Any glass half full people?

2Next

Replies

• Dizzle
    80 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    There are plenty of glass half full people. They just avoid the forum at all costs because it's a toxic pit of entitled whiney jerks.

Yeeeep
  • Fitz
    302 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    BMoney wrote: »
    @YourOnIyHope on the contrary. I moved up to top 20 because of mods. I spent money on them. I loved them. I didn't complain because they gave my team a huge boost. They gave everyone a boost. I rolled with it and I "was having a blast" as you so elequitnly put it.

2 days later the mods get nerfed. Guess what so did everyone else's mods that spent money on them. I am still having a blast and am not upset one bit that I spent money on mods and they were nerfed. They are still the same as everyone else's mods that were nerfed.

Sad that you think I'm pathetic because I'm trying to show the good to people that do read forums.

This is the thing. They didn't nerf your mods, they nerfed everyone mods. People say you wouldn't have invested in the new toned down mods but that would mean those people drop like a stone in arena and they cannot complete gw.

Imo this is all very hypocritical since arena is very competitive and main source of pre.ium currency and gw is main source of credits.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Muerrto wrote: »
    Can anyone do anything besides complain on the forums?

Seriously it's been an EA bash the last 4 days! Bashed for the mod update and people saying the mods are too overpowered and they have to go!

Now it's nothing but being mad because EA listened to those requests and nerfed them!

What do you want EA to do? Go back to the OP mods? You would just have people complain again about them being over powered. They can't win.

And as far as you people talking about suing or whatever, good luck. They didn't make you spend a dime they told you about the mods. You knew it was coming you spent the money. Nobody forced you to click refresh.

You think because you are unhappy you are going to get paid because EA made adjustments at the consumers request? Good luck my friend.

Does anyone ever FORCE someone to buy something? ****.

...car insurance :(

I usually disagree with you, but this is pretty funny.

Also, FEMA flood insurance for your home. Ugh.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    And I for one am happy with the changes. I'm glass 3/4ths full. I think they got it correct.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    Since the update i am cursing all the responsibles every single time i play the game. After the mod nerv it is a little better, but the credit crunch is still horrible. So, to answer your question: No. The glass is half empty. And, i don't feel pitty with the responsibles. They earned a lot of money during the last 9 month. and after the mod update we could double the power of our toons within 1hour?!? No wonder everyone goes crazy. Come on, who decides such stuff?
  • Options
    Phillias1 wrote: »
    Yeah... I'm only very angry. Not very very very angry. I took a big hit in crystals and credits. $450

Idiocracy
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.”
  • scuba
    14068 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I was honestly ok with original mod release and the retuning to reduce the stats, the high stats people would have adjusted in time. I do think they should restore the set bonuses to what they were to make them more meaningful.

My issue is with the blantant miss direction, thank you @CG_NotReallyAJedi, and creation of pre-craft 2.0 which has not and probably will not be addressed.

I will be honest and say I acquired and leveled as many mk5 health mods as I could because, even though I had hope they would make the proper change I, didn't have faith.

The only fix to pre-craft 2.0 is to restore the drop rates, mod avalialblity, and upgrade cost to initial release of mods.
    I will continue to play as ftp until the lies stop and I feel that the game is going the right direction again, which IMO still has a long ways to go. The recent update only corrected the tenacity issue of raids, did nothing to correct pre-craft 2.0 which was and is the biggest issue.

• Options
    I finish 1st in arena before mods...with mods...and I'll finish 1st today with shlt mods.
    It was just much more fun
  • Fid
    121 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I didn't think much of the original release needlessly over powered, not the big customization I'd hoped for, and frankly less needed than a lot of balance and bug issues. I really didn't like the emergency fix too pre-craftish (especially since it smacked of not learning the lesson the first time). However, with the new fix dialing them back, it's not perfect but I'm fine with it, there's plenty of room for growth and hopefully the whole affair will be a lesson learned. As far as reimbursement, eh, this is the risk of being an early adopter, not all gambles pay off. Do I see the glass half full or half empty? In the end it doesn't really matter if you get so worked up you can't enjoy the drink.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    I spent around 6 mil on leveling mods. If I could go back in time two days, I would have spent double that. Until I had no more credits. I would not give up a single 5 dot mod that I leveled.
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Im gonna keep pushing and posting this...with all this additional content we need more credits.
    To keep up with the game.

Bronzium Credit Packs! The behave just like the Bronzium Data Packs...5 free and rest purchasable with ally points...AND the 85 gems currently available.

The mods are great...dont mind the uber nerf...just make some poweful mods close to the prenerf available in a NEW mod only raid...dont make raid dependant on number of guild members please...just dont.
  • Options
    Muerrto wrote: »
    Can anyone do anything besides complain on the forums?

Seriously it's been an EA bash the last 4 days! Bashed for the mod update and people saying the mods are too overpowered and they have to go!

Now it's nothing but being mad because EA listened to those requests and nerfed them!

What do you want EA to do? Go back to the OP mods? You would just have people complain again about them being over powered. They can't win.

And as far as you people talking about suing or whatever, good luck. They didn't make you spend a dime they told you about the mods. You knew it was coming you spent the money. Nobody forced you to click refresh.

You think because you are unhappy you are going to get paid because EA made adjustments at the consumers request? Good luck my friend.

You are a **** ****. You've posted on like every thread about this and still have no clue.

Were the mods OP? Yes.

But did it allow **** characters to actually be used? Yes.

Are the nerfed ones still an advantage? Yes.

These are all opinions. Whether the mods were fine OP or fine nerfed doesn't mean ****!

Get it through your thick **** skull, this is about compensation. They hyped this new thing. It was huge, game changing. People spent like crazy to get them. They made it more expensive and lowered the drop rate, people spent even more.

Your analogies are ****. Talking about it being your choice etc. It's always your **** choice when you buy something. Does anyone ever FORCE someone to buy something? ****.

But if I buy something and then AFTER the purchase it gets replaced with something much crappier that's not worth what I paid I have a RIGHT to get ****.

Not getting my advertised Internet speed? Bought something that's missing pieces or doesn't work? Except this is worse. I bought it and it worked fine, then they came and broke it and didn't give me my money back.

That's a **** analogy.

So just stop posting on every single thread about how you're not whining because you didn't spend anything.

Great attitude to have. It didn't affect me therefore I don't care and everyone else is just whining. Put your sorry **** in the shoes of someone who spent money for this **** and feels conned and pull your head out of your own smug **** while you're at it.

No apologies for my language because you're a smug piece of **** who's been spamming the forums with your **** **** posts.

Yeah that guys comment is typical of an internet tough guy lol. They change this game way to much to make it enjoyable. I think your comments are spot on.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @scuba There is no precraft 2.0 because mods are borderline not even worth the trouble now.
  • scuba
    14068 posts Member
    Options
    @Alexone I hope you are kidding!!

While mods may not make as big of a difference they are still going to be needed to be competitive. Pre-craft 2.0 is not only the issue of obtaining them but also the issue of leveling them. One of the things over looked with mods is the secondary stats that you can only see after leveling, which now costs more since the update. Example adding crit chance to droids, lando, Aayla etc. Using the now hard to obtain mk5 health mods you can, even in their toned down form, easily add 20%+ crit chance from secondary stats, while getting the bigger health, speed, potection and offense boosts from mk5 primarily stats. This is better than using all mk2 crit chance mods where 3 max set bonus would only give you 15% added crit chance. My lando no has 65%crit chance, and has added benefit of 15% extra health and higher primary stats of using only health mods.

I spent the pre-craft period, while it was cheap, leveling most of my mk5 mods to see the secondary stats.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    but the credit crunch is still horrible.
    ... for peeps furiously trying to finish their shiny new unloaded guns. By the time I get a bullet (raid gear), I have plenty of toons and credits and shards on which to use this gear. I have surplus credits. Mods are a good place to spend these credits. If I could go back two days in time, I would have spent more. *shrug*

If you are experiencing a bottleneck in X, you adjust your spending around it. There's always one resource gonna be the bottleneck. For most level 80 players, I suspect it is not credits. Unless they are trying to make 7 star and level 80 toons at gear 7/8.
  • Tavanh
    523 posts Member
    Options
    I usually never complain and try to see the bigger picture... but when mods came out and 2 days later and update to get 5* mods decreased dramatically with increasing costs for upgrades... it made me want to quit. If mods were exponentially as high as it was day 1, it would make us even madder when revamped events come out.
    Just think about it... when Yoda was revamped, a lot complained... don't you think that events would get revamped because they think it'll be too easy for us? I'm sure a portion of the community wouldn't want things handed to them, but this would make every event unbeatable without having mods for every character.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @scuba If mods wouldn't have a cost to get removed i would do a non-modded fight vs a modded fight. Try it and then tell me how it went if you have the necessary credits. Right now i am getting beat up by tier 1 mods in arena, so i don't get what should be different when using a non-modded team.
  • scuba
    14068 posts Member
    Options
    @Alexone I don't think you have to have all mk5 mods. Reverse example. Difference between MK1 vs mk5 offense up primary is only 3% this again can be made up for in secondary stats, so you can use mk1 and mk2 to get some of the set bonuses. If that is the route you want to go.

Where the pre-craft comes in is that I who jumped on it I now have many mk1, mk2, mk5 mods showing me my secondary stats. It is now more expensive credit wise and Mod drop wise for someone else to get to the same point and have those options even if it would be slower because some on doesn't spend. There are more barriers than just spending now. The drops and costs to level need to go back to original release.

I have gotten destroyed by fully mk5 modded non dodge teams today that I would have wiped the floor with. My team is fully modded but not all mk5's. I have also had reports from others that my team destroyed them when before they had no issues.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    @scuba My team is fully mk5 modded.
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    Options
    Unless you were refreshing Catina energy 4,5 or 6 times a day, you will never understand the frustration of players who have tons of mods and the amount of credits it took to level them up. Let's not forget the 6* mods that were reduced to 5*'and the measly 1.3 million they gave us back that isn't even close to covering the cost of leveling thos 4 up. Or how about the two days players beta tested the mods then have them reduced so badly that toons perform exactly how toons performed before we even had mods. Even more insulting, what about the silence from the devs all day yesterday then minutes before they walk out the door for the weekend they push the downgrade live and leave players high and dry and now here we are arguing on the forums about what is right and what is wrong. I think players have every right to be ticked off. They have every right to complain and let their angry voices be heard. I've never played a game before that has done something like this that is so shady, that it's borderline ripping people off.

But I'm good. I have more 5* mod varieties that are maxed out that I can't even use them all. If anything good that's come out of this mess will be me spending this next week tweaking sets on different toons finding ways to give me the edge against others. I knew they were probably gonna nerf them so I played it smart. I equipped those mods on several low level toons to make sure I was able to open all the tiers from jawas-resistance mod challenge tiers. Finished all 8 stages beforehand. Now all that is left is for me to mix and match the best sets and make some people cry.
  • Options
    Starhero wrote: »
    If they went back 2 days ago with all my credit I'll be happy

+1
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Well, to be fair, sometimes we have to come here to read the Developer Updates and patch notes :P

+10