Should you be able to restart GW more than once a day by paying credits?

EM650
1120 posts Member
edited January 2016
In the light/dark battles where you can farm shards you have 3 tries before you have to pay for an additional 3 tries. With purple ability mats being in such short supply, what if you were able to pay to restart GW a 2nd time in the same day by paying 100, 200, etc just like the costs in the Cantina to restore your energy?

Should you be able to restart GW more than once a day by paying credits? 59 votes

Yes
38%
QeltarCrossXcalibur3PatPatPatDeathSSlayerDarthMufasaDoomLocoAlStarSonakositzkeStormfungushnitzelMasterTamiasshimmyWifiSweGuyAnzialrotamHolaa_derronTheMaceWindontMaxoooPengjewuin 23 votes
No
52%
SeroZeroHyperalloyNicks075TimbaDarkCazaanPoerliIM_UR_UPGRADEjeremyj26Otardogwelder79StirringOwlD_MillennialBenjiJugilismaaniOrbitz1200five2zeroHeronmarOppo_RancisisASDFQWERZXVC 31 votes
Other (Add Description)
8%
Darth_AllycodeVarlieEM650Kr4itok_Kaevad2000 5 votes

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    Even if it is for greatly-reduced rewards, it would give me something fun to actually do in this game for more than an hour a day.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Other (Add Description)
    i think you should be able to restart only if you dont get to the end and then earn half on second run
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    It should let you do it as many times as you want, assuming only the first time gives you rewards.

Maybe the second time could give training drones, or just credits, or maybe purple ability mats... but I don't think it should give GW tokens.
  • Options
    No
    Definitely NO, one GW takes about 1 hour or more doing the 12 battles. It´s more than enough. It even sometimes feels like too much time.
  • Options
    No
    No. Let it be linear progression on an equal base for everybody, not just for wallet warriors. If you can't beat it that day, plan ahead for the next day. I have only beaten the GW two times, and each day I'm trying some new strategies and have started abusing retreat.
    Timba ~ f2p since October ~ on LINE timba_timba ~ [FTB]

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Yes
    I can't believe all the "no" votes here, on something that would be optional and possibly not even for rewards. Apparently people enjoy a game where there's nothing to actually play 23 out of 24 hours of the day.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    Other (Add Description)
    Timba wrote: »
    No. Let it be linear progression on an equal base for everybody, not just for wallet warriors. If you can't beat it that day, plan ahead for the next day. I have only beaten the GW two times, and each day I'm trying some new strategies and have started abusing retreat.

For me, beating it is not the core issue. For me, it is the lack of purple ability mats. I never get them from the Cantina and I only received 3 total today for completing the challenges. That is 1 purple mat for each time I completed the challenge. No one's ability on my core or secondary team could be updated with that and if you cannot update your toons abilities, how do you perform better in the arena, GW, or the light/dark battles?
  • Options
    Other (Add Description)
    Yes - but should cost shards
  • Options
    Yes
    Yes, I think you should be able to.

GW is CLEARLY the best thing about the app and it's a shame you can only try/complete it once a day.

• Options
    Yes
    Yes, but your characters carry over. I want to feel rewarded when I only loose a few characters.
  • Options
    Yes
    I would say yes, but as @Barrok said - it should not give you more GW tokens, only some reasonable training remotes - maybe some ability materials - and that would be if you paid gems to refresh it. Otherwise, if it would award you more GW tokens, it would have to cost 350 or 400 gems each refresh to e equal to a Chromium pull, which awards you similar shards.

On a side note - I wish there was another area of the game that was a "proving grounds" or something similar where you could test your team against various lineups - or see what your team would be like if you added a new character, etc. With how much time / energy / gem / material investment there is in obtaining, promoting, leveling and equipping a character up to a usable level, it's a difficult commitment to make without having a chance to test them out first.
  • EM650
    1120 posts Member
    Options
    Other (Add Description)
    I agree with what others have said in that if you are able to refresh GW a 2nd time it should provide some rewards such as ability mats, but not the GW tokens.
  • Options
    akositzke wrote: »
    On a side note - I wish there was another area of the game that was a "proving grounds" or something similar where you could test your team against various lineups - or see what your team would be like if you added a new character, etc. With how much time / energy / gem / material investment there is in obtaining, promoting, leveling and equipping a character up to a usable level, it's a difficult commitment to make without having a chance to test them out first.

I typically just play out a Cantina Battle whenever I change my roster to get a feel for how well the change works. Sure, it costs energy but if I choose a battle that I'm trying to farm, it's energy I was going to spend anyway and I save myself a sim ticket. It may not necessarily be the same experience as the Arena or GW but it's enough that I can tell whether my team has improved with the change or gotten worse.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    Other (Add Description)
    If you reset it before completing it due to unlucky runs and RNG. I think you should only be able to complete it once per day.
  • Options
    Yes
    Yes, without rewards or with little ones like @Barrok said. It would be great to have difficulty increased in the extra runs.

Just for the fun of doing it!

• Options
    Yes
    Starting from 100 crystals seems too good. Reseting hard mode battles may give you nothing useful but the award of GW is so attempting: 15 guarranteed shards plus many ability mats, this can't be just 100 crystals.
  • Options
    Yes
    Yes. But only once a day for level 60, and max 3 times for level 70