GW is perfect as it is right now! Finally not just full "auto-attack" or SIM

Prev13
I just don't get it, why everybody is complaining about GW. It SHOULD be challenging. Just pressing "SIM" like the rest of this game (except arena and Raid) is not the best way to enjoy a game at all.

Finish GW 7 times a week can be doable. YES it is challenging. YES you need a good tactic. YES you sometimes need to sacrifice a low-lvl team just to lure out the buffs of the enemy team before engaging with your main team. BUT it is not boring. It makes fun. It is what I expect from a game.

Replies

• Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    And your level is?
    Arena team power?
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    Ztyle wrote: »
    And your level is?
    Arena team power?

• Options
    Clearly you are not facing the fully modded and geared arena meta squads the rest of us are.

There is definitely a problem when you get matchmade against multiple teams which are an entire gear level higher than your best squad, which is common for a lot of players.
  • Salty01
    105 posts Member
    Options
    I am curious to hear your level and arena power as well. Something tells me your arena power is not 38k plus. If it's not, please zip it, as you have absolutely no idea what other people are dealing with.
  • detku
    3 posts Member
    Options
    Monobrow wrote: »
    Ztyle wrote: »
    And your level is?
    Arena team power?

+1 cant finish when mods came out from 78 lvl, now im on 79 and cant wait to see what happen when i reach 80, i wonder if i will be able to do half of it
  • Gankak
    226 posts Member
    Options
    Trolls gonna troll
  • Options
    Trolls don't live under bridges, they live in mom's basement...
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • DonHaensl
    49 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I am lvl 80. My arena power is 39128

twH6wKh.png

I really don't want to troll here. But I like challenges and I think this whole game turned way too easy as most of the daily things I loved while leveling became so easy that you can just "sim" everything now. Just check out the poll some posts ago. Most of the folks can do 7 GW finishes a week. I really don't say it´s easy. But I think it should be challenging. Perhaps with more credits as driver, but not *much* easier imho
  • Options
    Agreed with OP, Suprisely GW becomes a little easier after the MOD update, now I don't even need to use B team to do the first 6 nodes. Just use my A team to smash 11 nodes and still have the last node benefit.

I'm level 80 since end of May, arena power 39k
  • Options
    Well in that case you are one of the lucky ones - most players are still struggling immensely and getting multiple opponents far beyond them.
  • MarmotaMonax
    251 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    DjangoQuik wrote: »
    Well in that case you are one of the lucky ones - most players are still struggling immensely and getting multiple opponents far beyond them.

Thats just not true if you look at this thread:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/56899/how-often-do-you-beat-galactic-wars-in-a-week/p1

Most players still clear GW every day.
  • Options
    Yesterday, I lost GW for the first time since February. Like always, my nodes 6,9,10,11,12 were very tough, but node 11 was beyond ridiculous. It was fully geared level 80 Phasma lead/QGJ/Rey/RG/STH. They decimated my roster. By the time I made it to node 12 I only had a fraction of my roster. Had nodes 11 and 12 been switched I would have won.

I'm not complaining about losing, it sucks but it happens. What I don't like is the hours that it takes to complete GW. There's challenging and there's frustrating. GW crossed that line on the previous update and mods made it worse. I play the game to have fun, and a challenge can be fun, but GW isn't fun. If it wasn't critical to get the resources I wouldn't do it anymore.
  • Options

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/56899/how-often-do-you-beat-galactic-wars-in-a-week/p1

Yeah and just about ALL of those guys saying 7 are not facing leveled squads at Nodes 11 and 12. They are facing 3* green geared teams. So GW is easy for them. If your Arena Power is above 37K you get easy nodes on node 11 and 12.

I would complete it everyday if I had that. Those guys aren't getting a challenging squad that is 115% above their power, because there are no squads that high.

Before you make claims like that, you might want to understand how they are actually finishing. Their fully modded teams are the ones the rest of us get on Node 12 that we can't beat.

So the 1% can finish GW, the other 99% cant.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    Node 9:
    Old Ben, RG, Rey, QGJ, GS
    Node 10:
    Phasma, IG86, GS, Rey, QGJ
    Node 11:
    Rex, RG, Rey, QGJ, 5s
    Node 12:
    Anakin, Aayla, RG, Sun Fac, 5s

Yea, so fun!

658.png
  • Options
    I've beat it everyday since the mods. It's not overly hard, but retreating starting in node 6 to get the RNG just right takes too long and is boring
  • Options
    Yeah ok, should be challenging and all.. However shouldn't they offer a much better reward though? Since I usually spend 40 minutes sittin there with my face melting from boredom. I'm sure if they offered a million credits people wouldn't complain as much about not finishing it.. And they would instead ask for how to make a better galactic war team.
  • Options
    Gankak wrote: »
    Trolls gonna troll

He is busy playing games
  • Options
    Yeah and just about ALL of those guys saying 7 are not facing leveled squads at Nodes 11 and 12. They are facing 3* green geared teams. So GW is easy for them. If your Arena Power is above 37K you get easy nodes on node 11 and 12.

I would complete it everyday if I had that. Those guys aren't getting a challenging squad that is 115% above their power, because there are no squads that high.

Before you make claims like that, you might want to understand how they are actually finishing. Their fully modded teams are the ones the rest of us get on Node 12 that we can't beat.

That is just not true either. I belong to those people who easily clear gw every day and I didn't had any low level teams at node 11/12 since the recent update. Actually, my last nodes usually have max equipped/modded teams with something like obi wan (L), st han, sun fac, rey, leia.

I am aware that difficulty varies throughout the playerbase but you again make wrong statements like 99% are struggling in gw, ALL people who beat gw are only doing so because of the last nodes etc. That is just wrong.

Fact is: Most of the playerbase clear gw every day so it can not be very difficult for most of the playerbase

• Pierce
    38 posts Member
    Options
    DonHaensl wrote: »
    I just don't get it, why everybody is complaining about GW. It SHOULD be challenging. Just pressing "SIM" like the rest of this game (except arena and Raid) is not the best way to enjoy a game at all.

Finish GW 7 times a week can be doable. YES it is challenging. YES you need a good tactic. YES you sometimes need to sacrifice a low-lvl team just to lure out the buffs of the enemy team before engaging with your main team. BUT it is not boring. It makes fun. It is what I expect from a game.

I'm sorry, no. Challenging is one thing, losing my ENTIRE TEAM before I am even able to take a turn is ridiculous.

You can't be that naive. I have to think you are an EA employee or something trying to do damage control .
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    What makes me laugh is countless threads saying mods since the nerf are useless and not worth it..... yet when people complain about GW everytime the term is used 'fully modded teams'... surely both cant be right
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Saraleb wrote: »
    What makes me laugh is countless threads saying mods since the nerf are useless and not worth it..... yet when people complain about GW everytime the term is used 'fully modded teams'... surely both cant be right

They use the term fully modded as an excuse. GW may or may not be too hard, but mods are the worst value in the game. Mods also completely miss the mark for customization. Speed and crit damage are the strongest by far. As people get those, you will see a meta shift back to first to shoot wins, and one shot kills. It's really too bad...
  • DjangoQuik
    863 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

A poll with less than 300 answers on a forum frequented by <5% of the playerbase is not even remotely representative of the wider playerbase.

And even amongst those in that poll that said they clear it every day, many said it is a struggle and sometimes takes hours of retreating and retrying.

Your and a number of others' few anecdotal experiences of it being 'perfect' or even 'easy' are welcome news that not everyone is having a **** show of GW all the time but there is also well enough anecdotal evidence of people with <35k max power on a single squad facing multiple squads of >40k power that I can comfortably assert that there is a problem with GW matchmaking.

Now, I'm not saying you or anyone else is a liar - all I'm saying is that many players' experiences do not match your own. There have always been players on the lucky end of the matchmaking stick (I used to be one of them) but that is very far from being able to say it is fine for everyone.
  • Options

That is just not true either. I belong to those people who easily clear gw every day and I didn't had any low level teams at node 11/12 since the recent update. Actually, my last nodes usually have max equipped/modded teams with something like obi wan (L), st han, sun fac, rey, leia.

I am aware that difficulty varies throughout the playerbase but you again make wrong statements like 99% are struggling in gw, ALL people who beat gw are only doing so because of the last nodes etc. That is just wrong.

Fact is: Most of the playerbase clear gw every day so it can not be very difficult for most of the playerbase

Clearly when I was referring to the 1%/99% it was a reference to the big spenders getting the free pass while everyone else doesn't. Sure there are a ton of lower level and new players that can complete GW. But once you get to max level and 29K arena power, you are no longer able to complete it, UNLESS you have spend a ton and have a mega deep bench. Lower level people can easily farm GW for chars, and they get ALL the credits to advance their team, while those in that 29-36K power range are not able to do those things. Their progress has dropped drastically. They don't get the extra 400 GW credits at Node 12, or the crystals or the credits.

If everyone else is saying they get them easily, and you get them maybe 1 out of 10 days, wouldn't you be irritated about it too?

Their matching algorithm is so bad, they didn't take into account that as arena power grows with leveling/stars until you hit about 29-30K. To get beyond that requires GEAR. However Gear more than doubles the effective power of the toon. So 5 gear 10 guys are always going to beat 5 gear 8 guys, just as 5 gear 11/10 guys are always going to beat 5 guys gear 9(if you have 5 at gear 9).

Yet they use a % above to determine opponent. Sure at Arena Power 20K you are only facing someone 23K, yeah no problem, but at Power 30K you are now facing 34.5K, That's more than 1.5x the distance in power. If that same 30K team got a Node 12 of 33K(3K more like at 20K power) dont you think they may have a chance?

Now at arena power 36K, you get node 12 at 41.4K A difference of 5.4K nearly TWICE the distance in power as level 20. The problem is that since the power doesn't grow linearly as gear is added a percentage base is bad. The should make Node 12 your Power + a static number say 3K.

It would still provide a challenge and be within the realm of possible.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    I have had a max arena of 34k power (but lowered since as team changed) and from node 9 (but usually just 11 and 12) face 40k+.... yet i have beat GW every day since the mod nerf... yes it can be frustrating but i have found it fun (to an extent) of finding right team(s) to complete it.... and then comes the very good sense of an accomplishment
  • MarmotaMonax
    251 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

A poll with less than 300 answers on a forum frequented by <5% of the playerbase is not even remotely representative of the wider playerbase.

And even amongst those in that poll that said they clear it every day, many said it is a struggle and sometimes takes hours of retreating and retrying.

Your and a number of others' few anecdotal experiences of it being 'perfect' or even 'easy' are welcome news that not everyone is having a **** show of GW all the time but there is also well enough anecdotal evidence of people with <35k max power on a single squad facing multiple squads of >40k power that I can comfortably assert that there is a problem with GW matchmaking.

Now, I'm not saying you or anyone else is a liar - all I'm saying is that many players' experiences do not match your own. There have always been players on the lucky end of the matchmaking stick (I used to be one of them) but that is very far from being able to say it is fine for everyone.

You can either believe a poll with several hundred votes or your own anecdotal experiences.. I guess in the end you will believe what you want.

Personally, I think polls are more representative than a few people who cry the loudest. It will always be the more unsatisfied people who are ranting on a forum.
  • Options
    @BradGoodyear

I also think the matching algorithm is bad, especially since character power values in no way reflect the true characters power. Mods are not correctly reflected in power either. If you farmed the wrong characters then it is very possible to be in a dead end where you can not finish gw anymore which then stops your whole progress. I happily admit that there are some flaws in the system and I am glad that you also see that you are in a minrotiy with these problems.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    The issue for me isn't the difficulty (although sometimes it is)....the issue is it takes a LOT of us an hour plus to complete. GW took me EXACTLY 1 hour this morning. I don't even wait for after guild reset anymore because I don't want to be that frustrated when I come home from work playing this mess.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Geddre
    224 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    What I don't like is the hours that it takes to complete GW. There's challenging and there's frustrating. GW crossed that line on the previous update and mods made it worse. I play the game to have fun, and a challenge can be fun, but GW isn't fun. If it wasn't critical to get the resources I wouldn't do it anymore.

This. Some of you need to be reminded constantly it seems... IT'S A MOBILE GAME. Ithe should NOT take over an hour to complete a single area of the playing options per day. And an hour is FAST for most of us. Progression should continue at a reasonable pace even at high levels. It's not like we're running out of characters to level. Even whales have dozens of characters just sitting there because they can't afford to be leveled.

Not to mention, balance is a JOKE. Why am I... someone paying 200k per level to level my characters... getting 550k per clearing, doing something that takes a couple dozen high level high gear characters... getting the same amount of credits as the person who it only costs 50k to level a character per level?
    Post edited by Geddre on
  • darkensoul
    1309 posts Member
    Options
    Troll ~