Do you want mods?

Replies

• ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yes
    Sounds like not as many agree with me on this particular poll. I'm excited for any customization. I understand why people are upset that it's not it's own energy, but that would be WAAAy too easy. Get 120 energy every day for free jet to get all the customs you want? No way, this is a build game, let us enjoy the process and keep people from lighting all their fireworks off in one go.

It will put lots of folks into a position of looking at their cantina energy and asking, "which do I need more, hero shards or mods?" That will be different for everyone. Doesn't mean that mods are a bad idea. It's a great idea!
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options
    No
    Sounds like not as many agree with me on this particular poll. I'm excited for any customization. I understand why people are upset that it's not it's own energy, but that would be WAAAy too easy. Get 120 energy every day for free jet to get all the customs you want? No way, this is a build game, let us enjoy the process and keep people from lighting all their fireworks off in one go.

It will put lots of folks into a position of looking at their cantina energy and asking, "which do I need more, hero shards or mods?" That will be different for everyone. Doesn't mean that mods are a bad idea. It's a great idea!
    Mostly what it means is that new players will be forced to choose between cantina node characters and playing arena.
  • Options
    Yes
    Let's give it a chance.
  • Options
    No
    The game hasn't been going in the most positive direction so I voted "no" due to it not seeming like a great move, and because it detracts from the whole motive of character collection but... I am interested in seeing how it goes.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yes
    hhooo wrote: »
    Mostly what it means is that new players will be forced to choose between cantina node characters and playing arena.

It depends on how many characters are worth the mods. It's gonna be different for every player sure, but it's still a new opportunity. I'm not sure how new opportunities are viewed as a negative in this case. To play is to grind. Time to ask bigger questions if we don't like the grind anymore, perhaps that's what you're talking about.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    No
    No- there is still enough Stuff to fix...until the Squads didn't become more viable we don't need another push for the most used Toons.
  • Wildcats1203
    781 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    No

It depends on how many characters are worth the mods. It's gonna be different for every player sure, but it's still a new opportunity. I'm not sure how new opportunities are viewed as a negative in this case. To play is to grind. Time to ask bigger questions if we don't like the grind anymore, perhaps that's what you're talking about.

To play is not to grind. To play is to strategize and to create new, unique lineups and strategies. Every time they increase the grind, it makes it more difficult to create new lineups because it takes more work to level a character. @ShaolinPunk
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yes

To play is not to grind. To play is to strategize and to create new, unique lineups and strategies. Every time they increase the grind, it makes it more difficult to create new lineups because it takes more work to level a character. @ShaolinPunk

I include your perspective in my grind. Kill order and best viable options are a repetition of strategy. Both and.
  • Options
    No
    I voted no because there are so many other things that need to be addressed that this feature just seems like a money grab.

If the developers would fix what is broken and expand upon some more playable content I think this idea would be good to implement it. As it stands now if they do move forward with mods right now I think they will have made a major mistake.

But then again its not like those that design games listen to those that play games anymore do they?
  • Options
    Yes
    I like mods because they will add more strategy to the game. I like how this game is becoming more strategy than power. Also, EA isn't forcing you to pay. Paying for the game doesn't make you better than everyone else. I'm F2P and I'm rank 9 in arena right now!
  • Options
    No
    Mods will cost 1500 crystal for one unit like gears
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options
    No

Exactly. Each new grind removes our ability to play.
  • Options
    No

That is the most anti consumer viewpoint ever. If you don't want to blow your load early, exercise restraint on your own. Why take away other people's options AND benefit a hated development team in the process?

We don't even have a functional game. Riddled with bugs, poorly balanced, excruciatingly unfair to F2P and newbies. Is this really what we need? You can dress up a **** to sell it, but it'll still be a **** unless you fix it first.

Mods are a terrible idea. Anything that consumers didn't ask for, incur additional cost, and delay actually needed fix is a terrible idea.

Easily satisfied players like you are the reason we can't all have nice things.
  • Options
    No
    LastJedi wrote: »
    For those having issues with GW, mods can be a quick way to make your weak azzz bench toons useful enough to finish GW.
    That won't happen. You will have to mod your strongest toons just to keep up in Arena. Your GW opponents will also be modded. The strongest will only get stronger, and the weak weaker.

We already have a poorly balanced, unbearably monotonous game. This is make it worse.
  • MoBlaq
    582 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    Yes with their own allotted energy source, not with cantina energy
  • Options
    Yes
    I think now is the perfect time for mods. And the way they are being implemented will force players to make some choices about who to mod. They've done a decent job at this point creating an arena experience at has no singular ultimate meta team. There are ani led teams, droid teams, dodge teams, phasma teams, Rex led teams, etc etc.. Mods will make players commit to a mets they prefer and I think it will add a new layer of strategy that goes beyond "which of my 5 meta teams should I use today"

Obviously it also extends the longevity of the game...while I can sympathize with wanting to "complete" characters...doing so will force you to lose interest.

Mods are necessary...lets hope they are well-implemented.
  • Options
    No
    I will mob ugnaught then
  • Options
    No
    I will mob ugnaught then

Don't forget CUP and Mob Enforcer!
  • Options
    No
    Yes they are next
  • Options
    No
    no

I want to get to the point where a character can finally be done and move on to one of the other hundred characters, with mods characters will never just be done

+100
  • Options
    No
    Not only will this create a bigger gap between f2p and p2p, but especially for f2p players you are now making them decide between farming shards in cantina or farming mods. There's no way f2p players will be able to keep pace... Not that most are now, but this will widen the gap a long ways.
  • Options
    No
    No mods until at least the maximum level is implemented. You're opening Pandora's box otherwise.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • Options
    No
    Just no. Sounds more time consuming and annoying than fun.
  • Options
    No
    No. I'm worried about how the cantina energy will work. I want to build up my roster and diversify it with different heroes and star them up. If mods coming in makes me have to do mods and not be able to focus on new characters so I can compete in arena and gw, then I will be done with this game.
  • Forar
    94 posts Member
    Options
    No
    Sad to say, but I've lost faith in this team's ability to implement mods in a way that is fun and rewarding, rather than even more grind and frustrating.

If anyone is having the same experience I am in GW (node 12 with a 40k+ team and my top five characters hit 35k fully fresh), imagine facing those same teams but with even more edges due to having also acquired the best mods for every one of them.

I barely squeak out the occasional win as it is, and having the power disparity grow even further is just a recipe for making an even bigger mess in the GW and arena.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    There should be a I don't no yet but really Im not hyped about mods
  • Options
    No
    No. I'm worried about how the cantina energy will work. I want to build up my roster and diversify it with different heroes and star them up. If mods coming in makes me have to do mods and not be able to focus on new characters so I can compete in arena and gw, then I will be done with this game.

Same. Using odd characters is the most fun part of this game, and if the best farming spot is taken away because we need to use our energy on mods im done.
  • Strong
    70 posts Member
    Options
    No
    80% of this poll says no. You yes guys are in a minority. Where's the democracy. This is just one poll but pretty damming on the game makers. Listen to your customers and scrap mods.