Now THIS is the Mod Update I'd originally wanted. Thank you.

Prev134567
Naecabon
1243 posts Member
Mods being % based means my previous efforts aren't invalidated.

Mods being nerfed heavily means now they're bonuses but not the all seeing all knowing obscene system they were.

Now I can actually take the game seriously again.

Thank you for listening.

PS. This still doesn't excuse the horrendous change to the Mod Challenge droprates, but otherwise thumbs up.

Replies

• bluenqm
    172 posts Member
    Options
    +1
    They are doing it right!
  • eldredpe
    142 posts Member
    Options
    Yes.

I'm sure the hate train will continue, but I'm actually quite pleased with their fixes.
  • Minowara
    536 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    +1. Good changes
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on
  • Options
    Yes, I am satisfied with this.

It would have been nice if they made it free to remove mods, because I will need to re-shuffle a lot of things around.
  • Naugrin
    686 posts Member
    Options
    Now if they reverse the potency changes....yeah, not holding my breath.
  • Options
    Thank you for this. Absolutely can get behind mods now.
  • KoolKent
    154 posts Member
    Options
    What about the hundreds of dollars I invested in credits to upgrade something that's not the same anymore! It's a joke, SchitKents should have made their minds up before they let me waste my money
  • Chiquard
    108 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Thank you
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on
    Team MèreDooku [Fr]
    Recruiting now ! Send me an ally request : 557 787 579
  • Options
    Naecabon wrote: »
    Mods being % based means my previous efforts aren't invalidated.

Mods being nerfed heavily means now they're bonuses but not the all seeing all knowing obscene system they were.

Now I can actually take the game seriously again.

Thank you for listening.

PS. This still doesn't excuse the horrendous change to the Mod Challenge droprates, but otherwise thumbs up.

Yes. This is a step in the right direction.
  • Trethan
    170 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @Naecabon

Can the players just take all of their feedback and give it to TI for them to post about? Seems to get things done. ;)
  • Options
    Naugrin wrote: »
    Now if they reverse the potency changes....yeah, not holding my breath.

Actually

"Game DesignerCapitalMethod 20 points 4 hours ago
    Rancor Tenacity was not correctly adjusted to account for the Potency changes--this should be corrected very soon. Sorry, folks."
  • V1p3rdyn4sty
    2674 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    They are doing a good job. Thank you development team.

Note** after 12 hours of the update. You went too far in adjusting the mods. Now they are weak and useless. I know you're trying, but they needed small tweaks. Not burning them to the ground.
    Post edited by V1p3rdyn4sty on
  • Options
    Go Thank yourself Nae.
  • Options
    This hasn't made any difference to me yet. I have literally gotten one decent mod since they went live. I have Health mods with offensive stats, potency stats and defensive stats. I have zero idea what to make of this.
  • Options
    Still does not address the massive credit crunch that has been made WAY worse by mods costing so much to level...

Or the GW issue with it being near impossible to finish. Finishing a GW, the way it is now, should reward 1mil + credits.
  • Options
    BillyBeans wrote: »
    Still does not address the massive credit crunch that has been made WAY worse by mods costing so much to level...

Or the GW issue with it being near impossible to finish. Finishing a GW, the way it is now, should reward 1mil + credits.

One thing at a time now... haha
  • Options
    I didn't like this. I get the need to nerf the health and damage mods, but did you really need to nerf potency and crit chance? Those are useless now...
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    Yes. It's fine. So why we are so crazy in this 2 days? Some of my guild mates throw 20M credits and now they found it's wasted. Rollback and start the update again plz.
  • Options
    I don't think potency and tenacity were changed in their effects. I think we're just being given a more intuitive system of reflecting what they are. Now when it says a percentage, that's more accurately a percentage of how often it will take effect. No more saying Teebo has 100% when he doesn't really.

The reason nothing was hitting in the raids is not from that. It's from the fact that they didn't change anything in the raids when they changed it for everyone else, so basically the rancor and captain had the old system, and the two weren't working right together. That bug got fixed. Tenacity and potency should work similarly to how they always have with this bug fix. It will just reflect a more accurate number.
  • Nicol_Bolas
    375 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I didn't like this. I get the need to nerf the health and damage mods, but did you really need to nerf potency and crit chance? Those are useless now...

My Rey at 5500 attack was having 100% crit chance and 220 speed....
  • Options
    +1. nice one. And here I was already thinking there couldn't be hope anymore
  • Options
    No pleasing some people is there.... Forum meldown mk 500 in t - 5, 4, 3, 2, ............
  • Options

not really, They said that the rancor were with a bug and will also be normalized.
  • Options

My Rey at 5500 power was having 100% crit chance and 220 speed....

What I meant by that was the set bonus, I gave my cs a bunch of crit chance mods and now it was all useless
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    The drop rate change was meant to stop people from getting to op, same reason why a lot of these other changes are being made. When you complain about stuff, they change things to make those things less of a problem. Don't then complain about the change. Do you want people being too OP again? The nerfed drop rate serves the same balancing purpose as everything in this update. It was just implemented first because they could do it server-side. These changes took an app update (or, rather, three app updates).
  • Kurgen
    226 posts Member
    Options
    Which clown is running this debacle.

I spend 1400 crystals on a scanner and it gets nerfed an hour later. This morning I spend 540 crystals on a potency mod and it gets nerfed. What a ducking joke!

I'll have half of the 30k crystals and 6 mil credits I spent in the last week back thanks!!
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options
    I think the system could still use some feedback.

It's not perfect, just really really improved.

For example - I think the set bonuses were fine. Those didn't need to be nerfed. They take a lot of set up to get and I think they were fine the way they were.
  • Keyper
    245 posts Member
    Options
    I kind or thought the flat mods were the only ones that offered any real customization to a character. Percent mods basically just enhance what is already good about the character.
  • Brownie
    298 posts Member
    Options
    Right idea in theory but they screwed up the implementation and changed all the primary and secondary stats on the mods...

Another oversight...

How much is it gonna cost to remove and re-equip them correctly?!
  • Options
    Naecabon wrote: »
    I think the system could still use some feedback.

It's not perfect, just really really improved.

For example - I think the set bonuses were fine. Those didn't need to be nerfed. They take a lot of set up to get and I think they were fine the way they were.

Yep
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me