Any glass half full people?

Prev1
BMoney
264 posts Member
Can anyone do anything besides complain on the forums?

Seriously it's been an EA bash the last 4 days! Bashed for the mod update and people saying the mods are too overpowered and they have to go!

Now it's nothing but being mad because EA listened to those requests and nerfed them!

What do you want EA to do? Go back to the OP mods? You would just have people complain again about them being over powered. They can't win.

And as far as you people talking about suing or whatever, good luck. They didn't make you spend a dime they told you about the mods. You knew it was coming you spent the money. Nobody forced you to click refresh.

You think because you are unhappy you are going to get paid because EA made adjustments at the consumers request? Good luck my friend.

Replies

• BMoney
    264 posts Member
    Options
    So if they went back the way they were 2 days ago you would be happy?

And not once complain about Rey hitting for 40K and one shoting your entire team?

Or RG having 250k health?
  • Options
    If they went back 2 days ago with all my credit I'll be happy
  • Obeewon
    13 posts Member
    Options
    It works now
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    There are plenty of glass half full people. They just avoid the forum at all costs because it's a toxic pit of entitled whiney jerks.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Glass half full people aren't on the forums, they are actually playing the game. Lol!
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Well, to be fair, sometimes we have to come here to read the Developer Updates and patch notes :P
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    The biggest problem is the bait and switch they pulled...
    Did i like what the game turned into? Yes
    Am i ok with the nerf in general? Yes
    Am i annoyed with all the crystals and credits i used to get an edge just to get the edge ripped away? Yes, not cause of the edge but the investment
  • Options
    Yeah I'm fairly happy TBH. I am annoyed at the **** and cost of developing mods but that's just a patience thing ( of which I lack).

I don't love needing a deep Jawa team but crit damage isn't amazing so I can wait. The resistance one hurts as Poe was out of favor and RP was nerfed when I was coming to 70 and I never worked them. But OH NOOS I have to be patient.. The HORROR.

The Teebo nerf HAD to happen. Soloing a full raid segment without issue wasn't gonna last.
    When you break a segment of a raid, devs fix its. Gaming 101.

I really would like to see some compensation though, I was all excited and planning out mods and advancement and moving stuff around accordingly and probably spent 5m in upgrades that aren't as potent now and Id reallocate those resources but I'll live and keep playing.
  • Options
    I'm half full...well maybe more like 2/5ths full lol
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    As you saw from my post which u replied to Bmoney... think im actually full not half full

I DO appreciate there is still an issue about what people spent money and what they got but thats a seperate issue... this update saved the game
  • Options
    I'm half full...well maybe more like 2/5ths full lol

I'm just happy I'm not having my face punched in by speed OOK / StH anymore.
  • Options
    Yeah... I'm only very angry. Not very very very angry. I took a big hit in crystals and credits. $450
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    The biggest problem is the bait and switch they pulled...
    Did i like what the game turned into? Yes
    Am i ok with the nerf in general? Yes
    Am i annoyed with all the crystals and credits i used to get an edge just to get the edge ripped away? Yes, not cause of the edge but the investment

This. And yes, I have posted things I liked about the update - multi sim, new characters, etc. If mods would have been implemented slowly and less powerful (like they are now) I'd be fine. But they weren't. They werw rushed and far to untested.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    BMoney wrote: »

And not once complain about Rey hitting for 40K and one shoting your entire team?

I never complained about old mods. Don't think new mods are bad. But I invested in old mod system because they were necessary to stay competitive. If we stay with the old system fine but if the new system is the way it is all I want is my coin back to invest how I would seeing the current system.

I avoided gear and promoting to 7* because the old system muted those effects. New system plays into those systems. My original investment isn't what I would have done in this system. They also changed primary stats on some of them so again, not what I did but they are locked in now.

The systems are too different to just keep all our coin where it is. And the current system doesn't deserve the amount of coin needed to upgrade. It's just upsetting and needs some sort of balance to take players strategy into effect
  • Options
    I'm more or less "glass half full," I suppose.

I welcomed the "nerf," as I think it was necessary. I hope they continue to make adjustments over the next few days. I'm sympathetic, to a degree, about the push among many people for refunds, within limits, and I hope that EA/CG implements some sort of smart, scaling approach to giving people something for it. That can't be something like Chewie shards, and I know everyone's already beat that issue to death; I hope they've recognized that a half-realized compensation attempt of that nature inevitably comes across as a slap in the face. As for needing to refund something, people still ended up with something different than they paid for, after all. Another thing, though, is that I'm assuming many of the so-called "whales" and the like are reasonably active on the forums. I know this part won't be a popular opinion here, but is there *no* self-responsibility at hand here? Immediately upon implementation of the mods, there was enormous backlash. You had to suspect EA/CG couldn't let the system stand as it existed. Let me reiterate again -- I think EA owes these people some form of compensation. However, it's not unfair to point out to people that spending an enormous sum of money is and was ultimately their own decision. You're still spending either money and/or substantial in-game resources on an ever-changing game.

All of this is a thankless task for the developers, no doubt. It's impossible to please everyone, and it's not even a reasonable objective to have. The focus needs to be on the overall good for the largest possible segment of the player base, and I think weakening mods helps that.

What I think that @EA_Jesse and others can do, though, is to ramp up the communication. As has been stated by EA and CG, there's only so much that can be said before things are finalized. And that's fair. What is, I think, also fair and would go a long way to building trust for the community is more information about how they're testing and reviewing ideas before implementation. I don't think that saying people in testing got used to "sticker shock" and then thought it was fine really suffices. I don't think it's an unfair "ask" to know how they handled those internal development dynamics more fully. I want to know what the "vision" for these things is. Other questions like, "did anyone raise the issue that the incredible power of mods, as initially implemented, would completely and entirely overshadow all other progression to date?" or "If they did, how was this not pre-emptively heeded?" I think are also fair. I think people would, generally, be responsive to insight into "this is how we see our game going forward, this is how and why we failed to implement this properly, and this is how we intend to prevent similar problems in the future."

Most people complaining on the forums here aren't posting because they want to see the game fail. But I think they do want to know they plan to avoid a repeat. What it seems people want, in general, is a sense of "vision" rather than a sense that development is simply reactionary and not well-planned.
  • Teague
    939 posts Member
    Options
    Most people only come to these forums to complain about what they don't like. Once they're happy, they quit posting entirely. So it will always look like the vast majority of people are complaining. Doesn't mean that the majority aren't happy. The happy just aren't going to post again until they're unhappy about something.
  • Options
    Teague wrote: »
    Most people only come to these forums to complain about what they don't like. Once they're happy, they quit posting entirely. So it will always look like the vast majority of people are complaining. Doesn't mean that the majority aren't happy. The happy just aren't going to post again until they're unhappy about something.

This is also a fair point.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Teague wrote: »

This. Human nature. When I get into the office and have no messages, I think "That's good, no one is annoyed with me....yet."
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • YourOnIyHope
    333 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Modded rey wasn't 1 shotting modded rey or any1 else that was modded. You **** were too busy crying OP on forums instead of actually getting mods yourself while the ones that were actually playing the game were having a blast.
    You got what you wanted so why are you still on forums...do you not actually play? Pathetic
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options

Seriously it's been an EA bash the last 4 days! Bashed for the mod update and people saying the mods are too overpowered and they have to go!

Now it's nothing but being mad because EA listened to those requests and nerfed them!

What do you want EA to do? Go back to the OP mods? You would just have people complain again about them being over powered. They can't win.

And as far as you people talking about suing or whatever, good luck. They didn't make you spend a dime they told you about the mods. You knew it was coming you spent the money. Nobody forced you to click refresh.

You think because you are unhappy you are going to get paid because EA made adjustments at the consumers request? Good luck my friend.

Thanks for all the helpful information. Glad you posted this as it really adds a lot to the discussion
  • Options
    I'm very happy with the new mod system. I'm a little unhappy they use cantina energy, but let's be honest, we won't be farming 5* mods very long anyways. So that will be a short lived issue.
  • BMoney
    264 posts Member
    Options
    @Saraleb yes you are. I just hope EA sees that not everyone is unhappy. There are plenty of us that still enjoy the ups and downs and the flow of everything.

I like not knowing what's gonna happen next. Adds to the experience lol
  • BMoney
    264 posts Member
    Options
    @YourOnIyHope on the contrary. I moved up to top 20 because of mods. I spent money on them. I loved them. I didn't complain because they gave my team a huge boost. They gave everyone a boost. I rolled with it and I "was having a blast" as you so elequitnly put it.

2 days later the mods get nerfed. Guess what so did everyone else's mods that spent money on them. I am still having a blast and am not upset one bit that I spent money on mods and they were nerfed. They are still the same as everyone else's mods that were nerfed.

Sad that you think I'm pathetic because I'm trying to show the good to people that do read forums.

• Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @YourOnIyHope on the contrary. I moved up to top 20 because of mods. I spent money on them. I loved them. I didn't complain because they gave my team a huge boost. They gave everyone a boost. I rolled with it and I "was having a blast" as you so elequitnly put it.

2 days later the mods get nerfed. Guess what so did everyone else's mods that spent money on them. I am still having a blast and am not upset one bit that I spent money on mods and they were nerfed. They are still the same as everyone else's mods that were nerfed.

Sad that you think I'm pathetic because I'm trying to show the good to people that do read forums.

Yea all mods are the same but it's just not the same experience anymore. The only reason people complained was their lack of patience. Took my 3 days to get the necessary mods for my arena team. Was it that long? Nah let's all just complain cos mods suks and they are OP. Easier that way. We don't want anything new, we don't want a breath of fresh air in arena...we just want to do the same thing over and over and over! And complain!
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »

Yea all mods are the same but it's just not the same experience anymore. The only reason people complained was their lack of patience. Took my 3 days to get the necessary mods for my arena team. Was it that long? Nah let's all just complain cos mods suks and they are OP. Easier that way. We don't want anything new, we don't want a breath of fresh air in arena...we just want to do the same thing over and over and over! And complain!

Yep. But one crusader has taken to the forum to send the devs his approval
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    J7000 wrote: »
    Alexone wrote: »

Yep. But one crusader has taken to the forum to send the devs his approval

They have my disapproval now for nerfing mods. And potency is still broken. Biggest minus from me.
  • Options
    What happened was highway robbery. Plain and simple. I'm a 2/5ths full person because I still love mods. The concept and the applications they offer.

But the part of me that is unhappy...is pretty **** unhappy lol
  • Options
    Muerrto wrote: »

Does anyone ever FORCE someone to buy something? ****.

...car insurance :(
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Understand your frustration... and as ive said in previous posts i love the update but there is still an issue re refund who bought a product that effectively changed after they bought it...

No need for the above though and will just get u banned
  • Muerrto
    16 posts Member
    Options
    Saraleb wrote: »
    Understand your frustration... and as ive said in previous posts i love the update but there is still an issue re refund who bought a product that effectively changed after they bought it...

No need for the above though and will just get u banned

Shrug after seeing like a million posts from that guy I had to say it. Someone did. He's annoying as heck (since apparently even he ll gets edited). Couldn't care less if they ban me from a useless forum where they give vague updates AFTER the update already hits and don't listen to their player base at all.