Beginners Guide - Hero Farming

13Next

Replies

• Options
    So I'm using phasma (leader), sid, boba fett, Talia and Jedi consul, I'm not clearing all of gw and my arenas are absolutely screwed if I see savage oppress, any advice? Level 54, most toons 4* item Lev 4-5
  • Options
    So I'm using phasma (leader), sid, boba fett, Talia and Jedi consul, I'm not clearing all of gw and my arenas are absolutely screwed if I see savage oppress, any advice? Level 54, most toons 4* item Lev 4-5

It is possible to make GW easier by putting your lowest toons in the Arena and losing. After a GW restart, you will find it much easier to go through.
  • John316
    4 posts Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

If you're having problems clearing GW, I would definitely recommend getting your toons up to gear level 7. What are your top 10-15 strongest toons? Do you have Count Dooku, Qui Gon Jinn, Stormtrooper Han, Royal Guard, Poe Dameron, Rey, CT-Fives, or any other tank characters?
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    dajhmaster wrote: »
    It is possible to make GW easier by putting your lowest toons in the Arena and losing. After a GW restart, you will find it much easier to go through.

I tried that last night. Put a weak team in the Arena, and this morning I had dropped from #44 to #187. Restarted GW and still couldn't finish the sixth battle.

My level 54/55, 4/5 star, gear level 7 characters couldn't defeat a team with level 61/62, 6/7 star, gear level 7/8 characters. Still can't finish GW, and was only able to get back up to #85 in the arena.

Can't do much farming when I can't finish battle 6 in GW or stay in the top 50 in the arena.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    My understanding is that GW is somewhat based on the highest power arena team you have EVER used. So just swapping out a lower powered arena team wouldn't work.

GW is about depth. Don't start out with your best squad. You will lose all your protection and start taking real damage before you get to the tough teams. I'm level 80 now, and rank around 1XX in Arena. I will start GW using a team of characters in the lvl 60-70 range, gear 7. I sometimes have to swap in an A/A- team for node 6, then go back to the 60-70 guys. As needed, replace characters with low health. Keep a couple of tanks so if you need a taunt early in a match, you know you can grab one. Using this strategy, I usually make it to the last node with some of my "A" team still full protection. Sometimes I don't even use my A team at all. And of course, you can use retreat if you are hit with some bad RNG or you simply underrated a team and need backups.

Currently, I start GW using Ackbar (L; 6*-Lvl70, G8), Lando (6*, L70, G8), Chewy (5*, 70, G8), Talia (5*, 70, G7) and Boba (5*, 58, G7). As you an see, this is in no way a meta team. Ackbar + Lando devastates early nodes. Chewy has plenty of health to eat away early attacks, and can heal when he needs to. Talia is a terrible healer, but she does the job early and is usually the first replace. Boba has decent health, and a handy ability block that has been landing more than I'd think. Try to think "What is the lowest tier characters I could use to clear this team". It also lets you use a lot of your characters. You never know who you may decide you like.
  • DarthZannaH
    577 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    evanbio wrote: »
    My understanding is that GW is somewhat based on the highest power arena team you have EVER used. So just swapping out a lower powered arena team wouldn't work.

GW is about depth. Don't start out with your best squad. You will lose all your protection and start taking real damage before you get to the tough teams. I'm level 80 now, and rank around 1XX in Arena. I will start GW using a team of characters in the lvl 60-70 range, gear 7. I sometimes have to swap in an A/A- team for node 6, then go back to the 60-70 guys. As needed, replace characters with low health. Keep a couple of tanks so if you need a taunt early in a match, you know you can grab one. Using this strategy, I usually make it to the last node with some of my "A" team still full protection. Sometimes I don't even use my A team at all. And of course, you can use retreat if you are hit with some bad RNG or you simply underrated a team and need backups.

Currently, I start GW using Ackbar (L; 6*-Lvl70, G8), Lando (6*, L70, G8), Chewy (5*, 70, G8), Talia (5*, 70, G7) and Boba (5*, 58, G7). As you an see, this is in no way a meta team. Ackbar + Lando devastates early nodes. Chewy has plenty of health to eat away early attacks, and can heal when he needs to. Talia is a terrible healer, but she does the job early and is usually the first replace. Boba has decent health, and a handy ability block that has been landing more than I'd think. Try to think "What is the lowest tier characters I could use to clear this team". It also lets you use a lot of your characters. You never know who you may decide you like.

Nice sharing and I must say that I use AA (L) as well in first nodes, switching on node 6.

AA (L) / Leia / Daka / Lumi / Any DPS. This team can survive anything except the hard nodes (6-9-11-12).

AA makes Sidious and Vader your toys, wait for their DOTs and use AA dispell to heal your entire team for free!

I switch DPS as need, for example, I start with Rey, and switch to IG86 / Geo Soldier to maintain the TM (Turn Meter).

On nodes 6-9-11-12 I always start sending a team of Level 30s-40s so they waste their specials.

Nodes 6-9 I use my B team (droids), and Nodes 11-12 I use my A Team, and if **** happens I send in my B team to finish the last 12th node.

Hope this helps (I'm level 75, all toons G7-G8).

My rooster: AA, Rey, GS, QGJ, Phasma, RG, STH, Droids (IG bros + HK47 L), Lumi, Barris and JC (around 14~15 heroes).

A Team: Old Ben / RG / Rey / QGJ / STH
    B Team: HK47 / IG brothers
    C Team: Mixed up AA, Leia, Phasma, Healers (Lumi, Barris, JC).

Forget the healers in the hard nodes, just melt em, you will want burst and TM on those fights.
    Do or do not...
  • Options
    One thing I like to do, now that my roster is deep enough, is start my Barriss-Lumi-QGJ-GE-Fives squad on node 4. Nodes 1-3 get my fifteen highest power toons in three completely different teams before my main squad takes over. That way, if I need to sub in Rey for Lumi on a tougher node, I don't start with a toon that has no turn meter banked. If node 12 kills an entire squad, I can pull in up to three more that have turn meter carrying over from their first fight.
  • ElectricW1zard
    3 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hey I'm not sure how well poe still is but he doesn't seem as great as your/steelers guide made him out to be. I'm not meaning to critic either of your guides I'm wondering if I'm running an out of date team. Im currently using steelers setup: I've got sidious(lead)6*,GS 7*,poggle 5*,poe 5*,lumi*5. Poe taunt is pretty much a death wish, I'm hesitant on wasting more time promoting him further. I've got QGJ at 3*, a 4* dooku from hard missions, Darth vader 4*,JC 3*. I'm lvl 65 rank 500-600 in arena. GW i get about half way through. I'm thinking of switching from dooku to JC on hard missions. Any advice is greatly appreciated,thanks.
    This is my full roster if it helps:
    GS *7 gear 7,sid *7 gear 7,poggle *5 gear 6,lumi 5* gear 6,JC *3 gear 8,poe *5 gear 6, Darth Vader* 4 gear 6, talia *3 gear 7, chewie *4 gear 6,QGJ *2 gear 7,dooku *4 gear 5, savage *3 gear 5, ahsoka *2 gear 6, RG *2 gear 5,luke *3 gear 4, ig 86 *2 gear 4, and ben *4 gear 4
    Post edited by ElectricW1zard on
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    Poe is still a decent starting squad hero but not a good end game hero.

STH and RG are the best taunters currently, but it takes a while before you can farm RG.

Given QGJ is in cantima shipments too, Poe is not the best choice for first 7☆ hero to farm there, but can still win in arena and it's best to finish heroes you've started before moving on to others.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Slinks
    50 posts Member
    Options
    Should i finish my 7*sid or starting farming leia? I think sid at my lv (60) its loosing power, i have my top5 gs7*,lumi6,qjn5*(starting farm daka, am i right??), rey 4*,phasma5*
    Nd in cantina should i farm what? I wanna think a bout a end game(70+) . I have some goods mods 4,5*
    Im a f2p finishing 8/10 in gw pvp rank 40-100(when i cant play during the day, also i never refresh)
  • Options
    Ok thanks i guess I'll finish poe than. So you think i should farm ST Han after i 7* sid? I was tempted by either trying to start droid team or maybe leia or ackbar. Droid seems good since i can run poggle as lead, be long getting hk47 and ig 88 though.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    Sid is not a good choice.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    Updated OP
  • Options
    r Could you add advice on your holotable payout link regarding mods? I'm torn between using energy for mods or character shards. I've been just sticking to collecting old ben shards.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    r Could you add advice on your holotable payout link regarding mods? I'm torn between using energy for mods or character shards. I've been just sticking to collecting old ben shards.
    I'll need to run a new account to do that accurately.

I suspect it should be a priority to focus on getting your first arena and GW squads to 7☆ with low mk mod sets at least before working on farming new heroes from cantina.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    Updated OP with decreased Cantina energy refresh costs of 100, 100, 200, 200, 400, 400, 800, 800.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    Updated OP to include Wedge farmable in Cantina.
  • Options
    Refreshing cantinia and regular energy are both worth it until you hit 200 crystals for refresh . if you are low lvl, the extra energy you spend goes a long way to experience points.

My advice to new players is don't spend big money until you have played for minimum of 2 months. If you've not missed a single day after 60 days then you are officially addicted and i strongly edge you to get the 21 day cristal pack that mails you 100 crystals/ day for 21 days, its the best value. If your going to get a crystal bulk go for vault. You don't need a mortgage or wife/kids you just need Swgoh OK!

If your going to get old daka , max her gear and 7* her ASAP and give her potancy mods .

Do not spend lvl 3 purple ability mats on leadership skills unless you are using that toon as leader . otherwise its an epic waste.

Get scoundrals asap for events , at least 3

NEVER use 2* or higher training droids to max a character lvl this is an epic waste.

Open for discussion and questions .
  • Options
    Open for discussion and questions .

Maybe start a new post instead of hijacking someone elses.
  • Options
    I thought they decreased the crystal cost in the cantina battles? It still costs 100 crystals to refresh.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    dajhmaster wrote: »
    I thought they decreased the crystal cost in the cantina battles? It still costs 100 crystals to refresh.

The old costs were 100, 200, 200, 400... etc
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    Updated for fleets.
  • Options
    I just wanted to say a MASSIVE thanks for making this. Helped me loads! And I am sure it has helped thousands of others!!!
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    Malicious wrote: »
    I just wanted to say a MASSIVE thanks for making this. Helped me loads! And I am sure it has helped thousands of others!!!

You're welcome.
  • Options
    SteelersCA wrote: »
    Seriously though, I don't know how he will answer but if you want my advice it is below, but hey what would I know, I have only taken several accounts to number 1 on their servers most of my advice is garbage according to the Droid Lord.....

Farm:

GS
    QGJ
    LUMI
    SID in arena shipments (try to get into 100-200 rank so you get 10 Sid shards a day)
    Keep up with Dooku in the 1c light and 1c dark and also farm Jedi Counsler in hard battles as well.

I am really interested to see what Mr. Droid is going to advise you to do. Good Luck.

Quick question.. I know it is an old topic.. But Count Dooku over Aayla Secura? Imo two very similar chars.. :-)

BR.
    Jens
  • wawrzon
    262 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Drop this topic, its outdated and inaccurate atm. Still presents added value though.
    Aayla has a future in heroic ATT squads, Dooku has no future atm. Good overall unit, but not future proof anymore. Drawback of Aayla is that she's in 1x cantina node and you have better units to farm there than her.