The game was awesome pre Mod nerf

So diverse and fun and you could actually use more than 5 toons, most excitement I ever had playing this. Now I spend more time in forums cuz I cant do **** lol

Replies

• Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    No it was awesome pre mod... all these people complaining about GW now was nothing compared to those 24 hours where people were up against for a lack of a better word god teams

Mods were just delivered into the game very very badly... but thats old ground
  • Options
    Yeah, yer probably right, but that first mod day was a bloody fun fest teeheeee
  • Youthv2
    270 posts Member
    Options
    It was tons better before protection. Protection still doesn't protect, just handicaps healing.
    ~Y O U T H v2
    Guild: Paradigm of Virtue (PoV)
    Line: GohYouth
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    You know that whole moment you think of the phrase "if it feels too good to be true..." and you suddenly realize you're there, I always start looking over my shoulder for 'it'. I remember posting somewhere in the forums and in guild chat that first day, "don't get too attached to the stats on your mods" it was pretty clear things were going higher than they meant. But yeah, that moment RIGHT before you think of the phrase "if it feels too good to be true..." it's like Christmas.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    The game was awesome pre mods.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    The game was awesome since launch. It was also awesome when f2p couldn't have exclusives like Rex, Aayla, Lando and others. If we all count our blessings, some of us might have more than others, in ways we didn't anticipate.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Jamm
    33 posts Member
    Options
    At least game sound and music are still awesome
  • Tanuki
    136 posts Member
    Options
    Youthv2 wrote: »
    It was tons better before protection. Protection still doesn't protect, just handicaps healing.

Agree. Especially in Gw. Made it a lot harder. It's cool at first but once it's gone it's gone for good. Plus you wouldn't have to save your arena team for just the last one. Ps mods are where they need to be now. Do feel they should have seen this one coming and not released the god mods at all. Rey had 30x health. Feel for everyone who felt cheated though. So many resources pulled to level them up and probably real money spent that other wise wouldn't have. Not sure why they changed the mod drop rate...those weren't even good ones anyways
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    The super mods made it more interesting. The immense HP balanced out the raw power if you had the right mods, but different toons were viable.

Now, I honestly can't tell a lot of difference in gameplay than pre-mod. It feels pretty much the same other than a bit more protection and health (or a lot more in the case of tanks since it's based on a percentage).
  • Options
    Ugh not this again.

The first day of mods was only fun because you were facing unmodded teams. As soon as everyone got modded up, it all went to ****.
  • Options
    DjangoQuik wrote: »
    Ugh not this again.

The first day of mods was only fun because you were facing unmodded teams. As soon as everyone got modded up, it all went to ****.

Nope. Unless you like a stale gameplay.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Options
    The game wasn't awesome or balanced premods, it was getting more boring everyday. Even with the scandalous implementation period I prefer mods era far more than water under the bridge.