Galactic war with mods

Prev1
___gumpy
12 posts Member
edited July 2016
Chose which option you think best describes the new update containing mods in the galactic war.

Galactic war with mods 161 votes

Galactic war is so easy I complete it every day with ease
14%
EikasCurryLilpupDanP91JediMindTricksKumagoro42xSkandarGraunxQuikSilver8721ZaramGoosygobears21leefSuper123Nicol_Bolasbanjo10716The6Bull6CalvinTheHermitjackTHErandomSpookkie2Lance_UppercutZooey 24 votes
Galactic war is sometimes hard
21%
VarlieAlsayondrdaveeRAYRAYRFTOle_Man_BourbonSamuraiSaralebVinniarthNe0nJVU420tiskalhulkenScorpionadAtlas1Grass_Toto1NienNunbRawneKarrdeEetsdaBoussRoguesaberB_One 34 votes
Galactic war is impossible now and I don't even do it
63%
Boro_Smooth1Hbk146jbarnett72mosdefinitelyfive2zeroZach2357RobbathehuttSterlingKKrixTroutFett18FatzkeMegadeth3700Daddyngo007Phlebotomy_JonesComoeelruido_17Bon_ElYadda_123AegisSaigePetrozzaSparrow 103 votes

Replies

• Options
    You know it's bad when a fully 5 tier modded team can barely get through it.

I see what they're doing. They want it super hard so we invest more on mods, gear, etc. But when your team is already maxed, what do you do? Just accept the fact that your team sucks compared to the node 11 superteams and not get any credits?

This game is going downhill so fast.
  • Options
    Yep you also know its bad when the node 6 team almost destroys your entire A team.
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    Get droids
  • Maskarii
    851 posts Member
    Options
    First 48 fights with Mods, Wins 45 Lost 3 / three times note 12

Tomorro
  • drdavee
    155 posts Member
    Options
    If you only have 5 heroes that are GW ready, you aren't suppose to get through GW. The fact that sometimes you do is a flaw in the system.

Also, if you are getting your team destroyed in node 6, you are not playing GW correctly or you have a bad balance of heroes in GW, consider farming different heroes.
  • Options
    Made it to node 11. Maybe they can give us the same rewards for getting to node 6 in the update? Of course they will probably bump up the sum by about 50 to 100k the way things are going. Not much from the update.
  • Options
    Add the mod imbalance to the precrafted, cookie cutter meta teams infecting the Arena and GW and they both become less relevant by the day. And since completing both are essential to game progress, the game becomes less and less relevant by the day. Dev priority is totally out of whack because turning this game into a unbalanced money sink has zero appeal.
  • Options
    drdavee wrote: »
    If you only have 5 heroes that are GW ready, you aren't suppose to get through GW. The fact that sometimes you do is a flaw in the system.

Also, if you are getting your team destroyed in node 6, you are not playing GW correctly or you have a bad balance of heroes in GW, consider farming different heroes.

May I ask what your arena power is?
  • Options
    Lol I make to node 12 on the last 2 days. I meet up with maxed gear full level 5 mod teams. They blew threw 25 80s all gl 8 9 or 10. My first 1 team has got mostly mod 4 but they already ate a lot from node 9 to 11. I was gw ready before this update. It's ridiculous that a node 12 team eats my entire roster away and there was still 2 left.
    Almost every person in my guild is going to leave the game ans ho play pokemongo. Even our biggest whale who can't finish the 12th node . This guy pulls major dps and can't finish the 12th node .

Great update.
  • Options
    Mods are a strat thing. You need to use them as you would tools. The mods are cheap to flip around. I faced some brutal nodes, but I altered my mod combos to suite it. I saw a Beefy Fac and Han Combo I boosted up my potency to stun stun stun. I saw Dooke Daka RG in one, I boosted my Tenacity.

Here is a mod Tip. Boost your Speed and HP/Protection with mods that offer offense boost if you can. Unless I'm seeing extreme modded teams, talking 70k rey with 150k RG's and such extreme, I'm fighting 5-3 every fight typically by the time they go. I buffed up 86 big with speed, so hp and offense, same with GS, I built up Dooku. I have a fast team that hits hard. I run Lumi and Tano for heal and solid hits on my grind. 86 and GS are both over 180 speed for me, 86 is 193. They are omega. They open with their assists, typically 2 down there, or 2 very bad. I use Dooku, who I made have over 300% potency, to stun, tano and Lumi to clean up and we are 5-3 or 5-4 with 1-2 others damaged before they go.

Use the system and the tools there. Make your 2 assist attackers super fast to lead then have a strong AOE character in there with speed to clean up. I did Ani lead with those 2. I kept Ani at 150's on speed I damaged a few, killed one Ani went in suped up and cleaned house with his AOE we were 52 with 1 in red.

The brutal G10/11 teams everyone was upset about are still there with Mods. Mods did not change this. Mods actually help you get through this.

Yes I'm a whale. Pre mods I was taking several teams to go through my gauntlet of painful half a dozen maxed outs in a row. Now with Mods my Grind team, modded to synergize well together and adress weak areas in them can clear it, mostly. I lost my lead last run, run before I lost 4/5 starters. Before mods that team was obliterated by node 6, if they made it.

The power ranking is broken right now. This is the REAL issue. some people who are not heavily modded are drawing those like me that are. THIS is the issue, not the mods. It is the fact they are not properly impacting power rating and the matchmaking.

I'm with you all on that. You should not with 1-2* modded characters as most of your team, with some higher star modde4d be facing a full 5* mo0dded team. It is completely unfair. Just as if your roster is mostly g8 a few G9 be facing multiple G10/11 teams. Those are the issues, not mods.

Give mods some time. I was holy *$#%^&%$^&& the impact of mods. I tested and tweaked and theory crafted and honestly they are amazing. Pick a character you love that is terrible right now, mod them up, bam viable. I love Ashoka. She just looks so cool to play. She was simply not viable. I made some adjustments, and she can stand on her own with the big boys and girls even if modded themselves. I love IG-86, ask my guild I kept tryin g to make him arena worthy. Max gear, Omega, he was always my weak link. I slapped on some Speed to him and he is a boss and I poped him in over Rex, who is great modded. Point is give them a chance. The matchmaking and power rating bugs are the issue here.
  • drdavee
    155 posts Member
    Options
    Patman6632 wrote: »

May I ask what your arena power is?

• Serya
    334 posts Member
    Options
    How can anyone comment on this when the full update is not out yet?
  • Serya
    334 posts Member
    Options
    You should not be doing GW yet anyways since there will be a credit increase once the update is out.
  • drdavee
    155 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Lol I make to node 12 on the last 2 days. I meet up with maxed gear full level 5 mod teams. They blew threw 25 80s all gl 8 9 or 10. My first 1 team has got mostly mod 4 but they already ate a lot from node 9 to 11. I was gw ready before this update. It's ridiculous that a node 12 team eats my entire roster away and there was still 2 left.
    Almost every person in my guild is going to leave the game ans ho play pokemongo. Even our biggest whale who can't finish the 12th node . This guy pulls major dps and can't finish the 12th node .

Great update.

How did that change from before the update. If you meet the wrong squad before or after the update, you may not be able to get past it anyway.

The thing I do like is that it takes me about 10 min to get past the first 6 nodes now because I have mods and those nodes do not. Then I take a little more time to get through node 9, 11 and 12.
  • Options
    I completed it the last 2 days. It was challenging, but certainly not impossible. Arena power around 29k
  • Options
    I've finished gws every day for months previous to the update. So it's the update
  • Options
    Yeah just wait to you get arena power around 36 k and tell me if you complete daily.
  • Options
    Mines around 36k and I won't be able to complete it anymore.....seeing 42k+ teams now with full Mk5 mods in Nodes 11/12
  • Options
    To be honest the poll does not include an item to describe me.
    Galactic is hard and frustrating, but I keep trying.

I have been at an impass for quite awhile. I am NOT ALLOWED to level my characters. They are level 72. My collection is not deep enough due to matchmaking issues. At least I identified the problem and reacted. I am also afraid to mod my best characters thinking I might power up into more trouble again.
    I would love to level up and clear the light / dark side battles and the cantina battles but then I won't be able to finish GW. Completing GW is that important to advancing the characters you have. Unlike the devs I believe GW is a grind to advance, Arena is the area that should be hard. GW as a challenge is good, only as long as it does not become impossible. If I fail and feel it was an attainable goal I am ok with the result. When I fail because I faced a team I could not beat with ALL of my units at full strength I see it as a flaw in the game.
    For the next few days I anticipate GW failure.It is my hope that mods move the impossible to beat teams out of my GW. One of these days I will be allowed to see the rest of the games content, it just won't be soon.
  • Monxie
    559 posts Member
    Options
    I only have one "heroic" team with mods and high gear. Managed to complete GW despite only having health mods. It's about strategy...
  • Options
    Monxie wrote: »
    I only have one "heroic" team with mods and high gear. Managed to complete GW despite only having health mods. It's about strategy...

There's no "strategy" when Rey is hiding behind 100k HP RG and one shotting every member your squad on every turn.
  • Options
    The GW is becoming a joke. On node 11, I had to face a Rey (and a RG of course) doing between 20-38k damage that had as many lifebar as my 5! When we reach the last nodes our protection is long gone, how are we suppose to compete against such a character that can one shot everybody in your team?
  • Options
    Yeah just wait to you get arena power around 36 k and tell me if you complete daily.

It depends on your roster. I'm sitting at just over 40k and have run into 1 team I couldn't get by bc I played it wrong.
  • GCor71
    49 posts Member
    Options
    Yep you also know its bad when the node 6 team almost destroys your entire A team.

+1
  • Monxie
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Monxie wrote: »

There's no "strategy" when Rey is hiding behind 100k HP RG and one shotting every member your squad on every turn.
    Please notice my post was written before the last update. Lol.
  • Options
    You know it's bad when a fully 5 tier modded team can barely get through it.

I see what they're doing. They want it super hard so we invest more on mods, gear, etc. But when your team is already maxed, what do you do? Just accept the fact that your team sucks compared to the node 11 superteams and not get any credits?

This game is going downhill so fast.

I completely agree. I have two accounts and am shutting them both down today.
    Mods have just destroyed this once hreat game.. the GW problem was bad enough, not to mention a full level 80 team can't even complete the Level 8 Dark Side Normal!!!
    they just want more $$
    are you trying to beat Pokemons #s???
    you never will. how about sticking to your players and their requests.
    this game has done slid down the Hill Sideways and Crashed!!!!!!
  • Options
    You've completely ruined Galactic War. Why? Something that is impossible is not a "challenge". Please fix it.
  • Options
    I play everyday on two accounts. My main account I spend a little bit and my other is totally free to
    play. I used to not complete Galatic wars everyday earlier this year. My problems was I used horrible characters. Once I got Baris and QGJ it was all down hill from there. I Haven't lost a single GW since. So I made a second account to farm toons I didn't farm before and noticed a considerably huge difference with how smooth I ran through GWs, etc.
    With that being said, I thought for sure after the mod update I would end up reliving those aggravating days of not knowing if I will beat GWs today or not. I haven't spent hundreds of dollars on mods. I actually haven't spent anything recently. I saved up some Catina energy and credits knowing mods were coming this week so I would have a chance to farm some so I wouldn't fall behind in arena or GWs.

For me GWs and arena has run smoothly. I've seen high damage numbers and high health but it didn't surprise me at all because I've seen this exact thing in so many other games I've played as well. I haven't been beating so badly or owned by another squad so bad to the point where I said to myself this is outrageous, what in the world were the devs thinking?

Honestly, I'm really digging the update. I love the fact that I can sim through daily challenges. I like how you can now multi-sim battles. And the mod thing adds a sort of freshness to characters. I even started using some on toons I don't play much.

I know my opinion and experience for this update is vastly different than what the majority of other players are experiencing but on both of my accounts, the one I spend money on and the other that is totally free to play, this update hasn't been a negative update to me whatsoever. I sit on 39k squad power, rank anywhere in the top 10 daily, finish Galatic wars everyday in about an hour tops and best of all I'm actually still having fun since I started playing last year on December 18th.

I'm not really sure if the devs read forum posts or whatever but if they do I just wanna say I like this update a lot and can't wait to see what comes next.
  • Options

Your a ****
  • Options
    This is a mobile App, not a console game, I have an Xbox to play long winded games. The addition of mods and unbalanced play in GW is purely EA greed.

I do wonder if the EA team have maxed out toons or regular toons like us for personal accounts and realise how ridicules it was, and more so now.

I won't be playing anymore if things don't improve by next week. This game is no longer enjoyable.