Why I hate GW?

Prev1
luisgin
122 posts Member
I know there is a lot of post about GW, but I just want to voice my opinion. Before GW was not much of an issue for me, until Mods was introduced. Now once you get to the last battle, I aways have to fight someone with toons who are gear 9 or 10 with all 4* or 5* health and defense mods. How is this fair? I know GW suppose to be a challenge but not impossible.
Screenshot_2016_08_08_22_49_58.png

Replies

• lastii
    158 posts Member
    Options
    If you dont like it.... you have a Button in down left "Restart" use it and try your luck again :DB)
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options
    Ha.

M R B M is in my guild.
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry buddy.

Contrary to popular belief: GW is not about having a deep bench. Credit crunches and 50 units per slot (with 6 slots) to move to the next tier makes gearing a large roster impossible. GW is about having a single team that can beat multiple teams.

You are not at the point where your team can do that, and thus you suffer :(
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I do GW with 7 characters at most.

Ani Leader
    GS
    Qgj
    Rey
    RG
    Sun Fac
    Fotp

I have them fully modded geared and starred I dont use any other characters than that is stated

• Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    Smithie wrote: »

Ani Leader
    GS
    Qgj
    Rey
    RG
    Sun Fac
    Fotp

I have them fully modded geared and starred I dont use any other characters than that is stated

And thus you don't suffer.
  • Options
    Get droids
  • Rumpelstilzchen
    1754 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Toukai wrote: »
    Sorry buddy.

Contrary to popular belief: GW is not about having a deep bench. Credit crunches and 50 units per slot (with 6 slots) to move to the next tier makes gearing a large roster impossible. GW is about having a single team that can beat multiple teams.

I agree to a point. I prefer having my "A" team only fight purple nodes and 11,12 in the final fights. I have 2 lesser teams that handle the other battles. BUT my "A" team can fluctuate. I know some will be targeted and hit until gone, ignoring the rest of my team. I have done iron man runs (same team until the end) but it can take a bit, and I am not into making GW my job lol I throw suicide squads if I feel like it. But my 3 goto teams are getting things done for now. Currently 83/150

• Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry buddy.

I agree to a point. I prefer having my "A" team only fight purple nodes and 11,12 in the final fights. I have 2 lesser teams that handle the other battles. BUT my "A" team can fluctuate. I know some will be targeted and hit until gone, ignoring the rest of my team. I have done iron man runs (same team until the end) but it can take a bit, and I am not into making GW my job lol I throw suicide squads if I feel like it. But my 3 goto teams are getting things done for now. Currently 83/150

@Rumpelstilzchen
    Okay, I will admit, you need like 2-3 more characters.

I run Phasma (L), Leia, GS, Rey, QGJ until node 10. Then I will swap Bariss lead + RG whenever needed. Node 6 is a breeze with the Phasma lead because of TM stacks at start + march giving me almost two whole turns of Rey/Leia/QGJ/GS beat down.

However, node 10 has been known to kill one or two of my team (Anakin, 5s, SF, Leia, RG anyone?) and so I make up for it with IG88 and ST Han for the next nodes (dots + tm gains for whoever is alive).

However, lately, I havent needed ig88 or st han. My phasma team has made it through GW solely by itself the last 5 days.
  • Options
    Indeed, things are "Scripted" shall we say. Like Kylo, he will use his low end strike over and over on the same hero. When I face a team with him, I take way too much pleasure watching Rey split his wig with her staff. LOL There is a growing thought that there now exists a hit list in game. Meta teams are high on it. Heroes like Luminara (not because she is a healer, Conselor, Barriss, etc.. are not singled out like she is) Darth Maul, Capt Phasma, Royal Guard, are almost definitely top of the hit list. LOL
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    Options
    @Rumpelstilzchen
    Still, the fact does remain, you don't need a large roster. Several people here run pure droids and no healers or extras what so ever and still complete it. Personally, I am fine with GW being as tame as it is (since I am at the top of the food chain!). I cant imagine having to have two or three full g9-10 teams to get through GW. There are not enough credits as a f2p for that to happen.

I probably shouldnt have posted that... incoming credit RNG drops from GW!
  • Options
    @Rumpelstilzchen
    Still, the fact does remain, you don't need a large roster. Several people here run pure droids and no healers or extras what so ever and still complete it. Personally, I am fine with GW being as tame as it is (since I am at the top of the food chain!). I cant imagine having to have two or three full g9-10 teams to get through GW. There are not enough credits as a f2p for that to happen.

Well you just jinxed things. It's like saying "what could possibly go wrong?"
  • Options
    @Rumpelstilzchen

But...what could possibly go wrong?
  • Options
    boellefisk wrote: »
    @Rumpelstilzchen

But...what could possibly go wrong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKu7TYWNxqA

• Options
    Indeed, things are "Scripted" shall we say. Like Kylo, he will use his low end strike over and over on the same hero. When I face a team with him, I take way too much pleasure watching Rey split his wig with her staff. LOL There is a growing thought that there now exists a hit list in game. Meta teams are high on it. Heroes like Luminara (not because she is a healer, Conselor, Barriss, etc.. are not singled out like she is) Darth Maul, Capt Phasma, Royal Guard, are almost definitely top of the hit list. LOL

My JKA, 88 and 86 always seem to be on that hit list when I bring them in. Unfortunate since they aren't all in my arena squad so they aren't as geared up.
  • Options
    They made it easier as of late cuz everyone cried. And what gets me, even after its a cake walk now, people still are crying. Step your game up.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

Ani Leader
    GS
    Qgj
    Rey
    RG
    Sun Fac
    Fotp

@Smithie how is fotp working out for you? And is Ani always your leader? I feel like Teebo leader is amazing against double taunts and those counter teams with Dooku, Aayla, and Fives
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Smithie
    1427 posts Member
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »

Ani Leader
    GS
    Qgj
    Rey
    RG
    Sun Fac
    Fotp

@Smithie how is fotp working out for you? And is Ani always your leader? I feel like Teebo leader is amazing against double taunts and those counter teams with Dooku, Aayla, and Fives

Yeah am enjoying FOTP with Ani lead he gets alot of advantage he crits alot for 8k x 2 alot on his basic and his special does 18k crit
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Ur su0posed to get ur own mods. Everyone can get 5 dot health mods. Yeh we know. They're too expensive. They cost too much cantina energy. Too much rng.

Yet everyone else was kitted with health mods over two weeks ago, dude. F2p included.
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options
    LastJedi wrote: »

Yet everyone else was kitted with health mods over two weeks ago, dude. F2p included.

Not everyone got to partake in the 100% drop rate of mods.

• LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Everyone got them by now, enough to kit one team and at least mod lvl 9 or 12 by now. even the guys that did not get those mods for 100% drop. Except the guys waiting for mods to go away while they continued to farm jka and aayla shards.... and using all their credits to promote and level their gear 8 toons to 7s lvl 80.

Without spending a cent I have modded 16 toons with 4 and 5 dot healthe mods, built a scoundrel squad, maxed out my arena team gear, and am almost ready to clear crit damage Mod challenge tier 3 with 5 jawas. I am building up a 5 man empire team too. What the heck have u been doing? Making more 7 star, lvl 80 gear 8 toons?
  • Options
    Everyone got them by now, enough to kit one team and at least mod lvl 9 or 12 by now. even the guys that did not get those mods for 100% drop. Except the guys waiting for mods to go away while they continued to farm jka and aayla shards.... and using all their credits to promote and level their gear 8 toons to 7s lvl 80.

Without spending a cent I have modded 16 toons, built a scoundrel squad, maxed out my arena team gear, and am almost ready to clear crit damage Mod challenge with 5 jawas. What the heck have u been doing?

Everyone? I don't even have one squad fully modded. And none of those that are modded have fully leveled mods. A couple are getting close, but I've got other priorities. Mods don't concern me right now.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    If mods don't concern you, you have no reason to complain about not being able to complete GW,

They make GW harder and give you a way to beat it. And it's not your priority. So have fun with your priorities, then? You're obviously way ahead of the curve where it comes to your priorities.

Most of my mods aren't fully leveled either. Only got like 12 to 16 mods at level 15. Most are 12.

Even post update, you can level probably at least 2 or maybe 3x 5 dot mods a day to level 12, if ur in a guild and do raids, even if you can't fully complete GW. It takes 10-14 days to get a full set of lvl 12 mods for a GW/Arena team. Even if you suck and are broke and couldnt' do any of the credit heists.

The guys who got mods already changed their priorities in response to the change in the game. If you did not, you should be super happy that you are now closer to completing your own priorities where other people wasted time and resources on mods to complete GW, which is obviously not a priority to you.
  • Options
    If mods don't concern you, you have no reason to complain about not being able to complete GW,

They make GW harder and give you a way to beat it. And it's not your priority. So have fun with your priorities, then? You're obviously way ahead of the curve where it comes to your priorities.

Most of my mods aren't fully leveled either. Only got like 12 to 16 mods at level 15. Most are 12.

Even post update, you can level probably at least 2 or maybe 3x 5 dot mods a day to level 12, if ur in a guild and do raids, even if you can't fully complete GW. It takes 10-14 days to get a full set of lvl 12 mods for a GW/Arena team. Even if you suck and are broke and couldnt' do any of the credit heists.

The guys who got mods already changed their priorities in response to the change in the game. If you did not, you should be super happy that you are now closer to completing your own priorities where other people wasted time and resources on mods to complete GW.

Why are you being such a edited. Never mind, carry on with your bad self, playa.
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options

The guys who got mods already changed their priorities in response to the change in the game. If you did not, you should be super happy that you are now closer to completing your own priorities where other people wasted time and resources on mods to complete GW, which is obviously not a priority to you.

Wow. **** much.

• LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    I'm agreeing with many of the posts, here.

OP said GW is impossible. Because GW toons have higher gear and mods.

In fact, it might be impossible, if you do not get mods.

If you want GW to be possible, getting mods is important. It doesn't matter having a deep bench. As others have pointed out, this doesn't matter anymore. You need 5 strong toons. And mods are the fastest way to make your best team much better.

I am a ****. And you're welcome.
  • Options
    Why did I think I would read something new in this post that I haven't read a thousand times over in the mega thread?
  • Options
    To all you that beat gw and max your players that just means people who can't beat gw have to keep facing you. Do you see the cycle. The better you get the worse we get. The fight is not against you it's against the game that makes this imbalanced.
  • Options
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    Why did I think I would read something new in this post that I haven't read a thousand times over in the mega thread?

And still we came... LOL!
  • Yogi
    907 posts Member
    Options
    The0n3 wrote: »
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »

And still we came... LOL!

Yup shame on us.

• Options
    Suicide squad