When is the dodge meta going to end

Rui
80 posts Member
The only thing more frustration to me in the game then GW is the stupid dodge meta that's been going on for 6 months. It's not fun, it's only frustration. Lower the proc rate, don't it give buffs. I think I could handle Old Ben dodge if it didn't give 30% TM and if procs 50% are more of this time.

Replies

• Szecsa
    104 posts Member
    Options
    Have you tried Anakin lead?
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    It's not going away anytime soon.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    I doubt the dodge meta will go away with anything short of a dodge rework. That or a sufficient team that can ignore/negate dodge.
  • Options
    Yes yes yes and yes! Today in arena was ridiculous . At one point I had 8 straight Dooku teams in front of me from 49-41. Every team nearly identical... Dooku, rey, Leia, qgj, Han/RG. Every single day.

• Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    NEVER!!! (I run clones so evasion dosent bother me) don't really know why excluding Anakin who I don't run clones have nothing that says they do well **** evasion but I win every evasion led battle. So evade leads don't bother me any let the meta continue :p
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    It's not even the dodge... it's the complete lack of variety in these teams. And how my team is targeted like nuts because it is not a evasion team. Seriously... 80% of my top 50 are still Dooku/Ben leads
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    I actually have very few dodge teams in the top ten of my server
  • Durrun
    1019 posts Member
    Options
    Same all droids 2 clones (I'm one) and 1 old Ben with a few phasma
  • Rui
    80 posts Member
    Options
    I'm F2P and while I could farm Anikin he's not as useful unless you run mostly clones are some just recently released F2P Jedi. I agree if I had Rex Old Ben wouldn't and and issue are B2. But outside of paying $300-$500 for each of them, which I won't do. A rework is in order I think, but with all the issues the game has gone though sense the MOD release its probably not even in the radar of things to rework
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Just double checked and only two dodge leads in top 12

7SHpj2D.jpg

NTLKOac.jpg

8Pg6oAb.webp
  • Rui
    80 posts Member
    Options
    It's the same in my server, but I have to get though the old bens and dooku's 50-20 1st
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/1/

Every day, Anakin is creeping up on the competition. Give it another month, and all of these threads will be complaining about Skyguy instead.
  • Zeu
    95 posts Member
    Options
    Lol dodge is so last month.
    Speed is where it is now. I run qgj lead and old Ben with 200 speed. Nothing funnier than seeing old Ben go first hahahaha.

Dodge. LOL.
  • Options
    They can't code a fix for dodge so there won't be a fix for it. Their fix for terrible coding is the addition of accuracy mods and anti dodge characters.

Dodge has been a problem for months and will continue to be. Just have to get used to it.
  • MatJade_MK1
    43 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I run Ackbar lead. 1 Ben and 1 Dooku in the top 10. 4 Phasma, 1 Rex, and 2 HKs. Looking at the top 50 it follows about that same ratio with a odd QGJ or Lumi lead.
  • ItsJarJarBinkz
    2494 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I'm about to leave the game because of evasion. I uninstall this game once a day due to rage. I wish I never played this game quite honesty. Only thing that keeps me playing is the money spent and time played.
  • Rui
    80 posts Member
    Options
    To prove my point I had Teebo lead, ray and RG still standing vs dooku and 5s. For counter teams stealth is your best friend. I had more then half protection on all my guys. I lost the match with dooku still have more then half protection after he dodged 6 attacks in a row. Even though he barely countered because I was stelthed a lot of the time. I couldn't touch him because of all the misses. The coding is messed up. And yes top 10 in my server are filled with Ani leads most have B2 with him, it's really annoying. But at least I don't have to deal with bad coding and aweful RNG
  • Options
    Dodge is awful indeed, and it's way higher than what it is supposed to be. Instead of dodging 1 in 5 hits most of the time it would be 5 dodges in a row ...
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    Only me and another dude have dooku, only one guy has ben
    2 rex,
    3 sthan
    1 phasma
    top 10 right there
  • Options
    Accuracy mods in toons that can stun.

You cannot dodge while stunned anymore.

I currently run a Dooku led team but will be changing as soon as I can.
  • Options
    Zeu wrote: »
    Lol dodge is so last month.
    Speed is where it is now. I run qgj lead and old Ben with 200 speed. Nothing funnier than seeing old Ben go first hahahaha.

Dodge. LOL.
    This.. We are now approaching the era of speed meta 2.0. Everyone will be stacking crit damage mods on their best attackers. And adding as much speed as possible via secondary stats. Dodge is still great, however anakin's lead is now much better.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    I run a dooku lead as my previous comment, but I will change to anakin.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    MBL_66 wrote: »
    I actually have very few dodge teams in the top ten of my server

I was gonna say the same, I think the fact the dodge leads are now down to the 50s shows it's no longer Meta, you just have a few old dogs reluctant to learn new tricks.

Dodge is not the end-all it used to be, especially with the addition of mods. I don't know anything, but speed is pretty important right now.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    I'm about to leave the game because of evasion. I uninstall this game once a day due to rage. I wish I never played this game quite honesty. Only thing that keeps me playing is the money spent and time played.
    I suggest buying a stress ball @ItsJarJarBinkz
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    Regardless of
    djvita wrote: »
    Only me and another dude have dooku, only one guy has ben
    2 rex,
    3 sthan
    1 phasma
    top 10 right there

Regardless of the who the leader is, the parties are still exactly the same. (some leader), RG, Rey, GS, Leia, Fives, Daka, Qui gon. SOMETIMES Yoda. Those are the only characters that get used lol.
  • Powda
    525 posts Member
    Options
    Szecsa wrote: »
    Have you tried Anakin lead?

Yup, it's already ending... the new team is the EXACT same team, but with Anakin lead because CG **** up again and made another overpowered neutral (non-faction) Lead. The bonus is, you get to one-shot just about their whole team as soon as they get one of your guys below half.

• Options
    wow, people are still complaining about dodge? There were so many counter tools to dodge introduced in the last few weeks and months, the only people still in the top 20 keep the dodge lead either because they havent realized how weak it has become and getting carried by high geared meta toons or dont have one of the new meta leaders/teams ready.

People should look into team building before crying.