Very sad that the unbalanced GW is considered working correctly...

Batdude21
29 posts Member
edited August 2016
Most folks can't win the last one or two nodes on a regular basis. Facing teams that wipe your entire roster. How is this working correctly? Why don't our complains matter?

Replies

• djlott
    469 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    How many 7* heroes do you have? What is your attack plan? Maybe we can help. It's not supposed to be easy but it's more balanced today than right after mods came out. I post this as a F2P with an Arena power of 39k and I finish daily. It's certainly not easy but you're talking about the last 2 nodes so you're almost there.

Try farming Lando and a rebel setup with Ackbar lead. Also Ewoks have served me well.
  • Options
    Please do not call out CG in post titles.. I fixed it for you.
  • Options
    I think it's fine, but getting what we need to complete and have fun with GW is not. They say we need multiple squads, yet it requires a large amount of credits to support multiple squads. Where are these credits meant to be coming from?
    Team Steroid Council Member - "A wise leader knows when to follow"
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Seriously, I was banging my head against the wall until I started using al my lvl1-15 heroes as suicide squads to fish those 11th and 12th nOde cooldowns, which allowed me now to finish the GW again. You have to try hard, but it is possible again, for me, when I thought it wasn't.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Paxus
    60 posts Member
    Options
    You can also "warm up" squads on the first 4 nodes and then use your A team from 5 on. That way your "suicide squads" have some TM built up.

But still, GW is still broken (I get green gear squads at node 12 still and that can't be intended) and the fact they keep saying it's working as intended is incredibly frustrating. It leaves the customer with the sense that the developers have no idea what their product is actually doing.
  • Options
    Same here
    It's sad that it's supposed to be that way, it's still reall unbalance
    Some times I can finish it with some works ( a lot of work) and some time it's just Imposible ( like today)

I ha d a really hard node 9 and super hard node 11 and an Imposible mode 12

Anaking as leader fully moded over 8K
    Speed of 196 all omegas
    He ha d4 clones same fully mode and omegas all over 8K plus Ayala fully mode omegas and at 7800 power

I needed te rancor to defeat that, my arena power it's 35K ( was 34 before the update). It was obviously a whale and for me was just Imposible to defeat specially after 3 really hard battles
  • Options
    GW is the only challenge left in the game. How is the game supposed to be fun if everything is just handed to you? Give it time and build a larger roster, then GW will become easy for you.
  • Options
    I know advice may not be what all fellow players are looking for but I'm going to try anyways.

On the first easy node you get, leave 3 of your 'elite' characters in and throw in Ackbar and Lando (If you have them). Do not use their specials, just their basics and make sure they both have TM at the end of the match (If the match is going to end with either of them getting the final blow, restart and switch it up so they both at least have over 50% TM preferably with Ackbar having more than Lando). Then do not use those characters again til 11 or 12 and start a match using them...Ackbar tactical genius, Lando double AOE (assuming at least 2 crits) plus 3 other attacks from your main team if they have any TM from the previous battle should be able to take out a couple toons?

On the next easy battle before you get to those final nodes, sub in STH and OB and same thing...don't taunt or use OB's special but make sure they end up with TM. Then you can start a hard node by using OB's special AND STH's taunt before any of the other team goes.

Other helpful units to TM prep are:
    Daka for her stun
    Teebo for stealth and TM reduction of a Rey or Leia before she stealths
    Chewie for a taunt
    Any useful Jawas in case you run into a droid team and can stun a couple before they can even move
    Dooku if you typically run into JKA lead teams in the final node.
    Phasma for a victory march
    Etc.

If you go into a node 11 or 12 battle after they have wiped out your A team with no TM prepped units, their entire team is likely going to go before yours and things are going to end badly.

The impression I get from a lot of people is that they send in their A team the entire first 10 battles and crush everyone and then lose horribly on 11 and 12 because their teams protection is gone...you really need to use those early battles to prep who you are going to need in node 11 and 12 with some TM to have the advantage since they are your weaker toons most likely.

To the OP...I am NOT saying this is the issue with you specifically! I am just posting this in this thread to offer advice to others who may be struggling.

• LordRath
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    The last poll on GW done on these forums showed 90% of people completed it daily. Hundreds of responses. Don't know if that's changed, but has been the same for me for quite a while. Unfortunate that you are struggling
  • Options
    @Batdude21 . YOU CAN RETREAT AT ANY TIME DURING ANY BATTLE. ALWAYS GET THE OUTCOME YOU WANT.

• Options
    Welcome to the forums, if you're not in the top 10% of players, you're wrong.
  • Aaron_Balton
    22 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    He's right.
    Heheh I'm jailed. As a cop.