I'm Offended by Guild Member Poaching

Prev13
A number of members in my SHATTERPOINT Guild are being actively targeted in recruitment by members of...wait for it...Team Instinct. The sizzle is the opportunity to complete 6 heroic raids a week while getting ready for "the inevitable" Guild vs Guild feature add, and 100 members who act as 1.

I have yet to be poached and feel I am definitely a quality target. How can you judge members simply by their roster TI? Everyone knows it's not the size of your roster but how you use it!

I will be waiting for your message how ever you are finding our members.

Respectfully,

Alexian

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

I have yet to be poached and feel I am definitely a quality target. How can you judge members simply by their roster TI? Everyone knows it's not the size of your roster but how you use it!

Hhmmm....this seems a little like advertising not so much being offended.
  • Options
    Are you complaining about poaching and asking to be poached in the same post?
  • Options
    Dumb post
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    So your not offended your members are being poached your offended your not being poached... no shame... you will do well in TI
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    Everyone knows it's not the size of your roster but how you use it!

Yeah, yeah but certain females, I mean game modes prefer the opposite. Like GW.
  • Options
    As a current member of Alpha Squad and original member of Shatterpoint I say too bad so sad. Maybe if your leadership weren't rude throwing out people who were a little underpowered when the first raids hit despite getting full coins daily. Oh well I enjoy the people better in Alpha Squad better anyway
  • Options
    Your thread offends me :D
  • Options
    Of course I don't want to be poached - hence - SARCASM - wow guys I'll try to dial down the creativity of my posts lol
  • Options
    It's hard to write a "Hey TI - cut the ______" without it being removed
  • Options
    Greeniejr wrote: »
    As a current member of Alpha Squad and original member of Shatterpoint I say too bad so sad. Maybe if your leadership weren't rude throwing out people who were a little underpowered when the first raids hit despite getting full coins daily. Oh well I enjoy the people better in Alpha Squad better anyway

The leader you are referring was ousted for his actions. We threw a tree on him a long, long time ago.
  • Options
    Greeniejr wrote: »

Thanks David - good news is that was Team Shatterpoint - since then we had a mutiny and took over leadership and created a new guild when he wouldn't pass leadership over to the 49 members who stood up to it. Hence we are now SHATTERPOINT!

• licky
    112 posts Member
    Options
    sorry but theyre adding a guild vs guild feature?! yay
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Hey Danger, I looked at your roster. It's too weak for TI. Work on your ugnaught and mob enforcer and reapply.

Thanks
  • Options
    Not all the self proclaimed "pretty girls" get asked to the dance. Such is life.
  • Stormy
    951 posts Member
    Options
    Hey Danger- I believe you are upset from some messages I had sent out to a few people who had app' to our guild in the past. I assure you no guild was specifically targeted, and it may just be coincidence that a few of the individuals are in your guild. Sorry for the confusion, and sorry to let you down about your guild being specifically targeted :(
  • Options
    Keep playing games TI and I will make you pay!!
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Chucky1024 wrote: »

I think they can afford what you will charge
  • Options
    Just noticed your on my shard alexian, been trying to find some of the others. I like your arena team I run similar but I'm still a ways out from a max sun fac...
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    Stormy wrote: »
    Hey Danger- I believe you are upset from some messages I had sent out to a few people who had app' to our guild in the past. I assure you no guild was specifically targeted, and it may just be coincidence that a few of the individuals are in your guild. Sorry for the confusion, and sorry to let you down about your guild being specifically targeted :(

Even if they have applied earlier, the fact that some people are now in a guild does not change. It is hard in these times to keep members in a guild from quitting there is no reason why there should also be poaching of strong members at the same time (more like ever).

It is quite a different thing if you reach out to players who are guild-less and actively looking for a new guild or if you reach out to a player who is in a guild, not looking for a new place. The fact that once upon a time someone applied but then was turned down doesn't really justify poaching either.
  • Options
    Barrok wrote: »
    Hey Danger, I looked at your roster. It's too weak for TI. Work on your ugnaught and mob enforcer and reapply

I saw yours Barrock. I'm not impressed!
  • Options
    DashRendar wrote: »
    Just noticed your on my shard alexian, been trying to find some of the others. I like your arena team I run similar but I'm still a ways out from a max sun fac...

Nice Dash - what's your in game?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    MBL_66 wrote: »
    Chucky1024 wrote: »

I think they can afford what you will charge

Lol. Nicely played.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

For the record, Tony's message to our players does not refer to any previous app. He says he was "looking into some active players with similar rosters to players in TI"

Not cool and very much different than a coincidental message to an old applicant.
  • Options
    Ignoring the blindingly painful ability to recognize sarcasm; I think so far the point is maybe being missed. Simply put, and I don't think I'm making too much of this - it's not respecting other guilds, its members, the time that people have put into this game and the community at large.

Having read the recruitment messages; there is nothing that mentions a previous application to TI or an expressed interest (I'm not saying there wasn't one, simply that it's not mentioned - but maybe it comes from a different member as well). Instead, it reads like a form letter emailed out to people high on leader boards advertising just how great TI is (and I'm sure it is a terrific group and I appreciated your letter to the developers) and asking whether someone would be interested. Thus, I agree that specific guilds are not being targeted as much as talented players wherever they are.

What this does though is ignore all context of the person already being in a guild, asking about whether they even would have an interest of switching, as well as the recent events of the past month that might locate such an invitation as a lot of guilds have lost members.

It are these absences - both with respect to the individual and their guild - that come across disrespectful; that it can happen to any player within any guild just adds to the sense of disrespect.

Though then again, within the context of poor developer communication and the ongoing lack of response and partnership; perhaps disrespect should be expected - even if I think we can do better.

Yama
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    Parataxic wrote: »
    Ignoring the blindingly painful ability to recognize sarcasm; I think so far the point is maybe being missed. Simply put, and I don't think I'm making too much of this - it's not respecting other guilds, its members, the time that people have put into this game and the community at large.

Having read the recruitment messages; there is nothing that mentions a previous application to TI or an expressed interest (I'm not saying there wasn't one, simply that it's not mentioned - but maybe it comes from a different member as well). Instead, it reads like a form letter emailed out to people high on leader boards advertising just how great TI is (and I'm sure it is a terrific group and I appreciated your letter to the developers) and asking whether someone would be interested. Thus, I agree that specific guilds are not being targeted as much as talented players wherever they are.

What this does though is ignore all context of the person already being in a guild, asking about whether they even would have an interest of switching, as well as the recent events of the past month that might locate such an invitation as a lot of guilds have lost members.

It are these absences - both with respect to the individual and their guild - that come across disrespectful; that it can happen to any player within any guild just adds to the sense of disrespect.

Though then again, within the context of poor developer communication and the ongoing lack of response and partnership; perhaps disrespect should be expected - even if I think we can do better.

Yama

+1 nicely said
  • Danger_Monkey731
    45 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Barrok wrote: »
    Hey Danger, I looked at your roster. It's too weak for TI. Work on your ugnaught and mob enforcer and reapply.

Thank you Barrok, good to know. Curiously my roster is rated higher than Stormy's, but perhaps since I didn't focus on maxing Ugnaught and Mob Enforcer yet that is where I went wrong.

Stormy - perhaps when we go GvG - we will get paired up since our rosters are almost identical...
  • Options

Dash rendar is in game name too. I'm in the 70s now in arena, usually hover around the 50s before payout, but I'm always eying up the top spots. Just trying to keep up!
  • Options

Dash rendar is in game name too. I'm in the 70s now in arena, usually hover around the 50s before payout, but I'm always eying up the top spots. Just trying to keep up!

Look forward to seeing you at the top soon
  • Stormy
    951 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

For the record, Tony's message to our players does not refer to any previous app. He says he was "looking into some active players with similar rosters to players in TI"

Not cool and very much different than a coincidental message to an old applicant.

Thanks for putting light on the fact that if you know my name, you know my email, and if you know my email, it's because I was emailed first with an app. Thanks for clarification on how I found the individuals I messaged.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    I've had a couple of mates "quit" only to join another guild. Some leave the guild without even saying goodbye. That's the part that hurts. Just say, I'm off to greener pastures (for me) or **** EA I'm out, and the guild will adjust accordingly.

And as a leader, I see no issue in trying to recruit, PM's are best like a job, you don't tell your boss, "I am being recruited by <competitor>".

Let them get strong.