edited August 2016
Ok, so I think I might have the ultimate arena squad (with omegas):

IGD (L)
Anakin
Aayla
QGJ
Yoda

In case it isn't self-evident, here are some reasons why:

First, it is relentless with up to six counters on AOE attacks (with Aayla assist); assists from QGJ and Aayla; extra turn meter for Anakin, Yoda, and QGJ; and, high starting speed for Anakin, Yoda, and QGJ. So, against most squads, I estimate that I get two attacks for each one of my opponent's.

Second, it is buffed with offense, defense, tenacity, dodge and others via Masterstroke and Battle Meditation.

Third, it dispells and debuffs healing, opposing buffs, and defense.

Fourth, it stuns with Aayla and Yoda.

Fifth, Aayla and IGD self-heal, with QGJ giving healing to assists.

Sixth, it has AOE attacks with Yoda and Anakin.

Seventh, it can beat EVERY squad on my shard and lands the #1 spot nearly every day and usually doesn't fall out of the top 12.

Eighth, it's F2P and won't cost you anything.

Last, but not least, it's all freakin Jedi and no one else has the balls to do it.

So, there you have it. The answer to meta, droid, clone, rebel, and AOE teams. Oh, and for those pesky stun lock teams, just trade IGD for Aayla in the leader spot and watch the stuns roll of you like water from a duck's back.

Now the secret is out and you can go and farm it for yourself and experience the ultimate power in the galaxy.
Post edited by Old_Scott on

Replies

• Options
    Is IMD suppose to be IGD?
  • Options
    Yes, I edited it. Darn acronyms.
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Options
    so the point of this post is to inform everyone to get this squad or to let everyone know about this squad so they can plan to beat it.
  • Old_Scott
    217 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    @Dhoey321, it's more of the former.

I am just tired of all the Jedi hate and the same meta teams. There are other squads you can successfully run and get #1. I miss the days right after the protection update where you had 8 different leads and teams in the top 10. In my arena shard, I fight variations of the same teams and know exactly who to attack when. The suspense has really been sapped out of it. We have one whale on our server who keeps changing it up and he is fun to play against. I figure it would add spice and variety to other servers if people ran this team too.
  • Options
    Old_Scott wrote: »
    Ok, so I think I might have the ultimate arena squad (with omegas):

IGD (L)
    Anakin
    Aayla
    QGJ
    Yoda

In case it isn't self-evident, here are some reasons why:

First, it is relentless with up to six counters on AOE attacks (with Aayla assist); assists from QGJ and Aayla; extra turn meter for Anakin, Yoda, and QGJ; and, high starting speed for Anakin, Yoda, and QGJ. So, against most squads, I estimate that I get two attacks for each one of my opponent's.

Second, it is buffed with offense, defense, tenacity, dodge and others via Masterstroke and Battle Meditation.

Third, it dispells and debuffs healing, opposing buffs, and defense.

Fourth, it stuns with Aayla and Yoda.

Fifth, Aayla and IGD self-heal, with QGJ giving healing to assists.

Sixth, it has AOE attacks with Yoda and Anakin.

Seventh, it can beat EVERY squad on my shard and lands the #1 spot nearly every day and usually doesn't fall out of the top 12.

Eighth, it's F2P and won't cost you anything.

Last, but not least, it's all freakin Jedi and no one else has the balls to do it.

So, there you have it. The answer to meta, droid, clone, rebel, and AOE teams. Oh, and for those pesky stun lock teams, just trade IGD for Aayla in the leader spot and watch the stuns roll of you like water from a duck's back.

Now the secret is out and you can go and farm it for yourself and experience the ultimate power in the galaxy.

On defense you may consider trying CT-5555 in-place of Yoda. Yoda's AI is terribad and at least 5's would give you another high HP character to tear through with an 80% counter-attack.
  • Options

On defense you may consider trying CT-5555 in-place of Yoda. Yoda's AI is terribad and at least 5's would give you another high HP character to tear through with an 80% counter-attack.

Alternately Dooku could be strong, since he gets a ton of turns, counterattacks everytime, procs bonus turns, stunlocks, etc.
  • Options
    Yoda can be good in an IGD team. Even if the AI uses his abilities kinda stupidly, he gains Foresight on basic attack and it applies to counters and we all know the 35% chance IGD gives is much higher on defense's RNG, so its a pretty big uptime for the Foresight; if you are lucky, it even spreads with Battle Meditation, etc.
    I faced a similar, but weaker version of this team a few times (Lumi in place of Anakin) and even that was a terrifying force to deal with.
    The drawback is if you want to build this team: takes a long time. IGD, Aayla and JKA all cantin node farms / hard node farms, QGJ cantin credits (2nd slowest income type imo), and for Yoda, you need another Jedi (albeit its the easiest part). I'd build it myself, even started it, but materialises very slowly as I only had QGJ and Yoda previously.
  • Options
    Yvaelle wrote: »

Alternately Dooku could be strong, since he gets a ton of turns, counterattacks everytime, procs bonus turns, stunlocks, etc.

If Dooku isn't the leader then I would be hesitant. The recent update makes 5's much better, he can take a beating and a half. Whereas Dooku can about me 1-shot by Rey and a Leia triple tap takes him down into yellow no problem.
  • Siskin
    135 posts Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about working towards this team, but I have a feeling that it gets curb stomped by droids if the RNG doesn't go your way.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/siskin/
    Line I.D. Siskin59953
  • Options
    Yeah maybe bring in koth instead of yoda against droids.

That's the group that I use. Although I don't quite have everyone omega'd yet.

Love debuffing rg then again if it fails I have Qgj to pick up jka slack

in gw I use lumi to heal. Instead of jka.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    This lineup gets owned by stuns and/or StHan tbh. On defense, Yodas never going to be able to spread battle meditation cuz that's usually his third move, and by that time, he's dead and the rest of the lineup can be controlled. Alternatively, they can blow up Qui gon, and then laugh manically as they taunt with StHan and get 3 turns for every one of yours. Its a decent squad, but by no means the strongest.
  • vynn
    205 posts Member
    Options
    Ya, going all Jedi really isn't dominant. This is a better IGD team:

IGD (L), Aayla, Fives, Sun Fac, JKA
  • Options
    @Dhoey321, it's more of the former.

I am just tired of all the Jedi hate and the same meta teams. There are other squads you can successfully run and get #1. I miss the days right after the protection update where you had 8 different leads and teams in the top 10. In my arena shard, I fight variations of the same teams and know exactly who to attack when. The suspense has really been sapped out of it. We have one whale on our server who keeps changing it up and he is fun to play against. I figure it would add spice and variety to other servers if people ran this team too.

Oh ok, makes sense then. I was just curious because i personally would want an all Sith team but right now i'm now where close to it as i have not started that way. But i do wish there were a variety of teams in the top team. I have now made it to top 50 but trying to inch my way up and my teams is not the norm, or at least for all 5.
  • Options
    Kit for yoda!
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    The Danger Zone team is pretty ultimate

• Options
    Kit would be awesome if:

1. He hit harder both basic and aoe
    2. Debuff or buff (besides potency up which does have some benefits)
    3. His 2nd attack hit more.

• Options
    @MBL_66 The Danger Zone team is 2 legit 2 quit.
  • scuba
    14069 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    vynn wrote: »

Awsome team and I ran it for a short time, had Ahsoka in place of 5's for a bit. Only lost offense a couple of times. Eats Droid teams alive. Would be better if they actually gained +25% counter damage from IgD like they should.

My Yoda is not arena ready but would use him in there if I could.

https://youtu.be/EulJ0tx6pUY

As for defense all teams can lose
  • vynn
    205 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    vynn wrote: »

Awsome team and I ran it for a short time, had Ahsoka in place of 5's for a bit. Only lost offense a couple of times. Eats Droid teams alive. Would be better if they actually gained +25% counter damage from IgD like they should.

Ya, hope that bug is fixed soon. This team should do well if we start seeing a lot more Wedge/Lando too.
  • Options
    @Old_Scott could you please post some gameplay video?
  • Options
    @moszkito I can try. What would be a good way to record gameplay from an iPhone?
  • Options
    As has been said previous is this thread, your team is highly suspeptible to stuns and gets locked down by Dooku and Daka pretty easily. My team is far from perfect but I managed to beat you with all 5 of my toons alive at the end, suggesting you'd really benefit from a friendly dispeller, but that'd mean deviating from your Jedi play style (Barriss doesn't really count, right) somewhat.

I bet your team is dynamite on offence though!
  • Options
    Louiiis wrote: »
    As has been said previous is this thread, your team is highly suspeptible to stuns and gets locked down by Dooku and Daka pretty easily. My team is far from perfect but I managed to beat you with all 5 of my toons alive at the end, suggesting you'd really benefit from a friendly dispeller, but that'd mean deviating from your Jedi play style (Barriss doesn't really count, right) somewhat.

Touche! You have one of the few Dooku leads left. Congrats on making it to the top 20 while bucking the meta with a unique squad. I have nothing but respect for that and wish you great success.

And, yes, you are correct; with a IGD lead, this team is susceptible to stuns on defense. But, on offense, putting Aayla in the lead would take care of that. I look forward to seeing your squad in the arena more often.
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    Options
    Dooku(L) loves teams like this. Stuns > counter attacks any day..everyday.
  • DarthZannaH
    577 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    MBL_66 wrote: »

Uow! I have Wedge *7 from B2 Aurodium... might go towards that path...
    Do or do not...
  • Options
    Louiiis wrote: »

Touche! You have one of the few Dooku leads left. Congrats on making it to the top 20 while bucking the meta with a unique squad. I have nothing but respect for that and wish you great success.

And, yes, you are correct; with a IGD lead, this team is susceptible to stuns on defense. But, on offense, putting Aayla in the lead would take care of that. I look forward to seeing your squad in the arena more often.

Thank you! I've never been a fan of following the herd even if it is the current meta and theoretically the most effective, it's just not my thing. I appreciate that a great deal and am rather envious of your squad!

She'd certainly help, that's for sure. Likewise!
  • Options

Ya, even I have to admit that this might be the even more ultimate than mine. I haven't faced this squad yet and don't know how I would do. I would love to see how the dust settles between a the flurry of AOE and counter attacks. I believe it would be quite epic.
  • SifuSteve
    439 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    First off, props to the OP for taking a theme and not only running with it but refining it to the point of perfection. I have nothing but contempt for those meta teams that are completely flavourless. They really are the McDonalds of SWGOH: Absolutely everywhere, boring and completely lacking in taste. Conversely, I have nothing but respect for successful synergised teams. My hat off to you.

Secondly, your team is the stuff of my nightmares. I run droids: HK, GG, 100, JE (7*) and B2 (6*). For pure DPS, I'll sometimes sub out JE for 88 or 86. This means I have at least 4 AoE toons. I have faced less refined versions of your team and as you can imagine, have been splattered in under 2 minutes as all those pokey AoE result in swarms of Jedi descending upon me like a tsunami of lightsabers. Horrendous.

I am so glad you're not on my server. I can only hope that when they eventually release the third Raid and enable guild wars that out guilds can ally... (",)
    Just because more people say it, doesn't make it more right.
  • Options

Ya, even I have to admit that this might be the even more ultimate than mine. I haven't faced this squad yet and don't know how I would do. I would love to see how the dust settles between a the flurry of AOE and counter attacks. I believe it would be quite epic.

Hey @Old_Scott, your team is pretty original and solid as well with IGD + All Jedi... very strong... Would love to see one in my shard instead of Old Farts (L) or Droids. I'm sick of dodge meta.
    Do or do not...
  • Options

Hey @Old_Scott, your team is pretty original and solid as well with IGD + All Jedi... very strong... Would love to see one in my shard instead of Old Farts (L) or Droids. I'm sick of dodge meta.

Me too.