How important are stars, gear and level now?

I havent been able to see how a low level/star/gear toon compares to one youve maxed out with the same mods??

Mods have percentage stats like +20% health or protection - what is that added onto? The base health from gear/stars/level?? Do the stats from other mods that give something like +5000 health get factored in before the 10% health increase? Mod sets give percentage increases too, what are they added to?

Generally it seems a bit complicated and no one has detailed any of the changes for us yet, GG

Replies

• benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    They're not important. Simple as that.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    Having trouble with the scoundrel event? Slap 12000 protection on dengar and go to town!

And that's just one mod
  • Options
    ok we can use 1* characters for some pve now, but no difference at all? assuming everyone has fully modded their teams, im sure there is a difference between 7*s and 1*s
  • SkyCake
    188 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Gear gives slight augments to mods since their set bonus and several stat increases uses a percentage. So, any increase in base stats increases how much the mod will benefit you. Stars are still needed as a ticket of entry to certain places of the game, such as Mod Challenges.

They're not as important as they used to be, and really only serve to increase mods' potential.
  • Options
    Got it. Would be good to see the numbers but i guess no one will figure it out for a little bit. I assume stars and level do the same as gear?
  • Options
    Stars and lvl are most important in my experience the gear and mods just gives them that extra something that you need at the end game
  • Options
    I wooped my why all the way to #1 took it away from a squad 5k higher. I must have been one of the first to mod up, I fell back to rank 8th now, from 24th to start the day.
  • Options
    Character, star, and gear levels ARE important. They are still VERY important. With this patch they changed what is considered a BASE STAT. All gear, character, and star levels increase BASE STATS. Mods DO NOT INCREASE BASE STATS. Also mods that increase by a % only increase by a % of the base stat.

It is hard to see how important character, star, and gear level are right now because mods make such a big difference. However, once the novelt of mods wears off and more people have them equipped we will see that the original progressions are still vital.
  • Options
    The fact that you guys are saying that stars aren't important shows how much you really know about the update & how you really have just come onto the forums to complain for no reason what so ever.

Stars & gear are more important than ever now, seeing as you work on percentages! If you haven't geared your toons, they'll have 30000 protection but will hit like a empty pillowcase.

Don't listen to these "people", they're just upset because they can't understand how much the game has changed & are crying because now more than ever, they've become obsolete. Play the way you want to play the game OP, ask for advice but never listen to incompetent trolls who think they know best when they don't!

Most importantly, have fun!
  • ZarLatho
    690 posts Member
    Options
    Stars and lvl are most important in my experience the gear and mods just gives them that extra something that you need at the end game

Lol "that extra something"
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Yes it matters since mods increase all stats combined (level, stars, gear and probably even ability lvl). Still doesn't make mods a good option for various reasons. Credit crunch being the first. Balancing issues will arise because it's still the same characters hitting even more ridiculous numbers now. That's the annoying thing with multiplicative stats. They increase already overpowered toons so basically nothing changes except another paywall, more creditsink and basically a reset button for everyone.

The last thing is what people are most angry about.

@darthnoobage yes they matter.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    Lol yea that's just how I feel about it i mean the gear will come slowly lol with challenges and raids and I'm not saying don't farm for it I would just focus more on my arena team getting shards and lvl up and then make a mad dash for gear while you have some pieces saved up