/slowhandclap - AKA "Well Done" to "The Company Who Shall Not Be Named"

Prev1
Lillegre
253 posts Member
edited September 2016
To all those at "The Company Who Shall Not Be Named", I really want to applaud you all, no really!

In every other online game I have ever played, which are many, including Diablo 2, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest2, Phantasy Star Online etc, it is usual practice that whenever a change is made favouring the player base, it is made sooner rather than later...

Having just downloaded the 78 Mb client update, with 90 minutes left to go on the "Credit Heist" event, I was somewhat happy that, having 4/5 of the required toons, I might have a shot at a few credits if IG88 counted,

So, I have seen the benefit of most of the patch notes, my toon order has readjusted, toon power realigned, I even got the new button to disable guild alerts... but no "scoundrel" tag on IG88...

Mean and petty... #thatisall

I no longer support the stance of my younger / drunker self
Post edited by Lillegre on

Replies

• Radonis
    504 posts Member
    Options
    They said most of the update will go live friday and some might be already in the game with the latest update so dont know what your complaining about?
  • Sinari
    112 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    "here's new scoundrels!"

"oh, you wanted to use them for the credit event this week? No. You have to wait or grind crap characters. "

He's complaining about EA throwing him a bone, and then reeling it back slowly with fishing line while staring grimly at anyone who notices them sitting in the bushes.

Frankly, I don't really blame him.
  • BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I know you said you read the patch notes, this was at the very top.

Please note that some of these changes are already live, but not all of them will be until August 5th.

Edit: and please try not to use "CG" in post titles, I changed that for you. :)

• Radonis
    504 posts Member
    Options
    How were they throwing him a bone they never said that they would be ready for the next credit heist event. Like i said they said most of the stuff in the patch notes would go up friday. And i seem to think this credit heist even wasnt a full 12 days as the last time we waited for it cause people were like it should show up more often like on thursday like every 7 days instead of 12 so they did that and here is someone to complain about it.
  • Sinari
    112 posts Member
    Options
    Just pointing it out, BW, the vague "some, but not all" kind of leads us down this beaten path. Beaten like a horse.
  • Options
    Radonis wrote: »
    They said most of the update will go live friday and some might be already in the game with the latest update so dont know what your complaining about?

My point is, they pushed a major client update... 78Mb worth infact, but they omitted the small, slight change that could have benefited some people.... that is just tight....

Seems Capital Games would not give you the steam of their coffee
  • Options
    Lillegre wrote: »

My point is, they pushed a major client update... 78Mb worth infact, but they omitted the small, slight change that could have benefited some people.... that is just tight....

Not everyone has got it yet, that's probably the reason part of it are not "turned on" as of yet. Some people will not get the update until tomorrow.

I am not sure what any of this has to do with Coffee. :/
  • Radonis
    504 posts Member
    Options
    Hey Bent isnt the credit heist sooner than we usually get it or i mean like it didnt take as long to come around this time as the last time?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

they gave us more scoundrels though. So why not be thankfull for all the credit heists to come, instead of getting your panties in a twist because you missed this one?
    I agree that its pretty lame they arent scoundrels for this event, but your reaction isnt a winner either.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    I know you said you read the patch notes, this was at the very top.

Please note that some of these changes are already live, but not all of them will be until August 5th.

Edit: and please try not to use "CG" in post titles, I changed that for you. :)

Clearly, you are a staffer, and have a job to do. I appreciate that.

However, as an employee of EA, do you have permission from 20th Century Fox to use their IP as your Avatar? Just saying... pretty sure that is not "fair use"... just saying..
  • Options
    The credit heist seems earlier than normal. I'm not complaining. Free credits are free credits, tag change or not.
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    Options
    Quit crying man. Your stoopid ig88 will have his scoundrel tag sometime soon.
  • Sinari
    112 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

Metaphor for them being tightwads. Immeasurable ones.

It's been awhile since I was excited about patches or updates with this game. This idea of maybe competing in credit heist without sinking 45million credits in a hole was appealing; for sure. (max IG-88 on my arena team and 6* STHan chilling on my bench like am Eskimo with nothing to do)

Using vague statements about "some, but not all" is a "CYA" tactic, definitely, but I can't help but feel consistently let down and beaten by this idea that things will go back to being fun, engaging, or worth my time and effort.

Lemme tell you, that I don't want to sink 45million credits into characters I don't WANT to play in order to alleviate an issue that could easily be remedied and was intentionally implemented as thus. Additionally, I don't want to spend 45million credits for this, and then take 45 weeks to recoup my loss on a mobile game, when by that time there will be a level cap increase, new content, and more characters further crunching our credits and intentionally halting progression.

That part's ridiculously stupid and you know it.
  • Options
    Sinari wrote: »

Metaphor for them being tightwads. Immeasurable ones.

It's been awhile since I was excited about patches or updates with this game. This idea of maybe competing in credit heist without sinking 45million credits in a hole was appealing; for sure.

Using vague statements about "some, but not all" is a "CYA" tactic, definitely, but I can't help but feel consistently let down and beaten by this idea that things will go back to being fun, engaging, or worth my time and effort.

Lemme tell you, that I don't want to sink 45million credits into characters I don't WANT to play in order to alleviate an issue that could easily be remedied and was intentionally implemented as thus. Additionally, I don't want to spend 45million credits for this, and then take 45 weeks to recoup my loss on a mobile game, when by that time there will be a level cap increase, new content, and more characters further crunching our credits and intentionally halting progression.

That part's **** **** and you know it.

Amen!

I spent another £15 on this game tonight, in addition to all the £££ before it, 2 more fails at pulling GSpy and 2 fails at getting anywhere near the 1.58 million eluded (hint: my chance at getting a 2x or 3x multiplier seems very low) to on the credit card wrapper, I thought I might be in for a treat with the client update.... WRONG!
  • SkyCake
    188 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe using Star Wars Galaxies as an example of positive changes made was a bad idea... (( kidding ))
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    I don't want...I do want.... Takes time playing these kinds of games to get what you want. Aaaaaand you can play for free. Aaaaand you can still be competitive in Arena with free heroes. Aaaand yeah, we can all share our frustrations, just trying to point out the lots of awesome there is here. Lookin' for a glass half full.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    SkyCake wrote: »
    Maybe using Star Wars Galaxies as an example of positive changes made was a bad idea... (( kidding ))

Up until NGE, it was all fine! I was an early unlock Jedi on EU-Farstar... Unlocked on my last profession TKM!

Ran about 4 accounts, to have a full service team... I can't remember most of the toons names, apart from my uber Doctor toon, Chewbuffa... I still can't believe that was not taken!!
  • Options
    Hey Bent isnt the credit heist sooner than we usually get it or i mean like it didnt take as long to come around this time as the last time?

Yeah it's supposed to be a random numbers of days (averaging once a week) the idea is it's a "surprise robbery" (Hence the mighty C.U.P trying to stop those scoundrels getting away with that cash)

• Options
    I don't want...I do want.... Takes time playing these kinds of games to get what you want. Aaaaaand you can play for free. Aaaaand you can still be competitive in Arena with free heroes. Aaaand yeah, we can all share our frustrations, just trying to point out the lots of awesome there is here. Lookin' for a glass half full.

Dude, I pay! not like mortgage amount, but certainly way more than you'd want your hotel bill to be!
  • Sinari
    112 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

Optimism is fine, I guess, but fails to manage water weight when faced with realism. It's not about that I can play free (lots of companies do this without bending me over a table. Like Square Enix, and they get my money now). Do you know what an unrealistic expectation is, sir? I don't want it given to me. I want to earn it and feel I did, but you gotta take the razor wire off the prize first. If you increased credit availability we would still have to obtain said resource. I don't want it sent to my inbox. I want to invest time, and u love collector games with the rpg/strategy elements. This whole "increase stars to increase power" is what I look for in mobile games, most of the time.

Give me reasonable access to resources. I'm not asking for something crazy.

Being competitive in arena now requires a ton of credits, gear (needs credits), mods (credits), promotions (largest credit investment next to levels), and levels (credits!). I mean if you wanna take a team of 5* nobodies into a competitive shard, or even section of pvp above 200 on any shard, that's a different story. You need resource, and we're choking on fumes.

Oh, and GW still punishes players, devs still aren't addressing issues, pvp in itself is a horrific mess and all we know that's on the rise are new characters, a new raid, and no fix/change to mods/gw.

Maybe they'll fix it in a year. Jesse did mention that next year, these issues won't exist. Optimistic, right?
  • Max10
    43 posts Member
    Options
    Is it randomly generated? Or is there a hat with only 8-12 in it and somebody picks it on the day the event is live to determine when the next one will be?
  • Options

Optimism is fine, I guess, but fails to manage water weight when faced with realism. It's not about that I can play free (lots of companies do this without bending me over a table. Like Square Enix, and they get my money now). Do you know what an unrealistic expectation is, sir?

Being competitive in arena now requires a ton of credits, gear (needs credits), mods (credits), promotions (largest credit investment next to levels), and levels (credits!). I mean if you wanna take a team of 5* nobodies into a competitive shard, or even section of pvp above 200 on any shard, that's a different story. You need resource, and we're choking on fumes.

#agree

I am happy to pay to play, paid for 4 accounts on SWG, 3 on EQ2, 2 on Diablo2, 3 on EvE, quite happy to drop the coin... TBH I would prefer this game to be a £10/mo subscription with MICROpayments on top of that... i.e 1/4 or less of their current rates...
  • Sinari
    112 posts Member
    Options

Optimism is fine, I guess, but fails to manage water weight when faced with realism. It's not about that I can play free (lots of companies do this without bending me over a table. Like Square Enix, and they get my money now). Do you know what an unrealistic expectation is, sir?

#agree

I am happy to pay to play, paid for 4 accounts on SWG, 3 on EQ2, 2 on Diablo2, 3 on EvE, quite happy to drop the coin... TBH I would prefer this game to be a £10/mo subscription with MICROpayments on top of that... i.e 1/4 or less of their current rates...

As sad as it is, I'd rather pay 10 a month to sub and not have all of this crap shoved down my throat. Not have all these walls intentionally placed to slow progression.

It's like they don't want us to play, and spend time fixing things that aren't broken.
  • Options
    35543574.jpg
  • Options
    You can have your cake, just can't eat it...
  • Options
    Max10 wrote: »
    Is it randomly generated? Or is there a hat with only 8-12 in it and somebody picks it on the day the event is live to determine when the next one will be?

Essentially, they have said it only has a chance to pop in a weekday and respawns every 6 - 12 days, but only on a weekday

Basically 2.5 times a month...
  • Options
    35543574.jpg

/petsthebunny /contemplatesthrowingapokeball #stealsthepancake
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    OP is being Petty Wap, Richard Petty, Petty LaBelle, Tom Petty, Petty Pendergrass, Pettyton the Bear, Petty LePew and Petty Van Halen all in one.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    pac0naut wrote: »
    OP is being Petty Wap, Richard Petty, Petty LaBelle, Tom Petty, Petty Pendergrass, Pettyton the Bear, Petty LePew and Petty Van Halen all in one.

Go ahead and JUMP or maybe eat some marmalade sandwiches....

• Options
    Lillegre, I understand your frustration, but it was my understanding that the scoundrel tags would not be released in time for the credit heist. IF!!! they had released the scoundrel tag before your credit heist ended, your original post would probably be more heated. One facet of the heist that no one has mentioned, is that it runs from 7AM to 10PM local time for where ever your profile indicates you are. I still have about 8 hours left. That would have meant that you would have 45 minutes to use your '88 and I would have most of the time in the event to use mine.

I don't want to be an apologist for the devs, but I think that was some forethought into delaying the roll-out of the new tags.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick!" Theodore Roosevelt. "You know that's right!" Rey