Yay! I got a mod!

[img][/img]2nlcosl.png

This is pretty typical, or not getting anything at all. Why would I want to spend gems for this?

Throw this in with the gigantic cost, and the number of mods needed for each character, and it's a cluster...k

Can this really be the way they want it to be?

It was tolerable when they dropped every time, but this is just dumb. Couple that with the plethora of people that got a huge amount when they did drop every time, and it's a never winning/ending endeavor UNLESS you spend a s...ton of real $$. I don't mind spending when the spending will actually get me somewhere, and it's not a sick amount (have spent prob $300 since I started) but there isn't ANY way to catch up without large $$, very very large $$

I can't support that, it's a game, the fun is being squeezed out of it by greed, I can't believe they actually created another precraft scenario, and it is actually working...

I just paid $85 for a $100 iTunes card, with the intention of spending it here, but with the realization that it really won't amount to much, makes it a foolish choice.

Replies

• Options
    Grats Videian!

One time i spent 10 Battles wirhout getting any mod, another day i spent 10 battles and got 4 Mods!
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    If you want to spend money on this game dont spend it on mods... crystals for refreshes... gear... promotions... but not mods
  • Options
    Saraleb wrote: »
    If you want to spend money on this game dont spend it on mods... crystals for refreshes... gear... promotions... but not mods

you cannot compete in top tier arena without mods, you cannot have potency that works in tier 7 raids without mods, for some there isn't really any option..
  • Options
    also, forget completing galactic war without mods...
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    to put things in perspective, it takes way longer to cantina farm anakin from 6 to 7 stars than it takes to fully mk5 mod him. if mods dropped every time it would make mods the least timeconsuming part of maxing out a character. Since mods significantly improve a character, it should take some time to properly mod them.
    Honestly, if they would have used this droprate right from the start this would be a non-issue. Its not that bad at all.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    Honestly, if they would have used this droprate right from the start this would be a non-issue. Its not that bad at all.

you are exactly correct, but they completely forked it up...again
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Videian28 wrote: »
    Saraleb wrote: »

you cannot compete in top tier arena without mods, you cannot have potency that works in tier 7 raids without mods, for some there isn't really any option..

You can solo p1 and do massive damage with just t1/2 mods
  • Options
    I think you should be grateful, since one MOD per refresh is still better than nothing. @ShaolinPunk will tell you about it. This way you have to better strategize your resources.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Hahahah, yes thank you for tagging me here!

Yeah, it is tough to get up off the ground in a fight, but that moment you get back on your feet and see the eyes of your opponent fill with dread, it's the ultimate empowering moment.

You can do this!

EDIT:
    Wow, but that's exagerating, getting mods isn't that hard. Even just getting some 1* health mods, which anyone can do to get a bonus is huge!

You can DEFINITELY do this.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    to put things in perspective, it takes way longer to cantina farm anakin from 6 to 7 stars than it takes to fully mk5 mod him. if mods dropped every time it would make mods the least timeconsuming part of maxing out a character. Since mods significantly improve a character, it should take some time to properly mod them.

But see the drop rate is made even worse when you can get mk3 and mk4 mods in place of mk5. I don't think very many people would want to farm Anakin if there was a chance you could get JKG or Eeth Koth shards instead
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »

But see the drop rate is made even worse when you can get mk3 and mk4 mods in place of mk5. I don't think very many people would want to farm Anakin if there was a chance you could get JKG or Eeth Koth shards instead

Yep, two issues - they didn't start the drop rate out like this, so saying that it would be fine if they did is pointless. They didn't. The situation is only repairable by reverting the mod drop rates.

Second, they didn't drop the tier five mods drops to 33%, they dropped it to 11% by mixing in other mods that you don't want to waste credits on.