Credits -- logically

I truly do not understand when 95% of your player base points out that lack of credits may be the biggest problem in the game how they can sit back and not even address the problem.

I understand it's a business and they want us to use crystals to buy credits. But the ratio of credits needed versus credits gained with crystals is almost impossible unless someone wins the lottery.

Additionally they increase galactic war payout but make it almost impossible for many people to finish.

My personal interpretation of the game is ideally to collect and use as many different characters as possible but they seem to have made it almost impossible to do this.

I do not understand the mentality to massively frustrate your player base.

Replies

• Powda
    525 posts Member
    Options
    What do you when the crowd is upset because the Headliner isn't ready to go on?

You stall baby...

No matter how hard they boo... Now matter how angry they get... You just stall and hope they stick around and / or you survive the wrath.
  • Options
    Yeah but we could play with the other 92 bands we have until the headliner is ready.
  • Options
    DARTH_TED wrote: »
    I truly do not understand when 95% of your player base points out that lack of credits may be the biggest problem in the game how they can sit back and not even address the problem.

I understand it's a business and they want us to use crystals to buy credits. But the ratio of credits needed versus credits gained with crystals is almost impossible unless someone wins the lottery.

Additionally they increase galactic war payout but make it almost impossible for many people to finish.

My personal interpretation of the game is ideally to collect and use as many different characters as possible but they seem to have made it almost impossible to do this.

I do not understand the mentality to massively frustrate your player base.

I absolutely agree with this it is destroying us all. This is the last straw what game developers have done to us release these over powered mods we all pay a fortune upgrading them only to have them reduced to a fraction of what they were this is not good business but everything costs too much credits that's the biggest issue right now for everyone we have been abused over and over and soon it will be a dead game enough is enough they have taken advantage of us for the last time
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    This just in. 95 percent of players would like to progress faster and cheaper.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    This just in. 95 percent of players would like to progress faster and cheaper.

Haha.

Need some 5%ers to step up and represent
  • Fury77
    252 posts Member
    Options
    this post is right on, but ima add to it.

i'm a finance guy. I get you need profitability and answer to quaterlies, and forward revenue guidance far more than a small % of your player base. I get it.

Problem is this game, at its current state is unsustainable.
    You have to do more to reduce the inequality and deficit of credits in game. And soon.

You increased the credits of GW by what %? 50? I honestly didn't care to look at change as it hasn't been substantial enough to narrow the gap...

But then u added an entirely new category that requires more credits than the others, combined... 1.5m credits to go from 5 to 7*, say as a base, compared to what 500k avg? to level a t5 mod *6 mods... is 3million credits. can't even move them to and from a toon without paying 22k per character switch.

By not adressing this seriously, you are fueling a very justifiable and increasing level of frustration and anger that's infecting even the most loyal and forgiving part of your player base. I'm **** and I get more **** every time I see how bad it is.

Fix the credit problem. Fix it now.
  • Options
    It literally takes 2 months to level up and star a brand new arena team up from scratch even if you have all 5 toons already at 7 stars. That is insane, this situation is ruining most player's experiences with the game. It's been a problem for several months now and it's just been almost ignored completely. I've never been in poverty for months while pouring in hours of hard work on a video game, let alone a mobile game. Even Buying credits with crystals is a terrible bargain as well so I dunno what they're trying to get us to do. If I spend 10 dollars and get nothing but credit packs how much money do I even get? Is it even 2 mil?
  • _JAM_
    15 posts Member
    Options
    All that's really needed is adding a couple of zeros behind the daily challenge gold rewards.... Instead of 300, give us 30,000. That would result in an extra 2 million a week or so, if every challenge is completed.

It isn't a huge amount that would be game changing, but it would benefit active players.
  • Daezl
    177 posts Member
    Options
    Even Buying credits with crystals is a terrible bargain as well so I dunno what they're trying to get us to do. If I spend 10 dollars and get nothing but credit packs how much money do I even get? Is it even 2 mil?
    What they want us to do is add a couple of zeroes onto that number representing the amount of real money that you are theoretically spending on crystals to purchase credits with.
  • DARTH_TED
    205 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    To be perfectly clear I am not even asking them to give us things. If they made it like a dollar for 2 million credits I would actually buy credits. I would still be **** off about it but I would do it. But the current ratio is a joke compared to what is actually needed. It has actually decreased since the original Version because now you get individual packs when you buy a pack with a potential two or three times multiplier as opposed to one pack with a potential two or three times multiplier.
  • Weazael
    35 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Totally agree the credit problem is making game more if a chore than any fun...the mods have made in so much worse, the only way you are getting the new higher GW rewards is to have some endz excellent mods....credit heist event...Ha ..good luck if you didn't have a scoundrel team....I have spent a good amount and have a lot of characters I could promote and level for the mod events but I need prolly 30 million credits to form those teams and as stated the options to buy credits even is so bad it doesn't help...I could buy an 8x chromium and get at least 80 shards with a $20 pack but the amount of credits I'll get may promote n level 1 guy some unless u get lot of 3x in those credits which you don't based on experience....I'll hate throwing away hundreds of dollars this early in a mobile game but it's now beyond my game cash allowance to progress. . And mod drop rates suck and mimod removal should be free always or cost the useless ally points to remove....if changes aren't made to make a viable credit source that is sensible I'm gonna have to quit and I'll spend 50-$75 a month on game but that barely helps with new mods draining credits too...it sucks I loved the game a start of my playing in December and at times like may the 4th I'll spend maybe $150 but can't spend that on the regular and am just sitting on ppl to work on but cannot get the gear/stars/levels/mods now too with current ways to get credits...it's garbage...sorry for running sentence and rant but am very annoyed I can't seem to advance anymore exceat get a rare mod the spend everything on them. And lose 2 of 3 GW now..ugh..okay now rant really done...peace and may the force be with you......my characters. Lots can be promoted if have credits....https://swgoh.gg/u/weazael/
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Personally I like that this game is essentially not pay to win. Whales can't even level a ton of toons faster than the rest. Only true krakens do that.

I look at the whales rosters on my server.... the guys that were lvl 80 when I was 74...the guys with all the clones.... even these guys have limited rosters. The whales have the fancy pay toons and they leveled faster. But they had to put their limited gear and credits into those fancy pay toons... they don't have all our toons leveled PLUS the fancy ones. If credits were 2 million for a dollar, we would ALL HAVE to buy them... or stop playing a broken pay to win come and buy starwars pokemon game.

I was a decent trout in my early days. And no, I don't want to buy credits. Please don't make everyone buy credits.

I'd rather have some free chewy shards.

If we are gonna get more credits, make em part of gw or events or challenges or something.

• Fury77
    252 posts Member
    Options
    as if there's any question...

we are NOT talking about increased pay for credits...

increase rewards, the OP had some great suggestions:

1- scale credits to level on all modes....
    makes basic sense even my 5yr old would understand. 500 credits? this feels like insult to injury, seriously...

2-reduce costs to level mods, remove cost to remove them...duh.

3- add credit events or make the current ones pay more, or both.

i get it, public company, answers to shareholders....btw. some of thone very people, are playing this game...posting these opinions. shareholders won't be happy as revenue growth slows, which it's had to recently.

we deserve an acknowledgment and a substantial effort in adressing this problem
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    Options
    Fury77 wrote: »
    this post is right on, but ima add to it.

i'm a finance guy. I get you need profitability and answer to quaterlies, and forward revenue guidance far more than a small % of your player base. I get it.

Problem is this game, at its current state is unsustainable.
    You have to do more to reduce the inequality and deficit of credits in game. And soon.

You increased the credits of GW by what %? 50? I honestly didn't care to look at change as it hasn't been substantial enough to narrow the gap...

But then u added an entirely new category that requires more credits than the others, combined... 1.5m credits to go from 5 to 7*, say as a base, compared to what 500k avg? to level a t5 mod *6 mods... is 3million credits. can't even move them to and from a toon without paying 22k per character switch.

By not adressing this seriously, you are fueling a very justifiable and increasing level of frustration and anger that's infecting even the most loyal and forgiving part of your player base. I'm **** and I get more **** every time I see how bad it is.

Fix the credit problem. Fix it now.

im not a finance guy and I know how to manage credits on this game. Your not suppose to star up every single toon every time you get 30/50/65/85 shards. Espically if your not ready to use the toon. You save more credits by waiting till the toon has 330 shards because the whole while you would be saving all the credits you earned. Same thing with leveling up toons, unless they are ready for arena/raids/gw what's the point in taking a toon to 50 or 60? Meanwhile your also saving up gear at the same time. I have 40 toons 7*, 20 of them are level 80 and the majority of them are in G10/9 gear w/ a handful in G8.

People here make the "credit crunch" out to be this horrible thing when really the words credit crunch really means "you're not managing your credits efficiently". Even though this is a game and is different than the real world the way you manage $$$$$/Credits still works the same way.

People on this game spend their credits as fast as they make them..but I would really like to know the number of people that actually didn't need that upgrade right then and there and spent those credits unnecessary.

There is an unwritten law in life...Don't spend more than you make. I know this is a game but that same rule applies and from a finance guy to say this game needs a credit fix, I'm sorry but it doesn't.