normal rate of playing, I'll be sitting on 10's of millions of credits before I'm able to acquire enough droids to level a new character, basically now making credits somewhat useless. Might we possibly get an event for more droids (the standard one is terrible for this!) and/or allow use to purchase additional training droids with credits?
They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.

Replies

• Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    You're probably not at max level. I'm drowning in thousands of training droids and I'll never have the money to use them. I don't even do the challenges anymore. So:

More money, please!
    Post edited by Fatzke on
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Fatzke wrote: »
    You're probably not at max level. I'm drowning in thousands of training droids and I'll never have the money to use them. So:

More money, please!

@Fatzke

I'm 100% F2P and have been level 80 for a few months. 20 Maxed out characters. Several more at level 60+

You'll get there as well. Between GW, Raids, various events like the current Ewok, we're getting a ton of credits. But the amount of droids has remained the same. I'm now basically in the process of maxing our the stars on level 1 characters (I have 3 guys who have all the shards needed but are still level 1).
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Opposite.. no credits stupid amount of droids
    Going to cost 1.6m credits to take 1 toon from 73 to 80.. dont understand how you can have the reverse
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Forgot to mention the 15+ promotions just been waiting for an age.. which includes 3 or 4 to 7*.. thats 4mil on its own lol
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Saraleb wrote: »
    Opposite.. no credits **** amount of droids
    Going to cost 1.6m credits to take 1 toon from 73 to 80.. dont understand how you can have the reverse

@Saraleb

I usually place in the top 5 of our raids and have been able to auto the recent Ewok event. I'm basically now averaging well over 1m credits per day.

500k GW
    200K raid (this is averaging as we raid every other day)
    200k cantina
    128k credits challenge
    30k dailies
    30k arena
    30k regular battles

1.1m

Plus this whole week I'm getting another 150k from the Ewok event bringing my daily average up to 1.25m

That's a ton of credits. I simply ran out of droids. And because I'm out now and how many of them you need to max out characters, I'm going to be sitting on tens of millions of credits by that point.

Technically I'll be able to still use the credits to keep promoting characters, but it'll largely be characters who will be 7* but still very low levels.
  • Options
    I totally feel you. The credit crunch has been severely reduced thanks to all the great events that've been added, plus raids.

But to be fair, people complained for months about needing more credits and now that we've gotten them, running low on other resources (training droids now) was inevitable. There's no way to provide 'enough' of everything.

There will probably be an update to the Training Droid Hunt similar to the Scoundrel weekly event, I'd imagine. That's one of the great things about this game. There's always more stuff getting added!
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Davuron wrote: »
    I totally feel you. The credit crunch has been severely reduced thanks to all the great events that've been added, plus raids.

But to be fair, people complained for months about needing more credits and now that we've gotten them, running low on other resources (training droids now) was inevitable. There's no way to provide 'enough' of everything.

There will probably be an update to the Training Droid Hunt similar to the Scoundrel weekly event, I'd imagine. That's one of the great things about this game. There's always more stuff getting added!

Right. It's not me complaining so much as asking for additional source for more droids. The Mining Hunt is just terrible for the cost. And not being able to level characters is even worse than not being able to star them. I can somewhat have a decent level 80 character with max abilities and gear that's a 4*. But a 7* level 10 character and nothing else is completely useless.
  • Options
    I am always short on t-droids too. I think it is because I often farm from the lowest Cantina/L/D node available. I've been trying to farm from the highest node available now to get more credits and droids, even if it means I get gear/shards more slowly. Got to pick you poison. Higher Cantina nodes in particular drop much better droids and even purple mats.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    I am always short on t-droids too. I think it is because I often farm from the lowest Cantina/L/D node available. I've been trying to farm from the highest node available now to get more credits and droids, even if it means I get gear/shards more slowly. Got to pick you poison. Higher Cantina nodes in particular drop much better droids and even purple mats.

I do the same thing. I farm from whatever node gets me the best reward overall.
  • Tekka
    26 posts Member
    Options
    How do I have 20k + training droids and no money, but u have the opposite? I do everything every day, and I get like 2-300 droids but can only use 100 at most before I run out of money
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    Tekka wrote: »
    How do I have 20k + training droids and no money, but u have the opposite? I do everything every day, and I get like 2-300 droids but can only use 100 at most before I run out of money

@Tekka

How many level 80 characters do you have? How many 7*? How many characters do you have that are high stars but low levels? How many credits a day do you gain on average compared to my list above?

I'm not exactly sure what really caused my shift, but I'm not flipped and it will be impossible for me to flip back unless something changes.
  • StarSon
    7442 posts Member
    Options
    I am *almost* right there with you, but I disagree. Something must be the bottle neck. Since training droids are single purposed I would rather it was them than credits.
  • Tekka
    26 posts Member
    Options
    @Yudoka
    16 7*, 12 80,s, 10 between 70-80...like 5 waiting for credits to get 7*...maybe I spend more credits on abilities or gear? Takes 80k per omega ability and I have a lot of toons that are maxed ability. I have 31 toons at 7+ gear...

it takes me 17k level 1 training droids and 4.6 million to go from 1-80...I could max like 4 guys if I had 20mil credits.
  • Tekka
    26 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Ps...if we both do all activities (raid, GW, challenges, spend over 600 energy, events) we should have similar incomes....I must spend more money on non training than you. I concentrate my resources on my arena team and raid team which have mostly max level but not gear,how do you spend your credits?
  • Tekka
    26 posts Member
    Options
    Just occurred to me...maybe I do more regular sims than you...I usually get 1-3 from every time i try to get gear...I have 21k normal battles completed, maybe that's the difference? Hard mode battles give less droids per energy as do high level nodes. Maybe if u complete more low level nodes (which I do incidentally through gear grimding) you will get a better gear:credit ratio (or worse if u think having over 30k droids u can't use is lame)
  • Options
    I'm exactly in the situation that you mentioned. Have over 14mil in credits with no training droids
  • Tekka
    26 posts Member
    Options
    As a reference, I do 2 refreshes on cantina and 4 on regular, plus all the free energy...so like 800-1000 energy a day at 8 energy Avg per node her about 100-125 battles a day which means at least 200 training droids a day
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    At some point it happens. I have many 7* level 80 Charaters was sitting on 4mil credits and 0 training droids. Only spent my credits to 7* the other GW charaters to use them as shard shop currency.
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Tekka wrote: »
    @Yudoka
    16 7*, 12 80,s, 10 between 70-80...like 5 waiting for credits to get 7*...maybe I spend more credits on abilities or gear? Takes 80k per omega ability and I have a lot of toons that are maxed ability. I have 31 toons at 7+ gear...

it takes me 17k level 1 training droids and 4.6 million to go from 1-80...I could max like 4 guys if I had 20mil credits.

@Tekka

I have 20 - 7*, 11 - 80's, 8 - 70-80's, and various guys I'm randomly gathering shards for.

I only do 1 cantina and 2 regular refreshes per day though. Then again, both net droids + credits so it shouldn't really matter in the balance sense. For a few weeks there I was doing only 1 regular refresh to save crystals for the raid gear but, again, that should balance about equally on droids to credits. I certainly did not miss out on enough droids to level a full guy. And if I did, that's just one guy. I'll have way more credits still beyond that.

I've lately been averaging about 1.1m credits per day, 1.4m this week due to the Ewok event.
    Post edited by Yudoka on
  • Jdm1a0
    180 posts Member
    Options
    Been maxing lowly characters with excess credits too. The training droid crunch is real up here
  • Options
    I am running out of training droids soonish too.. they are giving so many extra opportunities for credits but nothing for training droids. Hope it changes soon.
  • K_G0sling
    839 posts Member
    Options
    +1 on Training Droid crunch. Many maxed toons sitting at 72 with plenty of credits to spare. One for another, I suppose. Oh well...I'm happy I'm even at a point I can be in this position, no complaints. It is what it is.
  • Options
    It may come down to how you farm your squads. I tend to develop platoons 5 or even 10 toons at a time. When several toons hit around level 70 at the same time, I think the T-Droids are harder to come by than the credits. It seems that others in my guild focus more on only one or a few characters. They seem to struggle more with credit shortages.
  • Jdm1a0
    180 posts Member
    Options
    It may come down to how you farm your squads. I tend to develop platoons 5 or even 10 toons at a time. When several toons hit around level 70 at the same time, I think the T-Droids are harder to come by than the credits. It seems that others in my guild focus more on only one or a few characters. They seem to struggle more with credit shortages.

It doesnt matter that they hit 70 or their level but you got it right anyway-- "Tdroids are harder to come by"

If you have 0 credits and 0 droids, which fills faster (proportionately)? Credits these days

If your farming 5 characters all at once, theyll all be at 80 in the same amount of time as they would have leveling 1 at a time generally speaking. Same amount of credits and droids.

Farming methods probably do affect your situation in the sense that some nodes have better rewards than others for credits and droids
  • Options
    There will always be a shortage of something. Everybody has different styles of progression, which makes different demands on resources. Not to mention that we all have unreasonable expectations of how quickly we want to see our roster progress. Only the whales can meet those expectations - maybe.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    User experience will differ from player to player. That's true. I've been all over the place at different points, but I think it's directly correlated to what I'm doing.

I'd love more rewards from every event and fight node though!
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107