Nerf?!?! Why is there always a Nerf thread?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    its called Call of Duty logic:

The gun/toon/setup is only OP if I get killed by it...if I use it, it is balanced

That is so true. Those forums are filled with crybabies about which gun is op.
  • Options
    Nerf R2-D2!
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    Options
    Spiro wrote: »
    Dhoey321 wrote: »

can't beat em join em. @NumberMyDays

That's just the point. The game should be balanced, so that as a fan, I can play whomever I want.

I have a fully maxed Rey Jariss/Palpatine (granddaughter of Sidious and daughter of Canan Jariss, sp?), but I want to play clones

But instead of nerfing the spawn of Sidious, they chain reaction nerfed all the clones through echo

NERF REY

It's funny everyone is crying clones got nerfed, yet a clone team still sits #1 on my shard..... doesn't seem very nerfed to me....

Does it have echo and cody? They are the ones that got hit hard. Rex fives and sarge are fine.
  • Options
    nerf devs
  • Options
    Indeed Nerf Rey. Consensus shows everyone and their mother uses "Rey" in their decks..
    you see the same decks repeatedly over and over and over and over and once more..OVER again using "Rey".
    Damage output is %$#@ insane, then you add mods to that? Yea...that's "OP".
    The variety & balance of other toons for tactical purposes becomes obsolete. It basically comes down to the same 10 toons peeps use in arena. REY being at the top of the list.
    The app's become a joke when see you noob after noob after noob after so-called vet but actually a n00b pretend this isn't case.

and yes..NERF Dooku too. His lead ability is &%$#
  • Options
    Nerf herders
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Apo wrote: »
    Everytime I visit this forum, i see so many nerf posts...nerf rey, nerf leia, nerf lando, nerf teebo nerf droids nerf anakin nerf this nerf that and when some toon do gets a nerf then those posts get changed from nerf to rework...oh that toon is so useless it needs a rework. Remember FOTP?
    I mean why can't people take the game the way it is instead of asking for so many nerfs?

My opinion (obviously):

Because if you can't win, it's someone else's fault. "I am not a loser!" Pride knows no bounds.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    nerf scruffy looking nerf herders?
  • licky
    112 posts Member
    Options
    rey doesnt need to be nerfed yes she does hit hard yes her foresight is annoying but fighting against her is really not as difficult as everyone says it is :-)
  • Options
    TommySitt wrote: »
    I'm a noob

We know
  • Options
    Everytime I visit this forum, i see so many nerf posts...nerf rey, nerf leia, nerf lando, nerf teebo nerf droids nerf anakin nerf this nerf that and when some toon do gets a nerf then those posts get changed from nerf to rework...oh that toon is so useless it needs a rework. Remember FOTP?
    I mean why can't people take the game the way it is instead of asking for so many nerfs?

That's the mentality of these forums. Argue, finagle, coerce, manipulte the forums on every possible angle to gain an advantage. It's all about winning at the core, and it disgusts me!
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • NumberMyDays
    73 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Josh_K wrote: »
    Does it have echo and cody? They are the ones that got hit hard. Rex fives and sarge are fine.

I am back to full clones, and maintaining high arena position by purchasing the 50c refresh and sometimes have to even buy the 100c refresh

If people just look at the ranks and say, "See? Not nerfed!" they are just performing ignorant data analysis. Without purchasing refreshes to stay up there, I wouldn't sniff the top 20.

And I bought those silly overpriced mods in the mod shop, just to get the most perfect mods for my team so it could stay competitive. Even that advantage will fade while others' mods catch up.

Some of us make a decision that the cost:(enjoymentxtimexrepition) ratio for spending on this game exceeds that of a film or a concert or a ballgame.

We do it b/c we are fans of star wars and fans of the type of gameplay in GoH. As star wars fans, naturally there will be characters with whom we identify more, and whom we like more.
    (1) It is absolutely right that a f2p person should be able barely to scratch at us, but to win only rarely without perfect strategy and some luck. That is part of what we are paying for.
    (2) It is also absolutely right that the premium characters whom we like best should perform in a premium manner.
    (3) It is absolutely wrong for that performance to be neutralized */after/* we make the purchase... in which case what we bought is actually taken away, with no refund given.

While pursuing the enjoyment for which we paid, we now have to navigate both unjustifiable game changes and uninformed comments about them on the forums.

• Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Options
    how about everybody has the same abilities and attacks so there wont be anymore complaining sheesh. Figure out a way to beat Rey because yes she hits hard but is not that hard to beat.
  • Options

(3) It is absolutely wrong for that performance to be neutralized */after/* we make the purchase... in which case what we bought is actually taken away, with no refund given.
    Agreed! Unforgivable sin!
  • Options
    not sure about nerfing Rey but we all can agree that her offense is insane! I'm not sure how to balance it out without looking like Rey is nerfed.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    @NumberMyDays is 100% correct (and I am no whale - I've spent about $35 since early December).

Honestly, I think people crying for nerfs are basically doing so for one of the following reasons - all of which are flawed for the reason parenthetically explained after each.

1) F2P crying about how certain P2P heroes are more powerful (the flaw is, of course, what NMD pointed out above - that is, if P2P has no advantage, what's the point? They should have an advantage - even if it is only time - that's the incentive to pay, and the rward for doing so)

2) New(er) players not playing the game enough, or thinking it through enough to realize that every hero has it's strengths - and weaknesses. And that certain heroes are great - but only at certain "stages" of the game. Just as example, here is the typical "order" of nerf cries: Sid, Dooku, Rey. Some, who have Barris, skip the Sid phase. HINT: I play high level arena - just pulled G10 Rey OUT of my arena team. Why? She doesn't hit hard enough and is too easy to kill. She also has no synergies - no TM reduction, no stun, no assist calls, etc.

3) Players who simply refuse to bend to the fact that certain combinations/heroes work better at this stage of the games development. They instead think the game should changed to suit their roster, rather than be bothered with the fact that they should consider changing their roster to suit the game. Yes, Boba and Darth Maul stink in the game - sorry. But farming them for months, than crying on the forums about how weak they are is just silliness. That's like saving up for a crappy car, buying it and then complaining that it doesn't drive like a Ferrari. This ties into @ShaolinPunk's point - people are simply to proud to "admit" that they farmed the wrong heroes. So instead they cry for nerfs. "I refuse to farm ___________" - and you wouldn't have to state that if you weren't (usually) complaining.

No one should be nerfed. Sure, there are some heroes that could get a rework (buff-type) to be more balanced. But usually it's just a tweak, not a major overhaul that is needed. People just need to think outside the box, and have fun.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Rey is objectively the most boring character in the game. Thats more important imo than her being imbalanced. Lets. stop. Rey. #StopRey
  • Options
    Nerf pairing for GW and Squad Arena!
    I have a team of mostly gear lvl 7+, 4*+, and I fought a team with Gear lvl 8+ 7* Ventress, Rey, Luminara, Talia, and one other I can't remember. That was in the MIDDLE of GW. It took over 5 squads to neutralize Rey, then Ventress started hitting HARD. I sent in more squads to take out Ventress (since who wants her to hit even HARDER?) until I gave up and took out Lumi and Talia. I beat the team with only a couple toons left.
  • spotremix
    1566 posts Member
    Options
    because people or sore losers.

nerf the whales!!!
  • Cesium
    230 posts Member
    Options
    necro...
    F2P - lvl 85 - July Shard - Primary Force Guild Force a Fide Guild - https://swgoh.gg/u/cesium/
  • Options
    its called Call of Duty logic:

The gun/toon/setup is only OP if I get killed by it...if I use it, it is balanced

This is so true
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options

Oh, you haven't heard? When more than this many hours passes without a nerf thread:

c5xfry1ett38.jpg

....we all perish. Someone must always be there to press the button!

zmytlnsopip7.jpg
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Closing because necro
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
This discussion has been closed.