13Next

Replies

• Options
    Not buying mods.
  • Options
    Yudoka wrote: »
    pac0naut wrote: »
    I stopped. After getting a general amount of mods to gear my guys, it no longer made sense chasing particular stats due to the terrible drop rate. I'd rather put my crystals towards buying them outright from the shop as I'm sure to actually spend less that way and get a better value.

With the exception that they're a terrible value from the shop....

@pac0naut

They're really not. Not given our other options. Let's say I want a slot 2 mod with Speed as the main stat. Farming that from battles will take well above two refreshes (200 crystals) between the general bad drop rate of getting anything at all and then the added RNG of actually getting the stat you want. I know. I've blown through hundreds of energy for zero gain.

And Challenges offer higher ranked mods but there it's even worse as the cost per attempt is 60% higher and you can't even aim for a particular slot. You need slot 2? Good luck, because there are 5 other slots that can show up (again, if at all), plus a particular stat for the slot you actually want.

Add to all that the fact that you can't get above D quality in battles and even more RNG in challenges, and it gets way worse.

By contrast, the other day I saw a slot 2 B quality 1* mod with the speed bonus as the main stat for 134 crystals. There's absolutely no way I'd be able to spend that little in either Battles of Challenges to get something like that. I'd much prefer to drop a few hundred crystals to get exactly what I want then to keep pulling that lever hoping for the cherries to show up.

If you have the math to show that playing the RNG game actually yields better rewards, I'd be happy to read it. I love numbers!

I gotta agree I used my arena winnings and got a +19 and +16 speed one. Not a bad value. Granted they were like 2-3*, but you know what? for under 500 crystals I can increase 2 characters speed by a decent chunk.
  • EkoDroid
    152 posts Member
    Options
    Even though it's very tempting to get Hondo, Londo, Hans Landa and Honda-shards, i am still chasing after that final elusive Mod with the correct stat-distribution.

You are already chasing a final mod..

This is what I am talking about when I say it is a catch 22 for anyone f2p at the top of the arena. I have no choice but to gobble up mods as fast as I can until I have at least enough dots, then spread them as best I can. The 6 different pieces is the killer for me, the round one and the plus symbol are hard for me to get.. what I am hating, like real hate, is going through all 30 pieces and dividing the credits for max leveling. THAT is true "Grinding" and grueling watching credits disappear so blindingly fast. peace
  • bologne
    141 posts Member
    Options
    I won't stop farming mods until I have 5 speed primaries
  • bologne
    141 posts Member
    Options
    I'm at 3 now
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    Options
    I stopped. After getting a general amount of mods to gear my guys, it no longer made sense chasing particular stats due to the terrible drop rate. I'd rather put my crystals towards buying them outright from the shop as I'm sure to actually spend less that way and get a better value.

@pac0naut

They're really not. Not given our other options. Let's say I want a slot 2 mod with Speed as the main stat. Farming that from battles will take well above two refreshes (200 crystals) between the general bad drop rate of getting anything at all and then the added RNG of actually getting the stat you want. I know. I've blown through hundreds of energy for zero gain.

And Challenges offer higher ranked mods but there it's even worse as the cost per attempt is 60% higher and you can't even aim for a particular slot. You need slot 2? Good luck, because there are 5 other slots that can show up (again, if at all), plus a particular stat for the slot you actually want.

Add to all that the fact that you can't get above D quality in battles and even more RNG in challenges, and it gets way worse.

By contrast, the other day I saw a slot 2 B quality 1* mod with the speed bonus as the main stat for 134 crystals. There's absolutely no way I'd be able to spend that little in either Battles of Challenges to get something like that. I'd much prefer to drop a few hundred crystals to get exactly what I want then to keep pulling that lever hoping for the cherries to show up.

If you have the math to show that playing the RNG game actually yields better rewards, I'd be happy to read it. I love numbers!

I gotta agree I used my arena winnings and got a +19 and +16 speed one. Not a bad value. Granted they were like 2-3*, but you know what? for under 500 crystals I can increase 2 characters speed by a decent chunk.

Yup. 5* Tenacity isn't going to do much for you if you're looking for Speed or Damage.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • DarthMasterShawn
    3064 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

@pac0naut

Yup. 5* Tenacity isn't going to do much for you if you're looking for Speed or Damage.

I check the shop all the time. I can't say I buy often, but if I see a speed primary it is coming to me,lol. How do you make Sun Fac more annoying than he is? Make him fast and hit hard ;)
  • Kamiri
    35 posts Member
    Options
    I stopped. They aren't worth the credits required to level them at all and the drop rate is abysmal.
  • Options
    I stopped farmig mods and went back to farming shards. My hope is they fix the system, and I don't want to have wasted a ton of cantina energy.
  • Max10
    43 posts Member
    Options
    Farming RG. Chance of actually getting what I want. Mods are a distraction to slow us down.