I'm Offended by Guild Member Poaching

13Next

Replies

• Options
    Parataxic wrote: »
    Scruples and a question of right and wrong makes this more of a moral conversation, we can have it, but it's not the one I've been trying to have (though to your question, professional sports teams often get into trouble with tampering with players, such as when they try to recruit them to sign while they are under contract with another team - but that is clearly not the case here).

My argument centered around a question of respect, which I defined as recognizing something of context. I appreciate the posting of the form letter, but draw different conclusions (I know you're shocked).

Simply, that it failed to respect the players current situation - hell it didn't really acknowledge it. Instead, it proceeded off an application from who knows how long ago (again, simply saying hey you applied back in May avoids this issue) to make an offer. That's why Ke's question is valid - it tries to get into the details.

Is it the biggest deal in this game, of course not, but is it a straight poach, c'mon, we know it is. Most likely it was one of many sent out to all the top players - it's more convenient to do that.

Imagine though if you were on the receiving end - wouldn't you feel more respected if you got something of a personal letter that related to the fact that you applied at a certain point in time, or expressed an interest in what you'd been up to (yup I'm now giving poaching pointers).

Personally, I have no antipathy towards TI, I don't even have any members on my shard, I think they help and value the game more than most and I'm sure will be at the front of cracking the next raid.

But, I do think they erred here - which as I've also said isn't a huge deal and is more symptomatic of the game than anything else.

Anyways I think I've yammered on enough :)

• Options
    Cheers to TI. Good to see you are getting more active on the forums again. Let's hope this new raid separates the powerful guilds from the everyday guilds.
  • Options
    This is one of those times where you are both right and wrong.
    Side 1) TI took time to message specific players an invite in polite discrete manor. Saves on unwanted replys and much more personable. No bad mouthing or other shenanigans you see with recruiting on other games.

Side 2) TI should post and recruit like everyone else. The way the community operates.

Verdict-I would be upset if my best players were offered as well. I can understand that!! You could send TI members invites but people like to upgrade. Would you be as upset if a T4 reading guild had made the offer?
    That nugget of truth is the real ember that stokes your fire.

You guys should move on though.
    Just an opinion from the side. Don't know anyone involved but it is starting to sound like rich guys fighting over who's Bimmer is nicer. You are both better then that.
  • Options
    Zip0zilch wrote: »
    This is one of those times where you are both right and wrong.
    Side 1) TI took time to message specific players an invite in polite discrete manor. Saves on unwanted replys and much more personable. No bad mouthing or other shenanigans you see with recruiting on other games.

Side 2) TI should post and recruit like everyone else. The way the community operates.

Verdict-I would be upset if my best players were offered as well. I can understand that!! You could send TI members invites but people like to upgrade. Would you be as upset if a T4 reading guild had made the offer?
    That nugget of truth is the real ember that stokes your fire.

You guys should move on though.
    Just an opinion from the side. Don't know anyone involved but it is starting to sound like rich guys fighting over who's Bimmer is nicer. You are both better then that.

Well said and appreciated. Look at this more as a creative way to put it out there that we don't want solicitation in our neighborhood. I wouldn't have shared as OP if several guild members didn't appreciate their being solicited by looking through SWGOH.com at who has the highest ranking rosters. Once again - just one of the only recourses we have to kindly ask to be taken off the solicitation list. I feel mission accomplished on our end and if it helped TI in open recruiting at the same time - job well done for all.

I hope that in anticipation of GvG that we can develop and perhaps even incite friendly rivalries. Consider this an attempt to do so SPvTI.
  • Options
    I have read a few of these threads where Team Instinct have messaged people to join, and quite honestly, I think some people need to get over themselves a bit.

In the real world, people get contacted and approached with offers of employment every now and then. It's referred to as "headhunting". It's not illegal, even immoral, it's a way of life, and often to the benefit of the individual. If the person being headhunted likes their job, and their co-workers, they won't be tempted to leave. If the salary, benefits and what have you are great, well, it may be a different story.

In fact, well done Team Instinct for trying to headhunt the best players for their group. Clearly, folks happy and content with their guild will politely decline; others may not. But coming here to whine about people leaving your guild is just...well....I'm sorry, I don't think you have a leg to stand on.
  • KeKattia
    1118 posts Member
    Options
    KyleKatarn wrote: »
    I have read a few of these threads where Team Instinct have messaged people to join, and quite honestly, I think some people need to get over themselves a bit.

In the real world, people get contacted and approached with offers of employment every now and then. It's referred to as "headhunting". It's not illegal, even immoral, it's a way of life, and often to the benefit of the individual. If the person being headhunted likes their job, and their co-workers, they won't be tempted to leave. If the salary, benefits and what have you are great, well, it may be a different story.

In fact, well done Team Instinct for trying to headhunt the best players for their group. Clearly, folks happy and content with their guild will politely decline; others may not. But coming here to whine about people leaving your guild is just...well....I'm sorry, I don't think you have a leg to stand on.

I think the entire issue had been resolved already prior to your post. We had differences in opinion but as far as I know this has been left behind.

This was also not to whine as there were no members leaving this guild in the course, the main reason was as stated by Alexian:
    I wouldn't have shared as OP if several guild members didn't appreciate their being solicited by looking through SWGOH.com at who has the highest ranking rosters. Once again - just one of the only recourses we have to kindly ask to be taken off the solicitation list. I feel mission accomplished on our end and if it helped TI in open recruiting at the same time - job well done for all.

• SeaWhy
    84 posts Member
    Options
    My biggest issue is that everytime someone joins TI, one of their officers gets to kick a puppy...at least that's what I heard.