Asking For A Character To Be Nerfed...

Replies

• Options
    It's not subjective all you have to do is read the complaints they tell you everything you need to know
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    99% of calls for nerfs are from people who just don't know how to handle a certain hero.
    99% of everything is nonsense. So what? It's a public forum, nonsense is what we are here for. :)
    Name me 5 legitimate toons who need nerfing and the reason/s why? Leia may be the only one I can think of, but she too can be handled. There are 0 characters who can't be handled and killed if you employ the right strategy. I come across a team of Leia, Ben, Vader, Kylo and Barriss quite often on my server and the team whoops me due to Leia's buffs and Ben's and Vader's AoE's, but that isn't reason enough for them to be nerfed, it just means I need more heroes to counteract theirs which I don't currently have.
    If you have to design your entire team around one character, then that character is overpowered. It also means that your team is now susceptible to a pile of other teams because you did that.

My short list of characters overdue for nerfing:
    1. FOTP - Broken (attacks more than he should), broken (at 7* has the damage of a glass cannon and health of a tank), his base attack is so overpowered that there's actually no reason to use his second attack, and has advantage ALL THE TIME where many other characters have to blow a special to get it.
    2. Poe - No character should be able to act first in a fight and then knock down all enemy turn bars so that his team all goes before yours does. There is no counter-play to this at all, except getting lucky with RNG. He can even act before Dooku now, who was the only one before who had even a chance to stop him. That's bad design. The fact that he taunts and exposes just makes it worse.
    3. Leia - Still broken, hits too hard on top of her annoying stealth.
    4. Qui-Gon Jinn - Overall package of abilities is way out of line with most other characters. Ability to call an assist with a guaranteed +75% damage on a 2-turn cooldown is asinine.
    5. Darth Sidious - Was fine before he was inexplicably buffed. The extra AoE damage is not a big deal, but his evasion against Jedi is way too high. His leadership skill makes all other crit-based leader skills pointless.
    6. Captain Phasma - Overall package is too strong, especially her leader ability, which is why she's everywhere now. Also has excessive amounts of turn-meter shenanigans. Her assist leader ability also should not proc on non-attacks, and it does now (and frequently).

+1000 with my bad english i cant explain this better. 100% agree.
  • Options
    Add Lumi as well. I find her to be way more useful that the other toons.
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Honestly the only character that should be changed is Dooku. Come on, 100% counter rate and a high chance of a bonus attack? That means in one turn he can inflict upwards of 2400 at level 48 at 3* in one turn, without crit or buffs. If he was at 50% counter rate or more reasonable then that's no problem.

He's less of a problem in higher level play. I agree that he's overpowered in the bracket you're talking about, though. IMO, he needs just a bit of a lowering of his damage or cc at 4*, and he'd be fine.

FOTP and Leia are much bigger deals.
  • Options
    Frankly I don't see why anyone think that Leia is op. When I use her now, she rarely hits more than once. Her x2 is kinda there to make it look nice but does pretty much nothing. But yeah nerf her, I don't care anyway (high star one in case you ask).

If you haven't faced a full droid team with a poogle leader then give it a try when you can, goodl luck surviving after a few turns. I don't know which droid should we nerf though. Working seperately they are meh.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    It's not subjective all you have to do is read the complaints they tell you everything you need to know

No to be fair, alot is subjective and opinion based. But also alot is fact.
    Take bariss for example, everyone cried and cried to no end to get her nerf'd until finally the devs caved (fail devs lol major fail) and nerf'd her heal because that's what everyone was crying about.
    Fact is, they were crying about her equalization not her heal and just didnt know what they were even talking about and called it a "heal" in their teary rants. so now she has a functional equalization ppl are still crying about (and still calling a heal smh) and she has her neutered heal thats virtually worthless (a healer that does nothing but heal with the weakest heal in the game smh)

Bariss is an example of what happens when ppl listen to incorrect information and accept it as fact.

Thats the tough part tho, sorting fact from emotion. I am instantly critical of any emotional post/comment or any that jump to calling for a nerf w/out factual backup.

Qeltar as an example (not a cheap shot pal) makes lots of valid points and generally presents some facts (or lots of facts) to backup his arguments (this is why i agree with him alot). WhipiT is also the same way.
    Its when ppl jump to extremes and become emotional that their arguments tend to lose validity Imo. Thats also why sometimes its better to just stay civil and agree to disagree.

When it comes to "OP" or not "OP" alot is subjective and opinion based. Just the very definition or usage of the term is debateable. And is often the case of heated emotional debate rarely founded in fact. Its where agreeing to disagree is generally the best option haha.
  • Options
    So tired of these discussions. FOTP is nothing without a taunting tank. When you HAVE to use two spots just to use FOTP, he is not overpowered. It could use some tweaks and more variety of farmable characters in arena and cantina for instance but nothing major.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Options
    Raenas wrote: »
    Fives is good. Real good, but not in arena defense. In GW he is a god, if you know what to do with him. Just apply slow strategically and you just won the match. He has high potency, so it works most times. For instance first thing he does is slowing Sid after his aoe, giving you ample time to kill him without applying heal immune.
    Agree, thought to have made mistake giving 555s 5th star instead of Poe, now cruising in GW
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    Options
    Baal wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Abyss wrote: »
    Imo (agree or not) its far far too early in the game and the character selection is not yet deep enough for ANY toon to get a buff or a nerf.
    I don't really give a **** about what the game is like in September. If it needs to be adjusted again then, they can adjust it then.
    People are playing right now. And right now, there are numerous broken and ridiculously OP characters that need to be fixed.

No there aren't. You are just not good. Get better.

Leia and FOTP are demonstrably broken. Leia's ability "Against All Odds" has a proc rate of 100%, despite having a tooltip that says it's supposed to be 25%. FOTP should only be attacking twice, but he can attack (at least) 3 times that I've seen, and his damage is about double any character in the game except for maybe Qui Gon.

It's really easy to say "you just aren't good enough" when you've never been in the situation described by Qeltar. If what you say is true, then it should be easy to post proof that you're able to beat a team with say, FOTP, Leia, Poe, and literally any two other characters in the game. Given that you're F2P, I'm especially eager to see such proof.

Why would I purposely drop rank to fight a weaker player to prove something to an even weaker player?

I've been stuck being beat by fotm teams because I ran long game from the beginning...I got better.

Leia Poe and fotp are all decent characters respectively with synergistic teams, but the hodgepodge is pure fotm. You'll see when another 30 days have passed.

• Options
    First is fotp damage I mean correct me if I'm wrong but other characters hit for that damage in one strike regardless of if the are buffed or not because they are probably dealing a lot more damage and in perspective fotp is weak but because he can attack multiple times it makes him strong if someone like sidious or aayla or Luke could hit multiple times it would be overkill because they already do a lot of damage does this not make sense now you say if you build your whole team around one character then that character is op well then they should just do away with leader abilities all together because that's what this synergy system is you have people with leader abilities and you find other characters that complement them or maybe I'm just crazy
  • CptCaveman
    713 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Post your ally code and I will make you my ally.... I have guys that will wreck 5s for you. All top tier 7* gear 8.
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • Options
    So now when you come to realize things like this you begin to understand that people are getting mad because a new character has come that does something better than others and is beating them to the punch and are forced with a choice either adapt or continue to get beat but they don't want to choose either they want door number 3 and it doesn't even exist so they are trying to force it so they can be catered to
  • Options
    glocc5000 wrote: »
    glocc5000 wrote: »
    ok if u want i can just hack and beat everyone in arena i stopped using it but prob gotta get back into it again
    will i use it in galactic war cause its impossible to beat without
    Ok easy ban here! he posted this in the ally thread:

"glocc5000 4 POSTS MEMBER December 14, 2015 3:07AM
    level 45 ally code is 869-459-685"

• Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    First is fotp damage I mean correct me if I'm wrong but other characters hit for that damage in one strike regardless of if the are buffed or not because they are probably dealing a lot more damage and in perspective fotp is weak but because he can attack multiple times it makes him strong if someone like sidious or aayla or Luke could hit multiple times it would be overkill because they already do a lot of damage does this not make sense now you say if you build your whole team around one character then that character is op well then they should just do away with leader abilities all together because that's what this synergy system is you have people with leader abilities and you find other characters that complement them or maybe I'm just crazy

Thats pretty accurate. Synergys are where toons shine and spark OP debates for the most part. Some i just cant figure out like dooku/bariss except they are monsters at certain stages of the game but quickly fade off as you grow better stuff (for the record i still use/love my dooku haha hes fun. He sux and is squishy but fun)
  • Options
    Lol actually I would think he goes well with phasma 100% counter and his own bonus attack % and with phasma leader that's a chance for ×3 attacks on any given turn plus the counters
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    davida8546 wrote: »
    Frankly I don't see why anyone think that Leia is op. When I use her now, she rarely hits more than once. Her x2 is kinda there to make it look nice but does pretty much nothing. But yeah nerf her, I don't care anyway (high star one in case you ask).

If you haven't faced a full droid team with a poogle leader then give it a try when you can, goodl luck surviving after a few turns. I don't know which droid should we nerf though. Working seperately they are meh.

In GW I faced a droid team with Poggle and another tank I won't mention... Holy crap! It definitely compared to the GQJ, FOTP, Leia, POE setups..
  • Options
    Poe should not have 1) expose and 2) turn meter reduction. I run Poe for arena and I still think he's overpowered.
  • Options
    I gave up reading most of the comments in here, most are nonsensical. But this thread proves my point, there's been calls in here alone for at least 10 heroes to be nerfed, it's ridiculous. Just learn how to play against them and if you can't, don't blame the game for your short comings.
  • Options
    I have faced several Poe and I don't see what you're talking about I never have a problem with him and in my definition of op a character is going to be op no matter if it's 1* or 7* in my experience I have never seen and character in any game be broken or op by doing a level up/promotion if it's broken or op it would be so from the beginning
  • Options
    Hah, I looked for that before I posted but didn't see it.

He comes on the official forums and openly admits to hacking the game and cheating and posts his ally code using the same account....lol

Mods....
    It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • Options
    I've seen countless threads in the last couple months about character downgrades a.k.a. Nerfing. All characters are fine as is. A few require bug fixes but, that's it.

If someone has a problem with a character its because they don't know how to counter it. That or they are just too weak at the moment to be able to. Continue to refine your strategy and not call for any more ridiculous weakening of characters.
  • Options
    What's your lineup?
  • Options
    I've seen countless threads in the last couple months about character downgrades a.k.a. Nerfing. All characters are fine as is. A few require bug fixes but, that's it.

If someone has a problem with a character its because they don't know how to counter it. That or they are just too weak at the moment to be able to. Continue to refine your strategy and not call for any more ridiculous weakening of characters.

You've never fought a team of 7* FOTP, Poe, and Leia, have you? The only way to beat that team is to use the same team.
  • Options
    I've got a vast array of characters, at last count around 54. Nearly all farmable characters except Eeth and Nute.
  • Options
    I've got a vast array of characters, at last count around 54. Nearly all farmable characters except Eeth and Nute.

And have you beaten the team I described without using the same team?
  • Options
    Honestly, I've never encountered the team you described
  • Options

You've never fought a team of 7* FOTP, Poe, and Leia, have you? The only way to beat that team is to use the same team.

I do everyday and i use 2 different lineups one is phasma, lumi, savage, fo officer and kylo. The other is phasma, lumi, jedi, fo officer and fo pilot and i beat them most of the time. Occasionally it taks a rematch but i do win with that lineup. And thats with a 4 star fo pilot.

Thats a very tough lineup to beat but it doesnt take its equal.to win, just another well synergized lineup.
    Look, good against pvp is one thing, good against the living, that’s something else.
  • scuba
    14071 posts Member
    Options

So your logic is that this "team" is hard to beat so the "characters" have to be nerfed?
  • Options

Unless you are a whale, I doubt highly most of those characters are of importance. What is your normal arena line up?
  • Options
    Around 20 are important. Phasma, Ren,Dooku, Lumi and Vader