Lower The Price On The Jedi Bundle Pack

Prev13
Awesom3_Kill_Joy
164 posts Member
edited August 2016
$59.99? Are you serious? I would pay $15 but not a penny more.

Replies

• Options
    Given overall prices it's actually not that bad. It's essentially the same cost as 3 chromiums, but I think the rewards are a little better.
  • Options
    Minowara wrote: »
    Given overall prices it's actually not that bad. It's essentially the same cost as 3 chromiums, but I think the rewards are a little better.

Don't encourage them
  • Olle
    501 posts Member
    Options
    Whales have already encouraged them. 15$? Move aside. People have spent THOUSANDS
  • Rizn
    246 posts Member
    Options
    They must have enough people who pay these prices for stuff that they keep doing it. I think it's insane to charge the same price as a full PS4 game for a few characters that you still have to spend a lot more time and money on before they are even useful. Ridiculous.
  • Options
    It's kind of funny, for me it shows up as:

NT$1,790

I have no idea what NT is, but thought it was funny since I live in MN and have always seen the normal US currency
  • Options
    tmntguy86 wrote: »
    It's kind of funny, for me it shows up as:

NT$1,790

I have no idea what NT is, but thought it was funny since I live in MN and have always seen the normal US currency

NT is new Taiwan dollars. Weird eh
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    Nearly the same price. I've had the prices show up in USD. iTunes still shows up the price on my currency,
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    be glad its in dollars. Its €59.99 aswell, thats about $68.
    UNFAIR ADVANTAGE !!! rage rage rage !!!
    kidding aside, it's pretty weird.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    If a 4* Old Ben and a 4* JKA are worth 59.99 then peoples rosters are worth 500K
  • Olle
    501 posts Member
    Options
    If a 4* Old Ben and a 4* JKA are worth 59.99 then peoples rosters are worth 500K

I really wish I could sell my account.....
  • Options
    These prices are insane. I'm not buying anything.
  • Options
    The concept that people are spending money and pretty **** good money at that, blows my mind. This game wont be around in 2 years... and people are spending 59.99 for what, a chance to get a character that will be nerfed or changed at some point and won't be worth anything. $60 bucks can get you a brand new game for any console.
    If the price the was more like 4.99 for it, yeah it make a bit more sense.... but i still wouldn't spend a dime on it.
  • Options
    59.99 for a "CHANCE" to get 2-10 shards... For 60 bucks you can end up with a total of 10 shards with a probability of 6 belonging to the three toons you already have maxed...
  • Sinari
    112 posts Member
    Options
    nessionice wrote: »
    59.99 for a "CHANCE" to get 2-10 shards... For 60 bucks you can end up with a total of 10 shards with a probability of 6 belonging to the three toons you already have maxed...

Wrong pack dude. It's the other bundle available that they've been pushing since the Yoda event started. 60 bucks us pretty unreasonable as an asking price for what you get.

Lemme just point out that at least most of us have been fairly upset about how hard they push Jedi Knight Guardian, and there's not a lot of value in purchasing a pack of easily farmed characters. Shortcuts I get, but there's not really much of an advantage to buying that pack, so the price in correlation to value is skewed hard.
  • Rizn
    246 posts Member
    Options
    This pack, and the price, further proves to me that the people who make this game have no idea what it's like to play it.
  • Options
    Rizn wrote: »
    This pack, and the price, further proves to me that the people who make this game have no idea what it's like to play it.

This
  • Options
    Wait if that is going for $59.99 is selling your account a real thing?
  • Options
    Kramer wrote: »
    Nope. If only it could be. My roster would be worth thousands. Don't know why their marketing team is so foolish. Why not charge 20 or 30 dollars for it? The only people that will buy it as of right now are noobs. If you sell it for 20 or 30 dollars ALOT more people will buy it. And some people will actually feel happy about their purchase
  • nessionice
    135 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I would probably buy every pack they drop if they were to price them at around $5 usd... And its because of principals... They are charging 60 on a gamble... Not even a guarantee on what you get besides a toon or two... But then thats when you have to question.... Everything else you can get for $60... And its not like they will drop one major item for sale once a year for $60... Its like every three weeks they invent an event and then sell a crappy pack for $60 to help you in the event... I can see someone spending alot of money on this game.. Idk i pay 60 for 6 month subscription to World of Warcraft.... I dont have to buy toons to get things done in the game... My thoughts is as long as people keep paying they will keep selling.... Which is a business decisions they are entitled to... Im sure when nobody buys... Prices will drop
  • Options
    The prices are outlandish to me as well. Plus, I don't believe that you'll get anything close to what they promise. They say you'll get 25 shards for QGJ, JC, JKG, and all those training droids and ability mats, but we know what they mean is you'll actually get up to 25 shards.
    I know, let's try a little math for fun. We generally accept that 1 shard is worth 50 crystals. If you actually got the 75 promised shards, that would be worth 3750 crystals. Add in the 80 shards each needed to unlock Anakin and Old Ben, you get 3750 + 160*50 = 11,750 crystals.
    Plus, you get (up to) 1M credits. That's about two credit mega-packs, for another 1190 crystals.
    So this pack is roughly equivalent to 12,940 crystals, if you actually get all the stuff promised. That's about 82% (12,940/15,710) of a vault of crystals, which will cost you US$100. Based on that, this pack gives you US$82 worth of shards and credits. Plus, you get some training droids and ability mats as well.
    So actually, not really a bad deal when you look at it that way and you get it all right now.
  • Options
    It's a joke. I really want the pack but will not spend a stupid amount of money on it, I just won't. It's ridiculously overpriced. If they lowered the cost it would sell much more and they would make a lot more money out of it. To this day, the only pack I've bought (not including chromiums) is the Dooku pack. It was cheap enough to buy and I felt the money was put to good use. I'm still happy I bought that pack and wish I could only buy more packs similar to that one.
    Team Steroid Council Member - "A wise leader knows when to follow"
  • Mp44
    157 posts Member
    Options
    @EA_Jesse do you see these posts? Any comment at all?
  • Options
    $85 in Canada. lol. Obviously ppl pay these prices or they wouldn't charge it.
  • Options
    that's a big Screw That. No way in hell i'm dropping $60 for a couple 4* toons. I divorced my wife because she was thinking about it.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    It's pretty obvious that most bundles are absolute garbage and I implore every newbie to avoid them at all costs.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    It's too much really. I have always thought that EA is not maximizing their profit potential because the willingness to pay for most people, FOR US, is way lower. But then there are whales. . =,( and probably they are significant enough that it outweighs a couple of us who would be willing to buy this bundle at a lower price.

I would prefer to have more of these bundles, at a more reasonable price. I'm so willing to become a P2P but I have not seen a worthy deal, been playing since november. Maybe Im just not rich enough. =D But seriously man, I so want to throw money at this game. Im just very critical with what I spend money on.

But I agree, this bundle should be cheaper because they are farmable characters.

AND I don't like the 1120 crystals random shards bundles they were throwing at us the past few months. The farming and reward system is random enough, why should we pay for chance content?
  • Options
    The price in Japan is horrible!! Roughly $74 !!!

You got to be kiddin' me!!

rlx4wy.jpg
  • Options
    Kramer wrote: »
    Nope. If only it could be. My roster would be worth thousands. Don't know why their marketing team is so foolish. Why not charge 20 or 30 dollars for it? The only people that will buy it as of right now are noobs. If you sell it for 20 or 30 dollars ALOT more people will buy it. And some people will actually feel happy about their purchase

That's exactly the point. Buying something should make you feel good about the purchase. I hardly believe anyone buying this is feeling this way, at least if the *chances* rolls out to be just bad.

If I offer a product i want happy customers, people who say: "Yea, nice offering. This price seems fair. Good value. Give me one. No, hold on, i take two instead!"

But these packages are just pathetic. It's exactly the reason I haven't spent a penny on this game yet as there was no single product which convinced me yet.
  • Options
    Only good toon is ani
    Leader and co-founder of BHG
  • Options
    How many shards do u get if u already have the guaranteed character