Anybody Else Stop Farming Mods?

Replies

• Options
    Manowar wrote: »
    I do a couple mod challenges a day in slim hopes for a lucky draw. But truthfully there's no credits left if I wanted to upgrade a new mod. So back to Jawa shards it is. My Jawa team will wreck you all in 3 years!...

They will nerf them 6 times by then :smile:
  • Options
    I stopped as well. I'm still debating on stoping the game altogether. There are better things to spend my time and money on.
  • Options
    Yes, I have stopped at least until I can be reasonably sure that what I spend my energy on is what I am going to receive and be able to keep.

I do spend the minimum credits on upgrading the least expensive mod ONE time each day so I can still get my omega for completing dailies.
  • Apo
    60 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Manowar wrote: »
    So back to Jawa shards it is. My Jawa team will wreck you all in 3 years!...
    LMAO
  • Options
    yes...Lobot and Lando farmlife...mods nah.
  • Options
    I have been mostly farming but I do occasionally roll for Mods here and there to slowly complete my Arena team at minimum and then I'll slowly rank up those Mods although I'm in no rush because luckily, many of the heavy hitters left the shard and abandoned their characters so I've been holding in the 50's with my two characters without even completing all 5 rounds of Arena daily. I just play my three rounds for my daily bonus in the morning and then I don't look at it again until the following morning. Arena has become much more fun without all my competition knocking me down levels, thanks EA!!!
  • Necrobile
    58 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I stopped farming mods after running each stage once just to unlock them. I honestly have no desire to farm for mods period, I don't want them in the game. I hated farming runes in Summoners War, so I won't do it here. I also hate sharing cantina energy, because I'm still working on 7*'ing Bariss. To me, characters > mods.

If that though-process means the game will become unplayable for me in the future, so be it.
  • KyloRey
    871 posts Member
    Options
    I am probably going to limit my mod farming two 2 sims a day now. Need to farm Lando shards for the Scoundrel event and also to get Critical Chance mods eventually.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    I stopped. Went back to Lando.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • JJWZP5
    440 posts Member
    Options
    After 100% drop rate was nerfed I haven't farmed a single mod
  • Options
    I stopped when they removed 100% drop rate. Luckily I had done 3 refreshes the two days before they nerfed them.

I still have quite a few 4-5* unleveled mods. They may not be the greatest but they help. Plus I don't have the credits to level them anyway. I'm farming Lando and the jawas
  • Options
    Stopped as well, just farming my dream team now until i get bored and then I'll uninstall. Too much grind now, already play way less and don't care about arena
  • Options
    Even though it's very tempting to get Hondo, Londo, Hans Landa and Honda-shards, i am still chasing after that final elusive Mod with the correct stat-distribution.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Even though it's very tempting to get Hondo, Londo, Hans Landa and Honda-shards, i am still chasing after that final elusive Mod with the correct stat-distribution.

HAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, you are cracking me up lately!
  • Youthv2
    270 posts Member
    Options
    Shards>mods
    ~Y O U T H v2
    Guild: Paradigm of Virtue (PoV)
    Line: GohYouth
  • Chewplebcca
    774 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    , do you really have enough credits to level up all these mods? Hell no...

I don't understand this "credit crunch" that people are talking about. I'm leveling up at least one level 5 mod to max everyday. There's a plethora of ways to make money in this game now. Hell, you can even sell the mods you don't want lol

• jarael
    107 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    i stopped the moment the drop rate wasn't 100%
  • Options
    Stopped farming mods need character shards for characters i cant afford to star or level

Only spending energy to help my guild get coins

My entire roster is stagnating
  • Options
    Palanthian wrote: »
    Stopped, not worth it. At least I get character shards I can use, wasting 16 energy on a small chance for a 3* or 4* instead of a 5* is a gamble too far.

@EA_Jesse you balanced mod power, now balance mod availability.

And balance the cost to level a Mod or add a way to earn about another 1M credits per day so we can actually level what we farm.
  • Options
    I had to. No credits to level them so why farm them?
  • EkoDroid
    152 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I wish I could stop, but Arena top 10 and even top 20 is ruled by mods now. I have to catch up to the 7-8 peeps with heavily modded squads asap. I see no other choice.. if I give up in arena, there is no more fun for me in this game. Besides activities, ALL my resources go to mods right now. I feel like I am wasting millions, and gambling for scraps, but it also feels like I am starving and can never get enough.. a catch 22 every time I see 16 available cantina energy, or about 100,000 credits. I have 3 characters to promote, and at lvl 65 a few of my arena squad to level up at 100k per level. Between mods, promotion and leveling, using credits is a real tough choice for me. But stopping getting mods only means it's time to finish leveling them! I see no credit relief for me in the near future. Watto had it right, credits are no good out here. Good luck!
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    I stopped. After getting a general amount of mods to gear my guys, it no longer made sense chasing particular stats due to the terrible drop rate. I'd rather put my crystals towards buying them outright from the shop as I'm sure to actually spend less that way and get a better value.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Yudoka wrote: »
    I stopped. After getting a general amount of mods to gear my guys, it no longer made sense chasing particular stats due to the terrible drop rate. I'd rather put my crystals towards buying them outright from the shop as I'm sure to actually spend less that way and get a better value.

With the exception that they're a terrible value from the shop....
  • Options
    Stopped, not worth it. At least I get character shards I can use, wasting 16 energy on a small chance for a 3* or 4* instead of a 5* is a gamble too far.

I stopped because anything not called speed isn't worth much
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Tommylew
    144 posts Member
    Options
    Stopped already! Mods are a massive con to make people spend more money but seeing that on Apple top grossing its dropped from being around top 10 to 45th I'm guessing them being stubborn and not helping the players is screwing them over money income! I'm so happy about that players are sticking to their guns and letting it drop so much! Serves them right for trying to milk whales for all they had!
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    pac0naut wrote: »
    Yudoka wrote: »

With the exception that they're a terrible value from the shop....

@pac0naut

They're really not. Not given our other options. Let's say I want a slot 2 mod with Speed as the main stat. Farming that from battles will take well above two refreshes (200 crystals) between the general bad drop rate of getting anything at all and then the added RNG of actually getting the stat you want. I know. I've blown through hundreds of energy for zero gain.

And Challenges offer higher ranked mods but there it's even worse as the cost per attempt is 60% higher and you can't even aim for a particular slot. You need slot 2? Good luck, because there are 5 other slots that can show up (again, if at all), plus a particular stat for the slot you actually want.

Add to all that the fact that you can't get above D quality in battles and even more RNG in challenges, and it gets way worse.

By contrast, the other day I saw a slot 2 B quality 1* mod with the speed bonus as the main stat for 134 crystals. There's absolutely no way I'd be able to spend that little in either Battles of Challenges to get something like that. I'd much prefer to drop a few hundred crystals to get exactly what I want then to keep pulling that lever hoping for the cherries to show up.

If you have the math to show that playing the RNG game actually yields better rewards, I'd be happy to read it. I love numbers!
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Options
    I got characters to farm, I'm still in the top 50 in arena, still can't beat GW, already got potency mods for teebo, I'm fine without farming for more
  • DarthMasterShawn
    3064 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

They nerfed the availability and cost in response to the outcry. Now they are nerfed atop of it. Leave it as is I say. It stinks, but hey not fair to nerf them on us then let everyone get them easy. My days of hoarding energy and well over a week on creds plus the 2 vaults I spent to farm and level need to give me something. The product I bought was nerfed to death, at least let the fact I got numerical advantage quantity wise stay. Not to be a **** here but maybe if people gave it more than a couple hours before crying the sky is falling such drastic actions would not have come to be. Have to live with it now.

They needed adjustment, not being destroyed. The availability and cost was fine as it was, but the sky is falling complainers caused the easiest response, change how easy they drop and cost. Step 2 fix took a bit longer, change their impact. You asked, they listened, now deal.

****For the record I do not like the huge RNG and now cost increase in them. I hate it. Why I have this stance is simple. I'm tired of working for something, and spending for things in this game to have them change it because people cry and cry and kick and scream til they get their way. I'm hoping this way overboard by them response makes people think twice before they cry and say the sky is falling hours after a change is made.*****
  • Options
    I'd rather have more characters that I can't afford to level up than mods that I can't afford to level up, so I'm mostly doing shard farming. Working on Windu (87/100) at the moment.
    However, the mod battles are new content which is always welcome, and are starting to get interesting on level 7 so I sometimes go and 3* a couple nodes for fun.
    Plus my VIII Teebo is abysmal at removing TM in the Pit raid, so I tried to mod him up with some 1-2* potency mods today ... it worked a little bit.