5 star mods can now be purchased through mod shipments

Replies

• Options
    Logic would say

Heroes need an average of 2 raid items at 1400-1615 each
    So since each hero needs six mods they should be under 1400

Not almost triple the price per one.....
    Yeah man this is just too much.. I dunno how anyone can justify paying over 10 dollars for a single mod... There are extremely rare mods on sale for 30 dollars worth of crystals. Maybe tone it down a bit ea. The best possible mods should not exceed 1,400 crystals. If you make the price accessible to more people than it is likely people will buy them, or atleast save up for it!

I don't actually mind the credit mods, I just wish we made a bit more from gw
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    pac0naut wrote: »
    pac0naut wrote: »
    What's a +4 speed primary max out to?

30 I think. Is it 5*?

5* grey

30 speed!
    https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=ELstYDXQph4

Yaaaaaaaaas.... 2 million credits. I got it. Worth it.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Finity
    309 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I'm just gonna play devils advocate here a little on the price. Now, considering I am f2p, I will say that the prices on their face is really high and I would never buy one... BUT that doesnt mean the price is wrong. Most people are chasing after mods with certain primary stats of a set. If you arent and you just want any Mk-5 mod, then this doesnt apply to you. But let's look at the Mk-5 Crit Damage Holo Array in the picture here: 3,629 crystals. Seems like a CRAZY price. Let's assume that it had the primary stat however you wanted in a triangle piece ,let's just say health%... think about all the variables it would take to get that piece...
    1) 1/3 chance of getting a Mk 5 instead of a Mk 4 or 3 (and 1/3 is generous as I think we can all safely assume that the chance of mk 5 is probably lower than a mk 4, which is lower than a mk 3)
    2) 1/6 chance of the triangle piece
    3) 1/6 chance of getting the health % primary stat on the triangle piece
    4) 1/5 chance of a Quality A mod (again, I think we can safely assume the chance of a Quality A is less than a B, which is less than a C, etc. etc., but we will assume it is even)
    5) 1/2 drop rate (assuming 50% just because they said it would be more than the 1/3 shard drop rate, but really it seems to be closer to 40%, but again lets assume a higher value)

When you combine all those chances (and this ignores the secondary stats), you have a 1/1080 chance of getting that particular mod when you run a Tier 3 Critical Damage Mod Challenge. Each run costs 16 cantina energy, so that is 1080*16 = 17,280 cantina energy. Let's assume that instead of buying it, you decide to try and farm it. Daily you get 120 cantina energy naturally, and let's assume you do the 100, 200 and 400 refresh. So now daily you get 480 cantina energy after spending 700 crystals. If you need 17,280 cantina energy to get this item on average and you get 480 cantina energy daily after refreshes, it will take you 17280/480 = 36 days to get this mod. Each of those days you have spent 700 crystals, so you have spent 700*36= 25,200 crystals to get this mod.

Now, the unaccounted for portion will be the other mods you get, the cantina shipment tokens, etc. But if you want this ONE particular mod, you can spend 3,629 crystals now and get it, or spend 25,200 crystals over 36 days (on average) to get it while playing the RNG game with SWGOH (a game I tend to lose) and then get the mod.

I still think the price is high, but that is mainly because I can't afford it, lol. But considering all the variables that go into getting a particular mod with a desired primary, I can understand the pricing.
    Post edited by Finity on
    Love SWGOH and want to keep it great! YouTube: Reality Skewed Gamers
  • Options
    Bro..@Finity No man should ever pay 30 dollars for a single mod, on a single toon, that in the grand scheme of things is not the biggest difference maker when you look at gear and what not. I felt bad paying 10 dollars for a single piece of gear. I'll feel even worse paying for a single mod. And I guess I'm more of a common man, I'm not a doctor or anything lol, but even if I was rich, I just can't justify the spending. Two mods can buy you a really good ps4 video game
  • Finity
    309 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Bro..@Finity No man should ever pay 30 dollars for a single mod, on a single toon, that in the grand scheme of things is not the biggest difference maker when you look at gear and what not. I felt bad paying 10 dollars for a single piece of gear. I'll feel even worse paying for a single mod. And I guess I'm more of a common man, I'm not a doctor or anything lol, but even if I was rich, I just can't justify the spending. Two mods can buy you a really good ps4 video game

LOL! Understood. I am not saying that anyone should buy it. Just wanted to give a view from a different side (even though it isnt one I agree with.) It is a lot and 3600 crystals can get you a lot more in this game. I am just saying that the price isnt unreasonable giving variables... that said I think they need to change the variables.

1/3 chance to get a mk 5 when you do tier 3 - Why shouldn't you just get mk 5 if you do tier 3? getting mk 4 and 3 seems insulting, especially after you got 5 5* characters of a faction.

1/2 drop rate - I think that this would be an improvement from what most people get, but the fact that it is barely higher than character shards at 40% (and personally with mod battles, I am closer to 1/5), it is upsetting.

Eliminating the 1/3 alone makes it a 1/360 chance instead of 1080. This makes it 8,400 crystals instead of 25,200. For whatever reason they used, if it takes 25,200 to farm the item, they priced it at 3,629 to compensate for all the other things you get, which is a factor of 7 roughly. By making it so the drop rate is 50% and you only get Mk 5, if you reduce 8,400 by a factor of 7, that same mod can now justifiably cost 1200 crystals, similar to raid gear in shipments. Seems more reasonable now, right?

My point wasnt to say the price is what it should be; it was to say that the price makes sense given the variability that goes into mods... but I think that the variability is bad. by making the mod drop rate 50% (and I would prefer 100%), and making it so that you only get mk5 from tier 3 challenges, just like I was able to justify the cost of 3,629 for the mod with the current circumstances, I could then justify that mod being worth 1,200 crystals. And at 1,200 crystals, I think people would buy it.
    Love SWGOH and want to keep it great! YouTube: Reality Skewed Gamers
  • Options
    ahahhaha off their rockers

I hope people know the differences between the colours. Stay away from these mods they are not worth any crystals.

Any mod not yellow level 1 tier 5 or higher isn't worth your investment. Even then you want the correct stats on that said yellow mod.

Yellow mods = all stats off the bat that will level with each increase.

If it ain't got speed...it ain't got my crystals lol
  • Options
    We should have a secondary mod market I'd sell mine @50% discount at what's offered lol
  • WildGrunt
    1230 posts Member
    Options
    Seknos wrote: »
    So about 25$ * 6 = 150$ to gear up one character ! So about 750$ to gear up your arena team, seems totally reasonable.

Very reasonable
  • Cuzzins
    345 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    That's where this game divides folks. there is no middle ground for spending. If there was stuff priced at say $2.99 to $4.99 I guarantee over the past 9 months I would have spent hundreds in micro transactions. I barely ever buy anything though because the prices are just silly. I understand the big money is in the people that can splurge $500 to $10000. But you'd think there are more of us smaller spenders that would actually wind up outnumbering the whales long term.

Edit: can't believe I had to change stup1d to silly because of censorship.
  • Sungsta
    163 posts Member
    Options
    I thought I read before you needed to complete all tier 1 challenges to get 4* mods, and all tier 2 challenges to get 5* mods - have they gotten rid of this requirement??
  • Options
    Sungsta wrote: »
    I thought I read before you needed to complete all tier 1 challenges to get 4* mods, and all tier 2 challenges to get 5* mods - have they gotten rid of this requirement??
    Yes
  • Sungsta
    163 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks escapeartist.

Hmm, I guess that reduces the need for me to farm first order... Can go back to farming more important stuff
  • Options
    Sungsta wrote: »

I would not be surprised if this is a "bug", that will give folks the taste of being able to purchase 5* mods, then in a few days it will be "fixed" - now we will be more motivated to complete all tier 2 challenges

• Options
    Whoah that definitely overpriced stuff up there, kudos to the guy who in charge monetizing the game and lead gently all their player into spending crystal(first credit nerf expect player to buy credit pack, second raid gear lead into focusing in shipment only no hardtime working over a gear now also third...of what happened now..again another crystal sink in) all lead into frustrating.
    Somehow i concerning that guys, don't they worry about overall quality of their product? Or just completely ignoring all their player base at same time of course do classic "grab money as fast as you can".
    I mean even chinese f2p game isn't overpriced as this one, sure they got ads pop up and not mention their typical cookie cutter type game, yes yes star wars is well known ip but preying on addict-whale to keep income in check, to me its quite toxic not surprised goh didnt even make top 200 on playstore top grossing :neutral:
    No wonder all those rumours are correct, no matter what im not trying to believe.
    Now i sound like talking to particular person now lol
    the cake is a lie
  • JarJar_Shard_1
    393 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Say what!? 30 dollars.....what would Tone Loc say about this......50 dollars?
    @EscapeArtist51

Chondrosarcoma- Chondro3150#0907
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    2,000 crystals to buy a 5* health mode with primary speed. oh my
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Say what!? 30 dollars.....what would Tone Loc say about this......50 dollars?
    @EscapeArtist51

This.... It's great!
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    Yellow mods = all stats off the bat that will level with each increase.

Only one random secondary stat levels at each of level 3, 6, 9, and 12. So they don't all level at each increase.
  • Chosen_One
    97 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    SO why can't we SELL MK5 Mods for Millions/Crystals?

Then this would solve many problems.
  • Options
    Ey yo @EscapeArtist51 cool info n thanks but isn't it a 5 ball mod not a 5 star mod?
  • VirtraThrad
    444 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I bought a speed primary arrows for 3.3k crystals with crit chance, potency, protection, and health as secondary sources. I felt wrong for spending so much, but what are the chances of getting a lvl 1 orange with those stats from a drop? I couldnt pass it up. #firstworldproblems
  • fudgra
    982 posts Member
    Options
    Seknos wrote: »
    So about 25$ /€ for one MOD ? Are you guys out of your mind ?
    Who is buying that seriously ?

You'd be surprised. Some people spend thousands upon thousands of dollars on this game. $20-30 per mod is nothing to them.

The drops are so bad and so random that a lot of people won't hesitate to drop that much for a 5* 30 speed critical damage mod. It's the only way to pick what you get and they've got us by the balls.

Working as intended.
  • Options
    Tbh this is no different to when gear landed in shipments so complaining about the price is counter productive.

If you really want it you will pay for it but like the majority of us you will do as the game intended and graft and farm the mods.

Did I spend a bit on raid gear? - yes as I wanted to keep up. Will I be spending money on mods? Hellllz no! Falling behind because of mods isn't likely

Although obtaining decent mods can be a pain they're still easier to farm than stun cuffs for example

Now I'm not saying the prices for mods are reasonable at all. They are intended to be high. Supply and demand. Sell 1mod at £20 at a high price and keep the market competitive or sell 4 at £5 and flood the market to the point where everyone is maxed and crying for another update. It makes perfect business sense for CG/EA however I recommend people do things the old fashioned way and play the game to get the rewards
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Options
    So they took away the requirements a week after announcing them. Looks like their turnover targets are high this month!

I'm a big spender in shipments, but gear is bought and then done forever. You keep it and it doesn't need replacing. Mods, by their very nature, are ultimately disposable. I won't spend big money on them, I'll take my time and farm them.

I'm also only playing the "mods game" with my arena and raiding teams. It's not worth the cost for the rest. I may mod out a couple more teams in the future if GW gets too challenging.
  • Danger_Monkey731
    45 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Title... Are you excited ladies and gentlemen? There are 5 star mods all over my mod shipments. Ones from challenges I haven't completed, such as offense mods. Theyre rather pricey aswell, coming in at 2,300 crystals or either 2.9m in credits. I have a pic but no clue how to upload it, so that's great. This is a solid update tbh.

Living in NYC I believe I have come to appreciate the strategy here. The purchases they are targeting from us consumers are the ones 600 crystals or 500K credits and below. Those purchases seem high for one mediocre mod or two, but maybe it's one you need to complete a set on a toon so you bought in. Then you realized how crazy you were for doing that and swear not to do it again....but wait there are now 3K crystal and 4M mods sandwiching the real target. I mean no one is going to buy at those ridiculous prices - however now the 600 crystal and 500K credit purchase don't feel like a colon cleansing.

Don't be fooled - it's the same theory though that has me spending a measly 15 crystals to refresh several times a day looking for the Holy Grail!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Title... Are you excited ladies and gentlemen? There are 5 star mods all over my mod shipments. Ones from challenges I haven't completed, such as offense mods. Theyre rather pricey aswell, coming in at 2,300 crystals or either 2.9m in credits. I have a pic but no clue how to upload it, so that's great. This is a solid update tbh.

Living in NYC I believe I have come to appreciate the strategy here. The purchases they are targeting from us consumers are the ones 600 crystals or 500K credits and below. Those purchases seem high for one mediocre mod or two, but maybe it's one you need to complete a set on a toon so you bought in. Then you realized how crazy you were for doing that and swear not to do it again....but wait there are now 3K crystal and 4M mods sandwiching the real target. I mean no one is going to buy at those ridiculous prices - however now the 600 crystal and 500K credit purchase don't feel like a colon cleansing.

Don't be fooled - it's the same theory though that has me spending a measly 15 crystals to refresh several times a day looking for the Holy Grail!

i've heard that certain people actually enjoy a good colon cleansing once in a while.
    OT: i'm not buying any of those mods. prices be crazy. But hey, a dead shark in a tank is worth 12million.. so i guess anything goes. You need to give it a interesting name though
    "The Physical Impossibility of Death in the Mind of Someone Living"
    damien-hirst-shark2.jpg

Save water, drink champagne!
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    Just wait for raids guys, 6/7* mods will blow these out of the water.
    i feel better farming 1/2* mods for the b/c/d/e teams. my arena team already has lvl 5 5* no need to spend.
  • Options
    Yeah I saw but I've switched to F2P after Mod nerf and there bait and switch and until they make it righ I'm not buying anything anymore or spending any money. Mod appreciation was a joke compared to what people spent, I hope people boycott the mods and other items as I do.
  • Options
    I'm F2P, and you'd best believe that I'm not using my hard-earned crystals or credits to buy individual mods. I will continue to build up my roster and take my chances with the Mod Challenge randomness.

3000+ crystals for a single mod is highway robbery!