GW is not the war of attrition it was meant to be (not a rant) but it should be.

2Next

Replies

• Options
    leef wrote: »
    "pre-loading" your teams with TM solves your problems with the brickwalls.

This is a completely false statement. I spend all nodes building TM on my entire roster as far as I can before node 9. I can get through 9,10, and usually 11, but I get to 12, and no matter the TM, it's a brickwall. I can have TM on 3 squads, there are days I can barely take out 1 toon on Node 12, with my entire roster. My roster should be more than adequate to complete GW. The problem is the insanity of the MODS on those guys at node 9,11, and especially 12. It doesn't releft in their power, and they are insanely more powerful than my best toons.

The TM helps, but it's not the answer to combat the Mods. The OP had the best idea, eliminate MODS from GW.
    @BradGoodyear
    do you also have "a large well geared maxed out bench, enough to field 2 excellent teams, 1 great team and a couple of good teams"? If not, why assume it's not only a false statement, but a completely false statement? I'm pretty sure you are not in the same situation as the OP, if you want some help on how to finish GW i need some additional information.

I have 17 7* chars, that are all geared at least gear 8.
    I have 4 gear 10, 5 gear 9, and 14 gear 8.
    I have both Dooku and Ben as well as phasma for leads.
    Many abilities omega. Some max.

Now the problem is when Node 12 is 5 chars with MAX mods.
    They all have +40 or more speed, 45K+ HP/PRO, Tenacity+, increased damage and all gear 11 or 10.

My best squad(let's say I didn't even use them once) cannot defeat more than 1 person on this team.

You should not have to have 20 MAX chars to complete GW.

But the whole concept that pre=loading your TM solves the GW brickwalls at the end is a false statement, because it doesn't solve the issue. It may help one person, but not everyone.
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    "pre-loading" your teams with TM solves your problems with the brickwalls.

This is a completely false statement. I spend all nodes building TM on my entire roster as far as I can before node 9. I can get through 9,10, and usually 11, but I get to 12, and no matter the TM, it's a brickwall. I can have TM on 3 squads, there are days I can barely take out 1 toon on Node 12, with my entire roster. My roster should be more than adequate to complete GW. The problem is the insanity of the MODS on those guys at node 9,11, and especially 12. It doesn't releft in their power, and they are insanely more powerful than my best toons.

The TM helps, but it's not the answer to combat the Mods. The OP had the best idea, eliminate MODS from GW.
    @BradGoodyear
    do you also have "a large well geared maxed out bench, enough to field 2 excellent teams, 1 great team and a couple of good teams"? If not, why assume it's not only a false statement, but a completely false statement? I'm pretty sure you are not in the same situation as the OP, if you want some help on how to finish GW i need some additional information.

I have 17 7* chars, that are all geared at least gear 8.
    I have 4 gear 10, 5 gear 9, and 14 gear 8.
    I have both Dooku and Ben as well as phasma for leads.
    Many abilities omega. Some max.

Now the problem is when Node 12 is 5 chars with MAX mods.
    They all have +40 or more speed, 45K+ HP/PRO, Tenacity+, increased damage and all gear 11 or 10.

My best squad(let's say I didn't even use them once) cannot defeat more than 1 person on this team.

You should not have to have 20 MAX chars to complete GW.

But the whole concept that pre=loading your TM solves the GW brickwalls at the end is a false statement, because it doesn't solve the issue. It may help one person, but not everyone.

Does the node 12 team always have maxed mods against you? Mine doesn't (granted I'm lvl 76).

I'm going to assume you've already utilized the counter character method to fight them (e.g. Ugnaught versus droid, Sidious versus Jedi) so remaining strategies are pawn sacrifice (taking weaker but otherwise viable toons into combat with the sole purpose of wasting one enemy toon...it sucks to do before node 12 but at that point who cares, there's no further battles to be waged so why not waste a few pawns to dethrone the king?), attrition (strong tank/attacker combos that are intended to severely weaken the other team and perhaps even win the day) or quitting which is less of a strategy and more of a surrender.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    Murf_uK wrote: »
    What is you A teams max power once mine went over 36k the 12th node is a joke they are always level 80 but with 3-4 stars,

also what was said earlier I use my A team at the start to get turn meter then save them for node 6, 9, 10, 11 (my A team is hk L ig88 &86 ig100!and jawa engineer)

In bewteen them nodes I usually run phasma L daka RG geo soldier and 5's plenty of stuns with the assists and if anyone of them drop through in Rey or lumi? Liea etc
    I'm over 37K already, coming on 38K. Still no rest for the wicked :(
  • Options
    Sparrow wrote: »
    1) Make all nodes of GW visible from the start, let people plan how to use their roster like a large chess match

2) any toon not used in a node gains the following effects:
    a) Heal 50% of total protection&Health (so nearly dead, sit out two fights and back at full)
    b) If already at full health/protection gain 50% TM and -1 to all cooldowns
    +1
    This would be awesome. :)
    But I kinda doubt they go for this... :(

• APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    Sparrow wrote: »
    1) Make all nodes of GW visible from the start, let people plan how to use their roster like a large chess match

2) any toon not used in a node gains the following effects:
    a) Heal 50% of total protection&Health (so nearly dead, sit out two fights and back at full)
    b) If already at full health/protection gain 50% TM and -1 to all cooldowns
    +1
    This would be awesome. :)
    But I kinda doubt they go for this... :(

Agreed, too much impetus to sit your best until node 12 then unleash hell.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Skilz
    45 posts Member
    Options
    Galactic wars final node is now impossible.... Booooo
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    I've never really done the TM thing, and still finish GW most days. Once mods came out, it took a while before I could finish it because I didn't have mods as quickly.

I start with a Lumi led team, and they get me through half of GW. I sub in an A' team on node 6 and 9. Occasionally I'll sub in other toons as I see fit for the team I'm facing. For example, if they have a STH, I'll sub in QGJ from my A team to dispell his taunt. If they are early on and have a Jedi heavy team, I'll let Maul play (I got him out of a chromium I bought with crystals a while back). After node 9, I start having to use an A' team usually. By the time I hit 12, my A team is usually around with full health, and some still having protection. Then it's just an arena match and I typically finish it with no issues.

I just realized that I probably am preloading TM on my team, just not doing it intentionally.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    If you aren't spending adequate time on nodes 1-5 preloading tm on your A, B, and C teams.. then you're playing GW wrong. Ever since the tm change this has been the only viable way to complete GW consistently on a daily basis.

I haven't had to do it yet, but was aware of the process. @Varlie can you remind me what the original retreat functionality was?

@ShaolinPunk - Sorry for the late replay but didn't have time to hit forums over the weekend. The original retreat maintained the status at the time of retreat instead of resetting the battle.
    So if you lost a person and retreated, they would be dead for the rest of the war. However, it gave options like bringing in healers at the end of a battle to help get your team ready for the next battle.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Varlie wrote: »
    tRRRey wrote: »
    If you aren't spending adequate time on nodes 1-5 preloading tm on your A, B, and C teams.. then you're playing GW wrong. Ever since the tm change this has been the only viable way to complete GW consistently on a daily basis.

I haven't had to do it yet, but was aware of the process. @Varlie can you remind me what the original retreat functionality was?

@ShaolinPunk - Sorry for the late replay but didn't have time to hit forums over the weekend. The original retreat maintained the status at the time of retreat instead of resetting the battle.
    So if you lost a person and retreated, they would be dead for the rest of the war. However, it gave options like bringing in healers at the end of a battle to help get your team ready for the next battle.

I kinda prefer this way... With just a little extra effort u can get 'rng' that doesnt need healers
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    I've gotten used to this way now and just reset the fight that doesn't go your way but I still prefer the old way. It just felt more strategic to me.
  • Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    Options
    Varlie wrote: »
    I've gotten used to this way now and just reset the fight that doesn't go your way but I still prefer the old way. It just felt more strategic to me.

I never got to play the old way, but it sounds much better. Current way feels like an exploit. Switching people around to make a certain person assist, etc.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    To my experience it was like this:
    1. When mod were introduces, I couldn't complete last node for a week. With all my rooster
    2. Then I manage to pass that too. I raised my arena power over 37k and now last node is a joke.
    3. So now I finish GW everytime with only one team (Dooku (l), QGJ, Rey, RG, Daka) VERY rare i use my droid team (HK-47 (L), IG-88, IG-86, JE, Nebit).

What can I say? they call it 'work as intented'.
  • Options
    I set myself a monthly amount and I usually stick to it, between 20 and 40 a month.

This is off topic, but from my perspective as F2P, where do you find yourself spending those dollars to get the most bang for your buck? Mostly on Chromium?

• Options
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    To my experience it was like this:
    1. When mod were introduces, I couldn't complete last node for a week. With all my rooster
    2. Then I manage to pass that too. I raised my arena power over 37k and now last node is a joke.
    3. So now I finish GW everytime with only one team (Dooku (l), QGJ, Rey, RG, Daka) VERY rare i use my droid team (HK-47 (L), IG-88, IG-86, JE, Nebit).

What can I say? they call it 'work as intented'.

Same here. Using only one team: Hk, 88, gg, 100, je. Work like a charm. It take me 20 min to complete, i'm 38,4k
  • RotorGeorge
    31 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options

The problem is the insanity of the MODS on those guys at node 9,11, and especially 12. It doesn't releft in their power, and they are insanely more powerful than my best toons.

The TM helps, but it's not the answer to combat the Mods. The OP had the best idea, eliminate MODS from GW. [/quote]

@Brad Goodyear, I trimmed your post down to focus on this one issue because I completely agree that this is where the problem is, the power calculation. This is, by far, the largest flaw in the system. I don't want mods to be buffed, nerfed, eliminated anything....leave 'em alone; I don't want the format of GW to be changed (although it would be great if was a bit shorter!) the math based model of how they match is not a bad one. The problem is that mods make the power calculations skewed and can give you completely lopsided matches that it computes as somewhat fair. As an example, I run a 8.1k power QGJ and I ran into a squad running a 8.4k QGJ, so should be pretty similar characters...my QGJ health + prot is 32.6k and the opponent's was around 43k. That is a very poor system that shows a 30% increase in health + prot as a 3.7% increase in power. We need to press on this issue, not only because I think it is true problem, but IMO it is the only solution the devs will go for.
  • Options
    Despite what the devs claim, GW does not match their description of their intention. This is mostly due to the seriously poor power increments. The challenge should increase with each node culminating in a final fight similar or slightly harder than you'd face in arena at your rank/power level.

The current implementation has easy teams that pose no problem 1-5, 7-8 and 10. Having these arbitrary pinch points at nodes 6 and 9 is pointless. You should not face a more powerful team than your top squad until node 12 but the previous nodes should still require strategy and planning.

As was stated by someone else in this thread - let us see all nodes from the start, otherwise we have no way to plan and strategise effectively.

Also mentioned before - make resting toons worthwhile, whether it's recharging significant health (not the current unnoticeably negligible amount) or reducing cooldowns for nodes when they're not used.

And yeah, I've been getting the stupidly easy 12th node for weeks now, so the 'working as intended' line from the devs is clearly hopelessly wrong.