Now THIS is the Mod Update I'd originally wanted. Thank you.

Replies

• Options
    People who pay five figures don't care about scams. They only care about keeping things mostly the same.

Really? I paid 5 figures and I care. Speak only of what you know.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options
    Naecabon wrote: »
    Mods being % based means my previous efforts aren't invalidated.

Mods being nerfed heavily means now they're bonuses but not the all seeing all knowing obscene system they were.

Now I can actually take the game seriously again.

Thank you for listening.

PS. This still doesn't excuse the horrendous change to the Mod Challenge droprates, but otherwise thumbs up.

Of course the people who rule the status quo will be happy with a nerf that can only reinforce the status quo.

The mods as initially implemented was a solid system, given their expressed intention to promote diversity and shake things up. The failure came in allowing them to be obtained and leveled so quickly and easily.

I give CG credit for being willing to allow its game to evolve, if nothing else. Too bad it's held hostage by 1) impatient alarmists who lack the vision to see a system's potential, and 2) people like the OP who see the potential impact but cannot countenance a threat to their dominance.

It was not a solid system. It was a poor system that ruined and invalidated months of work and thousands of dollars of progression. It was not a good design. The new design is better.

Me: The sky is blue.
    You: No, it isn't.

Furthermore you ignored the subordinate clause "given their expressed intention to promote diversity and shake things up." But you pretty much had to, because within that context the system was a wild success.

It's where CG wanted to take the game. But the myopic whiners and entitled, fearful elites made them cave. There's not a lot to be proud of here, on all sides.

The game is actually worth playing again, so I think there's plenty to be proud of.

The game will still shake up. These mods offer plenty of diversity.

They released crazy mods, took our money to get the sickest of them, nerfed them. This is a scam man. Plain and simple.

Yeah it's clearly a scam. You nailed it.

95% of people that spent money and credits on Mods would have done so anyway. These are obviously a power creep on our toons. So many of you complaining over this are just doing it for a hand out. Almost all of you would have done the same thing you did when these hit. These were new and flashy and important and we all bought them when they hit. None of that would have changed if they had debuted at these values.
  • Options
    You're an outlier. Most of them just want to turtle safe in their bubble.
  • Geddre
    224 posts Member
    Options

Mods being nerfed heavily means now they're bonuses but not the all seeing all knowing obscene system they were.

Thank you for listening.

PS. This still doesn't excuse the horrendous change to the Mod Challenge droprates, but otherwise thumbs up.

Of course the people who rule the status quo will be happy with a nerf that can only reinforce the status quo.

The mods as initially implemented was a solid system, given their expressed intention to promote diversity and shake things up. The failure came in allowing them to be obtained and leveled so quickly and easily.

I give CG credit for being willing to allow its game to evolve, if nothing else. Too bad it's held hostage by 1) impatient alarmists who lack the vision to see a system's potential, and 2) people like the OP who see the potential impact but cannot countenance a threat to their dominance.

It was not a solid system. It was a poor system that ruined and invalidated months of work and thousands of dollars of progression. It was not a good design. The new design is better.

Furthermore you ignored the subordinate clause "given their expressed intention to promote diversity and shake things up." But you pretty much had to, because within that context the system was a wild success.

It's where CG wanted to take the game. But the myopic whiners and entitled, fearful elites made them cave. There's not a lot to be proud of here, on all sides.

The game is actually worth playing again, so I think there's plenty to be proud of.

I'm with Nae for the most part, but not on the diversity point, sorry. These stats as they exist today do *nothing* to promote character diversity, especially due to the elimination of hard number stats for only percentage based. X-hundred points of offence is awesome for Rey, but utterly game changing for CUP. If every character can only ever get a percentage increase of what they already had, nothing changes.

And really, apart from speed set bonuses, and some whale-only mega-farming of certain secondary stats (like speed), nothing here has any significant improvement for our characters. It's status quo at the cost of a bunch more credits.

More work to be done.
  • Options

Thank you for listening.

They released crazy mods, took our money to get the sickest of them, nerfed them. This is a scam man. Plain and simple.

95% of people that spent money and credits on Mods would have done so anyway. These are obviously a power creep on our toons. So many of you complaining over this are just doing it for a hand out. Almost all of you would have done the same thing you did when these hit. These were new and flashy and important and we all bought them when they hit. None of that would have changed if they had debuted at these values.

Question for you mate, now that they have new stats do you think the cost to lvl them should go back to what it was?
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options
    Geddre wrote: »

Thank you for listening.

I'm with Nae for the most part, but not on the diversity point, sorry. These stats as they exist today do *nothing* to promote character diversity, especially due to the elimination of hard number stats for only percentage based. X-hundred points of offence is awesome for Rey, but utterly game changing for CUP. If every character can only ever get a percentage increase of what they already had, nothing changes.

And really, apart from speed set bonuses, and some whale-only mega-farming of certain secondary stats (like speed), nothing here has any significant improvement for our characters. It's status quo at the cost of a bunch more credits.

More work to be done.

I think your opinion will change when you see how powerful the 7* Mods are in this new system.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options
    Womp_Womp wrote: »

Thank you for listening.

Question for you mate, now that they have new stats do you think the cost to lvl them should go back to what it was?

I have no real concrete opinion on the costs yet. Initial impression is it's probably too high.
  • eldredpe
    142 posts Member
    Options
    Womp_Womp wrote: »

Thank you for listening.

I would say yes. The increased cost made sense before due to how insane the mods were. I think it would make sense now to go back to the ~187k number for maxing 5* mods.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options

Thank you for listening.

More work to be done.

I think your opinion will change when you see how powerful the 7* Mods are in this new system.

What, 10% offense boost? At best? And that's also if the game lasts more than next week with all the refunds going on.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • eldredpe
    142 posts Member
    Options
    benacrow wrote: »

Thank you for listening.

More work to be done.

What, 10% offense boost? At best? And that's also if the game lasts more than next week with all the refunds going on.

More than most gear pieces gave you, and easier to get.
  • Options

Thank you for listening.

More work to be done.

Ah, I see now. It wasn't mods being powerful that was the problem. It's mods that everyone could get being powerful that's the problem.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options

Thank you for listening.

More work to be done.

The Secondary Stats are probably more important than the Primaries at 7*. And straight offense, sure maybe that's low. But let's keep in mind Crit DMG right now is still at like 36% on a 5*. That's pretty good. That's going to get much higher at 7*
  • papnwors
    749 posts Member
    Options
    100% agree, the game is back.
    I have no doubt drop rates and cost will be made better on the next update.
    Won't be spending anything on acquiring or leveling mods this weekend.

I believe it wouldn't make any sense to keep the costs and drop rate the same.
    I have faith it won't stay the same or mods won't be a factor in the game at all.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options

Thank you for listening.

More work to be done.

Ah, I see now. It wasn't mods being powerful that was the problem. It's mods that everyone could get being powerful that's the problem.

What? Why would everyone not be able to get 7* mods in the future? Is there some unbeatably hard raid in the game I'm unaware of? History so far has shown the game is very farmable for everyone.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options

Thank you for listening.

More work to be done.

The Secondary Stats are probably more important than the Primaries at 7*. And straight offense, sure maybe that's low. But let's keep in mind Crit DMG right now is still at like 36% on a 5*. That's pretty good. That's going to get much higher at 7*

Maybe so, but even still, at this rate, I don't have much hope of them being able to release these better mods before the game goes under.

I would love to see them and new content to use them in, but in all likely hood we won't get them soon because we all saw how long it took to rework one single toon for the better (JKA).
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options

Thank you for listening.

More work to be done.

Maybe so, but even still, at this rate, I don't have much hope of them being able to release these better mods before the game goes under.

I would love to see them and new content to use them in, but in all likely hood we won't get them soon because we all saw how long it took to rework one single toon for the better (JKA).

I love that everyone thinks a mega juggernaut game is going to just roll over overnight. They're probably making a killing right now - I wouldn't be surprised if this month was super profitable for them.

The point is, we're at a point now where we can give feedback and improve what exists without having what exists destroy the foundation of the game with no mercy. Now, we can maybe say hey boost the Offense Up mods by a bit. Fix the Set Bonuses back to what they were. Tinker these secondaries for balance, etc etc - it's easier to start low and go up than it is to be super high and try to work backwards.

They did the smart thing. They realized they started WAY too high up and dialed it back to the bottom. Now we get to find a compromise a little higher up, but we can take our time doing it.
  • Geddre
    224 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Thank you for listening.

More work to be done.

Possibly, but see my earlier post on page 4... the game needs to think in terms longer than 6 months. They put all this time and effort into the mechanic of mods, and you're saying it can't really shake things up until they take it to its highest point? I say rejigger things to make 4dot mods about what 5 dot mods are at this moment. Make 5dot mods 50 to 100% better. But remove 5 dot mods from the "open to all" challenge. Make that challenge award 3 and 4 dot only. And put in one more mod challenge (limited to Rebel characters - the second most developed synergy after jedi) to earn 5 dot health mods.

I'd sure like to see them get more milage out of this new mechanism. It'd be a shame if it reached its potential straight away.

Edit: shoot, I forgot they used rebels for tenacity. I guess there are no other synergies with 5 characters are there?
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Thank you for listening.

More work to be done.

I love that everyone thinks a mega juggernaut game is going to just roll over overnight. They're probably making a killing right now - I wouldn't be surprised if this month was super profitable for them.

The point is, we're at a point now where we can give feedback and improve what exists without having what exists destroy the foundation of the game with no mercy. Now, we can maybe say hey boost the Offense Up mods by a bit. Fix the Set Bonuses back to what they were. Tinker these secondaries for balance, etc etc - it's easier to start low and go up than it is to be super high and try to work backwards.

They did the smart thing. They realized they started WAY too high up and dialed it back to the bottom. Now we get to find a compromise a little higher up, but we can take our time doing it.

What's sad though is that with all their testing, they still released mods that made such a huge difference to gameplay. It's that kind of decision that makes me believe that these devs are not the ones I should have faith in moving forward with the game.

Edit: Also, unless there is a significant reduction in customer payments, I don't see them listening to our feedback again soon. They're getting paid, so they no longer care about our issues. I wish I was wrong, but we've been shown time and time again that they don't listen to our opinions.
  • ElleAndomar
    117 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Thank you for listening.

More work to be done.

What? Why would everyone not be able to get 7* mods in the future? Is there some unbeatably hard raid in the game I'm unaware of? History so far has shown the game is very farmable for everyone.

So you believe 7* mods won't be pay walled or otherwise gated? Guess we'll see! Their first move was to ninja them behind the T7 raid, which very few (comparatively speaking) can even access.

You're being disingenuous now.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Thank you for listening.

More work to be done.

Possibly, but see my earlier post on page 4... the game needs to think in terms longer than 6 months. They put all this time and effort into the mechanic of mods, and you're saying it can't really shake things up until they take it to its highest point? I say rejigger things to make 4dot mods about what 5 dot mods are at this moment. Make 5dot mods 50 to 100% better. But remove 5 dot mods from the "open to all" challenge. Make that challenge award 3 and 4 dot only. And put in one more mod challenge (limited to Rebel characters - the second most developed synergy after jedi) to earn 5 dot health mods.

I'd sure like to see them get more milage out of this new mechanism. It'd be a shame if it reach it's potential straight away.

I don't understand why everyone thinks the previous system offered some kind of in depth blueprint to variance. The previous system was a laughable nightmare. There was zero reason to think at all - the values on the mods were so desperate that you could jam any of them in to your normal teams and just go to work. It didn't mean squat, it wasn't fun at all and it wasn't some system that allowed for all these magical possibilities. It just meant your Reys were colossal and your tanks now had 100k eHP, yeah real fun.

There IS variance to be found here. Anyone that thinks there isn't can keep thinking that. Meanwhile our groups will continue experimenting and tinkering. We'll see you when GVG hits.
    Post edited by GummyBearKing268 on
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    Options

Thank you for listening.

More work to be done.

So you believe 7* mods won't be pay walled or otherwise gated? Guess we'll see! Their first move was to ninja them behind the T7 raid, which very few (comparatively speaking) can even access.

The T7 rancor is a giant loot pinata and nothing more. It's a joke now with mods out.
  • Paxus
    60 posts Member
    Options
    Agree about variance. It just won't be turning a support into a super attacker. It will be tweaking some of the lesser used stats and using some of the harder to get mod sets.
  • Options

Thank you for listening.

I would not have spent what I did pal. I think you know me well enough to know that.
  • DarthMasterShawn
    3064 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    OP is so cute his guild has a tantrum to get what he cried about now he is here downing any who disagree,lol.

Oh wait for the TI mod to delete and warn me for going at one of theirs,lol.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @DarthMasterShawn

Hahaha couldn't have said it better lol.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    @DarthMasterShawn

Pot meet kettle? Aren't you quitting? Or is this another one of the twenty times you claim you are and then still hang around in the forums complaining about literally every little thing?

Pretty sure I'm actively engaging in convo on Mods, I don't see me drowning anyone out here. I understand normal, non-crying posts are difficult for you to comprehend having onions for contact lenses, but some of us know how to have normal people discussions.
  • Options

Thank you for listening.

More work to be done.

The T7 rancor is a giant loot pinata and nothing more. It's a joke now with mods out.

That may be, for those who can access it, which again is a comparatively tiny number of players. I can't tell if your comprehension is poor or you're being willfully obtuse, but I suspect it's the latter. Either way my point stands.

My guess is 7* mods will appear behind the hardest tier of the next raid, something similar.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Thank you for listening.

I would not have spent what I did pal. I think you know me well enough to know that.

You're a FIVE DIGIT SPENDER so of course you would have. We all know you're a FIVE DIGIT SPENDER because you like to remind everyone you're a FIVE DIGIT SPENDER at least once in every single post.

PS. THIS GUY'S A FIVE DIGIT SPENDER GUYS WATCH OUT
    People who pay five figures don't care about scams. They only care about keeping things mostly the same.

Really? I paid 5 figures and I care. Speak only of what you know.

Already did it once in this post even lol
  • Divona
    117 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Well after i looked around the stats its clear now that mods are now next to useless. They provide so little that their cost to level and doing cantina challenge is no longer worth the money or effort. The benefit is so little and can even see in arena. Squishy chars will die very fast now. Well i guess time to go back to farming gear again...
  • Geddre
    224 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Thank you for listening.

More work to be done.

I'd sure like to see them get more milage out of this new mechanism. It'd be a shame if it reach it's potential straight away.

I don't understand why everyone thinks the previous system offered some kind of in depth blueprint to variance. The previous system was a laughable nightmare. There was zero reason to think at all - the values on the mods were so desperate that you could jam any of them in to your normal teams and just go to work. It didn't mean squat, it wasn't fun at all and it wasn't some system that allowed for all these magical possibilities. It just meant your Reys were colossal and your tanks now had 100k eHP, yeah real fun.

There IS variance to be found here. Anyone that thinks there isn't can keep thinking that. Meanwhile our groups will continue experimenting and tinkering. We'll see you when GVG hits.

Huh? Your original counter to my opinion on a lack of variance was that I should see how powerful 7dot mods will be... EG: diversity will improve when mods get more powerful. I say possibly, then simply go on to state a different issue I see which is a rush to reach max on this mechanic. Then you quote it and go on to essentially counter your own previous argument??

Which is it, significantly more powerful mods will help us diversify squads or not?

You guys tinker away. I'm quite certain that somewhere buried in these largely unimpressive increases is something you can farm by maxing speed secondary on all 6 plus the set bonus to create some kind of first-strike mega team, which will upset everyone, have them calling for nerfs and rebalances, and still lead to only a handful of indispensable characters.

The one good thing about the insanity of the original mods is that they did afford me the possibility of using my favorite characters to build a viable competitive team. I was all ready to have my piGGy tank all-star. Not now. With these mods as they are, no one is coming off the bench, and likely the same dozen characters everyone uses will still be used constantly.