Pre-crafting 2.0 and You

Now that many have had time to mass farm mods before they the drop rate is mega nerfed and they change the upgrade method.

Let's discuss how this will effect the game.

They said the drop rate will drop to what shards drop in nodes at, so about 33%.

We have to assume based on previous events that all the mods farmed before updates will be kept. This gives a huge advantage to anyone who already heavily invested in mods and separates the rest of the player base by leaps and bounds.

How does the rest of the PAYING customer base catch up? We obviously can't outspend the top spenders, but we certainly support this game too. If 20% of the users of this game spent $11 on crystal subscription every month, they would make millions. It's not about the whales, It's the regular spenders who carry this game long term.

Replies

• Nejeda
    21 posts Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to get the update. It won't download for me so I have to wait for them to push it to everyone. So I'm completely screwed because I haven't been able to take advantage of the 100% drop rate of mods. This is about to become a game I literally won't be able to play anymore. Not because I don't want to but because I will be stuck so far behind that I'll never be able to catch up and compete.
  • leeroyjenkins
    136 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    this is soooooooooo much worse than precrafting. The effects of these mods dwarf the precrafting and they have allowed certain people to spam the mod challenges to get enough for their A, B, and C teams. Now they will make them drop at character shard rates so we will be looking at a minimum of 3 (probably more) times as long to get what these people got. In the meantime, we won't be able to compete in raids (with guildmates who got them), in arena, or GW. These are LITERALLY the only things you don't sim in this game any more. So even if we finally get the mods, we aren't going to have enough credits to upgrade them since we missed out on GW so much

Now we are looking at months before we can even do normal cantina battles for shards too...
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    So can you explain exactly what you think is going to happen? You only need 5 sets of t5 mods; every single person on the board should be able to get those from the health challenges and everyone should have had enough time to do that.
    yes, there may be some whales that can get the t5's out of speed, offense, tenacity, crit hit, and potency ; no one can get t5 from the critical damage as no one has more than 3 jawa's.

Either way, everyone should have 5 sets of health ones at minimum unless you've spent all your time here complaining and none of your time playing.

I am guessing once the numbers are nerfed, they'll nerf across the board; the upgrades seem the same to each piece where what each piece has is the random part (defense, offense percent, offense etc...) so I would think downgrading each number wouldn't be that hard and I would expect that to happen. I highly doubt we're going to get to keep our plus 59 speed or 94% protection but it seems like you're assuming we will?

FTR, I think this change was dumb; I think the QA / testers all thought it was dumb and I think the super bold devs with big personalities bullied them to accept it. I worked in IT a long time and this is all too common. The reality is the QA department SHOULD have the most power in the department but because departments don't start with a QA dept that's not usually the case. Instead they start out with a dude coding and grow from there and coding dude turns into department bully.
  • Options
    Well they never did anything about previous pre-crafts before. We saw that it took 15-20 minutes per account to remove raid rewards that were accepted multiple times. What leads you to believe they can remove all the speed mods now? And I believe that Resistance is for speed mods. So that means as long as everyone uses their best mods on their rey and Poe, then these mods should be easy to obtain. And the people with resourses to get the already had Poe from earlier meta and rey now.
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    Well they never did anything about previous pre-crafts before. We saw that it took 15-20 minutes per account to remove raid rewards that were accepted multiple times. What leads you to believe they can remove all the speed mods now? And I believe that Resistance is for speed mods. So that means as long as everyone uses their best mods on their rey and Poe, then these mods should be easy to obtain. And the people with resourses to get the already had Poe from earlier meta and rey now.

Because pulling apart gear is different than changing stats on gear.... we have already seen them change / add stats... that should be a DB update to a master table depending on their game design.
  • Options
    I would think so too, but my faith in that ability is somewhat lessened.

IF they can do a DB overwrite, then you are going to have a LOT of PO'd people that spend a lot of money to get those mods.

So where do they draw the line and how do they handle it?

My assumption is based of of previous events, and the fact that they don't want that kind of backlash from big spenders.
  • Amalthea
    691 posts Member
    Options
    I think they can't remove existing Mods. The only option is to reduce the power of the existing Mods (probably by rescaling them, although that'll make 1* Mods basically zero). IMO the best solution would be to flatten all 4* and 5* Mods into 3* Mods. There would still be an advantage but it'll be much smaller. They can introduce 4* and 5* Mods later, and forget about 6* and 7* Mods.
  • MarmotaMonax
    251 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I think it will not affect the inter-player competition much and comparing it to the raid gear precafting disaster is ridiculous.

That being said, I find it also ridiculous that with all the problems the mod update has, their first solution is to lower the drop rates. And it will hurt me very much in the long term since my plan was to turn back farming some cantina shards of the many characters I need.

Edit: Just one example: You are saying it gives so much advantage to people who spend high amounts of crystals before the drop rate nerf is incoming. I could spend 400 crystals now for another refresh, but will I do it? No. Since I think it is more valuable to me when I do the 100&200 refresh again tomorrow.
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    The stat inflation is intended, the problem is the new content that goes with it isn't out yet. I'm guessing the new raid next month is tuned to this. Everything else normalizes. You only need 5 modded toons for arena. Anyone could have that done already if they manually updated Tuesday. CG gave plenty of notice. As for GW, it was less than ideal to begin with, and is potentially going to be worse for months.
  • Options
    They said the drop rate will drop to what shards drop in nodes at, so about 33%.
    Wrong. They said it will be a HIGHER drop rate than nodes.
    Nejeda wrote: »
    This is about to become a game I literally won't be able to play anymore. Not because I don't want to but because I will be stuck so far behind that I'll never be able to catch up and compete.
    According to that logic, no new player should ever play this game...because they would be far behind, even regardless of mods.
    Well they never did anything about previous pre-crafts before. We saw that it took 15-20 minutes per account to remove raid rewards that were accepted multiple times. What leads you to believe they can remove all the speed mods now?
    You're comparing apples and oranges. They released a system and people played according to the way the system was intended. There was no bug or exploit. There is zero chance anyone gets mods removed because players didn't do anything wrong and didn't take advantage of anything that wasn't supposed to be there. They can't take away things that players fairly obtained with their resources and credits and crystals. The mods are going to be nerfed across the board...that's all that will happen.
  • Options
    Oh yeah, lets nor forget the part of the equation where the SPEED challenge opens after completing mod battles tier 4 instead of 8. Making it even easier to farm speed mods with your Rey and Poe.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    You will need more than 5 sets to get through GW
  • Options
    Wrong. They said it will be a HIGHER drop rate than nodes.
    Okay, then make it 34%, it's not like the devs are going to show us the exact percentage anyway.

• Options
    And btw, you need modded teams to defeat the challenge Teirs 2 and 3
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    And btw, you need modded teams to defeat the challenge Teirs 2 and 3
    Yep, my jedi were dropping fast. 2* and 1* in each.

• warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Options
    I have a feeling new mods will defiantly be harder to come by but they will be better than the ones already released.
  • Options
    I just did the math, while guys may be able to stockpile mods, the cost to upgrade a level 5 mod is around 300K. It would take 9 million to do your arena team alone. This is going to be a major credit crunch.

But either way, they guys that have the money to farm them at 100% drop rate, and then mod their chars, can then complete all the challenges and farm as many as they want of any type before this reset.
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    There is a cantina refresh limit, so not as many as you want, but many