Do you want mods?

Prev134
Wildcats1203
781 posts Member
edited July 2016
This is a very simple question, and there's no "I'll have to wait and see" option for a reason. Do you want EA to update the game with mods this week?

Do you want mods? 494 votes

Yes
21%
SilkenOneSixOneFourTheRenegadeRonoaldoSticare_Courts_0073RonTomLlewellaMoBlaqalejandron995WhiteroomAmnorDaysOfYoreDaymaPedrop7StanleyChAkavirsp3cw4rBrazilian_JoeThewhiteonEYudoka 106 votes
No
78%
Kochegara_RuRumpelstilzchenJJHNaryax101TimbaCreativeAttackerJabberwockypip_ninjaDrPancakesJaqenhgarjeremyj26EM650PindasauskanonRogan_Ban84StarSonshampoodano7591TakDashboardAggropox 388 votes

Replies

• Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    No
    Yet another thing we have to spend our already dwindling non-upgraded lvl 60 resources on. Lovely.
  • Options
    No
    I'm more of a "I don't really care'" person to be honest. I don't want them because I know this is gonna be another cash grab, and I think it'll punish people who try to use unique teams even more. I figure Rey, daka, and fives stand the most to gain from mods. Though old Ben with damage mods should be funny since he's already very tanky and evasive. Maybe even savage oppress and empire toons can benefit too.. It has potential to be good, just like this game in general. But I just don't have confidence in the developers anymore
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    No
    I don't want them, but I knew they would happen because EA has exhausted gear, and now needs a new way for people to power up their characters, and more importantly, spend money.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Options
    I'll say it again. If it's tuned per each toon then it's ok. But if each mod is just a flat boost then it will fail.
    Here is an example, let's say it's just a flat boost to a stat. Rey and Vader can both get a flat 20% more damage. That doesn't seem fair. But if it's tuned per person like Rey gets only 5% more damage while Vader gets 30% more then that is what I'm ok with.
  • Options
    No
    Mods are just the next wave of raid gear to stop us and limit us again unless we pay more money.

For me i just love using my heroes it's why i have so many of them. I like trying new teams all the time. Raid gear made that alot harder hence i have so many gear 8 heroes waiting in line for a raid item.

Mods will increase the line and are a bad idea to begin with especially since lots of heroes need balancing pre mods.

I am a large large spender..
    https://swgoh.gg/u/mofojokers/
  • Silken
    88 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Yes
    Have to be honest. I think the game is going in the wrong direction in terms of pricing, balancing, squeeze on resources. I played a few freemium, drop a few hundred over a year. Then feel priced out. It's going this way in this game.

However, as I said have to be honest. I love new content, I like the concept of mods, always have. I have a little difficulty in this game since no-one really know what the maths are behind most of the stats.

But hey...new content. >:)
  • Options
    Yes
    I'll say it again. If it's tuned per each toon then it's ok. But if each mod is just a flat boost then it will fail.
    Here is an example, let's say it's just a flat boost to a stat. Rey and Vader can both get a flat 20% more damage. That doesn't seem fair. But if it's tuned per person like Rey gets only 5% more damage while Vader gets 30% more then that is what I'm ok with.

This^
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    Yes
    A huge yes, new content is always good. New strategies and such. Will there be a huge gap between F2P and P2P? Yes but as a F2P i dont give a ****
  • Options
    No
    I have seen what things like this mods have done to games and it's not pretty.
  • SkyCake
    188 posts Member
    Options
    No
    Nope! Having already played with this mechanic in other games, it just isn't fun. There's a right and wrong way to mods characters, and doing it the wrong way is expensive. I feel bad for the people that put early mods on their characters and have to pay to remove the mod when RNG (mods are several layers of RNG) happens to give them a higher tier. Strong characters get stronger while weaker characters have to keep up. Putting speed mods on your Darth Maul won't change anything since quick characters like Rey and Leia will also have speed mods. Maybe this game will have a different experience even though they work the same, but the devs haven't really boosted my confidence.

The silver lining is mods will make your characters better in raids, campaign, and events since you'll be fighting unmodded opponents that aren't balanced around fighting modded teams. Of course, future events may be based around teams with the best mods and even more of us will be left out. We don't know that, yet.

Especially after playing other certain mobile apps, I'm finding this game is becoming more and more demanding while not becoming more rewarding.
  • Options
    No
    As I understand mods, they will be the next race. My biggest appeal for this game is building rosters and if focus has to shift towards mods to keep up, then I don't see me expanding my roster beyond what I already have. Plus, they just seem unnecessarily complicated. I'm sure with some practice it'll become second nature, but I just don't think it needs to be that complicated.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    So they are starting to hit the limits, 7 stars, level 8 abilities, gear 12 is almost within reach, level 80 almost unlocks everything for characters, but instead of breaking the old limits for the four power determining factors a fifth one is being added instead. Its like instead of building taller skyscrapers there are new little shops are being added instead, it gives something different a chance to be popular and expand, in my opinion this is a better way of releasing new combat factors to the game.
    To be honest though I feel like some of the lesser used characters need to be reworked before adding anything new if boosting every character is going to have a fair effect...
  • Options
    No
    I truly feel it's not time yet. Eventually? Sure. Will they be cool and add a dynamic to the game? Likely. Just at this moment in time, let me concentrate on leveling my roster before I have to level my levels, then level those levels.

I'd rather see something simpler like a new raid to play with.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    No
    I don't really care but as others have said, they need to be balanced against the base power of the hero. Depending on the stat. The "rey gets 5% increase offense max while Vader get 30%" example is a good one of what should happen. If they don't do that, then there will never be balance in the force.... I mean this game.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    No
    no

I want to get to the point where a character can finally be done and move on to one of the other hundred characters, with mods characters will never just be done
  • Options

What you're really saying is they need to balance the game. If the game were completely balanced right now, it shouldnt really matter if all toons get the same boost from a mod
  • Options
    No
    These results seem to be overwhelmingly against mods. I think it's time EA realized that they can make more money in the long term if they retain their players instead of making cash grabs that drive away large groups of dedicated players.
  • Options
    No
    The only way I could support mods is if they were given their own table with their own energy resource. This is the only way it could truly be a horizontal rather than vertical expansion of the game. As it stands now, however, grinding for mods will interfere with my acquisition of new cantina node characters, which is something that I absolutely cannot support. Acquiring new characters is one of the few things that continues to make the game fun for me, I do not want my collection goals to be sidelined.
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    No
    No and our guild is nothing but people talking about quitting...
  • Manowar
    288 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    While my vote is yes, the more and more I think about it I'm inclined to say no.

I appreciate the effort put into developing the game further, and the modding idea is exciting for me. The risks do seem high, however, in drastically altering (again) the game-play and strategy to the point where we no longer recognize the Galaxy of Heroes as it once was.

As an F2Per I don't mind the gap between us and whales, but it does not seem necessary to increase that gap even more than it is. Considering the raid gear update, you may as well throw out the tried and true law of diminishing returns, where the higher you level the smaller the character benefits are. Instead, a jump from gear 8 to gear 10 nearly doubles the health of a character while immensely boosting other vital stats. As it stands, one maxed gear 11 toon is worth five toons with gear level 8. That seems odd to me. Anyway, it looks like the game designers are choosing to broaden the competition gap yet again. Hopefully this will not be totally game breaking.

In the meantime, I will embrace the grind as a thoroughbred F2Per and thrive on the challenge of keeping up with the big fish. Besides, I think it will be fun to dabble in character stats... why not!?
  • Options
    No
    Mods are just the next wave of raid gear to stop us and limit us again unless we pay more money.

For me i just love using my heroes it's why i have so many of them. I like trying new teams all the time. Raid gear made that alot harder hence i have so many gear 8 heroes waiting in line for a raid item.

Mods will increase the line and are a bad idea to begin with especially since lots of heroes need balancing pre mods.

I am a large large spender..
    https://swgoh.gg/u/mofojokers/

I agree with you 100%

https://swgoh.gg/u/aaronburrsir/
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options
    No
    This is 100% accurate, but there's no reason we should expect it to be anything but the worst possible implementation at this point.

And no, I don't want mods. I want them to fix the terrible gear system we already have.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Perhaps some mods will be a flat physical stat increase and it will be fine. Like say a mod will increase physical damage by 60. Same effect as adding a stun cuff.

Since reys physical damage is higher than vaders, this will be more beneficial to vader, as a percentage of each toons original dps. (Not necessarily, I did not look up any stats; this just for sake of argument. And of course this doesn't account for speed, etc.)

Some mods might even affect physical stats like str, agi, or int, which will naturally have different effects for each toon.

Any way u slice it, I don't see mods having a huge impact on the game in the immediate future. If every level mod added another layer of protection, God forbid the immediate chaos and gold rush.

I think the big changes are months away. When people collect complete sets of mods that happen to complement key toons.

I am hoping for some potency mods for my Plo Koon. Maybe even CUP will be useable with the right mods?

If they balance it right, mods might even CLOSE the gear gap. They could give a greater overall benefit in some cases to toons without max gear.... adding potency to a maxed qgj for example, ain't gonna help much in arena. Mods might be a stop gap until u get max gear, but won't necessairly make all maxed toon soooo much better. Perhaps they will benefit greater the toons that are currently lacking in some area.
  • Options
    No
    no

I want to get to the point where a character can finally be done and move on to one of the other hundred characters, with mods characters will never just be done

This. Plus I would rather have more that I can do with my toons than being able to modify them but still have the same ole places to fight with them.

Chondrosarcoma- Chondro3150#0907
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Options
    No
    Unless they make it like jarjar suggested the rich (Rey, Rg, Ben, etc) will get richer and the crap characters will get slightly less crap but proportionally everything will stay the same
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    Options
    Idk

I dont want to farm more.
  • Options
    No
    Voted no but I also didn't like protection when it was implemented. However, looking back it was a good move so who knows what this will look like months from now.

I just don't like the thought of farming more for my maxed out toons but from EAs perspective this is a deeper way to enhance characters which in turn means more money for them. I'd rather develop other characters and see some revisions in many of the useless characters that are already in the game. We need like 10 more revisions like the one they just did with Anakin

It's going to happen regardless of these polls, posts or how people feel about it now.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Personally, I think some people don't realize it. We like to farm things. That's why we play. More things to farm can be good. By providing a new feeling of progression. It might take a week to get a raid gear. It might take 3 weeks to get that raid gear and the other purples just to get the next gear lvl on a toon. But in the meantime u might be able to find a mod that makes a given toon much more useful, maybe several times a day, at first. Yes these mods will be 100 percent disposable garbage in a week or two when u find better ones. But it will be something new to do. The discovery part will be fun, even if the mechanics need some work.

For those having issues with GW, mods can be a quick way to make your weak azzz bench toons useful enough to finish GW.

Do I want mods? I can't vote until I see what im voting on. It could be good. It could be bad.