Debunking Rumors

Replies

• Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Laureano33 wrote: »
    In addition fix Greedos critical hits, I see the AI critical hits /damage proc go off more than his even though his is much higher than most.

This certainly is an ironic post in a thread where the OP explicitly debunks the AI advantage rumour...

RNG will be RNG.
  • Options
    @Nonemo
    Shows how much people "read". Same for 50% of the complaints here that could have been avoided with some minimal reading skills. Must be fun to be a developer and reading questions after you just made a topic to answer those questions. It also gets harder to seperate the trolls from the legit posts.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    @Nonemo
    Shows how much people "read". Same for 50% of the complaints here that could have been avoided with some minimal reading skills. Must be fun to be a developer and reading questions after you just made a topic to answer those questions. It also gets harder to seperate the trolls from the legit posts.

Yep. I've decided that if I ever become a game developer I'm gonna be the evil kind who doesn't even try to interact with the fan base. That'll be much easier on my blood pressure.
  • Options
    It's nice to hear feedback from EA/CG. With the pricing in this game being so high, you'd figure a guy would be giving weekly updates so to see some info is a step in the right direction. EA/CG definitely needs to have a greater presence here in the forum....
  • MoonHunt
    19 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Thanks for good work!

I am enjoying the game without any complaint so far.

Drop rate -- hot or cold does not matter, people have the same, given you are telling the truth, and I don't have anything not to believe you.

Display issue -- nah nvm.

AI advantages -- they are AI anw, for sure I don't wanna be stupidier than an AI.

Cheaters -- don't care much, those who cheat quit very soon (like I cheated in PC games =))

Looking forward to the new update.
  • Options
    It's nice to hear feedback from EA/CG. With the pricing in this game being so high, you'd figure a guy would be giving weekly updates so to see some info is a step in the right direction. EA/CG definitely needs to have a greater presence here in the forum....

They are fairly visible in this forum. They don't post at specific times, but they do answer questions and reply to threads when they can. I've seen plenty of games where the devs/CS team never reply, post, or generally seem to exist. Would I like to see a monthly Q&A or some other scheduled interaction? Sure. But this is still a very new game and I suspect they are very busy and not yet into routines. Yet they still find time to address issues, answer important questions, dispel rumors, and be as active in the community as they can. I suspect they will get more active as time goes by and some of the persistent issues are fixed. If they disappear, then I think we could criticize them more.

• Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah this is actually the first game I've played where it's relatively easy to get a communication with devs. I very much respect that and don't take it for granted. And a part of me is worried that the amount of stupid posts will make devs less willing to interact in the future. Ultimately, the only thing one can do is try to help out to raise the overall level of awareness and quality of threads in the forum.

Oh, and post memes. This forum needs more funny pictures.
  • Options
    Nonemo wrote: »

So what you are saying is:

83028d1422822371-awesome-decals-pics-uploadfromtaptalk1422822370302_zpsejhbu7mv.jpg

• Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options

I think he meant ones actually related to star wars though...
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    Rolf wrote: »
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    3. Suspected lack of fairness in how shards are dropped in Hard mode -- We reviewed the code and also tried to reproduce the problem. Nothing other than a true randomness is at work here. The team is discussing ways to modify the experience so players don't run into as many hot or cold streaks. (Obviously the cold streaks are the perceived issue.)
    Can you um, just get rid of the cold streaks...and leave the hot ones? :*

Why not just make the shards guaranteed but the hard levels cost 20 energy or something?

• Lokai
    379 posts Member
    Options
    ah guaranteed.....I don't think you understand the monetary draw.....random is required. sorry won't get anything GUARANTEED.
  • Options
    Thanks for this information! Much appreciated!
    You have to be a bit of a liar to tell a story the right way.
  • Options
    I farmed cantina for Tallia at 63/65 for three days so I know cold streaks. Lol. Next day 20/24 for Finn and Kylo Ren! It's definitely random. So glad to hear these issues are important here.
  • Options
    This is all great to hear, thanks for alleviating some our fears.

...however...

I flat out don't believe you regarding issue # 1. I'm not trying to be a ****, I just think it's obvious to anyone that plays regularly over a long period of time that AI gets higher percentages than player controlled teams do.

I'm not saying that's unfair, most games similar to this employ those kind of tactics to make up for AI deficiencies. I'm just saying it's pretty obvious to see the discrepancy in odds after you play for a few weeks.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Well, I will say this, @EA_Jesse and @CG_JohnSalera -- if you say there's no programmed AI advantage on procs I'll believe you. But after the fight I just had... where enemy Phasma assist procs were chaining one after the other while I got 1 the entire match... it's easy to see why people think there is one. It really FEELS like it is happening. :)
    ETA: Right after I posted that, I fought another arena match, and my guys proc'ed Phasma's assist 2/3 of the time and destroyed the other team... of course this didn't seem as outrageously great as the first game seemed outrageously bad.. gotta love human perception...
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    The thing is if you beat an AI you just assume it's because you're smarter than it. AI's are always stupid, right? You don't attribute it to you getting a bunch of lucky procs while the AI gets none. If the AI gets some lucky procs you remember and assume that's why it beat you. It's the only possible explanation because you're smarter than the AI, right? All that leads to some pretty hefty conformation bias.
  • TayLord
    23 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I think the biggest problem is that the RNG swings are way too wide. RNG is a fun part of the game, but when a Phasma, leia, TFP team wipes your side of the board before you can do anything about it, it removes the fun of the RNG. Right now battles play out in 1 of 3 ways and only 1 of them requires the game to be "played" either you get procs and the enemy doesnt and you win no matter what you do. the other way around and you lose no matter what. or you both get or do not get ur procs and you actually get to play the game.

Edit: Ill add this too since it just happened to me. If both teams have high damage and a Poe(which is becoming much more common at high ranks) if one of the teams Poe goes first in that turn they will most likely win.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    The RNG is not the real problem. Random swings will happen.
    The real problems are characters that can one-shot other characters of comparable power easily, and the fact that this is a turn-based game where teams can manipulate things so that they get 4, 5, 6 or more turns before the other side can do a thing: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/5254/the-real-problems-with-the-current-meta-too-many-consecutive-attacks-and-too-much-damage
    A fair turn-based game cannot be designed so that either side gets the majority of the early moves, no matter what the synergy of the team. The Poe/Phasma teams are broken.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    TayLord wrote: »
    I think the biggest problem is that the RNG swings are way too wide. RNG is a fun part of the game, but when a Phasma, leia, TFP team wipes your side of the board before you can do anything about it, it removes the fun of the RNG. Right now battles play out in 1 of 3 ways and only 1 of them requires the game to be "played" either you get procs and the enemy doesnt and you win no matter what you do. the other way around and you lose no matter what. or you both get or do not get ur procs and you actually get to play the game.

Edit: Ill add this too since it just happened to me. If both teams have high damage and a Poe(which is becoming much more common at high ranks) if one of the teams Poe goes first in that turn they will most likely win.

Base on analisys of the game, I say some odds are predetermined. Ie. The Game doesn't draw a a dice each and everytime. It draws a dice from time to time, and says your are going to be unlucky for a while (shards) or for certain battle, or unlucky for a while. Then what happens has little randomnessz

A reason people question RNG is because no white noise or true random process gives you 10 losing streaks to then give you 10 winning streaks.
  • Options

Also, many of us on the team are playing the game with "genuine accounts" (as you called it) quite a bit, every day.

What team are you running? Did you get Lumi and Sid yet? They are great.
  • Options
    DarthLynch wrote: »

So what you are saying is:

83028d1422822371-awesome-decals-pics-uploadfromtaptalk1422822370302_zpsejhbu7mv.jpg

"A wafer thin mint you want, hmmm?" Yoda's cantina and bistro
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Hey there Heroes,

There have been a few rumors going around on the forums that are not true. @CG_JohnSalera and I have replied to a few instances of these rumors, but I figured it would be good to have them all in one place so that they are easier to find.

1. Suspected advantage given to the AI -- We reviewed the code and data, sought info and video from the community, and after spending quite a bit of time on this, nothing turned out to be wrong. Meaning: the AI-controlled characters aren't given advantage over player-controlled characters.
    2. Suspected mis-awarding of shards from Chromium 4x and 8x packs -- We reviewed the code and data, sought info and video from the community, and spent a huge amount of QA time trying to reproduce this issue. This has also yielded nothing. There *are* visual bugs and those are being addressed in our next major update. Specifically, if you get (for example) more than one drop of the same character from one pack, the progress bar display only counts up only the last drop's worth of shards -- even when showing the first drop's shards. That's complicated, so let me talk through an example. If before you opened a pack you had 20 shards of Cad Bane, and then opened and 8x pack that gave you two drops of 12 Cad Bane shards each, the count up display would show 32 counting up to 44 for the first drop, and then 32 counting up to 44 for the second drop. Looks wrong and isn't clear at all. In the future, this will turn into 20 counting up to 32 for the first drop and 32 counting up to 44 for the second drop. Lots of words there, hope that's clear. :)
    3. Suspected lack of fairness in how shards are dropped in Hard mode -- We reviewed the code and also tried to reproduce the problem. Nothing other than a true randomness is at work here. The team is discussing ways to modify the experience so players don't run into as many hot or cold streaks. (Obviously the cold streaks are the perceived issue.)
    4. Cheaters and exploiters - We have been aware of people who aren't playing by the rules. We've been spending time plugging some exploits and preparing what will happen by those folks. Stay tuned (and try to be patient here if you can).
    5. Suspected merging of Arena Leaderboards - This actually didn't take much time, but I wanted to include it for clarity. There has been an on-going rumor that we are quietly merging certain leaderboards (which people also call shards, servers, or other names). This isn't happening. We haven't done this nor have plans to merge leaderboards.

#1 is totally lie.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Jisst wrote: »
    #1 is totally lie.

Now you're just being a forum troll. Srsly. If you are so convinced that they're lying through their teeth then I suggest you just go play another game. This negativity and suspicion is killing the fun.
  • Options
    #1 is totally lie.

Now you're just being a forum troll. Srsly. If you are so convinced that they're lying through their teeth then I suggest you just go play another game. This negativity and suspicion is killing the fun.

İ think you re the troll one and the main problem of the game. raging fanboy.

I suggest you just think ok?

i love this game more than you and i want it be better. fanboys like you just attack the truth tellers

• Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    xoqd1d.png
  • Options
    Definitely doesn't feel that way. AI procs much higher than player.
  • Options
    @Nonemo

@Nonemo point proven? :p
    @Jisst you obviously didn't read did you? How can you call someone a troll when you are the one calling others "the main problem in this game" and a "raging fanboy" in 1 sentence! Nonemo is at least trying to respond in a decent way, all you do is call people names and claim you love this game more than others. Hypocrite troll

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion,[3] often for their own amusement.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    @Nonemo

@Nonemo point proven? :p
    @Jisst you obviously didn't read did you? How can you call someone a troll when you are the one calling others "the main problem in this game" and a "raging fanboy" in 1 sentence! Nonemo is at least trying to respond in a decent way, all you do is call people names and claim you love this game more than others. Hypocrite troll

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion,[3] often for their own amusement.

You're wrong! Jisst is a truth teller, only truths exits his mouth and keyboard.
  • Lokai
    379 posts Member
    Options
    I'm going to take them at their word that #1 is NOT an issue. Case in point I got all hot and bothered/**** the heck off when I was like....how the hell does a character with 115 speed consistently go before my fully leveled gui gon? yeah after I calmed down and did my homework I was like oh yeah.....poe, poes such a ****....that is to say he screws with speed bars and he's in just about every team nowadays.

we see what we want to see and don't bother to actually collect the data and give it a good look.
    that being said I don't need to collect the data to know something is SERIOUSLY wrong with my DAKA the Sleeping ugly gal. The entire time I've had her she has only TWICE actually benefited the party with her 10% revival passive, and too date her 35% ACTIVATABLE revive has NEVER worked for me........maybe some day she'll wake up and go on an incredibly long hot streak to make up the mathematical averages of her extremely useless existence to this point. well honestly I like her mostly for you stuns, but those revives should be working too :)
  • Options
    #1 is totally lie.

It's his opinion. If you cannot straight post that you think it's not true, then you will never have a good community. He was straight to the point.