Whipit's guide to nerfing characters

13Next

Replies

• Options
    Leapster wrote: »
    lol this was worth every second of reading. Too funny and so many people so super serious still. Obviously a joke post written by one of the most helpful and insightful players on the forum who has been helping everyone with ideas, strats and team comps since the get-go and invested a lot of his own money to share those insights....
    If you want something of substance keep reading. If you were here for the joke skip to the next post :dizzy:

On a serious note: Let's try to address some of the same repeating problems spoken here and on many other gaming forums....
    • I think people need to slow down and relax.
      The game hasn't been out very long, you all act like you need to 7* max out every character in a day. Then OMG meta shifted and I "wasted" my time on that character instead of this new one etc... (No you now have a fully upgraded and geared character to use in various places and it might even receive a buff or fall back into the meta later on.)
    • Is no one planning to play this app or game long-term? You are not inventing or trying new stuff like those who are in the top tiers are. The guys creating those new Meta had to take a chance, level some character to max and hope their idea worked out... So yea if you are playing copy-cat the entire time and not inventing or spending your own efforts to find the new best team... you'll always be behind playing catch up.
    • People are still trying to shift from their last meta team to the "new meta" and you guys want more content to chase and try to catch up with? You'll be even farther behind asking for this new update... new chars, new meta shifts, new **** to farm... omg you just fell farther behind. AGAIN cause those P2P guys are already stocked up and ready to go dump tons of resources into the new stuff, while you're still playing catch-up.
    • The crying/whining etc seems a bit ridiculous, you gain nothing of substance from winning anything on any game... Even if you land #1 in arena and clear the GW etc etc each day... no tangible items, no food, shelter, clothing etc - Just enjoy it for what it is, for whatever you feel like putting into it. Only one person will be #1 and 1000's of others will be after that.
    • I get the point of "I invested money I want a fair deal (P2P) - and - I didn't spend money but I want a fair shot at being #1 too (F2P)" Welp guys it's an EA game... they've made plenty so far and each one is designed about maximizing profits through IAP and their games have always favored the spenders over the non-spenders... hell almost every game with any pay options in a f2p setup is the same way.
    • Also every game they have produced has had exploits, hacks and cheaters who have gained advantages and EA has never done much to address this but give out a small (something - crystals, cards, etc) for the rest of the population. In most cases they don't permaban unless it was really bad because of the money associated and the way they attached all of your games to one account. You will get locked from everything you've ever purchased causing them more problems than the small % of players in the game using those exploits/cheats. No it isn't fair, it isn't right but hell who are we kidding... NOTHING in this world is fair, right, or anything of the sort. Just look at reality around you... money is king and the more you have the better you get treated.
    • The only time I ever saw them even try to fix something was on Madden last Fall when the entire game got screwed by duplicates, hacks, auction bugs and a whole lot more. They tried a 3 day rollback (or something close to it) which just messed things up even further than if they left it alone. None of these issues are an easy fix in anyway.
    • Welcome to the world of gaming that has been created by the people who want instant-gratification, want "fair play" between paying and non, want to rush to level cap then complain about nothing to do... You'd be better off enjoying a color by numbers book because all you are chasing is to hit the next wall not enjoy the ride.
    • You can see the insane consumption of content on any game in any genre which is why we have systems like we do now and also don't receive completed/finished products. You don't want a finished complete product you need more more more and as broken products become fixed... you get "updates" to satisfy you're craving of new content to rush through.

Yes it takes time to adjust and rebuild new characters as they come out. There's been some great post on showing how long it takes to bring a character from 4*-7* by farming various places (Squad, Cantina, GW etc) You're looking at roughly 1 months time for any farmable character to go from 4* to 7* if you aren't spending a ton of money on crystals to refresh and even if you are, you still cap out at what is available to you daily.

Good post!
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Outstanding, just outstanding lol
    Well done!!!