Mod stat reallocation plea

Nebulous
1476 posts Member
edited July 2016
Please move the accuracy primary stat to the transmitter slot and critical avoidance primary stat to the processor slot.

The transmitter slot is the square one that offers offense and offense %. Accuracy is an indirect buff to damage.

The processor slot is the diamond one that offers defense and defense %. Critical avoidance is an indirect way to damage reduction.

Those two slots are really boring in their current state of the game. The primary slot can basically be ignored all together. Adding these other elements can breed decision making in those two slots.

The arrow slot (receiver) is already inundated with options (tied for the most with the multiplexor) and happens to be host to the all powerful speed and protection %.

Let's try to make all mods decision makers.
Post edited by Nebulous on

Replies

• scuba
    14071 posts Member
    Options
    I like this idea. With the "retuning" the square can only be % offense and diamond can only be % defense so there is no choice in primary Stat.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    Those two mods have zero "fun" in the primary stat section. The tertiary primary could bring more complexity. I also am not against removing the straight integer stat. Though I feel those are a solid avenue for arena diversity that I was sad to see go with the update to mods.
  • scuba
    14071 posts Member
    Options
    The straight integer stat is gone from primary, yes the possible rewards still show it, but flat offense/defense/health/protection was removed from primary stats with mod "fix". So even more boring

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/55700/game-update-7-15-2016#latest

"Mod primary stats will no longer have an option to have flat values Offense, Defense, Health, or Protection as a Primary Stat. All preexisting Mods that had these assigned will be automatically converted over to their percentage-based counterpart. The impact of a Mod is now tied directly to how far a Character has progressed in level, rarity, gear, and ability."
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options
    This is a good idea. Would help speed pop up more often for us peasants as well.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    Yup. I've seen that and I am aware it's gone. I think it's a bad idea for long term game Enjoyment. The values Weren't really thought out, as 12000 protection far exceeded any % available at the time. If they straight stats were balance around, say middle of the road for each respective attribute, then %s would benefit half the toons more and straight stats the other half meaning we could have done some more tinkering.

As it stands, slotting in %s make the most sense for toons who already have larger pools of the specific stat. Meaning the best in slot actually get better.

I think we can change this up by giving more options to other mods. Make them more meaningful, more fun and more decision making.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    hhooo wrote: »
    This is a good idea. Would help speed pop up more often for us peasants as well.

This is a solid repercussion or after effect of the change. Rng is already brutal. I agree with your assessment.
  • Options
    <Mod Hat OFF>
    Pro Tip: Watch posts by Nebulous and Scuba.. they eat the game. (I mean that in a good way) ;)
    Thanks!
    <Mod Hat On>