Potency was nerfed, not "normalized"

Prev1
I've seen some posts about tenacity and potency with the common response being, "it's the same, they just normalized it." It is definitely not the same. I run a gear 10 Daka, with all scanners added AND a potency primary stat, 5* mod. Prior to the nerf, her potency was roughly 250%. Now it is 79%. More importantly, she went from her stuns never getting resisted to having her stuns resisted about half the time. Her potency is still good. She does land double stuns. But I've done enough GW, raid and Arena battles to be sure that this is not an RNG thing. Potency was nerfed, and it needs to be fixed.

On a side note, my Gear 10 Phasma landed ZERO speed downs or defense downs in our last 2 raids and has been getting resisted in Arena and GW far more than before the nerf. I get that potency is supposed to matter, but should it be able to take a skill down from 90% chance of landing to half of that? What's even the point of saying she has a 90% chance of landing speed down at this point?

Replies

• Zeu
    95 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    So many wrong things in your post
    90% refers to the chance to cast speed down not to land. Then there's potency and tenacity.
    You provide no data , "I've run many GW so I can tell "means nothing. We tend to be bias and exaggerate just to try to make a point.

Last night with a teebo potency 56% I did the exact same damage as before mods were nerfed.
    There, proof is not a nerf. See what I did there ?
  • Options
    With the Potency/Tenacity-normalization, wasn¨t the Rancors Tenacity raised as well?

That could have changed some results, making it differ from the earlier norm.
  • Options
    Zeu wrote: »
    90% refers to the chance to cast speed down not to land. Then there's potency and tenacity.
    You provide no data , "I've run many GW so I can tell "means nothing. We tend to be bias and exaggerate just to try to make a point.

Last night with a teebo potency 56% I did the exact same damage as before mods were nerfed.

Nice try, but you're wrong. Teebo, phasma and QGJ barely ever land TM or slow in raids now. I didn't land a single slow in our last two raids. And teebo's TM landed once where before it was better than 2 out of 3.
  • Options
    strafeSS wrote: »

Nice try, but you're wrong. Teebo, phasma and QGJ barely ever land TM or slow in raids now. I didn't land a single slow in our last two raids. And teebo's TM landed once where before it was better than 2 out of 3.

That may be due to the increase of the Rancor's Tenacity though.
  • EXPANCE
    13 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Take your mods off and try again... teebo does not have 56 potency fully geared.Your mods are making up for the nerf.
  • Options

Nice try! Teebo 53% potency works 8 out of 10 times, 5's with around 40% potency lands speed down on rancor same as before, phasma with 68% potency lands slow down as bad as before, qgj with 110% potency works slightly better than before, even lands on rancor quite often, even an unmodded rex landed tmr now and then...

Daka always stunning pre-nerf? If its ALWAYS stunning, then you know why potency was adjusted... No skill should work 100% of the time... Exception: skills that have a 100% proc rate and, as you know, daka omega has a 60% chance only

So yeah, congratulations, you just confirmed that potency was broken pre-nerf!
  • michugana
    31 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

Nice try! Teebo 53% potency works 8 out of 10 times, 5's with around 40% potency lands speed down on rancor same as before, phasma with 68% potency lands slow down as bad as before, qgj with 110% potency works slightly better than before, even lands on rancor quite often, even an unmodded rex landed tmr now and then...

Daka always stunning pre-nerf? If its ALWAYS stunning, then you know why potency was adjusted... No skill should work 100% of the time... Exception: skills that have a 100% proc rate and, as you know, daka omega has a 60% chance only

If potency can go above 100%, then clearly there is a level where someone with high enough potency cannot be resisted. My Daka was that high prior to the nerf. I'm not talking about her being dodged. I'm not talking about her simply not landing stuns. I'm specifically talking about her being resisted. It's far more than it was before.
  • craghack2009
    49 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

You see here, your Teebo has 53% potency now. Before normalization, Teebo has 80% and after 21%. So, your Teebo's 53% is equivalent to 201% before normalization. Of course, he works. Your data only means Teebo's TMR works with mods, which is good, but still cannot support that Pot is not nerfed
    Post edited by craghack2009 on
  • Options
    With the Potency/Tenacity-normalization, wasn¨t the Rancors Tenacity raised as well?

That could have changed some results, making it differ from the earlier norm.

But I now have arena and GW teams resisting stuns, speed downs, and defense downs far more often than they were before. This is not just about raids and in fact, I couldn't care less about raids. Rancor SHOULD have high tenacity. But I run Daka on my Arena team and without her stuns landing, it's absolutely kills her character.
  • Options
    Potency was nerfed...I have 6* Old Ben which had no raid gear or mods before update and his potency was about 60%. After last update his potency went down to 13.32%...Also check gears that give potency, for example Mk 7 Nubian Security Scanner before update was adding +40% potency and now only +10%.
    All that expensive gear...for the most part now i feel like i never invested anything in my toons...I don't get it, why EA didn't just nerf mods, that stuff was making problems, not gear...
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    Options
    I raided yesterday morning and everything was working fine.
  • Fitz
    302 posts Member
    Options
    Same here, raided everyday and it is working fine. Phasma does land slow down, teebo does remove tm, qgj same, etc...
  • Akiraine
    256 posts Member
    Options
    The question is not whether your current char can do the same thing on raids/gw whatever or not.

Is whether they perform the same pre normalization and post normalization WITHOUT mods. The issue is that it requires mods for the same char to perform the same,
  • Fitz
    302 posts Member
    Options
    Nope my teebo isn't modded for instance and tier 6 feels like tier 5 when it comes to landing debuff on the rancor on modded characters.
  • Options
    Akiraine wrote: »
    The question is not whether your current char can do the same thing on raids/gw whatever or not.

Is whether they perform the same pre normalization and post normalization WITHOUT mods. The issue is that it requires mods for the same char to perform the same,

Exactly.
  • Options
    Isn't Daka's stun supposed to have a 60% chance to land even with max potency? Sounds like it's working as intended.

On a side note, 5 of us were still able to solo P1 Heroic in my guild after the nerf. Not saying I agree with the potency nerf to gear but if you have potency mods you can supplement what they took away.
  • Options
    ZAP wrote: »
    I have over a hundred mods and not a single potency primary stat.

I run daka, phasma and QGJ in arena and teebo in raids and none of them perform as well as they did pre mod.

So, all the time, money and planning on these characters has been wasted because I'm not lucky enough to get even one potency primary stat mod.

Doesn't seem right

I've gotten some low rank Mods with Potency Main-stat from both the Offense and Crit Damage-section of the Table.

Haven't gotten one from Challenges yet but i'm trying every day :smile:

It's all RNG so keep trying ZAP!
  • Options
    So advice to p2p would sound something like: spend more money to compensate for your now useless money spent? Any advice for f2p? Maybe: start spending money just to get in the same inconvenient situation in the future?

• scuba
    14075 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    dakstraker wrote: »
    Isn't Daka's stun supposed to have a 60% chance to land even with max potency? Sounds like it's working as intended.

On a side note, 5 of us were still able to solo P1 Heroic in my guild after the nerf. Not saying I agree with the potency nerf to gear but if you have potency mods you can supplement what they took away.

Why should we have to supplement with mod gears? To gear Teebo to g10 plus a nubian ain't easy, it took ages. They should not have nerfed the nubian potency from 40% to 10%. Total joke, bloody ridiculous.

I have had many reports that teebo is currently working same as Pre mod update.

It is not like he was guaranteed to solo P1 before. You normally had to have the stars aligned right to give you good rng to do so. Yes he made it possible but most had to retreat a few times to get it. He was good for P1 before and added the possibility of a solo run, I saw more failures or getting close to a solo run than I did an actual solo run.

Post mods update. You can add 45% potency and make him excellent for T7 P1 run. This is not taking him back to where he was Pre update it is taking him way beyond. With the same TMR team all modded with potency there will be no question of solo run on T7 P1. Did it today the captain never had a turn, that was not possible Pre update.
  • Options
    KatGodeu wrote: »
    Akiraine wrote: »

Exactly.

Completely agree. And I'm saying the pre-nerf I was being resisted far less than after.
  • Options
    dakstraker wrote: »

You're not following. I'm not talking about the 40% of the time she doesn't stun. We're talking specifically about when she tries to land the stun and the opposing toon resists it. The rate of her stun being resisted is higher than it was pre-nerf. I even have a potency mod on Daka and it's still way worse.
  • ZurinFet
    261 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    michugana wrote: »
    I've seen some posts about tenacity and potency with the common response being, "it's the same, they just normalized it." It is definitely not the same. I run a gear 10 Daka, with all scanners added AND a potency primary stat, 5* mod. Prior to the nerf, her potency was roughly 250%. Now it is 79%. More importantly, she went from her stuns never getting resisted to having her stuns resisted about half the time. Her potency is still good. She does land double stuns. But I've done enough GW, raid and Arena battles to be sure that this is not an RNG thing. Potency was nerfed, and it needs to be fixed.

On a side note, my Gear 10 Phasma landed ZERO speed downs or defense downs in our last 2 raids and has been getting resisted in Arena and GW far more than before the nerf. I get that potency is supposed to matter, but should it be able to take a skill down from 90% chance of landing to half of that? What's even the point of saying she has a 90% chance of landing speed down at this point?

She was never supposed to land stuns all the time. She has 55% chance to Stun before applying Potency/Tenacity. So lets say out that 55% chance she does proc stun. Then its her potency (79%) against the character's tenacity (minimum is 15% chance to resist) which gives you a 64% chance to apply that stun proc. Everyone will always have a 15% chance to resist, so the max you will get is 85%.

• Options
    Good. Daka's double stun is cancerous anyway.
  • Options
    My experience in raids since first mod update (team with Phasma (l), QGJ, Yoda, Rey, GS):
    1st Heroic raid, phase 2 - 330k dmg (team was WITHOUT mods)
    2nd Heroic raid, phase 2 - 550k, more/less (only Rey and QGJ modded)
    Then it happened this potency and mod nerf and this was the result:
    Heroic raid, phase 2 - about 330k dmg, all heroes modded with best mods (5/4 *) on QGJ and Rey
    So how come all this changes in game are good or balanced?? First heroes became OP, and after last update it's like all suffered big nerf...

• Options
    And I don't care about Daka, LOOK stats of all your more or less used characters... What were we doing all those months? Spending huge resources on gear to get exactly what?
  • Options
    ZurinFet wrote: »
    michugana wrote: »

She was never supposed to land stuns all the time. She has 55% chance to Stun before applying Potency/Tenacity. So lets say out that 55% chance she does proc stun. Then its her potency (79%) against the character's tenacity (minimum is 15% chance to resist) which gives you a 64% chance to apply that stun proc. Everyone will always have a 15% chance to resist, so the max you will get is 85%.

Again. This is NOT and the times she simply didn't stun. We're talking only about the times she tries to stun and is resisted.

Let's pretend hey potency was 130%. And the opposing toon tenacity was 15%. The that toon shouldn't be able to resist her stun, right? Pre-nerf this was the case. I had gotten Daka's potency high enough that she wasn't being resisted. She could still not land a stun. She could still be dodged. But she wasn't being resisted.

IF potency was normalized, this should still be the case. But it's not. Her stuns are now being resisted regularly. Potency was nerfed, not normalized.
  • WhaleKiller1
    517 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    It was either nerfed or raid tenacity was raised.

If you don't put potency mods on your raid toons now, they won't work worth a squat. They have to be over 50% in phase 1 to be like they were originally.

So, if we need mods now to make them work, something's been changed other than "normalization" or whatever.
  • Options
    It was either nerfed or raid tenacity was raised.

If you don't put potency mods on your raid toons now, they won't work worth a squat. They have to be over 50% in phase 1 to be like they were originally.

So, if we need mods now to make them work, something's been changed other than "normalization" or whatever.

Exactly. I have +24% (or is 27%?) potency mod on Daka, PLUS the +10% potency mod bonus. That's ~+34% on the new potency scale, which is huge. She should not be getting resisted nearly as much or more than she was pre-mods.