Survey

Prev1
So, if the game survey is supposed to be confidential, why does it require us to enter our Player ID?!

Good one EA/CG!
Green_Legend_Ran A storm is coming...

Replies

• Options
    +1
    Don't forget to take the survey! Lol)
    WqEgWg2.jpg
  • BWSkynobi
    334 posts Member
    Options
    I can't wait to take it.
  • Options
    Holy time waster...that's one heck of a long survey, and quite painful on a phone screen. I wonder if they'll reward people for spending the 45 minutes it takes to complete it.
  • Options
    Also, when it asks for version number, the actual version 0.4.1 is not recognized. You have to use 0.4
  • kaarlows
    21 posts Member
    Options
    Which survey is that?
    Empire did nothing wrong
  • Options
    If you haven't seen it, you don't need to know. (This is not the survey you're looking for.)

And GLR...I put in 041 (skipped the decimals). I think it just wanted a 3 character string.
  • Options
    Susbirder wrote: »
    If you haven't seen it, you don't need to know. (This is not the survey you're looking for.)

And GLR...I put in 041 (skipped the decimals). I think it just wanted a 3 character string.

@Susbirder
    I think you discovered why the game is so bugged: EA/CG ignored all the "."s in the game coding!
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    +1
    Don't forget to take the survey! Lol)
    WqEgWg2.jpg

Aww that artwork looks really cool, I wish I got one...
    To stay on topic the survey obviously doesn't know who you are ahead of time since it's asking for your player id so its probably just looking for proof that you play the game, or the results may be based on regions.
  • Jdm1a0
    180 posts Member
    Options
    Holy time waster...that's one heck of a long survey, and quite painful on a phone screen. I wonder if they'll reward people for spending the 45 minutes it takes to complete it.

Probably HAD to put out a survey per TOS with app stores. Lots of people asking for refunds? Goh you better add a survey, youre making us (app stores) lose money!

So they do, but make it really efffffing tedious.

Pure speculations, but it feels like something theyd do.
  • Green_Legend_Ran
    389 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    To stay on topic the survey obviously doesn't know who you are ahead of time since it's asking for your player id so its probably just looking for proof that you play the game, or the results may be based on regions.

The ID still ties it to you since it is at the end of the survey (like signing your name at the end of a report). They may not know you at the start, but afterwards they know you wrote it. And the only way to take it is through the in game notice link.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    It poped up when I was doing GW so naturally I was all ready in a bad mood from doing that so I quickly saw it pop up and then closed it thinking it was just and add for the yoda event or something
  • eldredpe
    142 posts Member
    Options
    Jdm1a0 wrote: »

Probably HAD to put out a survey per TOS with app stores. Lots of people asking for refunds? Goh you better add a survey, youre making us (app stores) lose money!

More likely they've got an echo-chamber of hate coming out of their forums and they'd like to get a solid sense of whether or not it's an accurate portrayal of the player base as a whole.

Or because they just ended a fiscal quarter and EA is the kind of company that wants that kind of satisfaction data, either for internal development or as information for shareholders.

There are a lot of possible reasons, but I very much doubt it's a punitive action due to mass refunds (Is there even any evidence of mass refunds anywhere?)
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    Seems like a great feedback tool, and people have been asking for direct input.

Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • ukdfink
    148 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    1. Would you rather play swgoh or a spreadsheet that has calculations that change weekly and sometimes dont work at all?
    2. How do you rate our conmunity support ranging from 1 (hugely impressed ) to 5 (very impressed).
  • Jdm1a0
    180 posts Member
    Options
    eldredpe wrote: »
    Jdm1a0 wrote: »

More likely they've got an echo-chamber of hate coming out of their forums and they'd like to get a solid sense of whether or not it's an accurate portrayal of the player base as a whole.

Or because they just ended a fiscal quarter and EA is the kind of company that wants that kind of satisfaction data, either for internal development or as information for shareholders.

There are a lot of possible reasons, but I very much doubt it's a punitive action due to mass refunds (Is there even any evidence of mass refunds anywhere?)

Hey who knows, thats the fun of speculation!
  • Jdm1a0
    180 posts Member
    Options
    Also i didnt say mass refund. You did. A "lot" is a large group, not necessarily representative of a majority even.
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Options
    I hope it pops up again cause I would have liked to help them get a better idea of what their concerns and praises are.
  • Options
    Well being that my player code is like 40 digits of lower and upper case letter, you can't cut and paste it, and I don't have a pen and paper, seems I just wasted the last 1/2 hour. Thanks
  • Options
    kaarlows wrote: »
    Which survey is that?

This is not the survey you're looking for...
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Options
    Well being that my player code is like 40 digits of lower and upper case letter, you can't cut and paste it, and I don't have a pen and paper, seems I just wasted the last 1/2 hour. Thanks

Oh ya . Forget that lol
  • Options
    Haven't seen it yet, must have sent it out to a select few. You know the ones who don't complain here.
  • Paxus
    60 posts Member
    Options
    What I love is the artwork features an OP (always Rey!) character, a nerfed into oblivion character, and a broken/bad afterthought character.

Sums up the game nicely. Lots of options, most stink.
  • Options
    I never got one.
  • Jdm1a0
    180 posts Member
    Options
    Haven't seen it yet, must have sent it out to a select few. You know the ones who don't complain here.

Can confirm (not really). I complain a lot and didnt get it
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    It's a suuuuper long survey. Hopefully they actually listen to the feedback.
  • Phlebotomy_Jones
    439 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    So if you were one of the folks asked to participate in the survey, what were some of the questions?
    (curiosity not doubt)

Or was there an ND clause attached to it?
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    There was actually an NDA for some reason.
  • ukdfink
    148 posts Member
    Options
    And NDA? On a customer survey..... looooool.
  • Options
    Of course there was...and since it was completed anonymously yet they asked you for player ID...

Amazing.
  • Paxus
    60 posts Member
    Options
    Yep yep. We might be breaking the NDA by revealing its existence...