Daka or sthan to gear 10?

Prev1
As the title says. I just about have the equipment to get one of them to gear 10. Both are level 80, 7*. Daka has both abilities omega and sthan has neither omega (though j am hoarding around 10 I could use)

I use both in my arena squad with dooku as lead, ig86, and either poggle, teebo, or qgj rounding out the five.

Any advice would be helpful. I typically end between 60-100 and would love to be able to cross that threshold to end below 50

Replies

• Options
    StHan. He tanks well.. If u get another dps to replace teebo or poggle, or even ig86.. It'll be better.
  • Options
    Any recommendation? I just got qgj to 7* but gear 7 or 8. Since putting him in instead of poggle I seem to drop ranks faster. Good at offence but defence seems lacking
  • Kabbes
    430 posts Member
    Options
    This is a scanner, right? Both need the potency, but Han is in more dire need of it, because he doesn't reduce TM consistently without it. Han needs the healthpool more too. I have found a maxed Han more consistently useful than a maxed Daka, not least in raids.
  • Options
    I went STH max gear and it helps in Arena. I usually sit top 40, and have climbed into top 10 with a refresh.

Still an incomplete team but Han definitely helps keep my rank.
  • Options
    I have a 7* G10 L80 Daka and she is amazing.

I have a 6* G8 L70 ST Han and he is not.

I do have a furnace, however, but I'm not sure I can justify putting on Han, because he really is a bad tank.
  • Kabbes
    430 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

I do have a furnace, however, but I'm not sure I can justify putting on Han, because he really is a bad tank.
    I don't think you really get to make pronouncements about who is and is not bad when you only have them half built. Come back when your Han looks like this

tGBzLSN.png

And then we can talk about how "bad" he is.
  • Arkangil
    64 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I'm seeing mixed signals. Some are saying han is a great tank, others say he is not. I put Han up to Gear X, and went into the arena. The team I fought (around rank 80-something) had a well geared rey and RG, my most hated combo. Also a QGJ, who could remove my taunt.

I targeted QGJ first, to get him out of the way, then worked on rey. My han survived quite a while against her, where he typically wouldn't so I am happy. Her strong attack took away all protection, but not much health, and he soaked up a ton more damage.

I think Han is worth the equipment to get him to gear 10. I also Omega his basic attack, for extra turn meter.
  • Trouserdeagle
    267 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Kabbes wrote: »

I don't think you really get to make pronouncements about who is and is not bad when you only have them half built. Come back when your Han looks like this

tGBzLSN.png

And then we can talk about how "bad" he is.

I can make "pronouncements" about who is or isn't bad when I'm talking about how they are at MY level specifically. the level at which I have them specifically.

Wind your neck in.

Edited for clarity.

• Kabbes
    430 posts Member
    Options
    How is he at "your level" when you are comparing him at 6 stars, gear 8 and level 70 to a Daka that is 7 stars, gear 10 and level 80? Your level is whatever your max is, and he's miles off the pace.
  • Options
    How is he at "your level" when you are comparing him at 6 stars, gear 8 and level 70 to a Daka that is 7 stars, gear 10 and level 80? Your level is whatever your max is, and he's miles off the pace.

"My level" being the level at which I have him.

• bngman
    369 posts Member
    Options
    Han as he need protection.
    His job is to take beats and give you turn meter.
    Mine is maxed and omega'd my daka is almost full gear just need a Frisbee.
    I can rank #1
  • Options
    Who else do you guys have in your party to reach rank 1? I am hopin with a stronger Han I can get sub 50 now
  • Options
    I have a near max Ackbar and Daka. Working on more rebels, even messing around with Biggs and enjoying his omega special, it's always ready to use!

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    st han (mine is g11) gets alot better with more protection. I dont use my g10 daka in arena. I wouldnt omega st han's basic though, no turnmeter gain = longer lasting taunt.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Anthony10 wrote: »
    I have a near max Ackbar and Daka. Working on more rebels, even messing around with Biggs and enjoying his omega special, it's always ready to use!

I was wondering who to drop an Omega on next - 1 round cooldown on Biggs' special. Awesome.
  • Options
    Darn, didn't think of that leef. Too late on the omega!
  • Kabbes
    430 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Arkangil wrote: »
    Who else do you guys have in your party to reach rank 1? I am hopin with a stronger Han I can get sub 50 now

https://swgoh.gg/u/kabbes/collection/
  • Options

"My level" being the level at which I have him.

Hilarious. So you could compare Rey 6* gear 7 lvl 70 with Asajj 7* gear 10 lvl 80 and say Rey is really bad?

ERROR 404 LOGIC NOT FOUND
  • Options
    And I'll give you my opinion:

Daka is arena and GW-only viable (she is useless against Rancor), StHan is so versatile you can put him anywhere. I recently got him to G9 and he does really good in arena (He's leading my team and I'm staying within top 20), very good in GW, especially for elite nodes and does pretty well in raids.

StHan is like an always-active Phasma, he's constantly giving you TM. He taunts, gives you 30%, he receives damage, gives you 20% (and has a chance of taking off a 10% from enemy) and when he goes has a 25% chance of removing a further 30% from enemies.

He's a machine of TM manipulation, and has a fair rate of potency (97%).
  • Options
    I am using him with Dooku in the lead. Wondering if Han should take over leader duties now...

Thank you all for your opinions. I am sure I will benefit!
  • Kabbes
    430 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Daka is arena and GW-only viable (she is useless against Rancor), StHan is so versatile you can put him anywhere. I recently got him to G9 and he does really good in arena (He's leading my team and I'm staying within top 20), very good in GW, especially for elite nodes and does pretty well in raids.

StHan is like an always-active Phasma, he's constantly giving you TM. He taunts, gives you 30%, he receives damage, gives you 20% (and has a chance of taking off a 10% from enemy) and when he goes has a 25% chance of removing a further 30% from enemies.

Absolutely, all of this.

But he does more than "pretty well" in raids...

MXAL0zT.png

(Screenshot from this morning's t7 raid)
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Absolutely, all of this.

MXAL0zT.png

Holy Moses..... I'll have to try that out when we start ours this morning.

@Kabbes Teebo lead or Phasma lead? And is this phase 1 or just phase 2?
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    Wow that's crazy. I am lucky when I get a combined 300K for my best team on a T5 or T6!
  • Kabbes
    430 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    pac0naut wrote: »

Absolutely, all of this.

MXAL0zT.png

Teebo omega lead. You need the stealth and the TM gain.

Omegas on QGJ basic, GS special and unique, Teebo basic and leader and Phasma both specials.

Gonna give Han taunt an omega later today, but no omegas for him at this time.

Teebo needs stun cuffs and thermal detonators for absolutely full gear but other than that all are totally maxed on their gear.

It's all phase 1, it's just that by the time I finished the raid was well into phase 2, and that's the status that is being shown.

QGJ basic removes TM. Han removes TM on his turn. Teebo removes TM when stealthed. Han gives TM when he taunts. Phasma gives TM when she VM. Teebo lead gives TM after each toon's go. QGJ gets bonus TM after basic. GS gets bonus TM after a crit.

It's all about that turn meter!
  • Options

Absolutely, all of this.

MXAL0zT.png

Amazing! Congrats on the nice score :)

I'm working on Teebo right now so I can take him to G10, otherwise useless for T7...
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    pac0naut wrote: »

Absolutely, all of this.

MXAL0zT.png

Teebo omega lead. You need the stealth and the TM gain.

Omegas on QGJ basic, GS special and unique, Teebo basic and leader and Phasma both specials.

Gonna give Han taunt an omega later today, but no omegas for him at this time.

Teebo needs stun cuffs and thermal detonators for absolutely full gear but other than that all are totally maxed on their gear.

It's all phase 1, it's just that by the time I finished the raid was well into phase 2, and that's the status that is being shown.

QGJ basic removes TM. Han removes TM on his turn. Teebo removes TM when stealthed. Han gives TM when he taunts. Phasma gives TM when she VM. Teebo lead gives TM after each toon's go. QGJ gets bonus TM after basic. GS gets bonus TM after a crit.

It's all about that turn meter!

Okay, I should do ok. I have omegas on qgj basic, Teebo leader, Phasma everything and GS unique. Thanks for the idea!
  • Kabbes
    430 posts Member
    Options
    I think the omega on Teebo basic is pretty important, but see how it goes.

Big scores are very RNG dependent. I've had two at 1.5 million but also two at 550k and one at 650k. It doesn't always go to plan.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Nm.... Put up about 430k. Going back to the usual suspects.
  • Options
    For anyone interested, bringing it back to my original topic, after getting han to g10, plus 4/6 gear 10 slots filled, with dooku lead, qgj, daka, and ig86, I won all 5 of my arena matches, plus 2/5 of refresh.

I have climbed from 154 up to 52 with 3 matches to go. I doubt I will finish below 50, since it's so early in the day, but I will get below 50, which is a start.

I have had some RNG luck in stunning teams with qgj so he doesn't remove hans taunt, but still.

So thanks all for the advice. We can now return to Raid discussions!
  • Options
    Daka is meh. I love her but she's crap on D.

Han is meh, I'd rather have RG and he's meta reliant but he's the best light side taunter.