Uneven distribution of characters with dispel

I'm not sure if this has been covered previously, but I'd like to ask the devs why they thought giving the dispel ability to primarily prequel/Clone War characters was a good idea.

For one thing it limits diversity of characters in Arena squads, and for those like myself who abhor the prequels, it means we're forced to run with characters we may not like if we want to remain at or near the top of the rankings.

Thoughts?

Replies

• Options
    That's how the baked goods crumble
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    You should be asking why B2 has both an AOE dispel AND buff immunity, along with lots of hp. No single other dispel is even close to this amount of utility and survivability.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    Lol this is how I feel about Rey.

I like the prequels a little due to some nostalgia (since I grew up during them) so I never really thought about it. But now that I did, yeah, that sucks.

At least you can run a viable rebel AOE or even standard rebel team with success now, so thats some consolation.
  • Options
    benacrow wrote: »
    You should be asking why B2 has both an AOE dispel AND buff immunity, along with lots of hp. No single other dispel is even close to this amount of utility and survivability.

B2 is a p2p hero. He's a little better than his f2p counterparts. That's why you have to pay to have him. I don't understand why this is a difficult concept for so many people. And no, I don't own B2, nor am I a whale. I just realize that's what freemium games are. Otherwise there would be no incentive to spend money.

In response to the OP, Teebo is an excellent dispeller and tank and not from the prequels. Even better if they ever fix his leadership ability and the way it interacts with his other abilities.

As an aside, while I can understand liking (or not liking) certain characters, but not wanting to play anyone from 3 movies is eliminating a pretty significant amount of lore.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    In response to the OP, Teebo is an excellent dispeller and tank and not from the prequels. Even better if they ever fix his leadership ability and the way it interacts with his other abilities.

I'm aware Teebo has a dispel ability, which is why I said those characters with such a function hail primarily from the prequel era. And given my opinion of Ewoks in EP VI, I can't see any of them making my arena team any time soon, either.
    As an aside, while I can understand liking (or not liking) certain characters, but not wanting to play anyone from 3 movies is eliminating a pretty significant amount of lore.

For many players (including myself) that's the entire point of grinding away for months and spending Buddha knows how many hours playing this game - to cherry pick those characters we have some affinity with. Try as I may, I find it almost impossible to point to a character from the prequel era I find endearing in any way; Asajj being one of the few exceptions.

I just find it somewhat perplexing that characters with a dispel ability weren't distributed more evenly throughout the SW saga. Giving it to the likes of Fett, Greedo, Luke, Veers, Ren etc etc would see some of those underused characters feature more prominently in Arena squads.
  • Options
    These characters are mostly not from the prequels. I think Cody is the only one in them. They're from the Clone Wars show, which most people who hate the prequels absolutely love. It undoes a lot of the damage done in the prequels to the Anakin character, and it's some of the best Star Wars material in existence, especially in current Disney canon.
  • MBL_66
    2465 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe it's because during the prequel era there was a much stronger knowledge of the force so they have some of the better abilities? Idk I feel like I'm really stretching here to come up with a reason lol
  • MichelleT82
    18 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Parableman wrote: »
    These characters are mostly not from the prequels. I think Cody is the only one in them. They're from the Clone Wars show, which most people who hate the prequels absolutely love. It undoes a lot of the damage done in the prequels to the Anakin character, and it's some of the best Star Wars material in existence, especially in current Disney canon.

I mentioned in my original post that said characters were from the prequel/clone wars era. While I agree that the Clone Wars series was somewhat of an improvement on the prequels, my point that there should be more diversification of the dispel ability still stands.