Rank drop

Want to check if is there a limit as to how much ranks one can drop per day in Arena? I fought my way up till 96 and now my ranking is 175. haha, guess I am too easy a target and need to up my defense.

Replies

• Options
    i feel you fam, this happens to me daily.

i work hard to get into the top 500 by the time the awards are delivered and nek minnut (or next morning) im down to the low 1000s... worst was when i dropped from 345 to 1683 overnight!

my power level is 18k and all the whales in my server (at least the ones around the 500 mark have 20k+.

• Options
    Top_Quark wrote: »
    The thing is ranks doesn't drop one by one, it's swapped by the person who beats you. Aiming for good defense teams is key. If you believe you can survive in top 50, put in a single refill everyday until you can solidify your position. -this is coming from an f2p who can do top 3 everyday. Keep plowing.

keep plowing don't give up. you can fall 10 or 100 ranks. it's easy to climb up though. but this is a great pvp system
  • Options
    forcedino wrote: »
    Want to check if is there a limit as to how much ranks one can drop per day in Arena? I fought my way up till 96 and now my ranking is 175. haha, guess I am too easy a target and need to up my defense.

are you the same dino who wrote the Mace Windu post. that is great.
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I learn to avoid the "highways". I call the big jumps in rank highways, like spot 13, 12, 11 as an example. There are tons more that allow the challenging player to jump 8 or more ranks. So typically after reward time, I usually have a few challenges remaining, so I check back to "hide" in spot 7, 8, 9. Most players aren't interested in single rank jumps, they want the most bang for the buck hence allowing you to "hide" If I stay in say spot 2,3,4, I'll wake up to 21 or more. What happened was person 11 took me out at 2, than person 21 took me out at 11 and so on. I know you are much higher rank but it still applies up there, avoid the big jump highways in ranking. This is how I am able to achieve rank 1~5 daily with less than 3 challenges.
  • Options
    Anraeth wrote: »
    I learn to avoid the "highways". I call the big jumps in rank highways, like spot 13, 12, 11 as an example. There are tons more that allow the challenging player to jump 8 or more ranks. So typically after reward time, I usually have a few challenges remaining, so I check back to "hide" in spot 7, 8, 9. Most players aren't interested in single rank jumps, they want the most bang for the buck hence allowing you to "hide" If I stay in say spot 2,3,4, I'll wake up to 21 or more. What happened was person 11 took me out at 2, than person 21 took me out at 11 and so on. I know you are much higher rank but it still applies up there, avoid the big jump highways in ranking. This is how I am able to achieve rank 1~5 daily with less than 3 challenges.

+1
  • Options
    forcedino wrote: »

Is that all?

I was 80 last night, log on just now and I'm 196 )

This week for some reason has been especially brutal.

• Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    I dropped to 3 from 2 on my main and dropped to 5 from 3 on my alt. Not a serious drop, and I don't care much about ranks until prize time. That's when I try to gain rank to get better rewards!