PVP RNG broken

Prev1
Waffles
53 posts Member
edited January 2016
No matter what, dodge rate, crit rate, status resist effect, you are always at the losing end.its like better rates for them!

PVP RNG broken 65 votes

Yes
29%
Top_QuarkDarknessSer_PhoenixDarth_Allycodeioniancat21ScoobingsAustinThe_JerolMrPoodle1TheSt0veASDFQWERZXVCEradicatedPerongelukSidiousIsPikachuCyclonusCopy145StefchouMontanaman1974VektorT 19 votes
No
32%
DiegoThundergodcosmicturtle333RutankVicVegaOtarMerilonZoloRunningstriderMasterTamiasBaalMizoAggropoxpay2winLianaraWill_CocishugeWillkimm98Darth_BinksTrépidantQuentIn_Sanedrdavee 21 votes
**** this ****, fix it.
38%
ZarAziHyperalloyBananas2020TowaniDarkKabbageSticare_Courts_0073DeathSSlayerstupidfatfoolDarthMasterShawnHaddySidneyFanMako482shimmyMoBlaqLordOfTheChinSgt_StrategyMidian_CabalArryn_Renbonom0 25 votes

Replies

• Waffles
    53 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    **** this ****, fix it.
    Broken as can be
    Post edited by Hozilla on
  • shimmy
    200 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    **** this ****, fix it.
    There is clearly an increase in AI proc rates and anyone who says no is either lying, incredibly gullible to think it is just their "bad luck", or is somehow using a different app than others.

I will say it doesn't seem as bad as it used to be weeks ago (makes me think they have done some behind the scenes tweaks to lessen it) but it's clearly still there. Whenever the AI Lumi has the dodge/evade effect she almost always dodges. Mine almost never dodges.

AI Dooku pretty much always stuns any of my Jedi unless they resist it (rare) while my Dooku stuns AI Jedis much less often. Same 90% yet AI happens more often than mine.

When you see something happen over dozens of battles you can clearly see it isn't just a coincidence or anything else deniers try and say.

Then you have Daka who supposedly has a 10% chance to revive a dead teammate and it happens basically every time I face a Daka team. I'd say it hasn't happened once out of probably 10 or 11 battles. Boba almost always seems to revive as well (and multiple times at that) despite his low percentage chance to. If I had to throw percentages on it, I'd say Boba revives 80% of the time and Daka revives someone a little over 90% of the time.

I also feel the AI Fives counters far more often than mine does but I haven't faced enough AI Fives to get enough evidence of that.

Now all these things aren't preventing me from winning but they are clearly there.

Edit: In a GW right now and Daka just revived TWO characters. hahaha.

What a joke this app is....
  • Options
    **** this ****, fix it.
    They said it was RNG... No RNG is that bad... Bad coding... So much so that there are abundant of hackers and cheaters in the game
  • Options
    Yes
    It's definitely NOT RNG. Now that they have "fixed" GW by not letting you retreat (when you retreat it now resets the battle -- all the AI characters are brought back at full health) it makes winning a right reserved only for those entering with pay-to-win 7-star teams.

In addition -- and this is awesome -- results in any given battle are predetermined and not random. That's right, when I retreated today and discovered they had completely changed the mechanic, I brought back my original squad and the battle proceeded with the exact same results -- right down to damage numbers -- in the exact same order. The AI dodged and resisted everything exactly as it did in the first fight. Nothing was random about it at all.

There are AI quirks we all know about -- namely the tendency to attempt heals on characters that have the Healing Immunity debuff -- and I can see tweaking the AI's dodge and resist rates to compensate for that, but this latest change strikes me as very unfair. With no effective retreat mechanic, you are either going to simply win the few fights you can, or force quit the app and shuffle the team to try to get a better predetermined outcome.

TJ
  • Options
    You may just have bad luck, or there could possibly be something wrong.

The game is still fairly new, there are going to be things wrong, as there would be with mostly any game/app/software/etc. There can be changes to code that inadvertently affect other parts of the game without intending to. This is coming from someone who works as a tester.

My suggestion would be to report this in the bugs section of the forum if you think there is truly something wrong. Reporting it there will give EA a chance to look at it and fix it if they find that there is a problem.
  • Scoobings
    47 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Yes
    So here's something interesting:

This morning my GW is bugged out. When I retreat it starts the fight completely over instead of resuming the fight from where I left off. This part is important:

Every time I restart the fight it goes exactly the same way proc rates wise, which means everything is predetermined. I've started this same fight over 6 times, and Duku's Lightning hits me for exactly the same amount each time and procs stun, their Sid hits me for exactly the same amount and applies his debuff and then my counselor hits their sid for exactly the same amount.

I restart, and restart, and its the same every time. I realize this is a bug, but at the very least there's no RNG involved in the first few turns.
  • Options
    I voted yes.

I think this is a difficult one to answer because with RNG it's not uncommon to get wafflestomped by a series of unfortunate rolls that look like cheating, a bug, ai advantage, etc. It does however feel like the strings of 10 uncontested hits on phasma teams occur more often than should happen at the stated assist percent.

That being said, deep down, I actually think its probably not broken (yeah, I know, I voted yes. It was an decision based in emotion). I think the "bug" is actually a combination of those strings wiping half my team are SO frustrating that it serves as a multiplier effect to how often I perceive they occur. Additionally, when I think about how often said strings should occur, my mind latches on to 16/32% assist rates but can't easily factor in the turn meter adv for the other team and the turn meter decrease for my team that Phasma and other toons also bring to the table which plays a significant but harder to quantify roll.
  • Options
    **** this ****, fix it.
    Yeah things are pre-determined in GW as well.

My guess is this, no matter what even in pvp, they prolly incorporate algorithm for you to lose/win no matter the situation.
    Hence as I said it isn't a matter of RNG prolly is bad coding on their part.
  • Options
    **** this ****, fix it.
    Community: hey this is broken pls fix it
    EA: well its right in the coding so...
  • Options
    Yes
    I just got roflstomped by a phasma team 3 levels below me in a GW, though this happens in arena as well. I have Luminara Unduli who is maxed out with stars and Leader ability. I hardly evaded at all and their team crit/stunned/speed reduction/dotted me mercilessly as well as dodged/resisted/etc. If this is predetermined it is kinda ridiculous. I don't think it is RNG but coded in. Should be fixed.
  • Options
    Yes
    Well, regarding my previous post of predetermined GW, the other interesting thing I noticed is if I attacked a different hero, or changed the pattern, the results of their moves changed too... So, if I started a fight, didn't like how the opening went, all I had to do was hit someone different and a different opening routine started... It's almost as if it's calculated out moves and what happens in advance that are determined by your actions.

It's very bizarre... But I messed around with this for a long time just to see what happened and every new "opener" I tried had a pre-determined outcome for at the very least the next 2 or so turns. The bug allowed me to pretty much restart fights until I found a scenario that resulted in me winning... so I guess I'm not complaining... but it makes me seriously question how their RNG is generated.
  • Options
    Scoobings wrote: »
    Well, regarding my previous post of predetermined GW, the other interesting thing I noticed is if I attacked a different hero, or changed the pattern, the results of their moves changed too... So, if I started a fight, didn't like how the opening went, all I had to do was hit someone different and a different opening routine started... It's almost as if it's calculated out moves and what happens in advance that are determined by your actions.

It's very bizarre... But I messed around with this for a long time just to see what happened and every new "opener" I tried had a pre-determined outcome for at the very least the next 2 or so turns. The bug allowed me to pretty much restart fights until I found a scenario that resulted in me winning... so I guess I'm not complaining... but it makes me seriously question how their RNG is generated.

It's like playing a chess computer circa 1985. Lol
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    **** this ****, fix it.
    They can make posts all they like about it being a 'myth' that proc rates are higher. As everyone can clearly see from the feedback here, it's insane.
    I know exactly where you're coming from OP, my experiences have been just as bad, if not worse.
  • Sticare_Courts_0073
    1916 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    **** this ****, fix it.
    This answer was just too funny not to chose. :tongue:
    But yeah, especially things like Phasma's leadership seem to work better on PvE and defense than they do on offense.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Options
    No
    Until you can back up your reasoning with solid evidence e.g.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/5817/sidious-and-his-crazy-dodge-rating/p1
    What you are experiencing is confirmational bias.

See https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/6818/why-drop-rates-seem-so-low-and-cruel-math-and-psychology#latest
    For an example of a similar thought process.

If you bring evidence to EA that clearly shows that AI is not behaving in the same manner as user controlled heroes then they can actually address the issue.

Until then all you're doing is whining.

See Qeltar's data here on Daka's revival chance for example.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/59991#Comment_59991

I'll believe hard evidence before I believe superstitious moaning.

Delaying the Devs because they have to change their schedule to work on a non-issue like this is a massive waste of time.

*cue hateful responses*

Jk luv u guys
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    No
    The_Jerol wrote: »

In addition -- and this is awesome -- results in any given battle are predetermined and not random. That's right, when I retreated today and discovered they had completely changed the mechanic, I brought back my original squad and the battle proceeded with the exact same results -- right down to damage numbers -- in the exact same order. The AI dodged and resisted everything exactly as it did in the first fight. Nothing was random about it at all.

This has been mentioned several times before and is not an issue. It is in place to prevent you from retreating (force closing) multiple times to get a different response. All dice rolls are rolled before the match, they are not rolled when every action is taken.

Just search 'AI cheats' and you'll find many better worded responses than mine.
  • Options
    No

This has been mentioned several times before and is not an issue. It is in place to prevent you from retreating (force closing) multiple times to get a different response. All dice rolls are rolled before the match, they are not rolled when every action is taken.

Example here:https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/6473/gw-battle-playing-out-same-everytime#latest
  • Options
    No
    It's definitely NOT RNG. Now that they have "fixed" GW by not letting you retreat (when you retreat it now resets the battle -- all the AI characters are brought back at full health) it makes winning a right reserved only for those entering with pay-to-win 7-star teams.

There are AI quirks we all know about -- namely the tendency to attempt heals on characters that have the Healing Immunity debuff -- and I can see tweaking the AI's dodge and resist rates to compensate for that, but this latest change strikes me as very unfair. With no effective retreat mechanic, you are either going to simply win the few fights you can, or force quit the app and shuffle the team to try to get a better predetermined outcome.

TJ

That is true, if you do everything the same it will happen, same damage,stuns,dots,debuffs on your and their guys, so in gw, i retreat and switch my guys up if it is going badly
  • Options
    No
    Willkimm98 wrote: »

TJ

That is true, if you do everything the same it will happen, same damage,stuns,dots,debuffs on your and their guys, so in gw, i retreat and switch my guys up if it is going badly

Also, i have completed gw everyday since the update, i use 7* lumi, 7* sid, 5* jc, 5* chewy and 6* phasma. I have to use some other guys in between like poe, fotp, daka, dooku, and sometimes vader, but it is all about strategy, and retreating to switch up your team. I run lumi as leader for first 6ish battles because her heal slowly adds up and evasion helps some, then phasma or someone else as leader till the end.

I am a f2p player and GW is NOT HARD if you understand any strategy in this game.
  • Options
    No
    At least regarding turn order, the pvp rng is pretty fair. I've been on the good end of Poe v Poe turn battles enough to say that it is fair.
  • Sticare_Courts_0073
    1916 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    **** this ****, fix it.
    True. Like in life, some battles just aren't to be won, which sounds fair.

Btw, I love how the poll divides us all in teams, haha. Thought it would only last a single post, but it keeps reappearing above your name.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • ZoloRunningstrider
    142 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    No
    I think it's fine. In Arena today I went up against multiple Leias that only attacked once and even an old Ben that had most of his debuffs resisted. I'll plainly admit that I get super upset when the AI "seems" boosted but I don't believe at all that this is true. Devs already commented on this and seriously why would they lie?

We all know that game companies come up with excuses for stuff like this. But CG isn't making excuses or mincing words. They came our and said that the AI isn't boosted. RNGs just sucks sometimes :smiley:
    Post edited by Hozilla on
  • Options
    Yes
    I equate "dice rolls" in this game to something like Dungeons and Dragons dice that have 16 sides. Similarly, many of us using this analogy are rolling a "7" 10 times in a row. Go break out that old game if you have it and try to do it with real dice. FYI.... It'll never happen. You'd be lucky to roll the same number 2-3 times in 20 tries...
  • Options
    No
    I equate "dice rolls" in this game to something like Dungeons and Dragons dice that have 16 sides. Similarly, many of us using this analogy are rolling a "7" 10 times in a row. Go break out that old game if you have it and try to do it with real dice. FYI.... It'll never happen. You'd be lucky to roll the same number 2-3 times in 20 tries...

But repectfully how does that equate to you voting that the RNG in this game is broken? I'm not super familiar with D&D but I'm pretty sure I understand how the dice rolls can work in that game.
  • Options
    Yes
    It's like playing a chess computer circa 1985. Lol

I love that you mentioned this because I remember those days. Back then, the computer usually followed the Kasparov playbook to perfection and if you had the book, you could simply counter the computers moves.
  • Options
    No

If you have an infinite number of rolls, or even a few million it will happen.
  • Options
    **** this ****, fix it.
    Generally Speaking, if that's the case.

Since we know GW has pre-determined rolls, wouldn't that make PVP broken?
  • Options
    **** this ****, fix it.
    I've had teams with characters 10 levels higher than the enemy team get outright *butchered* while barely being capable of doing anything in return. It's not bad comp or anything from me, it's just that the enemy has an insanely high crit/dodge chance, while my guys are super slow and prefer to dive face first into enemy fire/sabre. It's CLEARLY broken.
  • Scoobings
    47 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Yes

I know you're not an EA rep, but at the very least that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. It results in constant restarting and swapping characters until you get rolls you like. In an attempt to prevent cheesing of GWs they opened up a pandora's box of cheesing. It's like they didn't even pause a second to think about what would happen if they made this change.
  • Options
    No
    Scoobings wrote: »

I know you're not an EA rep, but at the very least that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. It results in constant restarting and swapping characters until you get rolls you like. In an attempt to prevent cheesing of GWs they opened up a pandora's box of cheesing. It's like they didn't even pause a second to think about what would happen if they made this change.

What do you think people were doing before the changes. They were crashing their system. I didn't do it and you probably didn't do that but it made us behind the cheaters. The way it is done now is to make it even grounds with the prior cheaters so you are not getting further behind them