Potency was nerfed, not "normalized"

2Next

Replies

• Psi
    50 posts Member
    Options
    Nerfed. All that grind/cash to up Teebo's potency. For what? Really this whole mess is a joke. Mods are good idea in principle, but deployment was beyond bad. A lot of us PAY real money for characters and abilities. Then the whole mechanic changes dramatically (not the odd character adjustment!) and we are just meant to roll with it. Very near deleting this game after spending several hundred dollars.
  • Options
    Jawa Engineer can barely even do his basic move anymore
  • Options
    Potency was most definitely nerfed.
  • Options
    dakstraker wrote: »
    Isn't Daka's stun supposed to have a 60% chance to land even with max potency? Sounds like it's working as intended.

On a side note, 5 of us were still able to solo P1 Heroic in my guild after the nerf. Not saying I agree with the potency nerf to gear but if you have potency mods you can supplement what they took away.

Why should we have to supplement with mod gears? To gear Teebo to g10 plus a nubian ain't easy, it took ages. They should not have nerfed the nubian potency from 40% to 10%. Total joke, bloody ridiculous.
    Exactly totally agree. I don't have any data but I know my chars are not the same as they were. Arena power went down & all of a sudden what used to be finishing blows leave a tiny bit of health on opponents & it's happening all the time with many diff chars. Something is off. I do not want any stupid mods at all, worst idea ever! Have not done a single battle.

• LordAlvert
    1193 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Potency was nerfed.

Nubian sevens were nerfed.

Unfortunately this is awful for toons that needed potency in arena: b2, sun fac, Rex, Daka, RG, teebo, etc.

Potency toons were interesting. Why nerf all these toons? Hard to get toons and pay to win toons.

Toons that were in some cases against the awful boring meta of dps.

These toons now are unusable unless with potency mods. So they can't have crit mods or offense mods.

Another big CG "we can't bother with testing or even running it past players before we implement" let's trip all over ourselves and veer back and forth across the road bad management and bad development. At this point a signature move. Something that was fine. Something I spent tons on.

Star Wars Galaxy of Depreciating Pixel Assets.
  • Options
    Seems like i have to put 6 Potency-Mods on the Teebster then!

• LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I suggest u wait and do more raids and battles. This could be the same thing we hear every time there is any change. 3 percent of people have a really unlucky stun gun farm, and u see posts saying multisim button is a ripoff.

Chill. If there's a stealth nerf, it will be discovered and verified by da people. Properly.

My g8 teebo landed a tm on tier 6 rancor. Just one. But I don't know that he has ever done that pre patch, even.
  • Options
    Seems like i have to put 6 Potency-Mods on the Teebster then!

Get a potency mod for the bottom right corner one but I agree, potency mods all around.

• Sarryen
    474 posts Member
    Options
    I agree that the raw potency stats do seem to result in less effective results across all battles.

However, one advantage of the mod system is that those characters who have weak potency (and always have had) can get a boost. And it is possible to side-step the gear issues somewhat - my g9 teebo is mod boosted with nothing but potency and he worked very well in the tier 7 raid with c55% potency (almost all from mods).
  • Amth
    197 posts Member
    Options
    The base stats that heroes have right now relative to potency was a nerf. However with mods, the theoretical potency a hero can get far exceeds what was previously possible. Teebo has the ability to rip meter at a rate he could never have prior to mods if he is modded.

Looking for a Guild? Click here for our recruitment post
  • Options
    The took away your cars tires and now you have to buy new ones.
  • Options
    With Mods, We Will

#MakeTeeboGreatAgain!
  • ZurinFet
    261 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    michugana wrote: »
    ZurinFet wrote: »
    I've seen some posts about tenacity and potency with the common response being, "it's the same, they just normalized it." It is definitely not the same. I run a gear 10 Daka, with all scanners added AND a potency primary stat, 5* mod. Prior to the nerf, her potency was roughly 250%. Now it is 79%. More importantly, she went from her stuns never getting resisted to having her stuns resisted about half the time. Her potency is still good. She does land double stuns. But I've done enough GW, raid and Arena battles to be sure that this is not an RNG thing. Potency was nerfed, and it needs to be fixed.

On a side note, my Gear 10 Phasma landed ZERO speed downs or defense downs in our last 2 raids and has been getting resisted in Arena and GW far more than before the nerf. I get that potency is supposed to matter, but should it be able to take a skill down from 90% chance of landing to half of that? What's even the point of saying she has a 90% chance of landing speed down at this point?

She was never supposed to land stuns all the time. She has 55% chance to Stun before applying Potency/Tenacity. So lets say out that 55% chance she does proc stun. Then its her potency (79%) against the character's tenacity (minimum is 15% chance to resist) which gives you a 64% chance to apply that stun proc. Everyone will always have a 15% chance to resist, so the max you will get is 85%.

Again. This is NOT and the times she simply didn't stun. We're talking only about the times she tries to stun and is resisted.

Let's pretend hey potency was 130%. And the opposing toon tenacity was 15%. The that toon shouldn't be able to resist her stun, right? Pre-nerf this was the case. I had gotten Daka's potency high enough that she wasn't being resisted. She could still not land a stun. She could still be dodged. But she wasn't being resisted.

IF potency was normalized, this should still be the case. But it's not. Her stuns are now being resisted regularly. Potency was nerfed, not normalized.

Maybe I didn't make myself clear. From a DESIGN standpoint she was not supposed to stun all the time. Potency was broken because characters had gear setups that included a lot of potency, and also had too much to start with. The previous system also went above 100% range when calculating your odds. Doesn't matter if u have 130% potency now, ur just wasting 30%. I'm talking post nerf.

Pre-nerf was just broken design. Unfortunately took them too long to fix it and people capitalized and got used to it.

• ZurinFet
    261 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Amth wrote: »
    The base stats that heroes have right now relative to potency was a nerf. However with mods, the theoretical potency a hero can get far exceeds what was previously possible. Teebo has the ability to rip meter at a rate he could never have prior to mods if he is modded.

Yes. Also, the previous mods would make more fair use of potency, with the mods nerf if you want to max potency you will need to waste all your slots into Potency set, substats and slot 6.

So while their Potency fix worked fine for the Mods as they were released, it will be a huge problem after the mods nerf.

• Options
    I've seen some posts about tenacity and potency with the common response being, "it's the same, they just normalized it." It is definitely not the same. I run a gear 10 Daka, with all scanners added AND a potency primary stat, 5* mod. Prior to the nerf, her potency was roughly 250%. Now it is 79%. More importantly, she went from her stuns never getting resisted to having her stuns resisted about half the time. Her potency is still good. She does land double stuns. But I've done enough GW, raid and Arena battles to be sure that this is not an RNG thing. Potency was nerfed, and it needs to be fixed.

On a side note, my Gear 10 Phasma landed ZERO speed downs or defense downs in our last 2 raids and has been getting resisted in Arena and GW far more than before the nerf. I get that potency is supposed to matter, but should it be able to take a skill down from 90% chance of landing to half of that? What's even the point of saying she has a 90% chance of landing speed down at this point?

She was never supposed to land stuns all the time. She has 55% chance to Stun before applying Potency/Tenacity. So lets say out that 55% chance she does proc stun. Then its her potency (79%) against the character's tenacity (minimum is 15% chance to resist) which gives you a 64% chance to apply that stun proc. Everyone will always have a 15% chance to resist, so the max you will get is 85%.

Again. This is NOT and the times she simply didn't stun. We're talking only about the times she tries to stun and is resisted.

Let's pretend hey potency was 130%. And the opposing toon tenacity was 15%. The that toon shouldn't be able to resist her stun, right? Pre-nerf this was the case. I had gotten Daka's potency high enough that she wasn't being resisted. She could still not land a stun. She could still be dodged. But she wasn't being resisted.

IF potency was normalized, this should still be the case. But it's not. Her stuns are now being resisted regularly. Potency was nerfed, not normalized.

Maybe I didn't make myself clear. From a DESIGN standpoint she was not supposed to stun all the time. Potency was broken because characters had gear setups that included a lot of potency, and also had too much to start with. The previous system also went above 100% range when calculating your odds. Doesn't matter if u have 130% potency now, ur just wasting 30%. I'm talking post nerf.

Pre-nerf was just broken design. Unfortunately took them too long to fix it and people capitalized and got used to it.

Well, that could indeed be true if they devs thought she was broken beforehand. But her basic hits for ~1800. It's nothing. And her revives are there, but not certainly something a player would rely on. Given her stuns hit only 60% and then you add in the crazy dodge mechanics of the game, I would strongly disagree that she was overpowered before the nerf.
  • ZurinFet
    261 posts Member
    Options

Well, that could indeed be true if they devs thought she was broken beforehand. But her basic hits for ~1800. It's nothing. And her revives are there, but not certainly something a player would rely on. Given her stuns hit only 60% and then you add in the crazy dodge mechanics of the game, I would strongly disagree that she was overpowered before the nerf.

Her ability kit with insane number of stuns made her be desired. She was stunning as much as Dooku against jedi (which I don't think is the intended design)

• Options

Her ability kit with insane number of stuns made her be desired. She was stunning as much as Dooku against jedi (which I don't think is the intended design)

Are you saying she was stunning Jedi more than other types of characters? I hadn't noticed anything like that. Maybe Jedi just have lower tenacity.

I suspect part of the problem is with the buff to AI teams, she may have been stunning more. On offense, I'd say her 60% stun rate was very accurate.
  • ZurinFet
    261 posts Member
    Options

Are you saying she was stunning Jedi more than other types of characters? I hadn't noticed anything like that. Maybe Jedi just have lower tenacity.

I suspect part of the problem is with the buff to AI teams, she may have been stunning more. On offense, I'd say her 60% stun rate was very accurate.

No sorry, I meant that dooku stuns jedi more than other characters (because of his ability) but daka would be doing just as many stuns on anyone, because of her over the top potency.