Stacking potency..

Anyone know Rancor's tenacity? I'm wondering at what percentage is it not feasible to stack more potency..
I'm current at 95% on teebo, I still do notice a decrease in resist.. Anyone have an idea?
Leader and co-founder of BHG

Replies

• scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    I am at ~85% and very few resist. My guess is tenacity of rancor is around 100%
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

I highly doubt rancor has the same values as toons we can play. I think his tenacity is over 100%
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Silleck wrote: »

I highly doubt rancor has the same values as toons we can play. I think his tenacity is over 100%
    No playable character has 50% let alone 100% base tenacity
    The highest base tenacity currently available on a playable character is 39%

So why not at 100%.
    50% of his tenacity comes from Fearsome Foe III.
    When he is toppled he is very easy with low potency to put debuffs on.

50% tenacity max potency needed is 35% to give the lowest resist chance possible of 15%.

100% tenacity vs 85%+ potency to give the lowest resist chance of 15%.
  • Options

So why not at 100%.

50% tenacity max potency needed is 35% to give the lowest resist chance possible of 15%.

Problem is I've seen a big change between 85% and 95%

In three phases I was resisted a total on 10 times. 3 in p1, 4 in p2 and 3 in p3 (all highs) with 95%
    At 85% I was resisted at an average of 7-8 times in p1 and 8-10 times in p2 at 85ish%

And these are averages from about 20 attempts.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

So why not at 100%.

Problem is I've seen a big change between 85% and 95%

In three phases I was resisted a total on 10 times. 3 in p1, 4 in p2 and 3 in p3 (all highs) with 95%
    At 85% I was resisted at an average of 7-8 times in p1 and 8-10 times in p2 at 85ish%

And these are averages from about 20 attempts.

That kind of information could help determine it.

but what is also missing is how many times TMR was tried. I am giving my best guess. based on what I have seen but again I am only at about 85% but the resist rate in P1 seems about the same as in P2/P3/P4.

If it is much over 100% when not toppled I would be surprised.

May be 95% is the magic number for potency.

What ever it is when you hit a 15% resist chance that will be it.
  • Options
    How are you guys getting such high potency? 5 dot mods with higher secondary potency stats?

Mine is at 77% and was pretty happy with that with a 5 dot plus mod...
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Since with high enough tenacity, toons can resist effects 100% of the time, the way to find out is to see what the lowest potency a character has that successfully landed a debuff.

I haven't tried to test, but my 51 potency fives landed speed down. So at most he has 150 tenacity. (He likely has much lower tenacity than that, just illustrating my point.)

If you don't feel like testing, 100 seems a good estimate, making any potency over 85 is wasted
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Snake2 wrote: »
    Since with high enough tenacity, toons can resist effects 100% of the time, the way to find out is to see what the lowest potency a character has that successfully landed a debuff.

I haven't tried to test, but my 51 potency fives landed speed down. So at most he has 150 tenacity. (He likely has much lower tenacity than that, just illustrating my point.)

If you don't feel like testing, 100 seems a good estimate, making any potency over 85 is wasted

Great logic!
    Using that I think it is a good bit less than 150%. Ran 88 lead against rancor and Elder with 50.9% potency was landing DoT's on a regular basis.
  • Silleck
    423 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

Too bad it doesn't seem to work that way. I had a sun fac with a 87% tenacity fail to resist 18/20 stuns by a toon with 12% potency.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

Too bad it doesn't seem to work that way. I had a sun fac with a 87% tenacity fail to resist 18/20 stuns by a toon with 12% potency.

Sure it does

Chance to resist = Tenacity - potency
    Chance to resist cannot go below 15%

So 150% tenacity vs 51% potency = 99% chance to resist.

In your sunfac example
    87-12 = 75% chance to resist.

18/20 that just means 18 times out of 20 it fell in the the 25% apply range. Sucks but can happen. Same as captain or rancor resisting TMR 5 times in a row.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/581984/#Comment_581984
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    My 5s is only at 29% potency and landed speed down on a t7 Rancor.