Client restart - Message: the dark side is rising (Merged threads)

Replies

• scuba
    14086 posts Member
    Options
    everyone is missing some, they said they'd give out 3 before but people only ever got 20

Your not getting the extras.

From cg_kosi

"The Chewie shards were meant to be a grant to new players only in order to kickstart their holobattle adventures, but it turns out the day after we launched this grant, it was also sent to established players. Instead of reverting this action, we left it in."

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/593604/#Comment_593604
  • Faroer
    246 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    everyone is missing some, they said they'd give out 3 before but people only ever got 20

Your not getting the extras.

From cg_kosi

"The Chewie shards were meant to be a grant to new players only in order to kickstart their holobattle adventures, but it turns out the day after we launched this grant, it was also sent to established players. Instead of reverting this action, we left it in."

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/593604/#Comment_593604

Yea I don't know why people could not just read the Chewie shard message in game.

When we all started we got Chewie shards. They just added 2 more achievements that you would have gotten at the very beginning.

But since we had been playing they arrived much later for us. It was all incredibly clear in the in game messages With the shards, if you just thought back to the early achievements.

Utterly amazed that this was ever an issue on the forum lol.
  • Options
    What was the update about?
  • Options
    For character shards in Bronze packs, if I read the pop up right?
  • Options
    I was thinking they meant those cruddy packs that cost 1199 crystals... I think it was a ploy to get us to start opening those. If they really want to prove their "improved" though, they will change the minimum number of shards from 2.... we all know those packs never drop maximum of anything
  • Options
    I see that they increased the number of potential drops from 5 to 7, so at least there is SOME improvement.
  • Options
    On 5th August, Jesse wrote: "We have brand-new content and events coming this month that we’ll share more details on in the coming weeks. We will also continue to roll out updates that address bugs that have been reported by the community."

I hope they know August only has four weeks and I was wondering when they would tell us more about the 'brand-new content and events'. Finally, we got a message today saying 'the dark side is rising'.

Therefore, I guess it is the riddle game that we have been waiting for two weeks. Lol! This game has never failed to surprise us!
  • Options
    Sheev Palpatine confirmed!
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    I think the empire event is coming back
  • Options
    Emperor palpatine
  • Options
    Blev08 wrote: »
    Whatever it is, I'm sure I'll still be out of credits for it.

Same.

"Oh cool, a new event... shame I get murdered half way into it and thus miss out on all the super hot awesome rewards and millions of credits they allege can be earned".

I wish I could be excited about this, but at this point I just assume it's something else that will inadvertently punish me for not having the 'right' characters leveled/starred, or a thinly veiled 'you must have paid this much in to ride' paywall.

Guess I'm finally embracing my cynicism in this game/team.
  • Options
    its just another way to attempt to extract money from you. Based on track record its not going to be fun, nor well coded and most likely not balanced.
  • Options
    Yeah, the slot machines pay out a *little* more now...
  • Options
    I think it's for the droid raid ...tho the droid raid is technically the republic...but i guess it's dark side so maybe they classified it as empire... then again they were controlled by palatine so practically empire

Any ways the raid got announced over a moth ago so not much of a surprise and the rebel event didn't drop much in terms of useful equipment so idk
  • Options
    K_G0sling wrote: »
    Last Com Update:

What’s being worked on now?
    We have brand-new content and events coming this month that we’ll share more details on in the coming weeks.

So, I think it NOT being the raid is probably accurate. I'm guessing...it's something NEW. *crossing fingers for Palpatine Event*

Yes please
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    pixman83 wrote: »
    I see that they increased the number of potential drops from 5 to 7, so at least there is SOME improvement.

If that's the case then they now give an additional 4 shards.... big whip
  • Options
    Can we ask the Russians to hack CG's servers and release all their emails?
  • Options
    If it is an event like the Yoda event that sucks for me. Cause I only have one sith I was just working on getting Jedi for Yoda event. 3 Jedi at moment.
  • Options
    Jedi2407 wrote: »
    Can we ask the Russians to hack CG's servers and release all their emails?

Why do you care what cool Pokemon they caught that day?
  • 3Edward9
    486 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    To get Yoda, you need five Jedies. So I assume we will need five Sith for Sheev Palpatine. I guess it is just another event for few people who could afford the useless characters.
  • Options
    If it is an event like the Yoda event that sucks for me. Cause I only have one sith I was just working on getting Jedi for Yoda event. 3 Jedi at moment.

It'll be more likely to require empire characters
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    3Edward9 wrote: »
    To get Yoda, you need five Jedies. So I assume we will need five Sith for Sheev Palpatine. I guess it is just another event for few people who could afford the useless Sith Lords.

Don't you think that makes a ton of sense to do though for them? A Sith event while moving Darth Maul to a hard to farm location and selling a Sith bundle would bring it a ton of cash.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Yes they are 1% less useless.....and still overpriced.
  • Options
    ....So ignoring the empire event dark side rising wich has it's own thread...

What is the increase if any 1 got it?

bronzium data cards? or chromium packs?

do they drop more or do they drop other chars too

any way I got 7 shards for ewok scout.... from the free bronzium card

so just wondering if any1 knows...

• 3Edward9
    486 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    It would be nice if they could replace the unwanted "Training Droid Event" with "Credit Heists Event", at least three times a week! Got two dozen mods to upgrade and one dozen characters to level 80.
  • Options
    Those awful packs are designed for whales who throw money at the game until they get something maxed. Like their credit cards.
  • Options
    there's only 5 in the game and 1 is behind a paywall

• Options
    Siddious is tagged just as a sith and kylo doesn't have a sith tag
  • Options
    Whatever is planned, you should save your credits/crystals etc. It's bound to be achievable and fun for the first 24-48 hours so max out the play time. After the first 48 you could expect it to become unachievable, unaffordable. I'm guessing it will require 150 cantina energy to look at the introduction and you'll have 3 seconds to start the event but will need another 100 cantina energy to do so. The good news is that you'll have about a 0.1% chance of earning an achievement from the RNG.
  • Options
    New toon Darth Madden