How often do you beat galactic wars in a week

Replies

• Options
    1 times
    Maybe one a week. Maybe. It's ridiculous anymore. Guaranteed to face a fully geared Fives and Rex and various other whale toons. Unless you are an extremely patient free to play player that developed a very balanced roster at least three teams deep gw is freaking stupid right now.
    I am Darth Spartacus
  • Options
    7 times
    Galdin_Wan wrote: »
    I haven't lost it since the last update, and I get four or five maxed out teams every run.

Stuff like this:
    0_IMG_1290_zpsqaudruga.jpg

Yes I see half at least my GW like that.
  • Options
    7 times
    I'm a minority when it comes to this. I did not develope many healers and haven't been able to finish in quite a while.

Healers were my biggest problem too when I first started. All I had was Lumi and JC. I couldn't finish Gws at all. I was beyond frustrated to the point I almost quit. I decided to farm Baris and Daka and those 2 toons made a huge difference. I used to run three healers for Gws. Baris(L), Lumi, Daka and last two were damage dealers. It was slow but I beat it. Since then I haven't failed at a single GW and tomorrow will finally make my 150th one I've completed. But yes you bring up a good point about developing healers. They are extremely helpful in Galatic wars. The more healers you have will make your GW battles so much easier.
  • Options
    7 times
    Well most of these guys voting 7 are full of it. They are able to complete it because their arena power is high enough that they get 3* green geared opponents on node 12 and sometimes 11. Notice the guy who posted a screenshot only posted Node 11. That's because Node 12 is a freebie and he didn't want to show that.

Well pal, the rest of us have that Node 11 and that node AGAIN on node 12. If I had a free node 12, I would be able to complete 7 days too...

This argument makes no sense. I still have characters left when I beat node 11, and could do another fight against another maxed team.

However, if me and you switched draws that same team you can't beat on node 12 you wouldn't be able to beat on node 11, so you wouldn't even get as far as you're getting now.

• Options
    6 times
    When I don't finish 1 it's because I don't have the time in my life. It takes wayyy too long, but it's the only way to get credits. Them adding more credits to it was a joke. Yes I'm glad they did add more, but it's a joke the amount they added compared to the amount that is now needed to stay viable. Mods cost too much in cantina energy with the more often then not, NOT getting a mod and it costs too many credits to upgrade if I want to also try to upgrade characters or add gear or omegas.

They should double the amount they currently have in GW. That would give even more incentive for people to try to complete it. Otherwise it's tedious and boring. 2hrs a day is a waste of time.
  • Options
    Are you kidding me!
    I completed it every single time for about 4 months after I got Barriss to deal with the sheer number of Sidious' in every single team. But now since this change I haven't completed Node 12 even once. I usually get there with one team left and then get wiped without even getting an attack in. It's absolutely insane for them to think that we could beat a team of T10 and T11's with full protection and mod 5s. It's not challenging, it's impossible. And boring. And frustrating. And it's causing my guildies to drop like flies.
    "No reward is worth this!" - Han Solo
  • Options
    6 times
    Shockingly, I still haven't lost a GW for a very long time and these updates have done nothing to break my long-term winning streak (though they have made my experience immensely frustrating). However, it's such a chore I end up missing a day's GW each week simply because I can't be bothered.

So I win six every week.
    .GG Profile | Got spaces on my ally list.
  • Options
    7 times
    not sure what is going on then. I complete it every day (takes about 30 mins) I am level 80 but my max toon is 78 and my arena power is 27.5k I think they have changed the way Gw is calculated again. I do have a 12th node fully moded team every day. but I only ever lose 2 toons max. I run phasma lead, Rey, 88,ashoka and qgj.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    7 times
    Darthpippa wrote: »
    not sure what is going on then. I complete it every day (takes about 30 mins) I am level 80 but my max toon is 78 and my arena power is 27.5k I think they have changed the way Gw is calculated again. I do have a 12th node fully moded team every day. but I only ever lose 2 toons max. I run phasma lead, Rey, 88,ashoka and qgj.

Out of curiousity what power teams do u face at 27.5k ? At 34k i facd 40k+...

since mod nerf was 100% completion till today.. but that was because i ran into a nasty droid team.. rushed and didnt retreat when i should have done at node 9 so just didnt have enough in the tank when i got to 12
  • Options
    I don't even try anymore.
    I take what I can get, most days I finish, some end at node 11.

It stinks, but I've moved into the acceptance "well, this is what they've made it" phase.
  • Options
    7 times
    Dgreaser wrote: »
    All day every day except Mondays but twice on Tuesday's.

Lol. Yes!
  • Options
    7 times
    Saraleb wrote: »

Out of curiousity what power teams do u face at 27.5k ? At 34k i facd 40k+...

since mod nerf was 100% completion till today.. but that was because i ran into a nasty droid team.. rushed and didnt retreat when i should have done at node 9 so just didnt have enough in the tank when i got to 12

I'll check my node 12 in the morning I would post a screen shot but it's all done from my phone
  • Options
    7 times
    so at the time i voted, 66% of players on here say 5 or more days per week. Two-thirds of responses are having very little difficulty completing GW.

I am with the guy who said only lost 3 times, since december. Thats pretty accurate. And one of mine was last week like that poster as well.

It takes depth. I get through node 11 with one squad, because I built a healing team intentionally for this. Barris lead, QGJ, Lumi, Rey, and either FIves or Dooku, depending on the number of Jedi on the other team. Node 12 is always my hardest, 100% of the days and I use my B and C squads first before running my A squad. Rarely I will have to retreat on Node 11 with my A squad. 11 and 12 are fully modded every day.

Also I thought it was confirmed that GW is not based on Arena power as the very pervasive thought was, but on the top 5 toons in your inventory's power. Which would make more sense as to why depth, and relatively evenly powered depth, is so important. And my top 5 are 32k power, but I can run 3 teams of over 27k, for frame of reference. I am F2P. Maybe I just got lucky, but I have always tried to build for balance and depth, and made GW success my first priority due to the resources it holds.
  • Predian
    615 posts Member
    Options
    7 times
    I run Ima QGJ Aayla Barriss and Ahsoka. I plug in other Jedi (other than Anakin) until Ima himself dies..usually round 6 or 7. At that point I switch to Anakin leading 4 clones (Echo, Sarge, Rex, Fives) which usually takes me the rest of the way. If for some reason that fails I still have Rebels or a Phasma team. And Rey to plug in off the bench too.

I lost at GW the second day of Mods, but haven't lost otherwise in a very long time.
  • Options
    Everu day i cant finish GW
  • Options
    7 times
    Dgreaser wrote: »
    All day every day except Mondays but twice on Tuesday's.

True story, but now Tuesdays suck. Let's through in a raid that night too for good measure.
  • Options
    7 times
    It's stressful AF!
  • Options
    7 times
    Sitting at over 38k arena power, with top 5 toons ranging from power 7643 to 8140. I tend to bring different team compositions to start my GW; today was Phasma/Rey/QGJ/Geo/Leia. Worked fine until Node 11, for which I had to sub out a heavily damaged Phasma, QGJ and Geo for STHan, Fives and Teebo as lead.

Normal pattern is the battles are a breeze until Node 6, which is the first roadblock, usually housing a fully geared and modded team. My primary team will take some hits here and one or more will probably be lacking protection afterwards.

Nodes 7 and 8 will be all right again, and then Node 9 will be a killer team. Team will take more damage, possibly even take one into the yellow.

Node 10 is another moderate team. No slouch but not a death squad either.

Node 11 is the final hurdle, and the team sitting here is normally ferocious. I will usually substitute two or more guys for this node, and this is normally where my primary team kicks the bucket. Fortunately my roster has enough depth of quality that I can clear this easily enough with a backup team.

Node 12 is a freebie with green gear toons. Even if my team is hurting bad they will clear this in half a minute or less on auto.

It's a good challenge every day, and fun because of the opportunity to utilize more of my roster. The swings from weak to strong teams are also fine, giving me ample breathing room in between tough matches.

Even if Node 12 was just as tough I am confident that I could still bring enough power to bear to drag it down. Unless it's Ewoks. Man, I hate running into Ewoks in GW.
  • GodsNotDead_1
    111 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    7 times
    My arena team is only around 33K and I do face node 6 at level 80 gear 8+ and face from node 9 to 12 levels 80 gear 10-11 and fully mode, I am a FTP and have around 4 teams, I use my teams in the first 4 nodes to gain som TM and go from there. I mainly use my droid team and if I need a change I use the Jedi or Phasma teams depending on my opponent, I mix them some times if needed and I retreat 2 or 3 times per GW , I have not fail GW in a couple of weeks and node 12 is super hard l, and overwhelming, I always use 2 or 3 teams to get them, but to me is still doable and as a FTP I need the credits, an I takes me between 30 min to an hour
  • Options
    I can finish it but the time investment isn't worth it.
  • Options
    7 times
    Moe_Betta wrote: »
    I finish it 7 times a week via pigheaded stubbornness paired with a deep, soul-sucking need for credits. Sometimes that means committing 2-3 hours (which is absurd) and countless retreats. Do I like it? NO. Will I continue to do it? As long as it is the only viable/steady avenue to credits, YES.

Yesterday was guild day. 3 hours, I finished 2 GWs. After reset, finished the 3rd in less than an hour. I agree totally with you. Why the censored is a daily event more of a grind than specific raids or weekly/monthly events?

• Options
    7 times
    so update to question asked earlier... my arena team 27.8k my final node is 34.5k but very beatable.
  • Options
    Are you kidding me!
    Thanks to modded op teams I cannot finish anymore. Got so far my arena team full modded by it's just impossible.
  • Deist
    110 posts Member
    Options
    7 times
    slothe wrote: »
    How many of you who say you beat it everyday face multiple maxed out whale accounts? Nodes 9, 10, 11, and 12. Node 6 is tough, but doable.

It's jacked up. Maybe not for you because your power isn't high enough yet, but it's definitely destroyed.

I face whales in nodes 6-12, lol.

Not sure they are whales but fully modded definitely
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    7 times

27.5k seems very low for a level 80 player. Did you keep it low on purpose in order to finish GW ?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    7 times
    leef wrote: »

27.5k seems very low for a level 80 player. Did you keep it low on purpose in order to finish GW ?

I've not kept it low on purpose as such I've just kept my team balanced from the off. so I have 42 toons that are between levels 64 and 78. none of my gear is above level 8. I then have a further 22 toons between levels 40 and 59 who I am currently working on brining up.

my 27.8k arena team sits happily in the 90 - 150 range just doing my 5 battles per day. I haven't switched my arena team I ages. it happily ticks over while I gain the credits and gear etc to bring those lower level up.

I complete all challenges everyday and occasionally use my crystals to buy extra cantina or energy if I'm close to getting the gear I need or a person leveled up from cantina energy. I did send money when the mods came out but I don't have like super mods or anything. got some 5th tier mods but I didn't really pay attention to what attributes they had.
  • Options
    This poll is not even accurate. Those 200+ who says 7 times a week are either high paying whales or lack the power to matter.
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Options
    Once, maybe twice if I'm lucky. Facing at least 4 max modded teams is no joke. I have my own mods, but I don't have 4 teams (i.e. 20 toons) filled with 5* mods, which is what I would need to win. Arena power 38k, for what it's worth.
  • Darthpippa
    521 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    7 times
    This poll is not even accurate. Those 200+ who says 7 times a week are either high paying whales or lack the power to matter.

lack the power to matter to who...

who are you saying the precise people that are effected are then... cause if it's OK for whales and it's OK for ftp... what margin is it effecting?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    7 times
    @darthpippa , okay nice. Personally i gave priority to my arena team in order to get more crystals. I never neglected my GW characters though, so i've been able to finish GW aswell.

Why would that make the poll unaccurate ? Would it only be more accurate if the people who are having trouble with GW were able to vote ? And do you seriously think that more than half of the players that voted are high paying whales or dont have the arena power to matter ? Seems to me your statement about it not being accurate is more unaccurate than the poll results.
    FYI, i'm f2p, 37950 arena power, and i finish GW all day every day.
    Save water, drink champagne!