The level 70 cap increase is coming.....

Replies

• Options
    Did it just happen? It made me reset my game. I can't be sure though, I'm 200 exp away from 60 and don't want to waste energy today with using dailies to get 60.
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Options
    Very disappointed
  • Options
    yes it happened
  • Options
    Game update is live and the notes for it can be found here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/6088/game-update-1-14-2016#latest
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Options
    wow, wouldn't this have been nice to have been as an IN GAME ANNOUNCEMENT. Seriously, if you don't know how to use your own system properly hire someone who can.
  • Options
    Omg it happening !!!1!!1!1111

Now in 2 days I'll be level 61!!!!!!
  • Options
    Weird... I don't see an update or note anything different when I log in @ 2:14 PM EST. I even restarted my phone. Not sure how to get it updated?
  • Options
    @Towani if you are playing then you have the update. Please see my post that is a few replies up for everything that was updated.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Options
    Towani wrote: »
    Weird... I don't see an update or note anything different when I log in @ 2:14 PM EST. I even restarted my phone. Not sure how to get it updated?

Nothing to be excited.. simply lev cap is increased, but no new contents..
  • Options
    you can farm dooku and barris from cantina now
  • Towani
    30 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    @Towani if you are playing then you have the update. Please see my post that is a few replies up for everything that was updated.

Oh - I think I see it... I assumed when the level cap got raised to level 70, it meant we'd be able to up our characters to level 70 as well. So we can go to 70, but they're stuck at level 60. Lol.
  • Options
    As they should be.
    Elyndria wrote: »
    Dario wrote: »
    Elyndria wrote: »
    no new content besides the level increase..

Iam pretty disappointed it's only level cap...

yep and the p2w people will be 4-5 levels ahead to 70 probably

• Options
    Most important part of the update: Dooku and Barriss available in Squad Cantina battles. For F2P players who reach these and 3-star them out, this represents ~300% increase in the number of shards per day they can gain (assuming 100 crystals burned on an energy refill) which is a pretty huge increase towards unlocking and starring up these top-tier heroes.

Minor, but still welcome boost is having Poe available from Hard Mode (previously he was Shipment only, of course) and having an additional battle per day to farm for unlocking Rey, Anakin, and Ima Gun-di.

Con: Lots of repeat hero rewards here. Finn, Plo Koon, and Luke dropping in hard mode is sorta useless when Squad Cantina is a more efficient pay-out. Additional Squad Cantina battles dropping Talia, Consular, Luke, Chewbacca, and Finn shards is even more of a waste. The "Chromium Only" heroes and Darth Vader remain unfarmable.
  • Options
    Could have put this as a warning/announcement in the actual game instead of just on the forums. Thanks.
  • Scorpion1980
    246 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    no new content.... :'( not.even any special packs, nothing...awww
  • Options
    Sorry to be a spoil sport but what happens to all the hard earned and literally paid for xp points?
  • Options
    Only lvl cap what a crap :(
  • Options
    Jed wrote: »
    wow, wouldn't this have been nice to have been as an IN GAME ANNOUNCEMENT. Seriously, if you don't know how to use your own system properly hire someone who can.

It is in a newsletter that pops up when you login genius.
  • Artas
    223 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe I am missing here a point but WHY to put same characters like Luke, Talia, Chewbacca and Jedi Consular in new Cantina battles??? We were able to source them in Cantina stage 1 and so on...
  • Options
    I guess the higher cantina lvls give better mats but its still not the greatest addition
  • Options
    Artas wrote: »
    Maybe I am missing here a point but WHY to put same characters like Luke, Talia, Chewbacca and Jedi Consular in new Cantina battles??? We were able to source them in Cantina stage 1 and so on...

I guess if you're farming those particular shards you may get better potential side rewards along with the shards.
  • Options
    Is there a way to reset daily activities for the day? I just saw this post but did a bunch of daily activities and lost out on some valuable XP for the day. If not, no big deal but thought I'd ask. Thanks!
  • Options
    It seems the retreat in Galactic War is now fixed. If you retreat, you start over for that fight. Man, and I had just found out about this....oh well, can't be sad when I wasn't able to use it for more than a day or two!
  • Options
    This is a friendly reminder that you may not want to redeem your daily rewards after midnight tonight so that you can cash in on those extra experience points once the update is live :)

@EA_Jesse can you clarify what you mean by cashing in on extra experience points? I waited to redeem my daily rewards but after the update it appears that the daily tasks still have the exact same XP reward as before the update. For example, 5 hard battles was 100 XP before the update and is still 100 XP after the update. Am I missing something here or what do you mean by extra XP after the update is live?
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • Preemo_Magin
    1826 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Taragor wrote: »
    It seems the retreat in Galactic War is now fixed. If you retreat, you start over for that fight. Man, and I had just found out about this....oh well, can't be sad when I wasn't able to use it for more than a day or two!

Nice. Now it's goong to be interesting as you can't UNDO taunt, debuffs, heal immunity or use speed + retreat as a gammit. "Yeah, try again, but you need to beat the enemy cleanly all through"....

Can anyone confirm? I have already finished GW and can't check.
  • Options
    oTradeMark wrote: »
    This is a friendly reminder that you may not want to redeem your daily rewards after midnight tonight so that you can cash in on those extra experience points once the update is live :)

@EA_Jesse can you clarify what you mean by cashing in on extra experience points? I waited to redeem my daily rewards but after the update it appears that the daily tasks still have the exact same XP reward as before the update. For example, 5 hard battles was 100 XP before the update and is still 100 XP after the update. Am I missing something here or what do you mean by extra XP after the update is live?

She said not to claim your daily rewards. It is XP that you can claim at any time.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    oTradeMark wrote: »

She said not to claim your daily rewards. It is XP that you can claim at any time.

Nevermind I figured it out. Jesse was referring to people who had already hit level 60 and would've wasted the rewards prior to the update. I thought the way it was worded that the daily XP rewards would be increased after the update.
    GamingUpgrade.com - Gaming Guides | oTradeMark - YouTube Channel | Team iNstinct - Guild
  • Options
    They killed GW too..
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    Ivadek wrote: »
    They killed GW too..

Have you tried it? I didn't find out that much more difficult.
  • Options
    Ivadek wrote: »
    They killed GW too..
    It is easier now.