how to track coins?

There are two places to track my coin production: guild--->manage and activities--->guild activities
I make 600 coins daily. Right now in activities--->guild activities I see 600/600:
coins_activities.png
But when I go to guild--->manage, I see 492:
coins_managed.png
What is causing the difference? How is this number tracked?

Replies

• Options
    It's broken and needs fixed
  • StarSon
    7491 posts Member
    Options
    I think they are just on different timers. The one in the guild activities screen resets at guild reset time (1930), and the other ... well, I don't know when it resets, because right now the second number for me says 100, even though I have spent about 350 since daily reset.
  • ShatterlingPurslane
    493 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Different timers? That might be the case if I hadn't seen a 1-on-1 match between these two numbers before - still after the update that removed the daily 600 coins from where it used to be.
    But different timers doesn't make sense. There's absolutely nothing to be gained from that. Coins are added at guild reset, so why should there be different timers? (and at guild reset, all daily coins are reset to 0 in both these screens!)
    And how are you supposed to see how many coins someone made? I check it at 6:15 pm, but if I can't trust these numbers because of whatever reason, then what use do they have?
    Daily donations and life time donations are real time and I'm 100% sure coins were working like that too, in the past days, although I'm not sure it was correct for everyone (because I can of course only directly compare my own contributions).
  • StarSon
    7491 posts Member
    Options
    Not saying right or wrong, but when I had looked in the past I got the feeling that it was different timers, hence different values.

But now I'm with other dude, and think they're just broken. Just one more item in a long list of things the developers will never explain, nor acknowledge, likely.
  • gobears21
    1265 posts Member
    Options
    This a broken system, another thing not tested or thought out. Having it reset with the guild is counter productive to maximizing your guild activities. This needs to change but I'm sure they're working on fixing chat first :/
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Not saying right or wrong, but when I had looked in the past I got the feeling that it was different timers, hence different values.
    Yes, that's right. Coins used to be added "at login tomorrow" (who knows what that means? No no, let's not go there) and clearly linked to as many different timers as the number of time zones in your guild.
    This new approach should have fixed that. And it was working.
    Clearly it is broken now, that's why I post about it. I'm still naive enough to think it makes a difference if someone actually posts these issues instead of immediately stepping into rage mode. (But it's funny (irony) how with all the effort I and others put in posting these issues in a calm way, it's the aggro's that get the attention.)

• IvoB1987
    495 posts Member
    Options
    The second one is I think how much is 'cashed in'. like how many of your coins have been added to the guilds coins so probably the amount of yesterday
  • Options
    IvoB1987 wrote: »
    probably the amount of yesterday
    That's not possible. Yesterday I had 600/600 too.
    And in the days after this change to coins was made, I checked it very often and my energy was added real time to both daily and lifetime coins. Just like donations.
  • LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure the devs are looking into this. I can tell you what I've observed.

My guild reset is 7:30pm EST, my personal daily reset is 3:00am EST. on the activity screen, all energy I use always shows up. On the guild manage screen, only energy spent between guild reset and my personal reset is added. We just started tracking to see which rolls into the actual guild accrual. But yes, the system either has a visual bug, or is actually not collecting correctly
  • Nightlores
    1608 posts Member
    Options
    For me it's showing correctly for a change. It uses the guild reset.
  • Options
    Opusone wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the devs are looking into this.
    Do you know this? I haven't seen anything that even shows they're aware that there may be issues here. (Would like to see a source if you have one.)
    My guild reset is 7:30pm EST, my personal daily reset is 3:00am EST.
    Your personal reset? Could you elaborate? Do you mean that your local midnight is equivalent to 3 am EST and you are in another time zone than EST? (Otherwise I'm not sure what "personal reset" is.)
    on the activity screen, all energy I use always shows up. On the guild manage screen, only energy spent between guild reset and my personal reset is added.
    That is good information, thanks. Will check to see if this is what happens.

• LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    Yes the local midnight equivalent. Your personal daily reset. Yes I'm in a different time zone but wanted to keep time references in same time zone to cut down confusion
  • Options
    Thanks a lot Opusone!
  • Options
    I'd like to see a weekly and monthly contribution filter.
  • Options
    I'd like to see a weekly and monthly contribution filter.
    That's really not the topic here.

• Options
    Just had the guild reset, it's still before local midnight, spend some energy and the numbers match right now.
    Seems Opusone is right on the spot.