Beginners Guide - Hero Farming

Replies

• Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    Poe is the best, QGJ would be good for the jedi event starting soon and is the second best option overall. Daka is extremely useful for dark side missions later on if you cannot borrow one from an ally.
  • Options
    Hey, just discovered this forum and was wondering if you guys could help me out. Im lvl 39(almost 40) and I love the bounty hunters in star wars i think they're awesome. I have already invested all my time on getting IG88 and Boba Fett. I'm getting Ig88 tomorrow and still have around forty shards left to activate boba. Am i on the track for failure? is their any team synergy with all bounty hunters? or should i just abandon ship and hop on that darth sidious and poe train?
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    Pandeist wrote: »
    I'm about to start farming my first cantina shipment character. Who should i go with? QGJ, Old Daka, or Poe? Based on looking at their skills they all seem good. I'm currently floating between ranks 4-10 in arena so who'd be the best to help me stay doing good in arena?
    Thank you for posting your current squad, this makes all the difference.

Poe and QGJ are currently the strongest heroes available in Cantina Shipments, although there are plenty of useful heroes available here, so it really depends on what you have, and what you want later.

Both Poe and QGJ will synergise well in your squad. QGJ and GS is my favourite duo.

You should aim to replace both Chewie and JC as both of these heroes are quite weak at end game.

My recomendation of which to farm first would be based on who you are currently farming from the arena.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    bobafettjr wrote: »
    Hey, just discovered this forum and was wondering if you guys could help me out. Im lvl 39(almost 40) and I love the bounty hunters in star wars i think they're awesome. I have already invested all my time on getting IG88 and Boba Fett. I'm getting Ig88 tomorrow and still have around forty shards left to activate boba. Am i on the track for failure? is their any team synergy with all bounty hunters? or should i just abandon ship and hop on that darth sidious and poe train?
    Their are no synergies with bounty hunters (or bounty hunter class at all for that matter), however they are decent heroes in the game so far.

I would recommend finding a better synergy to start the game with so you don't make things difficult for yourself by the time you max out your first arena squad. Perhaps go for synergies that will help build the bounty hunter heroes after you have a solid arena squad.

With a decent starting squad, Sidious can be avoided if you like (I have on my main account for eg), but he is one of the best GW heroes imo. There are better end game options for the arena though.
  • Options
    Hey there. I'm an f2p player since softlaunch, with the current roster of:
    - 7* Sidious, 7* Jedi Consular, 7* Luminara, 7* Asajj Ventress, 6* Daka (first five which form my arena/GW team)
    - 7* Chewie
    - 5* Tusken Raider, Phasma
    - 4* Darth Vader, Jawa, Ima-Gun Di, Savage Opress
    - 3* IG-88, IG-86, CT5555, Talia, Ewok Scout, FOTP, Ahsoka, Hoth Scout
    - 2* Clone Sergeant, Snowtrooper, Biggs, CUP, Royal Guard, Ewok Elder, Jedi Guardian, Resistance Trooper, Teebo, FOStrooper

Currently, I'm farming:
    - Cantina Credits- Daka to 7*, then switching to Poe if he is still viable
    - Cantina Shards - Mace Windu, for my Jedi team, supplementing with Hard nodes.
    - Squad Arena - Stockpiling, no idea.
    - Galactic War - Phasma, alternating with Poggle

I have a few questions if you can possibly assist:
    a) Are my current farming strategies optimal? Anything I can unlock and level faster that would give me a better "bang for my shard"?
    b) What should I spent Arena tokens on? I have a 7* Sid and a 7* Asajj out of it... Should I go for a droid team, ala IG88 - HK47 ? Or try to get Savage Opress? Droid team will take me double the time span than Savage. Others are not so good for my synergy, I guess
    c) Should I keep spending Galactic tokens for Phasma, given I use Sid as leader? Note that I can already clear GW/Challenges/Cantina with him, and Phasma would be just more of an arena upgrade/small upgrade.
    d) I can only spend a maximum of a cantina refresh + 1 gear refresh a day. Should I work towards a different Hardmode hero or add in Hard nodes for the Cantina shard hero?

Thanks,
    Timba
    Timba ~ f2p since October ~ on LINE timba_timba ~ [FTB]

• Options
    Triqui wrote: »
    MULDYE wrote: »
    I call total **** on your shard drop rates. Drop rates for shards for me run at around 5% on a good day. On average, I get 1 shard per day farming all cantina/lightside/darkside battles. If I'm lucky, I may get 2. For example: ran 15 squad cantina today trying to get Geonosian Soldier shards - got 1. Yesterday, i got 1, and the day before that, 1. So out of about 45 runs, I have 3 shards. So, 40% drop rate.... not even close.

I got roughly 40% since I started farming my currently 5* geonosian soldier.
    Either you are victim of your own cognitive bias, and you remember more the cold streaks (which is common human behaviour) or you happen to be the outlier example of the normal random distribution.

Succinct and insightful
  • Options
    Pandeist wrote: »
    I'm about to start farming my first cantina shipment character. Who should i go with? QGJ, Old Daka, or Poe? Based on looking at their skills they all seem good. I'm currently floating between ranks 4-10 in arena so who'd be the best to help me stay doing good in arena?

POE to 4* then QGJ to 4* back to POE to 5* then QGJ to 7*

• SteelersCA
    216 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    ...post deleted.
    Post edited by SteelersCA on
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    Most of your advice is garbage @SteelersCA please remove it from my guide.
  • Options
    When will people understand that nobody reads wall texts
    Follow on twitter, Subscribe to my channel , 10$ free giveaway here
  • SteelersCA
    216 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Keaven wrote: »
    Most of your advice is garbage @SteelersCA please remove it from my guide.

Really, I guess it was blind luck that I was able to take two accts to number 1 in the Arena. But whatever, I will remove it from your thread.

I am not dissing your guide, but a Droid stack is not top tier current meta. But you did write this pre patches. Also, your advice for the purple Ability mats was spot on.

Could you be more specific in your critic? Your statement is too general to take seriously. You are advising a lot of the same toons I have, my take was to focus on the front 5 and leave most everything else for later or not at all.

I do like how you explained drop rates and overall shard payouts for the Cantina.
  • SteelersCA
    216 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
  • SteelersCA
    216 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
  • Options
    good guide, don't listen to the haters
  • Options
    good guide, don't listen to the haters

Was never hating on his guide BnB until he got snippy. As a matter of fact he just generally said my advice was mostly garbage when we both are suggesting a lot of the same characters to farm. It is easy to throw out blanket statements with no specifics to back up your critic.

At the very least, I offered some specific information he can opine to . For the most part I totally agree with a lot of what he has to say, I just politely disagree with some of his assertions. He is spot on in some areas, behind the times in others IMHO.
  • Job
    49 posts Member
    Options
    I started an f2p alt a couple weeks after my main since there's such a hard block on game play.

Been using this strategy for maximum table payouts:

- Stimmed to top 5 of arena by day 2 award time.
    - Use 2 cantina refresh per day with reward crystals for maximum shards and ability mats (tier III ability mats are the most scarce item you will need).
    - 2 energy refresh per day for fast leveling to 40 and gear, after that at your own discretion or gear impatience.
    - Win every GW.
    Using this strategy you can farm at these rates:

Using 8 energy cantina missions:

315 cantina missions per week (95 shards a week at a drop rate of 30%)
    50 cantina shipment shards per week.

Using 10 energy cantina missions:

252 cantina missions per week (75 shards a week at a drop rate of 30%)
    53 cantina shipment shards per week.

Or using 12 energy cantina missions:
    210 cantina missions per week (63 shards a week at a drop rate of 30%)
    55 cantina shipment shards per week.

Plus

96 Arena shards per week with rank 1 rewards.
    105 GW Shipment shards per week.

And there you have it. Max f2p farming rates for the main sources. You will also slowly accumulate crystals you can save for chromium or the odd third cantina refresh, depending how often you may need to refresh battles or countdown on the arena to snipe #1 each day, or failing to make #1 every day you should still be able to easily fund your cantina refreshes including your daily mission rewards.

On a shard per crystal basis, spending 400 on a cantina refresh is more expensive on average than saving for an 8 chromium pack. But as F2p chromium exlusives will be useless until they are moved to a farmable source. Shipments are relatively expensive for hero shards per crystal, but are a good way to speed up key hard mission heroes you are also slow farming, and will save a lot of time in the long run if you are accumulating crystals from high arena ranking.

Personally I don't have many competing for rank 1 on either of my accounts in my timezone so am very fortunate to maximise arena table payouts.

Based on these farming rates, the fastest Arena squads you can promote to 7☆ from the start of your game is roughly:

2 cantina mission heroes
    1 GW shipment hero
    1 Arena shipment hero
    1 Cantina Shipment hero (last to ☆)

There are a few strong synergy teams that you can build from this pool, and if you focus on these exclusively you will also not neglect GW.

For details on hero end game stats, abilities, and synergies I highly recommend checking out http://www.swgohcantina.com

In my experience you can also activate some of the stronger early game heroes without promoting further to essentially hold arena rank while you build a stronger end game squad to be used, as some squads only show their colours as their abilities are upgraded and VII gear is equipped towards level cap.

Arguably the top heroes from these farming sources would be:

GW: Luminara Unduli
    Arena: Darth Sidious
    Cantina Shipments: Poe Dameron/Qui-Gon Jinn
    Cantina 8 energy mission: Geonosian Soldier
    Cantina 10 energy mission: Kylo Ren
    Cantina 12 energy Mission: Count Dooku

Here are some good example startup squads:

Darth Sidious
    Geonocian Soldier
    Luminara Unduli
    Poe Dameron
    Jedi Consular/Talia

Captain Phasma
    Geonosian Soldier
    Darth Sideous
    Old Daka
    IG-86

Qui-Gon Jinn
    Luminara Unduli
    Geonosian Soldier
    Darth Sidious
    Lando

Ahsoka Tano
    Luminara Unduli
    Talia
    Jedi Consular
    Asajj Ventress

Asajj Ventress
    Nightsister Acolyte
    Nightsister Initiate
    Old Daka
    Talia

Admiral Ackbar
    Biggs Darklighter
    Luke Skywalker
    Hoth Rebel Scout
    Luminara Unduli

Nute Gunray
    Datcha
    Nightsister Acolyte
    Teebo
    Poe Dameron

IG-88
    Lando
    Poe Dameron
    Geonosian Soldier
    Poggle The Lessor/Captain Phasma

Whilst you will need to also level and gear your heroes used for L&D side missions make sure you save all your tier III purple ability mats for your intended end game starting 7☆ max gear squad because you will have a shortage of these precious items.

The best way to chose a starting Arena squad is to consider where you would like to go from there, because ideally you want to start with as many heroes as you can that will have a use for where you want to go, and some squads you may want to use will have heroes that share farming sources so will need to be built slowly.

For details about how to maximise your holotable payouts for the fastest progression check out my beginners guide as well

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/1195/beginners-guide-its-all-about-the-tables

It would also be worthwhile investing in a slow hard shard only hero to max ASAP as you will need to do hard missions for daily rewards, and there is also good gear on some of the better heroes. The best hard farm hero would be Rey and she has three missions. Other good heroes are:

Royal Guard
    First Order Tie Fighter
    Resistance Trooper
    First Order Storm Trooper
    Ewok Elder
    Anakin Skywalker
    Ima-Gun Di

At the end game it can be difficult to compete against p2Wers in your arena, however I believe the strongest f2p squad composition is droids which you can build after maxing your starting arena squad.

HK-47
    IG-88
    IG-86
    Geonosian Soldier
    Poe Dameron/Qui-Gon Jinn

There are a few variations which you can work towards and transitional configurations such as running Poggle Lead while you max IG-88, before getting HK-47 since both IG-88 and HK-47 are farmed from the Arena, Poggle can be farmed at the same time as IG-88).

If you are going for this squad as early as possible, you may not need to completely max your starting squad before you shift depending on how competitive your arena is.

Perhaps the strongest f2p squads
    I started an f2p alt a couple weeks after my main since there's such a hard block on game play.

Been using this strategy for maximum table payouts:

- Stimmed to top 5 of arena by day 2 award time.
    - Use 2 cantina refresh per day with reward crystals for maximum shards and ability mats (tier III ability mats are the most scarce item you will need).
    - 2 energy refresh per day for fast leveling to 40 and gear, after that at your own discretion or gear impatience.
    - Win every GW.
    Using this strategy you can farm at these rates:

Using 8 energy cantina missions:

315 cantina missions per week (95 shards a week at a drop rate of 30%)
    50 cantina shipment shards per week.

Using 10 energy cantina missions:

252 cantina missions per week (75 shards a week at a drop rate of 30%)
    53 cantina shipment shards per week.

Or using 12 energy cantina missions:
    210 cantina missions per week (63 shards a week at a drop rate of 30%)
    55 cantina shipment shards per week.

Plus

96 Arena shards per week with rank 1 rewards.
    105 GW Shipment shards per week.

And there you have it. Max f2p farming rates for the main sources. You will also slowly accumulate crystals you can save for chromium or the odd third cantina refresh, depending how often you may need to refresh battles or countdown on the arena to snipe #1 each day, or failing to make #1 every day you should still be able to easily fund your cantina refreshes including your daily mission rewards.

On a shard per crystal basis, spending 400 on a cantina refresh is more expensive on average than saving for an 8 chromium pack. But as F2p chromium exlusives will be useless until they are moved to a farmable source. Shipments are relatively expensive for hero shards per crystal, but are a good way to speed up key hard mission heroes you are also slow farming, and will save a lot of time in the long run if you are accumulating crystals from high arena ranking.

Personally I don't have many competing for rank 1 on either of my accounts in my timezone so am very fortunate to maximise arena table payouts.

Based on these farming rates, the fastest Arena squads you can promote to 7☆ from the start of your game is roughly:

2 cantina mission heroes
    1 GW shipment hero
    1 Arena shipment hero
    1 Cantina Shipment hero (last to ☆)

There are a few strong synergy teams that you can build from this pool, and if you focus on these exclusively you will also not neglect GW.

For details on hero end game stats, abilities, and synergies I highly recommend checking out http://www.swgohcantina.com

In my experience you can also activate some of the stronger early game heroes without promoting further to essentially hold arena rank while you build a stronger end game squad to be used, as some squads only show their colours as their abilities are upgraded and VII gear is equipped towards level cap.

Arguably the top heroes from these farming sources would be:

GW: Luminara Unduli
    Arena: Darth Sidious
    Cantina Shipments: Poe Dameron/Qui-Gon Jinn
    Cantina 8 energy mission: Geonosian Soldier
    Cantina 10 energy mission: Kylo Ren
    Cantina 12 energy Mission: Count Dooku

Here are some good example startup squads:

Darth Sidious
    Geonocian Soldier
    Luminara Unduli
    Poe Dameron
    Jedi Consular/Talia

Captain Phasma
    Geonosian Soldier
    Darth Sideous
    Old Daka
    IG-86

Qui-Gon Jinn
    Luminara Unduli
    Geonosian Soldier
    Darth Sidious
    Lando

Ahsoka Tano
    Luminara Unduli
    Talia
    Jedi Consular
    Asajj Ventress

Asajj Ventress
    Nightsister Acolyte
    Nightsister Initiate
    Old Daka
    Talia

Admiral Ackbar
    Biggs Darklighter
    Luke Skywalker
    Hoth Rebel Scout
    Luminara Unduli

Nute Gunray
    Datcha
    Nightsister Acolyte
    Teebo
    Poe Dameron

IG-88
    Lando
    Poe Dameron
    Geonosian Soldier
    Poggle The Lessor/Captain Phasma

Whilst you will need to also level and gear your heroes used for L&D side missions make sure you save all your tier III purple ability mats for your intended end game starting 7☆ max gear squad because you will have a shortage of these precious items.

The best way to chose a starting Arena squad is to consider where you would like to go from there, because ideally you want to start with as many heroes as you can that will have a use for where you want to go, and some squads you may want to use will have heroes that share farming sources so will need to be built slowly.

For details about how to maximise your holotable payouts for the fastest progression check out my beginners guide as well

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/1195/beginners-guide-its-all-about-the-tables

It would also be worthwhile investing in a slow hard shard only hero to max ASAP as you will need to do hard missions for daily rewards, and there is also good gear on some of the better heroes. The best hard farm hero would be Rey and she has three missions. Other good heroes are:

Royal Guard
    First Order Tie Fighter
    Resistance Trooper
    First Order Storm Trooper
    Ewok Elder
    Anakin Skywalker
    Ima-Gun Di

At the end game it can be difficult to compete against p2Wers in your arena, however I believe the strongest f2p squad composition is droids which you can build after maxing your starting arena squad.

HK-47
    IG-88
    IG-86
    Geonosian Soldier
    Poe Dameron/Qui-Gon Jinn

There are a few variations which you can work towards and transitional configurations such as running Poggle Lead while you max IG-88, before getting HK-47 since both IG-88 and HK-47 are farmed from the Arena, Poggle can be farmed at the same time as IG-88).

If you are going for this squad as early as possible, you may not need to completely max your starting squad before you shift depending on how competitive your arena is.

Perhaps the strongest f2p squads [/quot

How do you start an alt account
  • Options
    I've been playing through the game for about 6 days, and got stuck. I did bad decisions at the beginning I think.
    I'm currently player level 43, and got stuck at:
    -Light Side stage 4-L (boss boba fett) got defeat everytime
    - dark side stage 4-L: beat the stage with 3 stars, but cannot progress because it requires level 49.
    - GW after three days playing it with no problems, today got stuck on the 3rd fight, my opponents are:
    Urror lvl 49 4*, JC lvl 49 3*, chewie lvl 49 4*, Talia lvl 47 4*, Phasma lvl 51 5* so that team kick my butt and I had to retreat.

Need some advice on what to farm next. These are my current characters:
    Main team (all lvl 43)
    Talia lvl 43 3*
    Jawa lvl 43 3* / ig-86 lvl 43 4*
    Chewie 3*
    Royal guard 2*
    Jedi Consular 2*

My others chars are: Savage lvl 43 3*, ewok 1*, ugnaught 2*, clone sgt 1*, snowtrooper 1*, CUP 1*, geonosian soldier 1*

And currently have these:
    Lumi 25 shards of 50, resistance trooper 16/25, qui gon 10/25, assajj 10/50, dooku 10/50, Rey 14/80

Sorry if this is not the right place to ask!!!
  • Options
    h
    DieInFire wrote: »
    I've been playing through the game for about 6 days, and got stuck. I did bad decisions at the beginning I think.
    - dark side stage 4-L: beat the stage with 3 stars, but cannot progress because it requires level 49.
    - GW after three days playing it with no problems, today got stuck on the 3rd fight, my opponents are:
    Urror lvl 49 4*, JC lvl 49 3*, chewie lvl 49 4*, Talia lvl 47 4*, Phasma lvl 51 5* so that team kick my butt and I had to retreat.

Main team (all lvl 43)
    Talia lvl 43 3*
    Chewie 3*
    Royal guard 2*
    Jedi Consular 2*

My others chars are: Savage lvl 43 3*, ewok 1*, ugnaught 2*, clone sgt 1*, snowtrooper 1*, CUP 1*, geonosian soldier 1*

Lumi 25 shards of 50, resistance trooper 16/25, qui gon 10/25, assajj 10/50, dooku 10/50, Rey 14/80

He will recommend the Droids.....LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • SteelersCA
    216 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Seriously though, I don't know how he will answer but if you want my advice it is below, but hey what would I know, I have only taken several accounts to number 1 on their servers most of my advice is garbage according to the Droid Lord.....

Farm:

GS
    QGJ
    LUMI
    SID in arena shipments (try to get into 100-200 rank so you get 10 Sid shards a day)
    Keep up with Dooku in the 1c light and 1c dark and also farm Jedi Counsler in hard battles as well.

I am really interested to see what Mr. Droid is going to advise you to do. Good Luck.
  • Options
    @SteelersCA thanks man, really appreciated!!!
    Wow!! My rank in arena yesterday was 300+ and today I was surprised to see my rank dropped at 550.

So on the healers side, is better to farm JC instead of getting Daka? Guess will go for Qui gon instead of Daka at the cantina shipments, as I already have some of his shards.

Guess there's no hope for me on today's GW...
  • Options
    @SteelersCA thanks man, really appreciated!!!
    Wow!! My rank in arena yesterday was 300+ and today I was surprised to see my rank dropped at 550.

So on the healers side, is better to farm JC instead of getting Daka? Guess will go for Qui gon instead of Daka at the cantina shipments, as I already have some of his shards.

Guess there's no hope for me on today's GW...

As to your question on Daka vs. JC. I have Daka on my main acct. She is great, but her heal is not that good. JC (at the higher levels) can get his cool down to 3 which is almost a spamable heal. That is really good for GW at your level. Barris is the best option for the current GW but she is not farmable to F2P until lvl 69 so she is out unless you somehow get really luck and drop her in a Bronzium pack. Have heard of that happening but I don't have that kind of luck.

I have to grind for everything I got. Biggest problem with Daka is where you farm her. You have QGJ and Poe as options in Cantina and it is laboriously slow to farm anything out of there. Hmmm why do you think EA/CG would put QGJ (arguably one of the best PVP toons) in there. Ding, ding, ding for the whales to pump crystals into recharges to get him and they released him before the POE balancing patch as a counter balance to him IMHO.

Just know at the level you are you are going to take a beating in GW. That is by design by the developers....Hmmm, why would they do that? Perhaps it is because Key Card battles (major nerf last patch) and GW was the best place to get credits and they also capped the energy wells so you can't store energy anymore, why would they do all of this. IDK for sure, but my theory is they are going to raise the lvl cap to 80 sometime soon and right now it cost 2.3Mil to take a toon from 0-hero at 70. It is probably 1.8 mil to get from 70-80. How are you going to get all those credits? A: open your wallet for a great many whales.

I have posted a power leveling guide for F2P players based on the current meta, posted it in this thread but Keaven took exception to it with some nasty criticizm so I removed it per his request and posted it in its own thread. If follows a lot of what I just told you. Check it out and let me know what you think.

BTW as posted above I ran into his Droid Stack in my own GW and blew him out of the water. Current meta is about Speed and Droids are slow, slow, slow. Alright maybe just slow, slow......
  • RidleyGiggity
    238 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm about to finish Lumi and Phasma in the GW, who should i get, i have GS on my main squad so, i'm thinking about getting Poggle but i'm not even thinking about making a Droid Squad and who else should i consider?
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    I'm about to finish Lumi and Phasma in the GW, who should i get, i have GS on my main squad so, i'm thinking about getting Poggle but i'm not even thinking about making a Droid Squad and who else should i consider?
    It depends on your roster, but poggle is a good option in general and can slot into many squads.

If you plan to farm droids it depends on how old your arena is as to the best way.
  • eBitzu
    286 posts Member
    Options

Main team (all lvl 43)
    Talia lvl 43 3*
    Chewie 3*
    Royal guard 2*
    Jedi Consular 2*

Get somebody to lend you a support char like daka, luminara or bariss lvl 70 you'll be up in no time
    Follow on twitter, Subscribe to my channel , 10$ free giveaway here
  • Options
    It depends on your roster, but poggle is a good option in general and can slot into many squads.

If you plan to farm droids it depends on how old your arena is as to the best way.

Sound Advice on Poggle:
    +1

You couldn't help yourself with the "If you plan to farm droids it depends on how old your arena is as to the best way." even after he said, "...i'm not even thinking about making a Droid Squad..." LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    But seriously, is your assertion that an older Arena is better for Droids than the new ones? I think that is where you were going with that, but am not totally certain.

And if you didn't notice Keaven, that last statement was a bit of an olive branch. No strings attached.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    Updated guide based on new farmable heroes.

Being able to get Old Ben in stage 2 of the Cantina will impact starting accounts heavily, especially with the popularity and functionality of Qui-Gon Jinn.

Old Ben has a strong impact in the early game, which diminishes as the level of players reach capacity.
  • Options
    Updated guide based on new farmable heroes.

Being able to get Old Ben in stage 2 of the Cantina will impact starting accounts heavily, especially with the popularity and functionality of Qui-Gon Jinn.

Old Ben has a strong impact in the early game, which diminishes as the level of players reach capacity.

Nice to see that you updated this. Good info and related to the meta in place now. Still don't understand why you are pumping the Droid stack as the end game line up to run. The Droids are not nearly as strong as they once were, in this Speed/DMG meta. Speed looks to be the meta into the near term and next meta coming around the corner or am I missing something?

Good info on the Hard battle farms as Rey looks to be the strongest toon once cap levels are raised. BTW love what you guys do at SWGOH Cantina.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    Droids are the hardest hitting squad by far. Survivability is the main issue which RG can assist, or Poe in the short term as RG is a long farm.

Whilst they are as easy to beat as any other top tier squad, they still win matches easily on offense and even win defensive matches on occasion.

There are plenty of squads that can do this, however this is my opinion of the easiest to maintain for f2p and most reliable in my experience, as a one size fits all.

The f2p speed team options typically lack the big hitters which p2wers can max out, such as Rey, and need to go with more support options like Dooks, Daka, Lumi, etc.

They are also getting significant ability upgrades at cap raise, not least of which is HKs leader turm meter per crit increased to 50%, and both 86 and GS assist cooldowns reduced.

The proposed scaling of damage by speed, and fortitude will also increase their survivability and overall effectiveness.
  • Options
    Droids are the hardest hitting squad by far. Survivability is the main issue which RG can assist, or Poe in the short term as RG is a long farm.

Whilst they are as easy to beat as any other top tier squad, they still win matches easily on offense and even win defensive matches on occasion.

There are plenty of squads that can do this, however this is my opinion of the easiest to maintain for f2p and most reliable in my experience, as a one size fits all.

The f2p speed team options typically lack the big hitters which p2wers can max out, such as Rey, and need to go with more support options like Dooks, Daka, Lumi, etc.

They are also getting significant ability upgrades at cap raise, not least of which is HKs leader turm meter per crit increased to 50%, and both 86 and GS assist cooldowns reduced.

The proposed scaling of damage by speed, and fortitude will also increase their survivability and overall effectiveness.

Just read the developer updates and you may be entirely right about the droids. If they are changing the combat mechanic to give the slower toons more hitting power (droids already good there) they could be a dominating force again.

It should be interesting too, with QGJ now buffing speed to all toons, Ashoka is a slow character, but with her and QGJ speed buffs, and if they buff her DMG due to non-buff speed she could be a nightmare. I wonder how much DMG the new mechanic will take from Rey and GS.

Anyway I guess it is time to start stockpiling resources for the F2P. est. 2.4Mil to level 70 - 80 is going to be rough.

I noticed at the www.swgohcantina.com site they had projections for stats at lvl 90. Would be nice to see what the projections would be at lvl 80 now that they have announced the change is coming in the next few weeks.
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    Options
    Added some info about new cantina missions and changes to farmability of heroes.