Lower The Price On The Jedi Bundle Pack

13Next

Replies

• Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    Aniema wrote: »
    Mp44 wrote: »
    @EA_Jesse do you see these posts? Any comment at all?

What do you expect him to say? You think people here complaining is gonna magically get the priced lowered? Do you go to Wal-Mart see a game for $59.99 then ask for a manager awhat do they think about the price? What's their comment or opinion? I mean come on now really.

$59.99? Are you serious? I would pay $15 but not a penny more.

The price is fine. You should have seen this pack months ago...they didn't have Old Ben in the pack just Anakin. $60 for a 4* Anakin. Your even lucky they are allowing two 4* toons Anakin and OldBen. The price of this pack is more than reasonable.

Oh it's cheaper than normal so it's acceptable right? It's always ridiculously expensive so for it to be a lil less expensive is still expensive.....

I never said it was cheaper, I said the Jedi pack months ago only had Anakin in it and it was the same price.
    nessionice wrote: »
    Snake2 wrote: »

The price is fine. You should have seen this pack months ago...they didn't have Old Ben in the pack just Anakin. $60 for a 4* Anakin. Your even lucky they are allowing two 4* toons Anakin and OldBen. The price of this pack is more than reasonable.

This word reasonable. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Lol Aniema has EA stock options

Maybe I do have stock options...maybe I'm a payed troll..maybe.

Or maybe I'm sick of all the boohooing cry babies that secretly know dang well you all want this pack but just don't wanna fork over the cash. If you all don't wanna pay the asking price then don't. No one is forcing you all...but to come on these forums and complain that it is too much is a bit ridiculous from my point of view.

If you all don't wanna pay the money then move along..EA isn't gonna miss not a single one of you.

Considering how you get two 4* toons IS reasonable compared to only getting one 4* toon from the prior pack like this that was the exact same price. It's all really simple..if you want it buy it if you don't then don't. But to come here and complain that it is overpriced when secretly you all really wish you could buy it is pretty silly if you ask me.

So cheers. Cheapskates.

If I offered you two paper towel rolls for fifty dollars would you consider that reasonable?

What if I told you I sold one paper towel roll for fifty dollars last month to some other fellow. Would it then become reasonable?

I don't care if you spend money in this game or not. Just because some people are willing to pay the cost doesn't make it reasonable. Concessions at a football game for instance.
  • Options
    vynn wrote: »
    The prices are outlandish to me as well. Plus, I don't believe that you'll get anything close to what they promise. They say you'll get 25 shards for QGJ, JC, JKG, and all those training droids and ability mats, but we know what they mean is you'll actually get up to 25 shards.
    I know, let's try a little math for fun. We generally accept that 1 shard is worth 50 crystals. If you actually got the 75 promised shards, that would be worth 3750 crystals. Add in the 80 shards each needed to unlock Anakin and Old Ben, you get 3750 + 160*50 = 11,750 crystals.
    Plus, you get (up to) 1M credits. That's about two credit mega-packs, for another 1190 crystals.
    So this pack is roughly equivalent to 12,940 crystals, if you actually get all the stuff promised. That's about 82% (12,940/15,710) of a vault of crystals, which will cost you US$100. Based on that, this pack gives you US$82 worth of shards and credits. Plus, you get some training droids and ability mats as well.
    So actually, not really a bad deal when you look at it that way and you get it all right now.

In that pack you get exactly what's shown, not "up to" the amount shown.

Hey, yeah? That would make it more interesting. Can you prove that with a screen shot from a purchased pack? Past experience has taught us that the numbers shown only mean "up to." I believe there was a whole uproar about rewards in one of the events recently.
  • vessaharja
    585 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    It takes 2-3 what not weeks to farm old ben in cantina by using 100 crystals a day for refresh. JKA is farmable from normal battles. Why the hell would I spend 60 € on something that I can farm in 3 weeks? I can wait 3 weeks, Jesus.

I can understand if someone buys the pack at the get-go. Personally got the heroine bundle and was very happy with that (would still buy it if I re-rolled).
  • Options

What do you expect him to say? You think people here complaining is gonna magically get the priced lowered? Do you go to Wal-Mart see a game for $59.99 then ask for a manager awhat do they think about the price? What's their comment or opinion? I mean come on now really.

Oh it's cheaper than normal so it's acceptable right? It's always ridiculously expensive so for it to be a lil less expensive is still expensive.....

I never said it was cheaper, I said the Jedi pack months ago only had Anakin in it and it was the same price.

Or maybe I'm sick of all the boohooing cry babies that secretly know dang well you all want this pack but just don't wanna fork over the cash. If you all don't wanna pay the asking price then don't. No one is forcing you all...but to come on these forums and complain that it is too much is a bit ridiculous from my point of view.

If you all don't wanna pay the money then move along..EA isn't gonna miss not a single one of you.

Considering how you get two 4* toons IS reasonable compared to only getting one 4* toon from the prior pack like this that was the exact same price. It's all really simple..if you want it buy it if you don't then don't. But to come here and complain that it is overpriced when secretly you all really wish you could buy it is pretty silly if you ask me.

So cheers. Cheapskates.

If I offered you two paper towel rolls for fifty dollars would you consider that reasonable?

What if I told you I sold one paper towel roll for fifty dollars last month to some other fellow. Would it then become reasonable?

I don't care if you spend money in this game or not. Just because some people are willing to pay the cost doesn't make it reasonable. Concessions at a football game for instance.
    Hmm? I would like to buy one of your paper towel rolls kind sir. As a dog I find it hard to wipe sometimes.
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    Options

So cheers. Cheapskates.

Paper Towels is an extremely poor example for one..it's something that is only used once. And for two...paper towels everyone knows you can get something like that for 2 bucks at the store.

So let's change your example from paper towels to the cost of a $59.99 PS4 game. Most people already pay that much for a brand new game. Now let's say GameStop throws in a second game for the same price...wouldn't that be a better deal? You better believe it would.

This pack is no different. Once you buy the pack..those toons are yours until this game shuts down the servers. I think people here fail to realize just how hard of a farm Anakin is..well maybe not hard anymore since he is in Catina energy..but non the less 16 every a pop is still a slow farm. Not only that they also give you OldBen and that's still a better deal than just paying 60 bucks for only Anakin.

You said and I quote "just because some people are willing to pay the cost doesn't make it reasonable"...well I say just because people aren't willing to pay the cost doesn't mean it's not reasonable. i can afford to spend two to three hundred dollars a month on this game if I choose to..to me the pack IS reasonable.

If I can't afford something I'm not gonna go all boo day and complaining about the price of something like people on these forums do. I just simply won't buy it and move along.

Now..if you wanna continue this bickering, trivial conversation about what I think is REASONABLE to me from the size of my wallet, we can go all day. Bottom line is...I like this game...I can afford to pay money on this game, and if I think it's reasonable or not that's my own opinion. I'm sorry you would buy the pack if you could but choose to not cause it isn't reasonable to you...let's not forget you're the one who responded to me first...sorry if I have a different opinion than you..this is the Internet of course..so that does happen from time to time.
  • Options

So cheers. Cheapskates.

Paper Towels is an extremely poor example for one..it's something that is only used once. And for two...paper towels everyone knows you can get something like that for 2 bucks at the store.

So let's change your example from paper towels to the cost of a $59.99 PS4 game. Most people already pay that much for a brand new game. Now let's say GameStop throws in a second game for the same price...wouldn't that be a better deal? You better believe it would.

This pack is no different. Once you buy the pack..those toons are yours until this game shuts down the servers. I think people here fail to realize just how hard of a farm Anakin is..well maybe not hard anymore since he is in Catina energy..but non the less 16 every a pop is still a slow farm. Not only that they also give you OldBen and that's still a better deal than just paying 60 bucks for only Anakin.

You said and I quote "just because some people are willing to pay the cost doesn't make it reasonable"...well I say just because people aren't willing to pay the cost doesn't mean it's not reasonable. i can afford to spend two to three hundred dollars a month on this game if I choose to..to me the pack IS reasonable.

If I can't afford something I'm not gonna go all boo day and complaining about the price of something like people on these forums do. I just simply won't buy it and move along.

Now..if you wanna continue this bickering, trivial conversation about what I think is REASONABLE to me from the size of my wallet, we can go all day. Bottom line is...I like this game...I can afford to pay money on this game, and if I think it's reasonable or not that's my own opinion. I'm sorry you would buy the pack if you could but choose to not cause it isn't reasonable to you...let's not forget you're the one who responded to me first...sorry if I have a different opinion than you..this is the Internet of course..so that does happen from time to time.

Whale Alert!
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    Options

So cheers. Cheapskates.

Whale Alert!

Be glad whales played this game, cause without them you'd all be playing Pokemon go or whatever that childish junk is called.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Reasonable depends on who's paying. All that matters in the end is the bottom line, and if the price offered offers the greatest return for them. It's a product you are not obligated to purchase.
  • Options
    I farmed JKA the hard way before he was in Catina Energy Nodes. I guess it took me close to five months. For some strange reason I enjoy the grind of spending months farming stuff.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    pac0naut wrote: »
    Honestly, I don't have Ani nor Old Ben. This is kind of tempting to me to have them at 4* plus the Ani shards from last months login rewards.

On the other hand, $60 + Tax is almost robbery to me. Had this been $35-$40, I'd get it ASAP. Now I'm just kind of thinking about it. 4* toons I DON'T have, a million credits, shards for the shard shop (Vader is in mine right now and I have nowhere near 300) plus the extra Ani / ODB shards for promoting.

Quite a quandary.

its all relative i guess. You can also use that $60 to get hammered, dont remember anything the next day, hung over like crazy and just assume you had a good time the previous night. ;)

That would probably be better than 2 4 star characters.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    The price is laughable. There are more than likely 10+ players that would pay $4.99 for a weekly pack such as this vs a single whale that would pay $49.99.
  • Options

So cheers. Cheapskates.

Whale Alert!

Be glad whales played this game, cause without them you'd all be playing Pokemon go or whatever that childish junk is called.

I hate pokemon go with a passion, so yeah.
  • Options

So cheers. Cheapskates.

Whale Alert!

Without whales they would lower the price to sell something.
    The only reason the price is how it is, is because someone is buying what they are selling. It seems like fairly trivial logic most people would be able to deduct from any experience with prices and markets.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    boellefisk wrote: »

So cheers. Cheapskates.

Whale Alert!

Without whales they would lower the price to sell something.
    The only reason the price is how it is, is because someone is buying what they are selling. It seems like fairly trivial logic most people would be able to deduct from any experience with prices and markets.

Without rich people we would all drive a ferrari ?
    Save water, drink champagne!