Jawa Engineer basic rendered useless

Prev1
Since the potency nerf his basic almost never works now. This is ridiculous

Replies

• Options
    Potency wasn't nerfed. His basic works for me quite fine.
  • Options
    So all the other posts are ****?
  • ItsJarJarBinkz
    2494 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    So all the other posts are ****?

Yes. Here is what happened
    Potency and Tenacity have been normalized to exist between 0% and 100% when obtained through Gear. This was done to provide both a more readable number for comparison’s sake and also for balance reasons associated with Mods. Both of these values may exceed 100% through the usage of Mods and the comparison itself remains unchanged at this time.
  • Options
    His use is that he will allow your droids to shoot the entire enemy team twice per droid before they can react. You often get to kill 1 or 2 toons before they even get a turn. That allows you to take out CGQ and have your tank working while you kill the rest.
    The heal and detonators are just for fun.
  • Options
    My problem with detonators is they don't go off when they should, and they are subject to resistance. They can be dodged, deflected, resisted, etc.. Every single thing comes in to play to prevent them from sticking.
  • Options
    My problem with detonators is they don't go off when they should, and they are subject to resistance. They can be dodged, deflected, resisted, etc.. Every single thing comes in to play to prevent them from sticking.

Yup. They are quite terrible. If they by some miracle stick, the enemy will most likely be dead before it gets to detonate, which is why I just treat them as a debuff that doesn't do anything.
  • Options
    They def did raise Rancors tenacity so there Jawas basic is useless
  • Dgreaser
    218 posts Member
    Options
    It wasn't nerfed. Its just calculated a different way.
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    Options
    Yep. His only use is his buff.
  • Maskarii
    851 posts Member
    Options
    Nope it doesn't works fine..
  • Options
    He wasn't nerfed, the Rancor and Co were buffed.

I know it seems like semantics but it really isn't. Any time you can solo a raid boss there are gonna be needs.
  • Options
    Nerfs.
  • Options
    Dgreaser wrote: »
    It wasn't nerfed. Its just calculated a different way.

Gonna be up front and say I can't tell if this is sarcastic or not. I'm giving the benefit of the doubt cause either way it made me lol.
  • Options

Link?

• Aniema
    602 posts Member
    Options
    Call it a nerf,fix,balance,rancor buff or whatever you want bottom line is it doesn't work like it used to. Blame the people that made those raid phase soloing videos for the reason why this was changed. If there is something in a game like this there are always those who think they are so great and wanna make videos to show off. Same thing happened fives cause this one guy made a video of fives soloing the tank challenge, not even a week later he was fixed.

Someone is always showing off either by video or to come and brag on the forums. Then the devs come and show you who is really in control. Good Job braggers /slowclap
  • Options
    They raised the Tenacity on them. (thus the resists)

Just put some Potency-mods on Engineer and he will perform.
  • GamorreanBard
    121 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    This is my problem:

a0BToGC.jpg

"Miniaturized Detonator: Apply a Detonator to target enemy that detonates after 1 turn, dealing damage."
  • Options
    One of HIS turns
  • Aznbala
    29 posts Member
    Options
    You don't use je for his basic.
  • Options
    This is my problem:

a0BToGC.jpg

"Miniaturized Detonator: Apply a Detonator to target enemy that detonates after 1 turn, dealing damage."

I think that's good. Makes 88 do more damage due to his unique.
  • Options
    Its 1 turn of the one applied to. so when you hit someone with detonator he will have 1 go and then next time before he can go it detonates. so they would all (or most of them) detonate at the same time
  • Options
    This is my problem:

a0BToGC.jpg

it's 20% per enemy suffering negatived status effect, not per effect.
  • Capt_Rex
    116 posts Member
    Options
    boellefisk wrote: »
    This is my problem:

a0BToGC.jpg

Still you can plant detonators on each enemy not just one. In my encounters when it comes to JE basic i plant it on enemy I want to attack last, some with CC or when I'm afraid next hit won't kill some DPS toon but it will triger RG. Taking it all in consideration I think his basic has lots of potential uses but is quite unreliable without potention mods.
  • Options
    Capt_Rex wrote: »
    boellefisk wrote: »
    This is my problem:

a0BToGC.jpg

Still you can plant detonators on each enemy not just one. In my encounters when it comes to JE basic i plant it on enemy I want to attack last, some with CC or when I'm afraid next hit won't kill some DPS toon but it will triger RG. Taking it all in consideration I think his basic has lots of potential uses but is quite unreliable without potention mods.

That's kind of what I said myself earlier in this thread. :smile:
    Use it on Rey to give her -25% offense, and use it on those who don't have negative status modifiers to give 88 +20% damage. That's what I use it for. It's too unreliable for anything else, especially since the detonation os so extremely slow that the enemy it is plantet on will most likely be long dead when it explodes, if it even sticks to begin with.
    Putting potency on him might be worth it for raids, but not for anything else.
  • Options
    Hannle wrote: »
    Its 1 turn of the one applied to. so when you hit someone with detonator he will have 1 go and then next time before he can go it detonates. so they would all (or most of them) detonate at the same time

If you are playing a board game and someone finishes his move and hands you the dice is that your turn? If they accidentally hand them to wrong person, would you not say "excuse me, my turn was next". You wrote the awkward phrase "have 1 go", and you know the proper phrase is "take 1 turn".
    Other effects that state they last two turns, do exactly that. Negative status effects that are for two turns wear off after a character attacks twice, not three times. SMH
  • Options

Link?

Recent update they spoke to it when they addressed the equation change for potency and tenacity ( why they HECK couldn't they call it resists or saving throw?!?). Not defending it, just referencing it.

Personally I LOVE being able to mod up GMT and Magma and have them work. My empire team is semi workable now... Kinda cool. And I run Rex/QGJ for my primary raid team so it wasn't the end of the world to toss a couple of potency type mods on them.
  • Options
    Actually I found it they did affect his Potency. Before it was about 90 percent, now it is only like 25 percent. That is ridiculous!!!
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Try using scavenger with him...I seriously had 2 or more bombs on all 5 enemys...then detonated them...didn't kill everyone but killed 2 and left debuffs on the rest...the Jawa combo is gonna be crazy once maxed
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    Try using scavenger with him...I seriously had 2 or more bombs on all 5 enemys...then detonated them...didn't kill everyone but killed 2 and left debuffs on the rest...the Jawa combo is gonna be crazy once maxed

Jawas are the new meta
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Max10
    43 posts Member
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    Loose_Lee wrote: »

Jawas are the new meta

Just like in the actual Star Wars universe. That is what George Lucas had in mind was Jawas everywhere to bring balance to the force.