Mods: Health or Defense?

There is probably a clear difference, but all I could find from searching is loads of Maths (and I didn't want to work through all that on a Sunday!)

What's the difference between the two, and why?

Replies

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    2 health mods at level 15 add 5% health
    4 health mods at level 15 add 10% health
    6 health mods at level 15 add 15% health

2 defense mods at level 15 add 5% defense
    4 defense mods at level 15 add 10% defense
    6 defense mods at level 15 add 15% defense

Health mod challenges open to all.
    Defense mod challenges requires Jedi.

That is the only differences.

Note: The shown stat for defense (armor and resistance) is in a percentage and does not directly increase by the % added. Example armor shows 14%, adding 5% defense does not make it go to 19%.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

Note: The shown stat for defense (armor and resistance) is in a percentage and does not directly increase by the % added. Example armor shows 14%, adding 5% defense does not make it go to 19%.

Did you want to throw in that one has a little cross on it, and the other has a little shield?

Your response states the obvious. I doubt this is what the OP is asking.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »

Did you want to throw in that one has a little cross on it, and the other has a little shield?

Your response states the obvious. I doubt this is what the OP is asking.

And you answer is??
  • Options
    Do we really know what defense does? It seems defense should be better bc I have to have a specific team to do it, but who knows.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Defense reduces amount of damage done by an attack.
    Armor reduces about of physical damage
    Resistance reduces the amount of special damage.

Here is a go post showing some of the reduced damage.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/571729/#Comment_571729
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Honestly I've found pure health mods all the way to be superior...but have also found four 5* critical dmg mods and two 5* health mods next best thing...especially if you pair a few critical dmg up main stats on that to boot...I use this on my IG-86 and it is breaking 300% critical dmg easily on assists. And of coarse theres room for improvement. (Credit problems)
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Loose_Lee wrote: »
    Honestly I've found pure health mods all the way to be superior...but have also found four 5* critical dmg mods and two 5* health mods next best thing...especially if you pair a few critical dmg up main stats on that to boot...I use this on my IG-86 and it is breaking 300% critical dmg easily on assists. And of coarse theres room for improvement. (Credit problems)

Agree. Most only looking at health or defense as they are easier to get.
  • Options
    So generally you'd all say Health > Defense? It just seems like there isn't a lot of difference really haha... Health gives you more hit points to have, but defense means they damage you less... Seems like the same thing :S
  • opu120
    211 posts Member
    Options
    Loose_Lee wrote: »

So you already have Nebit and Jawa Scavenger at 5*? Wow! I'm heading the same direction...curious how difficult you found tier 3 crit damage mod challenge...how much did you gear/mod them up to 3* the tier 3 challenge?
  • Loose_Lee
    2733 posts Member
    Options
    Nebit and scavenger both 4* almost 5* on nebit, who has 22k hp atm 14k protection...using pure health mods on him because his basic has 70% to grant 20% of his max hp to unstealthed ally in protection...very useful...aside from tanks... (health mods 4shizzle) I been using 3/4* critical dmg mods on my attackers...jawa/86/88/Leia so far...been swapping 2 4* sets as needed...

also I DID get a lot of 4* critical dmg mods from the tier 2 crit dmg (jawa) challenge...but need a bit more time by I get scavenger and nebit to 5*

Nebit is rock star and awesome leader so far...been using Jawa for GW first 6-7 nodes lately