Did anyone else beat the T2 challenges to unlock 5* mod shipments?

Nahow
29 posts Member
So the devs said this:
Prior to unlocking Mod Challenges only 1, 2 and 3 star Mods will be available in Mod Shipments.
Upon completion of ALL Tier 1 Mod Challenges 4 star Mods will start to appear in Mod Shipments.
Upon completion of ALL Tier 2 Mod Challenges 5 star Mods will start to appear in Mod shipments.
I spent a ton of resources to beat all the T2 challenges, so that I'd start to see 5-star mods in shipments. As overpriced as they may be, I thought it might be worth it for the perfect mod.
And now they've silently removed that requirement, after about a week? It kind of feels like I've been robbed. Have the devs said anything about whether this is intentional or a bug?

Replies

• Options
    cU8QcTs.jpg
    Dev response
  • Options
    Nahow wrote: »
    So the devs said this:
    Prior to unlocking Mod Challenges only 1, 2 and 3 star Mods will be available in Mod Shipments.
    Upon completion of ALL Tier 1 Mod Challenges 4 star Mods will start to appear in Mod Shipments.
    Upon completion of ALL Tier 2 Mod Challenges 5 star Mods will start to appear in Mod shipments.
    I spent a ton of resources to beat all the T2 challenges, so that I'd start to see 5-star mods in shipments. As overpriced as they may be, I thought it might be worth it for the perfect mod.
    And now they've silently removed that requirement, after about a week? It kind of feels like I've been robbed. Have the devs said anything about whether this is intentional or a bug?

They have? I beat the tier 2 challenges for the same reason.

I'm used to the back stabbing now.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    You guys buy a lot of those modshop mods, then? The ones for 2k crystals or 1.5 million credits?
    I'm curious what is the pot of gold at the end of this?
  • Wai
    124 posts Member
    Options
    Agree, dev pls response. At least, pls help us know wherher it is a bug.
  • Options
    Nahow wrote: »
    So the devs said this:

Only see 1 and 2 star in my store...
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    ^Now all you gotta do is complete defense mod challenge tier 2 to get 5 dot mods in the store. And beating tier 3 of the defense mod challenge increases the frequency of 5 dot mod. Before you have to compete tier 2 of all the mod challenges.

• Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    ^Now all you gotta do is complete defense mod challenge tier 2 to get 5 dot mods in the store. And beating tier 3 of the defense mod challenge increases the frequency of 5 dot mod. Before you have to compete tier 2 of all the mod challenges.

Jedi get all the love in this game....
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi? What that has to do with it? The mods cost 2,000 crystals each. You don't get a jedi discount.
  • Options
    WAI
  • Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    Jedi? What that has to do with it? The mods cost 2,000 crystals each. You don't get a jedi discount.

I was referring to it unlocking on the Jedi node, not the Jawa one say!
  • Options
    I beat all the tiers in 3 challenges and none in the others. 5* mods started to appear immediately after the scoundrel tag update. Abundantly.
  • Options
    No. You are the only one that beat T2 challenges. You are a special snowflake.... Why do people ask if they are the only one, obviously you´re not..
  • Options
    My guess is the devs realized it would take the average player way too long to farm a full team of jawa, first order, resistance, etc (shocker) so they intro'd the 5* mods into shipments to get around that. It does nothing to shorten the gap between the whales and the F2P/smaller spenders since the prices are so outrageous, but at least EA is making money off of it...
  • Options
    There is bug because i didnt complete all tier 2 but can already see some 5* mods in shipment
  • Options
    This could well be yet another bug, one that they will "fix" in the next update, and then we can call this pre-crafting 3.0 or 4.0 or 12.0, or whatever version we're up to now...
  • Options
    There is bug because i didnt complete all tier 2 but can already see some 5* mods in shipment

Apparently, working as intended... You don't send out mail if it was a bug!

29yrtif.jpg
  • Options
    I was working towards it, but got that message there ^ after finishing 4 tier 3s and another tier 1.
  • Options
    Lillegre wrote: »

Apparently, working as intended... You don't send out mail if it was a bug!

29yrtif.jpg

But I haven't touched the tenacity or speed challenges yet, and I have 5* mods all over my shipments. So that is a bug.
  • Options
    Palanthian wrote: »
    But I haven't touched the tenacity or speed challenges yet, and I have 5* mods all over my shipments. So that is a bug.

No, they just changed their mind. They don't want to put a big wall between you and your wallet!
  • Nahow
    29 posts Member
    Options
    Shizzaren wrote: »
    No. You are the only one that beat T2 challenges. You are a special snowflake.... Why do people ask if they are the only one, obviously you´re not..

Very sorry for upsetting you. If it makes you feel any better, the reason for my thread title was to see how other people who beat all the T2 challenges or were in the process of doing so feel about the change. I hadn't seen anyone complain about it yet.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    its easy they nerfed it cuz they are thirsty for crystals
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    I received mail in game and have seen the effect in my Mod Shipments screen. It's still under RNG, so they're not always there, but seen some decent ones. Didn't have the resources at the time, but it looks like it's working on my device.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    It's simple, they want your money and this is the easiest way to get it. Who can resist a lvl one golden mod with speed secondary for the low price of 3600 crystals? :wink:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    I wish I didn't have it unlocked. I liked buying rank one potency mods with potency primary for 90k credits. Now I'll probably never see one again.